PDA

View Full Version : Castro Deathwatch Thread

VeeJay
1/18/2007, 01:39 PM
Heading for that great nationalization in the sky! (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16484950.htm)

I am going to Las Vegas on Saturday. I am going to look to place a bet on how long the fugger hangs on.

Jerk
1/18/2007, 01:41 PM
He's soon to be a good commie :D

SoonerStormchaser
1/18/2007, 01:41 PM
Over under on how fast American corporations get in there after it's announced he's dead:

48 hours!

fadada1
1/18/2007, 01:46 PM
disney, perhaps.

six flags over the bay of pigs!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/18/2007, 01:50 PM
The idot is dying becuase he wanted to poop out his pooper rather than have a short term colostomy. Uhhh, poop into a bag for a short time or have a more risky surgery and risk a tear (what happened) and poop into your gut and build up a big infection...

You tell me, which would you choose?

TUSooner
1/18/2007, 01:50 PM
Will he hang on longer than Franco?

RacerX
1/18/2007, 02:02 PM
disney, perhaps.

six flags over the bay of pigs!!!

I can't wait for Missile Crisis ride to open!

OklahomaTuba
1/18/2007, 02:03 PM
Damn, First Saddam and now this. I am running out of champagne! I better stock up.

Maybe Chavez and that little kidnapping dinner jacket wearing bitch boy in Tehran will be next?

RacerX
1/18/2007, 02:04 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Cuba-old_car.jpg

I can get new a car if Fidel dies.

NormanPride
1/18/2007, 02:08 PM
I don't keep up with Cuba or any of that jazz that much. Does Fidel leaving this mortal coil mean no more communism over there? No more trade embargoes?

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 02:31 PM
How many virgins does he get when he dies? I'm not up on the commie belief system.

Xstnlsooner
1/18/2007, 02:42 PM
No, he only gets two slabs of butter when he croaks,
because he is TOAST!!

C&CDean
1/18/2007, 02:44 PM
How many virgins does he get when he dies? I'm not up on the commie belief system.

None. He becomes one for Osama's boys.

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2007, 02:46 PM
Over under on how fast American corporations get in there after it's announced he's dead:

48 hours!

Nothing will change after he dies. His brother, who is "ruling" Cuba now, is just as, if not more, militant than Fidel.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/8/15/224049.shtml

When he croaks, I will spark up one of these bad boys tho.

http://www.cigares-compagnie.com/images/060302/0603-063.jpg

sooneron
1/18/2007, 02:48 PM
Meh, I'd rather spark up a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/18/2007, 03:00 PM
I'm not so sure Raul has the same ability to control the population that Fidel had. Hope I'm right. Viva la Revolucion!

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2007, 04:59 PM
Meh, I'd rather spark up a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill

Gotta a few of those left.. tubos... They don't succ either... :)

C&CDean
1/18/2007, 05:07 PM
I sure wish you yuppy, suspender wearing homos would quit fagging up this thread with cigar talk. If you're under 50, and smoke expensive cigars, you're gay. It's been scientifically proven.

dolemitesooner
1/18/2007, 05:08 PM
Nothing will change after he dies. His brother, who is "ruling" Cuba now, is just as, if not more, militant than Fidel.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/8/15/224049.shtml

When he croaks, I will spark up one of these bad boys tho.

http://www.cigares-compagnie.com/images/060302/0603-063.jpg
Only a horn would buy fromthe commies you unamerican POS

StoopTroup
1/18/2007, 05:24 PM
I sure wish you yuppy, suspender wearing homos would quit fagging up this thread with cigar talk. If you're under 50, and smoke expensive cigars, you're gay. It's been scientifically proven.

Wow...

I can start smokin' cigars in 3 years!

Awesome. :rolleyes:

:pop:

Dear Fidel...

I didn't send flowers.

Sorry.

ST

def_lazer_fc
1/18/2007, 06:59 PM
why do we care again whether or not castro dies?

1/18/2007, 07:29 PM
why do we care again whether or not castro dies?high quality, cheap cigars, cheap caribbean vacations, unbelievable largemouth bass fishing, possibly some good saltwater fishing, and cheap sugar. Also, a good bomb-testing area.

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2007, 07:55 PM
I sure wish you yuppy, suspender wearing homos would quit fagging up this thread with cigar talk. If you're under 50, and almost saw your leg in half with a chainsaw whilst perched precariously on a front loader while suspended 20 feet in the air, you're gay. It's been scientifically proven.

:D

Oh.. and I bought 'em from Krauts.. not Commies.

MamaMia
1/18/2007, 08:07 PM
This thread is worthless without a web cam. :pop:

Oldnslo
1/18/2007, 09:17 PM
Did Fidel snuff it? Or is he about to?

That'll put the fun back into funeral.

royalfan5
1/18/2007, 09:21 PM
The Governor of Nebraska is supposed to be headed down there shortly on a trade mission. If Castro kicks it or is really close, the visit will be postponed. But as of right now the trip is still a go.

Oldnslo
1/18/2007, 09:29 PM
The Governor of Nebraska is supposed to be headed down there shortly on a trade mission. If Castro kicks it or is really close, the visit will be postponed. But as of right now the trip is still a go.
Great. Now I'm getting updates on world news via the Nebraska Governor's travel itinerary.

Next up: menus.

def_lazer_fc
1/18/2007, 10:24 PM
are the cigars that good, or are they that good simply b/c you can't buy em here?

i mean, i get giddy if i have a 6 point bud light here, and there's really nothing awesome about them.

BigRedJed
1/18/2007, 10:38 PM
If smoking cigars -- and listening to the Pet Shop Boys -- is wrong... ...I don't want to be right!

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 10:42 PM
If smoking pickles -- and listening to the Pet Shop Boys -- is wrong... ...I don't want to be right!
Had to be done.

Sooner_Havok
1/18/2007, 11:07 PM
are the cigars that good, or are they that good simply b/c you can't buy em here?

i mean, i get giddy if i have a 6 point bud light here, and there's really nothing awesome about them.

They are good. Not just because they are contraband, but because for some reason that Cuban Tobacky is just better than what we can get from anywhere else.

OUinFLA
1/18/2007, 11:19 PM
Prolly open up an influx of classic cars.

VeeJay
1/18/2007, 11:35 PM
Just my luck.....the day North American Van Lines heads north outta here with the VJ Family possessions...will be the day Kooba opens up for Yanki denero...likker, whores, authentic arroz con polla...

The Beard can't assume room temperature fast enough.

My grandfather used to tell me tales of when he'd go to Cuba on a ferry to go gambling in the 50's. I'd like to see the place, too, if I survive the old bastard.

1/19/2007, 12:58 AM
Dad got a job with Sinclair Oil that moved him and family(me included) from OKC to Venezuela in the late '50's(1957). We had a stopover at the Havana airport, pre-Castro revolution. There were mucho political problems, even then. We were confined to one room at the airport, and armed militia-types were all around. I was relieved to get out of there, and on to Caracas.

proud gonzo
1/19/2007, 02:29 AM

technically, due to the trade embargo Americans are barred not only from purchasing Cuban goods here but also in other countries. And it's not limited to purchasing. it also bans transporting, importing, "or otherwise dealing in or engaging in any transactions with respect to any merchandise outside the United States if such merchandise (1) is of Cuban origin; or (2) is or has been located in or transported from or through Cuba; or (3) is made or derived in whole or in part of any article which is the growth, produce or manufacture of Cuba. Thus, in the case of cigars, the prohibition extends to cigars manufactured in Cuba and sold in a third country and to cigars manufactured in a third country from tobacco grown in Cuba."

for individuals, violations can go up to $250,000 in fines and 10 years in prison and corporations can be fined up to $1,000,000

OUinFLA
1/19/2007, 08:56 AM
good thing lid is a lawyer.
at least all he'll have to pay is the fine.
oh, and for that he will get free room and board.

TexasLidig8r
1/19/2007, 09:17 AM
They are good. Not just because they are contraband, but because for some reason that Cuban Tobacky is just better than what we can get from anywhere else.

The growing conditions, weather patterns, soil conditions in the Vuelto Abajo, one of the primary regions for growing cuban tobacco leaves, particularly the leaves used for wrappers, gives cubans a unique flavor and taste.

That's why even though some cigar companies advertise their cigars as being made from real cuban tobacco seeds, the end result is not the same because the soil and growing conditions are not duplicated.

One of the bigger differences I have seen with cubans vs. non, is that with cubans, the taste of the cigar lasts all the way down to the nub... with others I have had, the taste has died out the closer you get to the band.

C&CDean
1/19/2007, 09:25 AM
The growing conditions, weather patterns, soil conditions in the Vuelto Abajo, one of the primary regions for growing cuban tobacco leaves, particularly the leaves used for wrappers, gives cubans a unique flavor and taste.

That's why even though some cigar companies advertise their cigars as being made from real cuban tobacco seeds, the end result is not the same because the soil and growing conditions are not duplicated.

One of the bigger differences I have seen with cubans vs. non, is that with cubans, the taste of the cigar lasts all the way down to the nub... with others I have had, the taste has died out the closer you get to the band.

Yes, it's like bread/pizza dough in NYC. It's the NYC city water that makes it. You can't duplicate it in OKC or anywhere else.

But eating pizza isn't gay. Trying to look cool in a yuppy bar wearing your suspenders, bowtie, swilling over-priced hooch, hitting on some herpazoidette, while deep throating a stinkin' assed cigar is uber gay.

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 09:27 AM
i know alot of federal agents that have had to "destroy" cuban cigars using the "burn" method

:)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/19/2007, 09:49 AM
They tell us in Houston that they burn them in the onsite incinerator and not smoke them...

Yeah right...

Jerk
1/19/2007, 09:51 AM
i know alot of federal agents that have had to "destroy" cuban cigars using the "burn" method

:)

They ran over them with tanks and threw flashbang grenades at them?

BigRedJed
1/19/2007, 09:55 AM
technically, due to the trade embargo Americans are barred not only from purchasing Cuban goods here but also in other countries. And it's not limited to purchasing. it also bans transporting, importing, "or otherwise dealing in or engaging in any transactions with respect to any merchandise outside the United States if such merchandise (1) is of Cuban origin; or (2) is or has been located in or transported from or through Cuba; or (3) is made or derived in whole or in part of any article which is the growth, produce or manufacture of Cuba. Thus, in the case of cigars, the prohibition extends to cigars manufactured in Cuba and sold in a third country and to cigars manufactured in a third country from tobacco grown in Cuba."

for individuals, violations can go up to $250,000 in fines and 10 years in prison and corporations can be fined up to $1,000,000
Dangit. I guess I'm financially ruined once the feds find out about those Cubanos I smoked in England and Jamaica. When I was in London, a friend travelled from Prague to hang out with us. We went into a cigar store, and I remarked, "oh, that's right -- you can get Cubans here." He looked at me like I was a fool and said, "uh, actually that's about ALL you can get here. They're all Cubans."

I might have accidentally smoked a few here in the states, too. But I really didn't mean it.

And Dean, I don't wear suspenders. Or a bowtie. Or hit on herpezoidettes. Nor do I deepthroat anything. That said, I do throw down for the quality booze. And, I listen to the Pet Shop Boys.

MamaMia
1/19/2007, 10:10 AM

i mean, i get giddy if i have a 6 point bud light here, and there's really nothing awesome about them.Thats does offer the same sort of excitement that makes my husband get all "giddy" when we're visiting my father. :O

I would like to add that getting all giddy at home, in Daddy's guest room, or in Cuba, even though I have never had the pleasure to visit there as of yet, would bring a certain excitement to my life. :P

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 10:16 AM
are cuban cigars better?

ummm, yes

absolutely

olevetonahill
1/19/2007, 10:22 AM
Is there a REEward for turning in these folks that flount the law ?
Cause if so , Im taking names :D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/19/2007, 10:40 AM
Hey Dean, If I bring back a few Cubanos with me when I return from Europe, does that make me a commie pinko? Tuba? ;)

Damn fine smoking...however at about 5 a year, I don't think I'm doing much for the cause (or revolution)...

TexasLidig8r
1/19/2007, 11:06 AM
But eating pizza isn't gay. Well.. unless you are gay...

Trying to look cool I'm too old, bald and fat to try to look cool...

in a yuppy bar Yuppie bars died about 15 years ago... and am too old to be a yuppie...

wearing your suspenders, The suspender look died about 15 years ago...

bowtie, For some reason.. it works for me...

swilling over-priced hooch, Life is too short to drink cheap wine or liquor.. and ANYONE over the age of 25 who still drinks Crown Royal.. is UBER GAY..

hitting on some herpazoidette, Love the term, but the chase has lost it allure...

while deep throating a stinkin' assed cigar is uber gay. Good cigars are nuzzled.

Now.. you do seem to be an expert on things that are gay.. vs. non-gay. hmmm... the voice of experience????? :D

C&CDean
1/19/2007, 11:10 AM
You have no business smoking cigars if you:

-gel your hair
-drive a car built anywhere in Europe
-do not own your own home
-have your jeans starched
-wear suspenders with a tie
-have capped teeth
-drink fruity martinis
-water down your booze with anything, and I mean anything
-hold them like you hold your boyfriend's penis
-think other people are going "wow, look at Mr. Cool smoking the cigar"
-judge your cigars by their price rather than their quality
-have paid more than $10 for a single cigar
-wear gold chains around your neck, wrist, or ankle
-have earrings
-wear a toupee, have implants, or have ever colored your hair
-have ever had a manicure or a pedicure
-wear those euro-looking black shiny shoes with the square toes
-wear shirts that are too small for you
-think that golf and cigar smoking are something you do simultaneously
-think that somehow puffing a stogie makes you look more manly
-have "tribal" tattoos
-own one of those gay little clippers and special lighter
-listen to anything that falls under the category of "indie"
-wear silk undergarments
-cross your legs like a chick

It's ok to smoke cigars if you:

-are a veteran - you've earned it
-have a crewcut or at least a $15 or less haircut
-drive a truck or sensible car
-wouldn't even consider piercing. anything.
-own your own home and/or business
-have never even considered how you look while smoking one
-bite off the tip of your cigar and spit it out
-light it with a match or a zippo
-don't hang out in "hip" meat market bars
-cut your own fingernails
-wear cotton underwear
-think a man wearing jewelry - other than a watch and a ring or two is a fag
-think perfume belongs on chicks, not dudes
-think those trendy cigar bars are just cover joints for gay bath houses
-don't offend others by smoking your stank indoors

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 11:12 AM
i love it!

Jerk
1/19/2007, 11:14 AM
Well, I wear boxers so that kind of rules me out.

They're cotton, though. So can I smoke a cigar?

I gave up briefs a long time ago - about age 14

(I don't know why I assume you're talking about briefs vs boxers)

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 11:18 AM
i dont think he meant you have to wear tighty whities

C&CDean
1/19/2007, 11:19 AM
Damn truck drivers ain't the sharpest hook in the tackle box, are they?

Look at the little tag thing on the back. If it says "100% cotton" it doesn't matter if they're briefs, boxers, long johns, or jammies with a butt door.

jk the sooner fan
1/19/2007, 11:22 AM
jammies with a butt door.

where do you buy yours?

OUinFLA
1/19/2007, 03:02 PM
where do you buy yours?

Pajama Heaven (http://www.pajamaheaven.com/)

SicEm recommended it.