PDA

View Full Version : OU Helmet Decals

tru2ou
1/17/2007, 02:23 PM
I am having my golf cart painted next week and of course I'm using the OU helmet to get the exact color. I'm curious if there is any way to get a couple of OU helmet decals for it (the interlocking OU on the side of the helmet)? Do they sell these? If so, where? If not, why?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

- TRU

fwsooner22
1/17/2007, 02:34 PM
I am having my golf cart painted next week and of course I'm using the OU helmet to get the exact color. I'm curious if there is any way to get a couple of OU helmet decals for it (the interlocking OU on the side of the helmet)? Do they sell these? If so, where? If not, why?

- TRU

The only ones I have seen are the very large magnets which go on the side of the car..........I saw one at the OU bookstore

sooner94
1/17/2007, 02:41 PM
I just checked the official OU on-line store and did not see them.

I'll bet you can get them at the store next to the stadium, or call the athletic department and they could send you some.

That's a cool idea. Can you post a pic of the golf cart when its done? I'd like to see that.

tru2ou
1/17/2007, 03:00 PM
Sure. I should have it back in a few weeks. I'll call the athletic office and see if they can do anything fro me.

Good idea.

- TRU

Partial Qualifier
1/17/2007, 03:37 PM
oh yeah?? well, I'm having my yacht repainted in Sooner Crimson and having a full-size replica of Owen Field installed on deck.

Got any decals for THAT, big guy?

:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)

Snrfn4ever08
1/17/2007, 03:38 PM

- TRU
I would suggest maybe just getting the OU painted into the cart. Easier said than done, I know, but as long as you trust whoever's painting the cart, I'm sure it could be worked out. I don't know where you could get those decals, I don't think I've ever seen them anywhere.

I can't wait to see it when it's done, that's going to be awesome. :D

C&CDean
1/17/2007, 03:44 PM
Real men walk when they play golf.:mack:

Snrfn4ever08
1/17/2007, 03:51 PM
I wish that were true, then I'd have less work to do at the course. :cool:

Jimminy Crimson
1/17/2007, 04:02 PM
OU Authentic used to sell a sheet that had two helmet decals on it and the little 'Oklahoma' that goes on the front of the helmet.

Don't know if they were the 'exact' ones that go on the good guys, but I'd have no reason to believe not.

If you can't find them, call the OU Athletic Dept and get in touch with Greg Tipton. He's the equiptment manager.

Snrfn4ever08
1/17/2007, 04:05 PM
OU Authentic used to sell a sheet that had two helmet decals on it and the little 'Oklahoma' that goes on the front of the helmet.

Don't know if they were the 'exact' ones that go on the good guys, but I'd have no reason to believe not.

If you can't find them, call the OU Athletic Dept and get in touch with Greg Tipton. He's the equiptment manager.
Now there's a man that has connections and knows his stuff. God bless you :D

Bud_Wilkinson
1/17/2007, 04:52 PM
You could go to fathead.com and order two OU helmet fatheads. Then you would have a fathead for your wall. A fathead for the top of your golf cart and each one comes with the interlocking OU (Crimson color) & a "SOONER" that could be used a a bumper sticker.
Before Christmas they were running a buy one get one free deal. Don't know if that is still going on.

SoCal
1/17/2007, 06:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Oklahoma-FB-Football-Helmet-Decals-w-nn-fl-wl-p-BCS_W0QQitemZ130069437192QQihZ003QQcategoryZ21222Q QcmdZViewItem

olevetonahill
1/17/2007, 06:50 PM
My son painted his welding Hood . Cream , then stuck somu interlocking OU stickers on it . then Painted the thing Crimson , peeled off the stickers and said It looks awfull close to an Real OU helmet

SeattleOUstudent
1/17/2007, 07:01 PM
forget about having sex on that!

XingTheRubicon
1/17/2007, 07:15 PM
Any vinyl sign store could do it for you and enlarge the decal if you so desired.

Soonerus
1/17/2007, 10:40 PM

True, but only if they have a caddie...

setem
1/17/2007, 10:46 PM

How can you drink beer if you are walking?

Golf + Beer + Cigars = The greatest game ever played!:cool:

Crucifax Autumn
1/18/2007, 12:07 AM
Any vinyl sign store could do it for you and enlarge the decal if you so desired.

That's what I was gonna suggest. An old job of mine in Texas did similar things for people all the time. The best part is that you can get virtually any size you want instead of having to settle for what some online store has available.

landrun
1/18/2007, 12:29 AM
That's what I was gonna suggest. An old job of mine in Texas did similar things for people all the time. The best part is that you can get virtually any size you want instead of having to settle for what some online store has available.

Well, that is true, but 'technically' they could get in trouble if they're not licensed by the collegiate licensing company to do it. - Many will refuse to do sports logos for that reason.

So just be sure you go to someone who's a little shady! :P ;)

Snrfn4ever08
1/18/2007, 01:05 AM
Well, that is true, but 'technically' they could get in trouble if they're not licensed by the collegiate licensing company to do it. - Many will refuse to do sports logos for that reason.

So just be sure you go to someone who's a little shady! :P ;)
Wow, why does that sound like a bad idea? :D

tru2ou
1/18/2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the help on this topic.

Yes, I trust the guys painting the cart. I work at a technical college and the instructor is doing it for me as part of an instruction for the class.

However, I think its asking too much for me to ask him to do a painted OU on it.

I like the idea of contacting the vinyl shop. I'm going to call OU and see what I can get done first then go the local shop route.

Again, thanks for all the help.

Hey Dean, why walk when you can ride in style on an OU cart. I know I saw you riding in a cart a few times going to OU games. :P

- TRU

SoonersEnFuego
1/18/2007, 05:01 PM
How can you drink beer if you are walking?

Golf + Beer + Cigars = The greatest game ever played!:cool:

I agree. :twinkies:

kingswitz
1/20/2007, 09:35 AM
Tru... The Sooner Schooner in Norman near Lindsey and Berry Rd. has a sheet of white interlocking OU's. The sheet has different sizes from the helmet decal size down to very small ones.

MamaMia
1/20/2007, 12:17 PM
My son had a motorcycle shop artist paint the OU emblem on his golf cart a few years back. They do good work.

stoopified
1/20/2007, 12:33 PM
So just be sure you go to someone who's a little shady! :P ;)[/QUOTE]:)

tru2ou
1/20/2007, 12:41 PM
Tru... The Sooner Schooner in Norman near Lindsey and Berry Rd. has a sheet of white interlocking OU's. The sheet has different sizes from the helmet decal size down to very small ones.

Do they have an online site or does anyone have a phone number for them?

Thanks again for the help.

- TRU

sooner94
1/20/2007, 01:07 PM
Got this off of Yahoo yellow pages. Looks like the right place.

Sooner Schooner
(405) 329-6968
1222 W Lindsey St
Norman, OK

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/20/2007, 02:39 PM
oh yeah?? well, I'm having my yacht repainted in Sooner Crimson and having a full-size replica of Owen Field installed on deck.

Got any decals for THAT, big guy?

:mad: :mad: :mad: ;)
Yes actually. I'll just rip the turf OU logo off midfield and stick it on there. How about that?