PDA

View Full Version : I saw a really cool ice driver tonight

Boarder
1/15/2007, 11:18 PM
I stopped by Homeland on Lindsey on the way home. When i was coming back to the truck I hear a loud POP sound. I look across toward Lindsey and see a pickup with people getting out of it. So, I drove by on the way out.

Goober was doing donuts over by where the BBQ trailer sits to the east of McDonalds. He slid too hard into the curb and popped the tire off the rim on the back. He was taking the walk of shame into McDonalds to call for help. It was pretty funny.

In Norman most roads are clear. The outskirts are very ice packed though. The UPS driver was not having fun doing rural deliveries and pickups.

StoopTroup
1/15/2007, 11:23 PM
I shifted my 4X4 "On the Fly" into 4-wheel drive while doing a donut to turn around in a parking lot today.

I got the parking space I was trying to get.

The poor aggie had to crawl across the parking lot to safety.

Even if the differential goes out later....it was so worth it. :D

picasso
1/15/2007, 11:40 PM
I exited 412 today near the lake for my trek on the long county road to my house. near the exit there's a gas station and a redneck grocery, at said grocery there was a car planted into the marquee sign. you know the kind that light up with the arrow design? this car was molded inside of it with it's sides scraped to pieces.

I had to laugh. needed my camera.

Boarder
1/15/2007, 11:50 PM
We all really need to take cameras with us during EVIL APOCALYPTIC ICE STORMS OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2007, 11:59 PM
Frozen road kill really freaks me out.

Frozen Sooner
1/16/2007, 12:00 AM
Frozen road kill really freaks me out.

I'll try to kill less.

yermom
1/16/2007, 12:45 AM
woohoo! (media.putfile.com/sn0wnuts)

i didn't get a chance to get out to LNC this time with a better camera :D

Boarder
1/16/2007, 12:52 AM
You probably have several more days.

OKC-SLC
1/16/2007, 01:18 AM

Looks about like the parking lot does in the middle of a home game, from how it looks on TV.

soonerboomer93
1/16/2007, 01:19 AM
get out there and film again, you still have time

that, and make sure to crash this time

kplsthx

OU4LIFE
1/16/2007, 08:34 AM
I stopped by Homeland on Lindsey on the way home. When i was coming back to the truck I hear a loud POP sound. I look across toward Lindsey and see a pickup with people getting out of it. So, I drove by on the way out.

Goober was doing donuts over by where the BBQ trailer sits to the east of McDonalds. He slid too hard into the curb and popped the tire off the rim on the back. He was taking the walk of shame into McDonalds to call for help. It was pretty funny.

In Norman most roads are clear. The outskirts are very ice packed though. The UPS driver was not having fun doing rural deliveries and pickups.

I did that once a LONG time ago, back when i had the big 4x4 with the 36" tires......THAT was a bitch.

Boomer.....
1/16/2007, 11:17 AM

I used to love going to the LNC to do donuts.

Norm In Norman
1/16/2007, 01:03 PM
The UPS driver was not having fun doing rural deliveries and pickups.
A FedEx guy was turned completely sideways on an entrance ramp onto I-35 yesterday afternoon. The way the ice was piled up on both sides, NOBODY could get around him to get onto the interstate.

TopDawg
1/16/2007, 01:31 PM

Did you give him your card?

LNC would be a great spot. Someone was out in the old Target lot on Sunday night.

DustySooner
1/16/2007, 03:31 PM
We all really need to take cameras with us during EVIL APOCALYPTIC ICE STORMS OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION.

Fear not you'll have your chance this weekend. It's supposed to get ugly again.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2007, 07:21 PM
I so wanted to go do that in our church parking lot. I thought it better not to take the chance. :D

soonerboomer93
1/16/2007, 07:57 PM
you should of gone for it :D