PDA

View Full Version : Please Post Here

tulsaoilerfan
1/16/2007, 10:33 PM
If you've fallen on the ice and busted your ***; spek to you if you suffered any kind of injury, no matter how minor. (Yeah i'm bored):P

8timechamps
1/16/2007, 11:50 PM
You weak, ice infested beeotches! Come back when you have at least 3 feet of snow on your lawn.

:D

Seriously, I'll take all the snow we've had already over ice ANY DAY!

Frozen Sooner
1/16/2007, 11:52 PM
Walking on ice is something you have to develop. Keep your center of gravity lower than you normally would, keep your knees bent and legs further apart than normal, and don't pick your feet way up off the ground.

soonerboomer93
1/17/2007, 12:11 AM
and make sure to not drop the soap also

picasso
1/17/2007, 12:11 AM
Walking on ice is something you have to develop. Keep your center of gravity lower than you normally would, keep your knees bent and legs further apart than normal, and don't pick your feet way up off the ground.
that doesn't help if you try to walk down some frozen over steps.:D
I slipped off my old lady's side porch yesterday, all my weight landed on my right elbow. is frickin sore today.
then I slipped today at lunch, minor knee biter but enough to cramp my ab muscles.
I'm a sore old man.:D

soonerboomer93
1/17/2007, 12:13 AM
buy shoes with better traction

:pop:

picasso
1/17/2007, 12:16 AM
that does help but we're talking packed sleet here. it's harder than rock.
the steps on the old lady's porch were rounded over on the top. bad move on my part.

but hey, I didn't bend over for the soap.

King Crimson
1/17/2007, 12:26 AM
You weak, ice infested beeotches! Come back when you have at least 3 feet of snow on your lawn.

:D

Seriously, I'll take all the snow we've had already over ice ANY DAY!

that first storm was 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

8timechamps
1/17/2007, 12:29 AM
that first storm was 4 weeks ago tomorrow.

And my street still sucks. You?

King Crimson
1/17/2007, 12:37 AM
And my street still sucks. You?

about half the parking lot at my place is still piled high with neck high mounds of snow.....which is not even to mention the piles in an adjacent lot that looks like a 1:2 model of DIA from a distance. those are well over head high.

about once or twice a day you can hear someone spinning out stuck at the corner intersection.

soonerboomer93
1/17/2007, 12:39 AM
My car is probably still burried in the snow there in Denver.

My father even broke down and bought a snowblower

BajaOklahoma
1/17/2007, 02:44 AM
that doesn't help if you try to walk down some frozen over steps.:D
I slipped off my old lady's side porch yesterday, all my weight landed on my right elbow. is frickin sore today.
then I slipped today at lunch, minor knee biter but enough to cramp my ab muscles.
I'm a sore old man.:D

At least your painting hand is okay.

The teachers wanted to let the kids go outside and play at recess today. The high was in the mid-twenties. These whorn kids can't take the cold. And I don't want 'em falling on the icy patches. They WILL break something every time.

SoonerTerry
1/17/2007, 02:52 AM
I thought about slippin on the ice and broke my will to get off my ***:D

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 03:15 AM
I got these things called "ice paws" for christmas--rubber thangies with metal claws on them. they stretch over the sole of your shoe to grip the ice. They are AWESOME. I tested them out today when i went out to get the mail.

soonerboomer93
1/17/2007, 03:18 AM
I got these things called "ice paws" for christmas--rubber thangies with metal claws on them. they stretch over the sole of your shoe to grip the ice. They are AWESOME. I tested them out today when i went out to get the mail.

shh, you weren't supposed to tell that

you should have made fun of picasso for being so clumsy, while the sickly lady made it safely to the mailbox and back

;)

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 03:30 AM
well, metal claw things or not, making it to the mailbox and back was quite an accomplishment for me. :D

dolemitesooner
1/17/2007, 03:37 AM
Nope have not done that in this storm but in the past yes...so I will psot Beoncye

Tailwind
1/17/2007, 03:40 AM
I haven't slipped and fallen on the ice so far this year, but there is plenty of opportunity. Ths parking lot here at work is one solid sheet of ice.

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 03:49 AM
i watched my neighbor fall on her butt earlier. hehe.

Tailwind
1/17/2007, 05:13 AM
Funny to watch....not so funny to do. :eek:

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2007, 10:07 AM
When i got back to my work building yesterday, there was a fender bender behind the restaurant that is just east of our storage building; evidently a food truck was making a delivery to the restaurant and managed to slide into the front of some sort of tree trimming vehicle that was parked by the motel next to the restaurant; it looked like a dog stuck to a frozen fire hydrant!!

picasso
1/17/2007, 10:46 AM
I saw those on the tellie.
and Boomer you're right, I deserve all of the laughing. the worst wipeout was last month when I jumped out of the car to open our gate at night and forgot about the ice. I nearly did a flip and jacked my back up.:D :(

picasso
1/17/2007, 10:47 AM
When i got back to my work building yesterday, there was a fender bender behind the restaurant that is just east of our storage building; evidently a food truck was making a delivery to the restaurant and managed to slide into the front of some sort of tree trimming vehicle that was parked by the motel next to the restaurant; it looked like a dog stuck to a frozen fire hydrant!!
hope they got the food delivered.

picasso
1/17/2007, 11:00 AM

SoonerJack
1/17/2007, 11:47 AM
The only thing funnier than watching someone fall on the ice is watching your neighbor lady discover a snake while mowing her yard. Priceless I tell you... priceless.

Viking Kitten
1/17/2007, 11:53 AM
I almost put on Czar's ugly *** Crocs just for the commute to work today. Then I decided, no... I'd rather take my chances on the ice.

Fugue
1/17/2007, 12:15 PM
You don't need no stinking ice.

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 12:20 PM
These things work great:

http://www.yaktrax.com/

Viking Kitten
1/17/2007, 12:25 PM
You don't need no stinking ice.

Ain't that the effin' truth.

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 01:02 PM
These things work great:

http://www.yaktrax.com/awesome--that's like the way-better version of what I have :D

Frozen Sooner
1/17/2007, 01:14 PM
They're pretty cool.

SuperGirl does the ghetto version on her running shoes-she just takes motocross screws and punches 'em through the sole of the shoe. Gives her great traction.

tulsaoilerfan
1/17/2007, 07:27 PM
Yup, the dood was unloading the food truck like nothing happened. lol:pop:

josh09
1/17/2007, 07:42 PM
If you've fallen on the ice and busted your ***; spek to you if you suffered any kind of injury, no matter how minor. (Yeah i'm bored):P

I was snowboarding in New Mexico and broke my arm, but it was snow not ice. So, dunno if that counts....

SoonerInKCMO
1/17/2007, 11:15 PM
These things work great:

http://www.yaktrax.com/

Those are pretty cool.

Back in the day, we used to bust out the broomball shoes - http://www.forestice.com/shoes.html

landrun
1/18/2007, 12:05 AM
I tested my drive way today when I went outside. Didn't slip. Tried and tried but its sorta hard to do when its 60 degrees outside. :D