PDA

View Full Version : I'm indifferent about being left handed

royalfan5
1/16/2007, 10:20 PM
Sure it's an advantage in pretty much all sports but it's kind of a pain in the *** at times.

picasso
1/16/2007, 10:22 PM
dude, you're a fellow lefty? cool.

it's also an advantage in fist fights. be quick.

1stTimeCaller
1/16/2007, 10:24 PM
I knew there was something wrong with you two.

BoogercountySooner
1/16/2007, 10:27 PM
I'm right handed but shoot left handed. I'm left eye dominant!

picasso
1/16/2007, 10:31 PM
I use no eyes.

Mongo
1/16/2007, 10:36 PM
I wish I was ambidextrious(sp), I could not function if I broke my right hand. I would have built up dingleberries 4-6 weeks, or however long the cast would be on.

picasso
1/16/2007, 10:38 PM
I wish I was ambidextrious(sp), I could not function if I broke my right hand. I would have built up dingleberries 4-6 weeks, or however long the cast would be on.
you could do it Mongol. I had to learn to write right handed for a few weeks in junior high. yeah the wiping was tough but me and Howzit got through it.

BoogercountySooner
1/16/2007, 10:40 PM
Try pulling a 70# bow back left handed when your right handed. It was tough but I got it.:)

Mongo
1/16/2007, 10:41 PM
you could do it Mongol. I had to learn to write right handed for a few weeks in junior high. yeah the wiping was tough but me and Howzit got through it.

I heard Howzit has a soft touch, and chin

OUAndy1807
1/16/2007, 10:41 PM
hook-arm here.

I used to hate writing in pencil because my hand would get all leady.

picasso
1/16/2007, 10:43 PM
hook-arm here.

I used to hate writing in pencil because my hand would get all leady.
I don't use the hook, leady for sure.

BajaOklahoma
1/17/2007, 02:36 AM
My third grade teacher tried to make me right-handed. She would walk by and hit me on the back if I was writing left-handed.
I learned to hold the paper like a righty. And to switch hands very quickly.

My family is evenly split with lefties, for three generations.
We line up to eat with lefties on one side of the table and righties on the other.

SoonerTerry
1/17/2007, 02:42 AM
My third grade teacher tried to make me right-handed. She would walk by and hit me on the back if I was writing left-handed.

We line up to eat with lefties on one side of the table and righties on the other.

Wow, whats wrong with a teacher like that? Hit you in the head for writing left handed.
This is why my wife and I are active with my sons schooling. Yes I know he is only 4, and in pre-k, but it makes me feel better about him not being under my eye 24/7.

Melo
1/17/2007, 02:57 AM
Part of learning to be a drum major was learning how to use both hands/arms separately. It still takes a conscious thought on my part, but it's pretty simple, to me.

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 03:08 AM
yeah, but coordination of your left and right side separately (though difficult) is totally different from being able to write/paint/eat/etc. with your non-dominant side.

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 03:09 AM
Wow, whats wrong with a teacher like that? Hit you in the head for writing left handed.
This is why my wife and I are active with my sons schooling. Yes I know he is only 4, and in pre-k, but it makes me feel better about him not being under my eye 24/7.my grandpa went to catholic school when he was a kid--the nuns did the same thing. of course, they were probably hitting him for a lot of other reasons too.

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2007, 03:12 AM
he probably had a bad habit

Melo
1/17/2007, 03:15 AM
yeah, but coordination of your left and right side separately (though difficult) is totally different from being able to write/paint/eat/etc. with your non-dominant side.

Yea youre right. What I had to say was totally irrelevant. Silly me, for even thinking to say anything.

1stTimeCaller
1/17/2007, 03:19 AM
meow.

Ike
1/17/2007, 03:24 AM

this happened to my dad as well.

early in my schooling, I would write with the left hand for the first half of the page, and the right for the second half. my teachers made me pick one (I think they may have made me pick the right, but I don't know for sure), and now I right right handed with horrendous handwriting, and do absolutely everything else lefty.

And I love being lefty. It paid for my bachelors degree.

proud gonzo
1/17/2007, 03:28 AM
Yea youre right. What I had to say was totally irrelevant. Silly me, for even thinking to say anything.I appologize for contributing to the discussion in a relevant, non-catty, non-sarcastic way.

Tailwind
1/17/2007, 05:18 AM
Geeze, you two, get a grip.

Tailwind
1/17/2007, 05:26 AM
I was stuck in the hospital for six weeks back in the 5th grade, and was so bored I taught myself to write, draw, and eat left handed. I can still do it too.

Big Red Ron
1/17/2007, 06:37 AM
dude, you're a fellow lefty? cool.

it's also an advantage in fist fights. be quick.Just watch for that right jab or cross when you throw it. ;) Of course, I'd have you on the ground the moment stuff gets serious. :D

royalfan5
1/17/2007, 08:53 AM
this happened to my dad as well.

early in my schooling, I would write with the left hand for the first half of the page, and the right for the second half. my teachers made me pick one (I think they may have made me pick the right, but I don't know for sure), and now I right right handed with horrendous handwriting, and do absolutely everything else lefty.

And I love being lefty. It paid for my bachelors degree.
Same basic thing happened to me, my first grade teacher, who was my mom, forced me to write right handed because it is easier to teach right handed kids cursive. I also have bad handwriting and do everything else left handed.

Howzit
1/17/2007, 09:09 AM
I heard Howzit has a soft touch, and chin

Don't know about that, but Mrs Mongo says I can scratch those itchy places you can't seem to reach...

picasso
1/17/2007, 10:34 AM
Just watch for that right jab or cross when you throw it. ;) Of course, I'd have you on the ground the moment stuff gets serious. :D
yes but if I miss there's always the spinning right ninja elbow.

BajaOklahoma
1/17/2007, 12:39 PM
I have beautiful handwriting, even cursive.
The truck is to sit across the table from a righty, mirror image thingie-like.

Foir the most part, guys, unless they are Old Clique guys, don't have pretty handwriting. It used to be stressed more.