PDA

View Full Version : What to expect from NU on Wednesday

royalfan5
1/15/2007, 10:07 PM
NU is a much different basketball team than last year. Coach Sadler has installed a motion offense that has been very effective so far, and has shifted from a passive man defense to a very aggressive man defense. NU is very thin and has had injury issues all year.

Maric is our best player but has been slowed by injuries and foul trouble at times. However he has been very effective in the low post all season as Sadler has recognized that if you have a skilled big man you should use him. NU has no front court depth to speak of. Marks and Balham will play but as little as possible. NU's other two forwards transfered at semester. Ryan Anderson has been the second best player all year, but has been hurt recently. I haven't seen much about his status lately, but he is a crafty 6'4 guard without much athleticsm but a sure shot. If he is healthy and playing Wednesday he will guard the 4 spot. NU will play 4 guards almost the whole time, and you may see 5 guard looks. NU's collection of guards can shoot, and the motion offense has gotten them good looks all year. Sek Henry has a strange looking jump shot, it's jarring to see. The rest of the guards are capable of going off on a given night.

Sadler will be very animated all night, and NU will play very hard for 40 minuets. However, this is a team that is held together with spit and baling wire, but our shooting ability and Maric can helps beat almost any team on a given night if things are going well.

King Crimson
1/15/2007, 10:21 PM
hell, you beat us twice last year.

OUSKINS
1/16/2007, 08:10 AM
I think OU's best case right now is finishing 6th in the Big 12 and being a NIT shoe-in. Worst case is 11th in the Big 12 and being left out of the post-season altogether. If we want to finish closer to 6th, then we MUST win the next two games at home against NU and Baylor.

I respect Nebraska. Overall, I view them as a slightly better version of us, but seeing the game is in Norman, I consider it a game we "should" win, although being w/o L2 sure makes that trickier. If we can win the next 2, then I could really see us hanging around .500 in conference all year long. If we lose the next two (or even just split) than this season could get very, very ugly.

I'll be very interested to see what we do Wednesday night. We know we can beat up the lesser-lights and we know we can't hang with the big boys. What are we gonna do against someone in the middle?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/16/2007, 11:21 AM
I think OU's best case right now is finishing 6th in the Big 12 and being a NIT shoe-in. Worst case is 11th in the Big 12 and being left out of the post-season altogether. If we want to finish closer to 6th, then we MUST win the next two games at home against NU and Baylor.

I respect Nebraska. Overall, I view them as a slightly better version of us, but seeing the game is in Norman, I consider it a game we "should" win, although being w/o L2 sure makes that trickier. If we can win the next 2, then I could really see us hanging around .500 in conference all year long. If we lose the next two (or even just split) than this season could get very, very ugly.

I'll be very interested to see what we do Wednesday night. We know we can beat up the lesser-lights and we know we can't hang with the big boys. What are we gonna do against someone in the middle?

I think Neb is one of the few teams that we have more talent than at the moment, especially with LL though not so much that the game is all about where it is played. If the game were at Neb I wouldn't like our chances but at home I think we win.

I give the team credit so far for grinding. We don't have the type of team that is likely to win a game that we shouldn't unless of course if we are playing someone coasting on a given night. The team does do a pretty good job to playing up to its potential.

I think the chances of the team making even the NIT are a bit of a longshot if we don't win the next 2.

SleestakSooner
1/16/2007, 04:05 PM
BK pushing for Longar's suspension may have actually been a very shrewd move on his part. It may cause us to lose the NU game, it really had no bearing on the saxet game. But if it hurts OUr recruiting for years to come that just helps him win two more games per year in the future.

Never underestimate the evil that is BK!

AllAboutThe'O'
1/16/2007, 04:20 PM
Doc used to be the head coach here at Univ. of Arkansas-Fort Smith. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and he's a pretty sharp fellow. Royalfan, you should feel fortunate you have him up there, because he's going to do a great job.
His brother, Pedro, is an assistant with the boys' basketball team at Fort Smith Southside H.S., by the way.

william_brasky
1/16/2007, 05:45 PM
their entire team consists of guys who look like this:

http://www.huskerhoopscentral.com/Then&Now/Brian%20Carr.jpg

royalfan5
1/16/2007, 09:12 PM
Doc used to be the head coach here at Univ. of Arkansas-Fort Smith. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times and he's a pretty sharp fellow. Royalfan, you should feel fortunate you have him up there, because he's going to do a great job.
His brother, Pedro, is an assistant with the boys' basketball team at Fort Smith Southside H.S., by the way.
I think Sadler will change the perception of NU basketball. I just don't think it will happen this year. Next year I think NU will be very salty by the end of the year unless all the new recruits flop.