PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly Women

Mjcpr
1/18/2007, 03:31 PM
Dean, you got hillbilly relations out Gore way? :D

Railroad bridge collapses

GORE -- A railroad-bridge collapse brought down a Union Pacific coal train early Wednesday afternoon.

Fourteen of the 133 cars bound for Arkansas with Wyoming coal derailed when an 80-foot-long bridge gave way in a wooded area about 2 <sup>1</sup>/2 miles northwest of Gore.

Six of those cars plummeted into Cedar Creek, where they lay piled up like crumpled tin cans.

Coal poured out of the cars like spilled flour, and loose pistons were stacked up in the creek like dominoes.

Three employees were on the train, but no one was injured, officials said.
Ruby Henry's property abuts the railroad bridge.

She said the collapse sounded like a what happens when a vehicle drive shaft breaks when you're "going over the rough stuff."

Alarmed by what she heard just outside her pasture, Henry grabbed her gun.
"I was going to shoot their asses out," she said.

Joe Arbona, a Union Pacific spokesman, said railroad investigators have not determined what caused the bridge to collapse, but an employee at the scene didn't think it had anything to do with the icy weather, he said.

"The railroad is familiar with operating in severe weather," Arbona said.
He said the bridge will have to be replaced along with 10 panels of train track.
Alternative routes will be taken until the repairs and replacements are complete.

The cars that fell were near the back of the train. Each box car holds 142 tons of coal.

The crumbling sounds of metal continued hours after the accident.
Arbona said crews will use special equipment to remove the spilled coal.

"They have what's basically like a vacuum cleaner machine that will remove all of the coal particles," he said.

Gore Police Chief Jerry Fields said he is thankful that at least the coal didn't spill onto city streets.

"It would have made a mess," he said.

The accident site is in a rural area far from roads.

According to its Web site, Union Pacific is the largest railroad in North America, operating in the western two-thirds of the United States.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/NewsStory.asp?ID=070118_Ne_A13_Railr71575

8timechamps
1/18/2007, 03:38 PM
I wonder if she meant she was going to engage in "a shootout", or she was really going to "shoot their asses out"?

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/18/2007, 03:39 PM
Heh.

C&CDean
1/18/2007, 03:40 PM
I wonder if she meant she was going to engage in "a shootout", or she was really going to "shoot their asses out"?

If it was my kin, she'd mean "shoot their asses out" cause most of my kin can do it.

8timechamps
1/18/2007, 03:42 PM
If it was my kin, she'd mean "shoot their asses out" cause most of my kin can do it.

Any of 'em single?

slickdawg
1/18/2007, 03:43 PM
I guess hillbillies are a little different that southern rednecks - the southern redneck would have said "I'll blow their asses away"

8timechamps
1/18/2007, 03:46 PM
I guess hillbillies are a little different that southern rednecks - the southern redneck would have said "I'll blow their asses away"

Or, "I'll blow out their asses"

C&CDean
1/18/2007, 03:49 PM
That's because southern rednecks use shotguns. My kin are much more precise and prefer the rifle approach. My brother could shoot the brown eye out of possum with a .22 from 90 yards. Clean. One small hole where winky used to be.

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 03:57 PM
Every time we stay at Greenleaf Lake we make a grocery run into Gore. I hope the town doesn't smell like coal now (instead the usual crap smell).

Mjcpr
1/18/2007, 04:11 PM
Wouldn't it be faster to go to Braggs?

frankensooner
1/18/2007, 04:15 PM
Be careful up there on Braggs Mountain. They don't take kindly to strangers.

Gore.....MMMMMMMM......Fin and Feather.

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 04:24 PM
Wouldn't it be faster to go to Braggs?
Gore >>>>> Braggs. Everyone knows that.

Mjcpr
1/18/2007, 04:27 PM
Gore >>>>> Braggs. Everyone knows that.

Yeah, but does it really matter where you go to get your beer and Vieenie Weenies? :D

frankensooner
1/18/2007, 04:28 PM
Is there a store in Braggs? I don't seem to recall much there except the water tower, school and a huge rural school district.

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 04:29 PM
Yeah, but does it really matter where you go to get your beer and Vieenie Weenies? :D
No, but I can't bring myself to consort with Braggites. Way too provincial for me. I like high class - which is why we choose Gore.

Mjcpr
1/18/2007, 04:32 PM
You can't go wrong with Harp's for your hillbilly shopping needs.

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 04:34 PM
Seriously. They've got all the bologna and fishing tackle you need - all in the same flippin store. Last time I was there they were accepting credit cards.

StoopTroup
1/18/2007, 05:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/NufCed38/granny_clampett.jpg

tulsaoilerfan
1/18/2007, 11:48 PM
No, but I can't bring myself to consort with Braggites. Way too provincial for me. I like high class - which is why we choose Gore.

Worthless OU Trivia inserted here: Did you know that Gore's baseball complex is named after Steve Owens? :D

setem
1/18/2007, 11:49 PM
This sounds like an old Eagles tune!

Sooner_Bob
1/19/2007, 09:12 AM
There's spam in them thar hills!

Mjcpr
1/19/2007, 09:51 AM
Worthless OU Trivia inserted here: Did you know that Gore's baseball complex is named after Steve Owens? :D

I've seen it a million times but I didn't know that.

Jerk
1/19/2007, 10:02 AM
Bridges don't do well in that area.

TopDaugIn2000
1/19/2007, 12:36 PM
I don't seem to recall much there except the water tower, school and a huge rural school district.

welcome to eastern oklahoma.......

LoyalFan
1/19/2007, 01:45 PM
Be careful up there on Braggs Mountain. They don't take kindly to strangers.

Gore.....MMMMMMMM......Fin and Feather.

Ah'd avoid Wolverton Mountain too. Clifton Flowers is a very protective parent.

Lawyul Fayun