PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Mustain as a Sooner

Octavian
1/17/2007, 08:16 PM
What does everyone think?

monty
1/17/2007, 08:18 PM
Has there been any new talk about the possibility of this happening up there in Norman?

Octavian
1/17/2007, 08:21 PM
it's a big rumor in Arkansas....and one that is consuming another OU football message board at the moment.

...also think something was said about it earlier on Cold Pizza.

Rumors are (and so far I haven't seen any links or evidence....just rumors) that he is making a trip to Norman in the near future.

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts....

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 08:22 PM
Rumor I heard had him going to Tulsa

Octavian
1/17/2007, 08:23 PM
"they" talk a lot, don't they? ;)

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 08:26 PM
"they" talk a lot, don't they? ;)

That they do. I can't see him coming to OU though. If he came here he would have to beat out Nichol, and Sammy B. I don't see him putting himself into another situation where he may ride the pine again.

josh09
1/17/2007, 08:27 PM
That they do. I can't see him coming to OU though. If he came here he would have to beat out Nichol, and Sammy B. I don't see him putting himself into another situation where he may ride the pine again.

Wheres the respect for Joey? :D

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 08:29 PM
Wheres the respect for Joey? :D

Balzle is up there too i guess ;)

ArkanSooner
1/17/2007, 08:29 PM
Apparently Tulsa, Louisville, and Oklahoma are showing the most interest. He is planning a visit to Norman. It sure would be nice to have him, for more competition if nothing else.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 08:31 PM
Apparently Tulsa, Louisville, and Oklahoma are showing the most interest. He is planning a visit to Norman. It sure would be nice to have him, for more competition if nothing else.

I think we may have promised Nichol that we wouldn't bring in any more competition

Scott D
1/17/2007, 08:32 PM
I'd have to think that it's best to take a pass in that regard.

josh09
1/17/2007, 08:34 PM
I think we may have promised Nichol that we wouldn't bring in any more competition

Ya we dont need this guy, we have 3 very capable QBs.

monty
1/17/2007, 08:39 PM
Ya we dont need this guy, we have 3 very capable QBs.

I'm not 100% positive that they are capable until they at least play a game or two. Not saying that they won't be, but...i think at this point it would be great to get some competition going at the QB spot. The more options the better at this point, IMHO.

Scott D
1/17/2007, 08:41 PM
I'm not 100% positive that they are capable until they at least play a game or two. Not saying that they won't be, but...i think at this point it would be great to get some competition going at the QB spot. The more options the better at this point, IMHO.

certainly 4 Quarterbacks on scholarship means no competition, we must bring in a 5th.

Soonerfan88
1/17/2007, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't want him even if he & his momma weren't carrying so much baggage. Nichol is also a great talent and seems to have a better character. With our limited scholarships this year, I'd rather see OU pick up another OL or 2 and some help at DE & secondary.

kevpks
1/17/2007, 08:46 PM
Mustain reminds me of Bomar. He is like Bomar's brattier weaker little brother. Who the heck has their mom go meet with the athletic director? Kids get made fun of for that kind of crap even when they are in little league. Even assuming that Mustain got a "raw deal" he should have handled the situation. If you want to transfer, be a man and do it. Don't have mommy hold your hand.

snp
1/17/2007, 09:01 PM
Why wouldn't he follow his OC to Tulsa? I realize if he's a great OC than he might leave in a year or so, but a little early to tell if this guy is the real deal or not.

certainly 4 Quarterbacks on scholarship means no competition, we must bring in a 5th.

We could always let all the ex-QBs like Johnson and Finley switch. We'll be 9 deep!

soonerboomer93
1/17/2007, 09:02 PM
Don't need the drama from him and mama

AllAboutThe'O'
1/17/2007, 09:47 PM
In my opinion, Mustain got a raw deal at Arkansas but it would be best for all parties involved that he not go to OU.

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 09:49 PM
No.

F-ing.

Way.

ArkanSooner
1/17/2007, 09:51 PM
Mustain reminds me of Bomar. He is like Bomar's brattier weaker little brother. Who the heck has their mom go meet with the athletic director? Kids get made fun of for that kind of crap even when they are in little league. Even assuming that Mustain got a "raw deal" he should have handled the situation. If you want to transfer, be a man and do it. Don't have mommy hold your hand.
Mitchell's mom didn't go meet with Frank Broyles. It was the parents of Ben Cleveland and Damian Williams, I believe. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I do not believe Beck was there.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/17/2007, 09:52 PM
Mitchell's mom didn't go meet with Frank Broyles. It was the parents of Ben Cleveland and Damian Williams, I believe. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but I do not believe Beck was there.
I think Beck was in on that meeting, but Cleveland's parents pretty much initiated it.

OU-HSV
1/17/2007, 09:54 PM
In my opinion, Mustain got a raw deal at Arkansas but it would be best for all parties involved that he not go to OU.
No doubt he got a raw deal at Arkiesaw..but I don't think we need him at OU either. As Havok said, another rumor was that Nichol was promised no more QBs would come in. I think 4 QBs is enough to get the one we need to step up in a competition and frankly I wasn't impressed w/Mustain's performance when he was getting the majority of the pt at Arkiesaw. I'd be really shocked if he landed in Norman.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/17/2007, 10:04 PM
it would also be foolish IMO because if im not mistaken, he would take up another scholarship that are being offered for next year unless he chooses to walk on and i doubt he would do that. with the lack of schollys this year i dont think we need another QB when stoops already promised nichol he wouldnt. we need d-ends not troubled QBs (although i do think he got screwed)

bluedogok
1/17/2007, 10:08 PM
90% that he heads to Tulsa....it's as close to momma that he can be outside of Fayetteville and still play D-IA.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:19 PM
it would also be foolish IMO because if im not mistaken, he would take up another scholarship that are being offered for next year unless he chooses to walk on and i doubt he would do that. with the lack of schollys this year i dont think we need another QB when stoops already promised nichol he wouldnt. we need d-ends not troubled QBs (although i do think he got screwed)

Actually the rumor I heard has him walking on at Tulsa this year. Something about if he walks on and pays his way this year he doesn't lose any eligibility. But that is just the rumor I am hearing.

opksooner
1/17/2007, 10:23 PM
"Do not borrow ( recruit ) trouble"
--Socrates

TripleOption14
1/17/2007, 10:29 PM
Say he does come to OU by some random chance of the football gods..... Bet your bottom dollar that Nichol goes back to MSU. So it boils down to would the coaches rather have Nichol or Mustain. And Mustain is Bomar all over again and i think the coaches are thinking the same thing. That being said they will pass on having another headache. They've learned their lesson i'm sure.

Tuloma
1/17/2007, 10:30 PM
My wife is from NW Arkansas and we spend a lot of time over there and I assure you Mitch Mustain is not the problem. He got a raw deal along with his high school coach.

He is is a great 18 year old kid. He cannot control his Mother, but I do not blame her for sticking up for her son. If he comes to OU he will do well and everybody bashing him is going to feel awful silly.

What, OU had 5 QB's and suddenly wound up with none and fortunately had a wide receiver that saved the day. Three is not enough. Let's say Nichol gets hurt and is lost for a year or forever and Bradford does not work out then what. Hazle, not likely.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 10:35 PM
John Nimmo, Sam Bradford, Hays McEachern, Joey Halzle, Keith Nichol
We are good at the QB spot for now, let's uses the scholarship on an area we are not very deep at

NorthernIowaSooner
1/17/2007, 10:54 PM
Actually the rumor I heard has him walking on at Tulsa this year. Something about if he walks on and pays his way this year he doesn't lose any eligibility. But that is just the rumor I am hearing.

as far as i understand the transfer rules, no matter if hes on scholarship or not he has to sit out next year. he'd still have three years left though. he apparently visited norman today, OU never played a part in his initial recruitment because of the idiot. either way i think hes a great player and wouldve been a good fit initially but now i dont want him here this year because of nichol and bradford.

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2007, 11:07 PM
When does the Spring Semester start at OU? Wasn't Nichol thinking about enrolling early to compete for the starting job in Spring Practice?

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 11:19 PM

Nope. Your "five to play four" clock starts the minute you step on campus whether you're on scholarship or not. Even if you leave school for a year you still lose a year of eligibility.

He could use the redshirt he should have used this year.

arcman46
1/17/2007, 11:20 PM
We don't need another "Bomar" situation. We already lost one good QB because of that idiot. We don't need to lose another good QB because of another one.

setem
1/17/2007, 11:23 PM
I was not much of a football players in high school, I still played and started a few games my junior year and every game my senior year. Baseball was my gig. The football kids from Springdale walk with a tad taller than the rest of the swine that was 5A west football. We did kick the **** out of them my junior year in rout to the 5A state championship. The next year they became the powerhouse football team we all know and hate!

The baseball kids were pretty cool though, we had some good times with them on American Legion trips. They played at most of the baseball tournaments we were at and we really cut it up at the hotels.

I have a few friends that play for the Hogs from Bentonville. Brian Vavre(He kicks off!) Nathan Huffer(9th String Deep Snapper) and a kid who I am not really friends with but was a frosh when I graduated (9th string punter)

They all say he is a cocky jack ***. If I was a senior and one of the freshmen had his momma come in and talk to the AD cause he is not getting his touches, we would def have words. He is a cancer and like bomar he knows what he is. I am sure he is uncoachable and looks down his nose at the lowere recruits. My buds say he is a complete asshat!

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:33 PM
Nope. Your "five to play four" clock starts the minute you step on campus whether you're on scholarship or not. Even if you leave school for a year you still lose a year of eligibility.

He could use the redshirt he should have used this year.

That's kinda what I thought but I wasn't positive. Guess there is a reason they are rumors instead of truths huh :D

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 11:37 PM
That's kinda what I thought but I wasn't positive. Guess there is a reason they are rumors instead of truths huh :D

Yeah, pretty much. I guess he could go on a mission for a year. The NCAA suspends the five to play four clock if you're out of school for a mission or military service.

Sooner_Havok
1/17/2007, 11:49 PM
How do you think his Chinese is?

landrun
1/17/2007, 11:52 PM
Mitch can come. But his mommy needs to stay in Arkansas.

snp
1/18/2007, 12:02 AM

He wouldn't take over for Paul Smith anyways. But as Mike already said, no, your rumor is wrong.

soonerhillbilly
1/18/2007, 12:28 AM
He needs to stay the He77 away from Norman! I know he is not going to land in Norman, but this does give us some crap to talk about until kickoff. I don't know him & I don't want to cheer for him ! He should have stayed here and took his licks.

goingoneight
1/18/2007, 12:51 AM
We don't need no Bitch Cumstain with three other D-1 QB's on the roster.

More_Cowbell
1/18/2007, 12:57 AM
According to Mike Irwin, Sports Director at KFSM

OU Not In Mustain's Plans

A visit was all but set this morning. Something changed later in the day.
Mitch will make a visit tomorrow but he's keeping the team to himself for now.
Louisville is in the picture.
USC (the real USC) a longshot possibility.
A slight chance of another SEC school.
Sorry for the confusion.
Things do change sometimes hour to hour.
The kid's having to do a lot in a hurry. Will try to be enrolled somewhere by Monday.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=109187.0

setem
1/18/2007, 01:46 AM
We don't need no Bitch Cumstain with three other D-1 QB's on the roster.

You sir...are a master of the universe! I would like to join forces with you. What do you say...friend?:D

birddog
1/18/2007, 02:30 AM
screw that dude. the more i think of arkansas the more i imagine the hawgs being nothing more than a big budget jenks high school.

sooneron
1/18/2007, 08:43 AM
No.

F-ing.

Way.
Concur

OklahomaTuba
1/18/2007, 09:43 AM
Heh, Bitch Cumstain.

SoCal
1/18/2007, 09:45 AM

Why would any coach promise a player that he won't have to compete!

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/18/2007, 09:51 AM
Rumor I heard had him going to Tulsa
Thats all I've heard too.

Fraggle145
1/18/2007, 10:40 AM
Bitch Cumstain. greatness.

We dont need Brett Rawlmar part 3.

TexasLidig8r
1/18/2007, 10:42 AM
Should be very interesting to see how the opinions and attitudes change on here if Idoit, The Sequel, commits to OU.

Octavian
1/18/2007, 10:45 AM
Should be very interesting to see how the opinions and attitudes change on here if Idoit, The Sequel, commits to OU.

don't hold yer breath ;)

The newsie talkin' heads that live inside the picture boxes over in Arkansas are reporting the Mustain-to-Norman visit has been cancelled, or....the visit never really was in the works to begin with...

rumors....

sooner_born_1960
1/18/2007, 10:47 AM
Exactly. I'm going to leave it to the coaching staff, who should or shouldn't be on the team. And I'm certainly not going to pretend to know what Stoops' thoughts are on the subject.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/18/2007, 10:49 AM
He wouldn't take over for Paul Smith anyways. But as Mike already said, no, your rumor is wrong.

i dont know what rumor i started but if he goes to tulsa he'll sit out a year and smith will be gone and then its his team if he goes there and the coaches think hes ready

Bob Sacamento
1/18/2007, 10:50 AM
It looks like he is not going to visit OU.

However, anyone who would write off last year's national player of the year and a guy who was 8-0 as a starter in the SEC is completely insane.

snp
1/18/2007, 10:59 AM
i dont know what rumor i started but if he goes to tulsa he'll sit out a year and smith will be gone and then its his team if he goes there and the coaches think hes ready

Sorry, I was talking to someone else and wrongly quoted you. All fixed now.

landrun
1/18/2007, 10:59 AM

However, anyone who would write off last year's national player of the year and a guy who was 8-0 as a starter in the SEC is completely insane.

Then it's verified. I'm insane. :D

I just don't think its good to have a player who tries to run things and who only seems to care about himself to be on OUr team. Truth is, you can only get so good. Its not like he's going to complete 100% of his passes and throw for 300 yards every game. If AD can't win every game for you, then this kid can't either. It takes a team effort.

What he can do is destroy a program with his selfishness though. Look at the joke Arkie has become. And they just had their best season in a long time. All because this guy, his mom and his buddies didn't get to tell the coach who plays, how often and what plays to run when they're in the game.

We don't need him.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2007, 11:03 AM
don't hold yer breath ;)

The newsie talkin' heads that live inside the picture boxes over in Arkansas are reporting the Mustain-to-Norman visit has been cancelled, or....the visit never really was in the works to begin with...

rumors....

It is probably be moot at this point but a few thoughts.

I don't think MM would be BomarII.

For one thing I'm pretty sure Stoops wouldn't bring him in and then send him over to Big Red Sports and Imports to work.

Second, not saying that MM is an Eagle scout or anything like that but so far the prevailing opinion of those who have weighed in from Arkansas is that the problem is Houston Nutt. It could be very much what it appears, that Nutt is a horse's azz and the it isn't a coincidence that a number of people, not just MM are leaving the program. It sounds like MM's mom is a Sith Lord but I think Stoops could handle that.

The guy is pretty good. He went 8-0 as a starter as a true freshman at Ark and was arguably the top player in the country in high school.

Like So Cal said, I can't imagine Stoops told Nicol that he wouldn't have to compete. Maybe he said we won't recruit any more QB this year which is not the same thing as letting a QB, even a top QB transfer in.

MM wouldn't even have a chance of being the starter next year, the starting job would still be up for grabs.

I personally think from what I've heard that Bradford is going to be the man but I fail to see the problem with having 3-4 good QBs on campus as opposed to 2-3.

Again, probably moot.

Ruuuuuufus
1/18/2007, 11:41 AM
OU's policy on transfers has been to wait until a player contacts them. Mustain being interested in OU does not mean OU is interested in Mustain. Rest assured when they initiated contact we told them no thanks and they canceled the trip.

snp
1/18/2007, 11:51 AM
Looks like OU told him no thanks.

soonerboy_odanorth
1/18/2007, 12:27 PM
Well if it is true and not just rumor that their trip was cancelled because Stoops and Co. told him thanks, but no thanks, I just CAN'T WAIT for the Tramel or Carlson article to come out along the lines of..."Gee Bob, why won't you give a kid a chance, you need a QB... just... exactly...like.... MM". You know it's just hanging out there.

I've gotten real sick of the articles out of the DO this year. Seems everyone there knows what's best for the Sooners more than does Bob.

^^^^Well that was a windy sidebar^^^^

Back on topic:

Dear Mommy Dearest and MM:

Please stay away.

Thank you.

Okieflyer
1/18/2007, 12:30 PM
I gotta believe Stoops will do the right thing for the team. But this is kind of scarey!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
1/18/2007, 12:33 PM
Didn't Mustain just get kicked off our team last year for NCAA violations? Oh, wrong guy.

Big Red Ron
1/18/2007, 01:45 PM
Looks like OU told him no thanks.Maybe he didn't want to get stuck under 10 inches of snow?

OklahomaTuba
1/18/2007, 01:47 PM
Good job Bob!

Give him another million for that.

OklahomaTuba
1/18/2007, 01:48 PM
Maybe he didn't want to get stuck under 10 inches of snow?

10" of snow would be an improvement over what we have here.

Big Red Ron
1/18/2007, 01:52 PM
10" of snow would be an improvement over what we have here.In Edmond there is still like 3 inches of Ice...the snow should help traction.;)

RacerX
1/18/2007, 01:58 PM
Well if it is true and not just rumor that their trip was cancelled because Stoops and Co. told him thanks, but no thanks, I just CAN'T WAIT for the Tramel or Carlson article to come out along the lines of..."Gee Bob, why won't you give a kid a chance, you need a QB... just... exactly...like.... MM". You know it's just hanging out there.

I've gotten real sick of the articles out of the DO this year. Seems everyone there knows what's best for the Sooners more than does Bob.

^^^^Well that was a windy sidebar^^^^

Back on topic:

Dear Mommy Dearest and MM:

Please stay away.

Thank you.

Jenni could write it from his Mom's pov. It would be GREATNESS!

be
GREAT
NESS
!

AllAboutThe'O'
1/18/2007, 02:02 PM
This e-mail from a disgruntled Arkansas fan to MM ended up in his mom's hands and she shared it for all the world to see:

http://i3.tinypic.com/4c0wp49.jpg

SgtSooner
1/18/2007, 02:11 PM
Have all of you lost your damn minds? We are a quarterback away from running off a few national titles. Bring him in for the competition, if he wins out in 2008 then great if not then he can hold the damn clipboard. This was the #1 rated quarterback out of high school and yes he can throw it a mile.

Ash
1/18/2007, 02:25 PM
Have all of you lost your damn minds? We are a quarterback away from running off a few national titles. Bring him in for the competition, if he wins out in 2008 then great if not then he can hold the damn clipboard. This was the #1 rated quarterback out of high school and yes he can throw it a mile.

The hesitation is because, if things go down like they did in Arkysaw, he won't just come in and compete and then hold a clipboard if he doesn't get the start.

Mommy (who knows who else) will start trying to raise hell and drag OU and Stoops through the mud in the press and generally be a :cry: .

And who needs that when we've got Bradford, Halzle, and Nichol coming in?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/18/2007, 02:28 PM
Word on the street is that MM's mom likes the "Chuck Long".

She was quoted as saying "I'm not sure what it is but I want it."

Fugue
1/18/2007, 02:34 PM
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/8837/mj7lx.jpg

how can this guy NOT be the answer?

Ash
1/18/2007, 03:15 PM
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/8837/mj7lx.jpg

how can this guy NOT be the answer?

good point :D

TDArkansasOhMy
1/18/2007, 03:50 PM
Take young Mitch and his mom. No worries. All she wants is a Cambell soup contract so when Mitch reaches the pros, she can also cash in. I say in 6 years the Bytch is be on the Serreal life on VH1. Another loser. And if all else fails for her, there's always ABC's smash hit Desperate Housewifes. Perfect fit.

http://http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1214/ncf_a_campbell_195.jpghttp://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1214/ncf_a_campbell_195.jpg

MyT Oklahoma
1/18/2007, 04:25 PM
I vote no in large part on hearing that we promised Nichols that we wouldn't recruit any other QB's. If this is true, then we need to stand by our word.

Irregardless, I will trust Stoops' decision on this.

sitzpinkler
1/18/2007, 04:29 PM
Irregardless isn't a word. :D

soonerspudman
1/18/2007, 04:32 PM
Look, that last thing we need is another drama case at QB or any other position. Any player who says he'd be more likely to go to a school if the coach was fired and then goes there anyway is a loser with a capital L, I don't care how much physical talent he has. Nutt was an absolute idiot to bring this guy on in the first place, he should have smelled head case from a mile away. Let MM go be someone elses headache, stick to the quality guys.

TexasSooner01
1/18/2007, 04:42 PM
Dont need him...too much trouble.

Although, the NCAA might like it if he goes to OU.

SoonersEnFuego
1/18/2007, 04:48 PM
I wasn't that impressed with the guy. But for what it's worth:

Mitch Mustain as a Sooner = Tommy Grady as a Sooner

CrimsonPirate
1/18/2007, 06:35 PM
According to Mike Irwin, Sports Director at KFSM

OU Not In Mustain's Plans

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=109187.0

Also from Hogville:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=109344.0

Octavian
1/18/2007, 07:07 PM
heh...more trouble in Hogville.

this is a half-page ad from today's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6293/picture2yl8aj1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (http://epaper.ardemgaz.com/Daily/skins/Arkansas/)

dark days ahead in Fayetnam...

sooneron
1/18/2007, 07:56 PM
heh...more trouble in Hogville.

this is a half-page ad from today's Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6293/picture2yl8aj1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (http://epaper.ardemgaz.com/Daily/skins/Arkansas/)

dark days ahead in Fayetnam...

I don't buy it, there are FAR too many words in that ad that are NOT mono-syllabic!

Ruuuuuufus
1/18/2007, 08:14 PM
This e-mail from a disgruntled Arkansas fan to MM ended up in his mom's hands and she shared it for all the world to see:

http://i3.tinypic.com/4c0wp49.jpg

some gems:

Too bad I'm not Coach Nutt today. If so, I'd be having Tim Cheney sew lace around your jock straps, but that would be after I let you hang out face to face in a private meeting with the offensive and defensive linemen - I think I'd even throw Butu in for the meeting. Did I mention that I want you to transfer? Helen Keller could read defenses in the SEC better than you.

I would love for you to be able to have a lengthy conversation with Chris Simms, former QB with the Texas Longhorns. He arrived on campus his freshman year in a limo thinking he was the next All Everything, was a smart *** to his coaches, was selfish, pouty, and the prime example of what a "team" player is not. His teammates couldn't stand him, the fans grew to hate him, and he never won a championship.

OU-HSV
1/18/2007, 08:21 PM

We're not writing him off...we're simply using facts to say that we're not impressed w/they guy. So what he was the National Parade H.S. Player of the year. He's now shown what he can (or can't) do in D-1 college football. I mean maybe he'll improve...and yes he got the raw deal at Arkiesaw, but personally I don't think he would help our QB competition any more than it's already going to be w/the 4 or 5 QBs that will be involved in it. I mean if we brought Mitch in, our spring game could end up looking like a John Blake coached game rotating like 6 freaking QBs in and out.
Of course all this would be different if he had all world stats last season, but w/8 Game Starts the guy wasn't impressive. And everyone...let me clear something up which has been mentioned by a few posters on here....Mitch Mustain is absolutely not the reason the Hogs won the 8 games he started in...let's be realistic in admitting the two stud RBs they had (Jones and McFadden) and an improved defense are the real reasons they were succussful. There passing game was GAWD AWFUL. Here's a little Mitch research I did for this past season:

Vs. USC 4 of 6 w/1 int and 47 yds.
Vs. Utah State 9 of 17 w/119 yds and 1 td
Vs. Vandy 13 of 20 w/224 yds 1 int 3 tds
Vs. Bama 7 of 22 w/3 ints 97 yds and 1 td
Vs. Auburn 7 of 10 w/87 yds 1 td
Vs. SE Missouri state 5 of 13 w/1td 51 yds
Vs. Ole Miss 12 of 15 w/157yds 1td
Vs. Louisiana- Monroe 7 of 18 w/2ints 71 yds 2 tds
Vs. South Carolina 0 for 1 w/1int no tds
Vs. Tennessee no plays
Vs. Miss. State no plays
Vs. LSU no plays
Vs. Florida no plays
Vs. 5 of 10 w/1 int 41 yds

Season stats were 69-132 for 894 yds 9 ints 10 tds.
Wow, what a stud! :rolleyes:

OUmillenium
1/18/2007, 09:48 PM

Yep, this is the info I have been hearing.

Jenks football coaches have great things to say about Mustain and the system Springdale ran in HS. A few not so great things also...did Springdale violate practice rules by running team practices in their indoor facility before August? Mmmmm....

IMO, Mustain would be Bomar part 2. I think he would be a better QB technique wise, but sounds like he has the big head/ego that could lead to problems with team chemistry.

Don't need him IMO.

birddog
1/18/2007, 10:05 PM
there's no waaay he's coming here. he'll find a place where the qb situation will be a little less competitive, numbers wise. tulsa makes sense to me, to be honest. he can stay within his comfort zone with his coach and be close to ma.

my 2 cents, he should head to sam houston and have bomar teach him a lesson in humility.

Okieflyer
1/18/2007, 11:07 PM

Just heard that Kragthorp said "thanks, but no thanks". Louisville is no longer a choice for him.

Sooner_Havok
1/18/2007, 11:10 PM
I can't believe our coaches would let a talent like this slip away without a fight! :D

setem
1/18/2007, 11:15 PM
My friend who plays for the Hogs said that the just about the entire team hates his ***!

Please dear lord keep him out of Norman!

Sooner_Havok
1/18/2007, 11:18 PM
My friend who plays for the Hogs said that the just about the entire team hates his ***!

Please dear lord keep him out of Norman!

If Stoops and his staff let this kid go somewhere else then I think we should all start calling for Stoops' job! If we have a chance a getting another talent whom the team can like and respect the same way they did Bomar, then we should jump at the chance. :P

tulsaoilerfan
1/18/2007, 11:58 PM
One of the Tulsa stations is reporting it's either TU, or go JUCO for a year, and then go to OU!! He's got to **** or get off the pot pretty soon if he wants to go to school this spring.

PLaw
1/18/2007, 11:58 PM
What does everyone think?

Isn't this the guy whose momma and daddy scheduled a meeting with Coach Nutt because they didn't like the play calling?? That's no bull - it really happened.

This fella would be more of a prima dona than "the unspeakable name" qb from grand prarie. We all know how prima donas pan out in Bob-land: Rawls, Dampeer, and unspeakable name are a few that come to mind.

Save the plane trip, hotel bill, and dinner tab for a kid with his head screwed on straight.

GO SOONERS

NorthernIowaSooner
1/19/2007, 01:07 AM
Isn't this the guy whose momma and daddy scheduled a meeting with Coach Nutt because they didn't like the play calling?? That's no bull - it really happened.

really, that happened?! no way, i cant believe that hasnt been brought up a thousand times already in this thread.

beyond that most people seem to be forming an opinion of this kid on rumors who they heard from their brother in laws third cousin twice removed. he could be a total dbag or a decent guy. either way he isnt really needed at OU and louisville doesnt want him either apparently in a hope they can hold on to sims.

hes gonna be a good qb i think, but i doubt itll be here. i think he goes to tulsa or juco. it seems like theres not much OU interest but hes apparently still taking his visit or did according to the DO. i wouldnt mind if he came here but theres not much space and i dont want to see the scholly wasted.

ashley
1/19/2007, 08:20 AM
I know the coaches are very skeptical of him and his baggage.

sooner518
1/19/2007, 09:13 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=070119_Sp_B1_Musta7404

Mustain visits TU, his decision unknown

To participate in spring drills at Tulsa, he has to enroll today.
Mitch Mustain spent Thursday afternoon touring the University of Tulsa campus.

What's not known is if the former University of Arkansas starting quarterback will turn his short visit into a 48-month stay with the Golden Hurricane football program.

Mustain departed Tulsa without making a decision to join the program, a source close to the situation said.

His decision to attend TU this spring will have to come quickly. Friday is the final day students can add classes.

Arkansas' director of athletics compliance, Marvin Caston, said Tulsa called Thursday regarding Mustain, who had asked for and received a scholarship release from coach Houston Nutt.

Mustain announced his intention to transfer on Tuesday, the day after Arkansas offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn left to become the assistant head coach and co-offensive coordinator at TU.

Malzahn was Mustain's former coach at Springdale (Ark.) High School.

A scholarship release enables Mustain to be eligible immediately for a scholarship. Caston said TU sought the "blanket permission to speak letter" that they must receive, according to NCAA rules, before talking
to Mustain.

Caston said the schools don't have to call Arkansas. Mustain has been granted the blanket permission to speak letter that he can fax to any school with whom he initiates contact.

Mustain must sit out the 2007 season as a redshirt if he transfers to Tulsa. He'd still have three years eligibility remaining.

One school not interested in Mustain -- the University of Louisville. New coach Steve Kragthorpe issued a statement saying the Cardinals weren't interested in the quarterback.

"Due to widespread media speculation, the University of Louisville is not interested in recruiting Mitch Mustain," said Kragthorpe, Tulsa's former coach.

The highly touted quarterback started eight games -- all victories -- for the 10-4 SEC West champion Razorbacks, but was replaced by Casey Dick after throwing an interception in the first series of a win at South Carolina.

Dick started the remaining five games with Mustain, seldom playing until both evenly split time in the 17-14 Capital One Bowl loss to Wisconsin.

Mustain was the 2005 Parade National High School player of the year at Springdale.

In other TU news, Brent Graham was appointed the director of football operations at TU.

Graham, 28, is the nephew of head coach Todd Graham and spent the past year as the athletics director and head football coach at Tom Bean High School in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.

Eric Bailey 581-8391
[email protected]

The_Red_Patriot
1/19/2007, 12:01 PM
have you heard about this email from someone close to nutt or the program to mustain?

bad stuff

sooner518
1/19/2007, 12:27 PM
have you heard about this email from someone close to nutt or the program to mustain?

bad stuff
link? or more info please thanks

birddog
1/19/2007, 01:10 PM

bad stuff

go on....

The_Red_Patriot
1/19/2007, 01:10 PM
http://legman.wordpress.com/

NorthernIowaSooner
1/19/2007, 01:15 PM
this whole situation is the most immature thing ive ever heard of for grown adults. emailing nasty stuff to an 18 yr old and all the he said she said thats going on in that state. its kinda ridiculous

birddog
1/19/2007, 01:19 PM
that's why i compared arkie to a high school. that's all i can think of. really stupid stuff.

PLaw
1/19/2007, 02:10 PM
really, that happened?! no way, i cant believe that hasnt been brought up a thousand times already in this thread.

Well, it didn't exactly happen that way - the parents, along with other parents from the Springdale 3, met with Frank - as in Arkie AD and not Nutt as noted herein.

Check out today's Oklahoman at newok.com/sports/ou and Barry Trammel in his awesome timeliness details the whole dang event.

My apologies for not getting all the facts straight.

BOOMER SOONER:texan:

soonerhillbilly
1/19/2007, 03:48 PM
Word in the office here from well .. who the heck knows, insiders , whatever. Team meeting for the Hogs at 3pm today to decide on whether or not to take MM back.....

Ash
1/19/2007, 03:49 PM
Word in the office here from well .. who the heck knows, insiders , whatever. Team meeting for the Hogs at 3pm today to decide on whether or not to take MM back.....

Unless you work in the Arkansas SID office, I'm calling shenanigans.

:pop:

The_Red_Patriot
1/19/2007, 04:01 PM

http://www.msu.edu/~mensing1/pics/SuperTroopers_coolchrism1.jpg

sooner518
1/19/2007, 04:06 PM
Gimme a liter-cola!!!
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/rmolledo/farva.jpg

soonerhillbilly
1/19/2007, 04:48 PM

your are quite correct. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Just what they guy next to me said that read it from a hawg msg board who read it from a guy sitting at home in his 50's watching porn & eating cheetos and making up stuff on msg boards. or something like that. :D

sooner518
1/19/2007, 05:22 PM
doesnt he have to make his decision by today if he wants to be able to make spring practice??

soonerhillbilly
1/19/2007, 05:26 PM
I have heard he is in class today. All I have heard so far.
BOOMER SOONER !

sooner518
1/19/2007, 05:34 PM
I have heard he is in class today. All I have heard so far.
BOOMER SOONER !
in class at Arky?

starrca23
1/19/2007, 06:47 PM
He re-enrolled at Arky today. I actually think that was the best thing for him to do.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/19/2007, 10:55 PM

with mustain not being nutt's favorite already (cause he likes dick), i dont know why he'd go back unless he plans to transfer later. he wont play there but since no one wants him hes kinda screwed. im surprised hes not going to tulsa. i think its a dumb move on his part to go back to ark because his teammates and coaches are gonna question whether he wants to be there and his playing time will probly suffer

franklinjake
1/19/2007, 11:05 PM
No.

F-ing.

Way.
Agreed, couldn't have said it better myself!

birddog
1/19/2007, 11:19 PM
Agreed, couldn't have said it better myself!

uh oh, the devil's come back to collect his due!!! ;)

franklinjake
1/19/2007, 11:24 PM
uh oh, the devil's come back to collect his due!!! ;)

Hey I am behaving :rolleyes:
For now... :D

wishbonesooner
1/20/2007, 09:16 AM
I don't want him playing for the Sooners, but I don't like making promises to Nichol either.

Scott D
1/20/2007, 01:00 PM
why did that have to be a promise? why couldn't it have just been a statement he made in reference to a) scholarships and b) the amount of quarterbacks on campus?

Frozen Sooner
1/20/2007, 11:13 PM
Here's the deal on Nichol:

We did not originally plan on taking a QB in this class. When Botard got the boot, we had to take at least one, and possibly two. Ideally, we would have found a JUCO and a HS QB. However, the coaches were pretty adamant that we would not offer a JUCO unless we were sure they were better than Halzle and Bradford-otherwise, it's just a waste of a scholarship and we don't have a ton to spare this year. We ended up shutting down JUCO recruitment as soon as Zach Lee committed to Nebraska solidly-he was the only JUCO OU had on the board they thought could come in and start.

That being said, when Nichol committed it was becoming more obvious that Brantley wasn't coming to OU, so I don't think there's anything outlandish about Bob saying to Nichol that if he committed there wouldn't be any more QBs recruited this year just from a simple numbers perspective.

Since Mustain would not be eligible until the year after next, I don't see any reason why bringing him in would be breaking any kind of promises-if Nichol won the starting job this spring, he'd be the incumbent and have a huge lead over anyone attempting to win the job, just like if we brought in someone next year as well.

Now, all that being said, I don't think it would be a wise move to bring Mustain in. I've heard too many reports that the dude thinks he's smoother than Cheez Whiz and twice as salty. If the coaches want him, though, then I'll be good with it, as they're going to know a hell of a lot more about it than I do.

I don't think he's going to wind up at Tulsa, or he would have gone ahead and enrolled yesterday.