PDA

View Full Version : Besides talent and great coaching...the best thing about next season...

Boffingham
1/16/2007, 01:12 AM
ZERO BYE WEEKS!!! I love it! Too bad I'll be in England and may only see 1 or 2 games

Snrfn4ever08
1/16/2007, 01:16 AM
Are you serious? I never noticed that. That's awesome, I always hate bye weeks. That could be either a curse or a blessing for the team though. Sometimes, especially when injuries are involved, teams could use an off week to get everything straightened out. From my perspective though, it's a fan's dream. :D

goingoneight
1/16/2007, 01:18 AM
That will likely change. We need a BYE for OUr 41st Conference Title preparation... :D

Snrfn4ever08
1/16/2007, 01:23 AM
That will likely change. We need a BYE for OUr 41st Conference Title preparation... :D
Shoot, with the All-World team we're putting out next year, we don't NEED a bye any week. We're so superior, who needs rest? :D Besides, I think we all just learned from Troy Smith and THE Ohio State University (lol, I laugh just thinking about that game) that layoffs might not be such a good thing.

BoomerSooner247
1/16/2007, 02:45 AM
layoffs are always a bad thing, i mean look at last years bye week before we played ut, we lost; time off before we played BSU, we lost. not blaming layoffs on our losses but it get us out of OUr rhythm and rhyme

SoonerTerry
1/16/2007, 02:45 AM
We will be #1 in the NFC south..

Fraggle145
1/16/2007, 02:57 AM
having no bye weeks is why the buckeyes ended the season with 51 days off... at least I believe this was the case.

yermom
1/16/2007, 03:41 AM
that and no championship game

i think it's likely we play the Pokes on T'giving weekend though

OldGuyinStudentSection
1/16/2007, 04:25 AM
The all knowing, all powerful Weiberg will make sure we play the Pokes on Thanksgiving.

sooner94
1/16/2007, 09:45 PM
With Colorado sucking so much right now, the Neb-Col game is pretty lame, so I think OU/OSU will be moved to Thanksgiving weekend, at least until the Buffs improve.

Then the Big 12 has at least one attractive game that weekend.

emoinwinter
1/16/2007, 11:59 PM
I love our schedule next year. Realisticly we only have 3 true away games (Boulder, Ames, and Lubbock.) The Tulsa game and Dallas game aren't really going to be away games.

So that puts us at 3 home games...
at Tulsa
true away at Boulder
in Dallas
home against Mizzu
true away at Ames
THREE home games
true away in Lubbock

I like our chances. We will end up getting a bye week also between Lubbock and the Big 12 championship game.

goingoneight
1/17/2007, 12:02 AM
With Colorado sucking so much right now, the Neb-Col game is pretty lame, so I think OU/OSU will be moved to Thanksgiving weekend, at least until the Buffs improve.

Then the Big 12 has at least one attractive game that weekend.
UT/aTm draws a huge rating every year... Not that I usually care, but that one takes the cake nine times outta ten. It's weird, it's like after people watch that on Friday, they forget that there are other games on... eeeee-DUHRRR SATURDAY!!!

Snrfn4ever08
1/17/2007, 01:02 AM
Freaking Baylor would be #1 in the NFC south.

kevpks
1/17/2007, 02:22 AM
The all knowing, all powerful Weiberg will make sure we play the Pokes on Thanksgiving.

We may get a bye week when he suspends our whole team before the Baylor game for hitting opposing teams too hard.

snp
1/17/2007, 03:59 AM
layoffs are always a bad thing, i mean look at last years bye week before we played ut, we lost; time off before we played BSU, we lost. not blaming layoffs on our losses but it get us out of OUr rhythm and rhyme

Great sample size you're drawing from there. How about the 2 previous years when OU went 4-0 after byes?

sooner94
1/18/2007, 06:52 PM
UT/aTm draws a huge rating every year... Not that I usually care, but that one takes the cake nine times outta ten. It's weird, it's like after people watch that on Friday, they forget that there are other games on... eeeee-DUHRRR SATURDAY!!!

Wow, my brain really locked up there. Yeah, Texas/A&M is definitely a marquee match-up. Good thing Coach Stoops didn't see that. He would have really let me have it like a Daily Oklahoman reporter!

OK, so I meant to say, the Big 12 wants at least TWO marquee games that weekend.:D

Oldnslo
1/18/2007, 08:35 PM
As long as f'n Weiberg is Oz-powerful, let's bring back OU/Neb for Thanksgiving, and have a REAL Rivalry game. OU can play aggie lite early in the season.

birddog
1/18/2007, 09:34 PM
bronco nagurski never had no friggin bye-weeks.

starrca23
1/18/2007, 10:37 PM
Chuch Norris never even takes a day off much less a week.

goingoneight
1/18/2007, 11:47 PM
As long as f'n Weiberg is Oz-powerful, let's bring back OU/Neb for Thanksgiving, and have a REAL Rivalry game. aggie lite can go join the mountain west or something.

fixed ;)...

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/19/2007, 07:42 AM
Not just the NFC south but the entire NFC as well. And possibly the AFL too.