PDA

View Full Version : AD's Destination

Boomhauer
1/15/2007, 09:52 PM
Now that AD has made his announcement....who would you like to see him get drafted by? It looks as if the Texans really need him but I think that our OU connection up in the windy city should be talking with the heads of the organization.

If I ran the Bears I would give a team Thomas Jones, this years 1st round pick plus next years first round pick to get move up to get AD. Gamble? Maybe. But he could be a difference maker. Then pray that Grossman or Griese will step up and give us more consistent QB play.

Snrfn4ever08
1/15/2007, 10:02 PM
Now that AD has made his announcement....who would you like to see him get drafted by? It looks as if the Texans really need him but I think that our OU connection up in the windy city should be talking with the heads of the organization.

If I ran the Bears I would give a team Thomas Jones, this years 1st round pick plus next years first round pick to get move up to get AD. Gamble? Maybe. But he could be a difference maker. Then pray that Grossman or Griese will step up and give us more consistent QB play.
Screw that, they should trade up for Russel, not that I wouldn't like to see A.D. playing for them or anything. I hate to say it, but the Texans do look like they could use him, but they might not get to him fast enough. I could see him going to Cleveland, which is the team I've heard of from a lot of the "experts." Just pray to God he doesn't end up in Oakland.

Scott D
1/15/2007, 10:03 PM
If you were the Bears, you would have to find a way to justify drafting Cedric Benson and paying him a lot of money just to take another running back in the first round two years later.

Oakland likes JaMarcus Russell enough that he may very well be the top pick.

Snrfn4ever08
1/15/2007, 10:05 PM
If you were the Bears, you would have to find a way to justify drafting Cedric Benson and paying him a lot of money just to take another running back in the first round two years later.

I never really got the deal with Cedric Benson. I just never saw him as being as great as everyone tried to make him out to be.

Scott D
1/15/2007, 10:08 PM
Benson's a solid back, I just don't know that he can be the kind of back that Lovie Smith wants in Chicago. Too much of his time in Austin was spent just running and not focusing on blocking or catching passes, hence why Thomas Jones has been rooted as the #1 despite the front office wanting Benson to get more playing time.

tommieharris91
1/15/2007, 10:11 PM
Cedric Benson = poor man's AD. Most people think Cedric the TV thief is the best runner on the Bears, and he is the best runner with the ball, but not much of anything else. Ced fits the power running style their team needs.

I see what you really want from da Bears though, two Adrian Petersons on the same team.

Oakland's offense is built for vertical passing. If Randy Moss likes to put up numbers, he better hope and pray they take JaMarcus first.

sooneron
1/15/2007, 10:12 PM
Please, do NOT let AD go to the Browns!

BudSooner
1/15/2007, 10:14 PM
Or Brady Quinn, unless they go for a trade with someone to pick up a vet qb.
They do need serious help on the defensive line in the worst way though.

badger
1/15/2007, 10:15 PM
(crosses fingers) green bay green bay green bay

OU_Sooners75
1/15/2007, 10:52 PM
I would love to see Pitt get him, but I know that wont happen.

Most like 1 of 3 teams will get him....

Cleveland Browns
Oakland Raiders
Houston Texans

I hope to god Oakland doesn't take him, if so, I would refuse to sign with them and tell them I want traded before the draft was over.

JohnnyMack
1/15/2007, 10:54 PM
Please, do NOT let AD go to the Browns!

Sorry bud. I have predicted it. It will happen.

sooneron
1/15/2007, 10:55 PM
Sorry bud. I have predicted it. It will happen.
Sweet! No way it happens now!

bixby28
1/15/2007, 10:58 PM
Peterson will likely end up on a stinker come up draft day. That's the misery of going early, ... sometimes.

I'm gonna miss him next season.

OU-HSV
1/15/2007, 10:59 PM
What if the Cardinals draft him, I mean they are listed as having the 5th pick...then he'll be splitting time w/Edge and taking handoffs from Matt Lionfart! :eek:

Snrfn4ever08
1/15/2007, 11:46 PM
(crosses fingers) green bay green bay green bay
Now this is an idea I like. Brett Favre comes back for another year and, with the help of A.D., wins the Super Bowl one last time. Sounds like a perfect scenario to me. :D

yermom
1/16/2007, 12:04 AM

Russell could probably play DE too if they wanted him too :eek:

FrostySooner
1/16/2007, 12:18 AM
Right now, AD is listed at #6 on Mel Kiper's list with his stock rising. Of course, the true test will be when the combines begin. I personally think that the #1 QB is still up for grabs. There are some saying that Russell is a first round pick as long as he performs well in combines and/or individual workouts. I don't think that he will be a top 5 pick. I really think his stock will lower and Brady Quinn will be the #1 QB taken. As for AD, he will be hands down the most sought after back in the draft. He will go 1-4. If Russell drops, you could see AD and Russell on the same team. Oakland needs help in ALL phases of their game, as well as Cleveland.

I still say AD goes to Cleveland and then they pick up Troy Smith in the 2nd round...BUT...I really don't care unless he goes to the Raiders. PLEASE, don't make me have to watch the Raiders and actually root for them, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Snrfn4ever08
1/16/2007, 01:14 AM
Right now, AD is listed at #6 on Mel Kiper's list with his stock rising. Of course, the true test will be when the combines begin. I personally think that the #1 QB is still up for grabs. There are some saying that Russell is a first round pick as long as he performs well in combines and/or individual workouts. I don't think that he will be a top 5 pick. I really think his stock will lower and Brady Quinn will be the #1 QB taken. As for AD, he will be hands down the most sought after back in the draft. He will go 1-4. If Russell drops, you could see AD and Russell on the same team. Oakland needs help in ALL phases of their game, as well as Cleveland.

I still say AD goes to Cleveland and then they pick up Troy Smith in the 2nd round...BUT...I really don't care unless he goes to the Raiders. PLEASE, don't make me have to watch the Raiders and actually root for them, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Take no offense, but I have to disagree on Russel not being a top 5 pick. I had my doubts about him at one point, but after that Notre Dame game, with the arm he has, I personally think he goes first overall. People are saying that Oakland is taking a long, hard look at Russell, which is okay with me. As long as they aren't taking long, hard looks at A.D.

Ash
1/16/2007, 03:00 AM
Take no offense, but I have to disagree on Russel not being a top 5 pick. I had my doubts about him at one point, but after that Notre Dame game, with the arm he has, I personally think he goes first overall. People are saying that Oakland is taking a long, hard look at Russell, which is okay with me. As long as they aren't taking long, hard looks at A.D.

I'd agree with you for the most part. I guess it depends on what people like in a QB. Some analysts have touted Quinn's ability to pick up offenses quickly and run the team, a "student of the game" (FWIW).

Russell is a physical beast with a rocket launcher arm but I think the knock on him is that he is inconsistent.

Some people think Quinn has NFL caliber physical skills...maybe. After seeing them on the field in the same game, Russell looks like he has way more upside than Quinn. IMHO, take Russell unless Quinn really blows you away in workouts.

yermom
1/16/2007, 03:27 AM
i didn't see that game, but he looked like a monster against Tennessee, i mean it was like he was just swatting guys away in the backfield

Readyfor8
1/16/2007, 03:40 AM
AD should be the first RB selected but I hear talk of how Lynch might be drafted ahead of him. In my opinion that is just about the best thing that could happen to AD, because it will drop him low enough that he would be top 15 and get on a team with a decent line.

If he winds up on the Browns, Raiders, or Texans he is going to be destroyed in 5 years. On the other hand if he can make it onto a team like the Broncos, Bills, or Panthers, he would be better off. Just my .02.

yermom
1/16/2007, 03:44 AM
kinda my thought too, he'd get less $$$ but dropping a few picks could be good for his career

Rogue
1/16/2007, 06:23 AM
Tampa Bay or Detroit?
Both have been blessed with former Sooner greats in the past and both could use a guy like AD.
Princeton can use a guy like Joel.

I'd hate to see him in Denver. They chew up RBs like they chew up something really chewy. It seems their RBs are never healthy.

AD played a helluva game against BSU. He ran well, but more than that he was blocking his butt off and runnin' doods down on turnovers. Basically being a solid football player and not a prima donna RB like some would be in the same sit'n.

soonerboomer93
1/16/2007, 06:47 AM
Denver doesn't really chew up running backs, it just that Denver doesn't have a need for a big name running back.

I would like to see him end up in Denver though. I think he'd fit in alot better then tatum (who bitches like the aggie he is) and would make a great pairing with Cutler.

Scott D
1/16/2007, 08:10 AM

Quinn doesn't have the arm strength that Al Davis wants. Russell does.

And for the last time the rest of you...unless he is superbly amazing at the Combine....AD is not going first to Oakland over their need at QB.

Easting
1/16/2007, 08:13 AM
AD is going to be a Green Bay Packer. Mark it down.

tbl
1/16/2007, 09:07 AM
Maybe it was the NWA phase I was going through as a teen... maybe it was Bo Jackson... but I really don't have a lot of hate for the Raiders.

tbl
1/16/2007, 09:08 AM
Brady Quinn is a fudge packer. Mark it down.

Fixed

RedstickSooner
1/16/2007, 10:01 AM
Er - isn't Denver's entire point that they can plug pretty much anyone in, and they'll run well?

Why, that being the case, would they draft an RB in the first round? They have 4 first-rounders on their roster: 1 quarterback, 2 LBs, and a tackle.

Suggesting they'd draft AD seems kinda, well, contrary to reality.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2007, 10:06 AM
denver seemed pretty happy when Terrell Davis was the only guy carrying the ball.....seems they went the platoon method when he went down

RedstickSooner
1/16/2007, 10:09 AM
Okay, I take it all back. The Broncos *have* drafted a running back in the first round!

'Course, you have to go back to 1985's Steve Sewell, who was taken with the #26 overall pick... ;)

Edit: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/DEN

Boomhauer
1/16/2007, 10:23 AM
I do hope that AD goes to someone in the AFC with a few exceptions if the Bears don't get him. Do NOT want him to go to the Raiders (thugs), Colts (can't stand Manning), Patriots (cant stand any of them), or the Broncos (running backs with no durability). I do need an AFC team to root for. I could wear a browns or texans jersey with some sort of pride.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2007, 10:26 AM
you people that think the bears even want him are nuts.....

Big Red Ron
1/16/2007, 10:31 AM
Please, do NOT let AD go to the Browns!Sadly, they need a good RB in a baaaad way. Droughns ain't getting it done.

Ash
1/16/2007, 10:33 AM
... I could wear a browns or texans jersey with some sort of pride.
:eek:

bosworthsteroidmafia
1/16/2007, 11:12 AM
What if the Cardinals draft him, I mean they are listed as having the 5th pick...then he'll be splitting time w/Edge and taking handoffs from Matt Lionfart! :eek:

I would love for this to happen, but just don't see it. The cards just signed james to a 4 year, 30 million-dollar deal with an 11.5 million dollar signing bonus. And our o-line is terrible - the cards are almost sure to draft a lineman first. Also, like others have mentioned, I think there is a good chance that AD's stock improves as the draft approaches, and that he's gone by the 5th pick.

SoonerTerry
1/16/2007, 11:15 AM
Cold pizza just predicted AD to go to the Texans as the 8th overall pic in their mock draft

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2007, 11:17 AM
that would be a great place for him imo

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2007, 11:25 AM
What if the Cardinals draft him, I mean they are listed as having the 5th pick...then he'll be splitting time w/Edge and taking handoffs from Matt Lionfart! :eek:Even AD coming here would not make me a Cards fan. As long as Bill Bidwill is the owner of that team, it is a lost cause.

Big Red Ron
1/16/2007, 11:25 AM
Cold pizza just predicted AD to go to the Texans as the 8th overall pic in their mock draftSame crap as Friday from those guys.

bosworthsteroidmafia
1/16/2007, 11:26 AM
I'd like to see him on the Browns more than the Texans... a place that has a little bit of tradition and history rather than a brand new team.

I just checked the Browns roster and saw that Brodney Pool is still there, but Antonio Perkins is gone. Anyone know where Perkins went?

bosworthsteroidmafia
1/16/2007, 11:28 AM
NM, Perkins is on the Browns' practice squad.

sooneron
1/16/2007, 11:28 AM
I do hope that AD goes to someone in the AFC with a few exceptions if the Bears don't get him. Do NOT want him to go to the Raiders (thugs), Colts (can't stand Manning), Patriots (cant stand any of them), or the Broncos (running backs with no durability). I do need an AFC team to root for. I could wear a browns or texans jersey with some sort of pride.
Uh, hello?? Orange!!!?!?:mad:

sooneron
1/16/2007, 11:32 AM
The only thing good about AD going to the Browns is that Greg Pruitt played there.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2007, 11:33 AM
the one team i'd HATE to see him on would be the redskins....any other team would be ok....although the raiders would be a close second to the skins!

Dio
1/16/2007, 11:36 AM
Might be the wrong place to ask, but are the Raiders packing it in Andrew Walter, the QB they drafted 2 years ago from ASU? He didn't look great this year, but with that sieve of an O-line and Napoleon Dynamite's mayor for an OC, nobody would.

Talus
1/16/2007, 12:21 PM
:confused: I hate to say it but the Browns really like AD. According to sports talk (and I live in Cleveland), the organization feels like they missed out on 2 really good RBs in LT and Bush. The talk around here is that AD is the next great RB in the NFL and they feel Droughns is trade-able. So if AD is there at #4 watch out, he could be a Brownie! Kinda sad though Cleveland has NO o-line.

Desert Sapper
1/16/2007, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see him on the Browns more than the Texans... a place that has a little bit of tradition and history rather than a brand new team.

So....the Ravens it is, then.;)

Easting
1/16/2007, 12:42 PM
Green Bay HAS to replace Ahman Green. He's lost the nebbish twinkle in his step--they will trade their mother for a decent back.

mxATVracer10
1/16/2007, 12:58 PM
There was a scout from the browns at the fiesta bowl following AD's every move according to the Tulsa World, so I'd say that they are pretty interested in him...

I would like to see him go to Dallas or K.C..... Not because I necessarily like either team, but because their games are on every Sunday around here

csbst2
1/16/2007, 01:02 PM
Too bad the Steelers won't get him, I would love to see him in this town. A run happy team who's fans love the grind it out game.

footballfanatic
1/16/2007, 01:05 PM
Cedric Benson = poor man's AD. Most people think Cedric the TV thief is the best runner on the Bears, and he is the best runner with the ball, but not much of anything else. Ced fits the power running style their team needs.

I see what you really want from da Bears though, two Adrian Petersons on the same team.

Oakland's offense is built for vertical passing. If Randy Moss likes to put up numbers, he better hope and pray they take JaMarcus first.

Benson is a whole lot less brittle than AD.

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2007, 01:06 PM

so weed does have a medicinal value.......sweet

stonecoldsoonerfan
1/16/2007, 01:48 PM

wasn't that benson that blew his knee out his rookie year? :texan:

bluedogok
1/16/2007, 05:37 PM
Denver had a solid number one with Portis but they thought they needed Champ Bailey more. They should have learned in the past few years that the running back by committee is not working. Tatum Bell is not an answer, he is a good chance of pace back but that is it. I would like to see AD in Denver but he would have to learn to adjust to the zone blocking scheme. I also don't see him dropping that far. I just hope that he doesn't go to Detroit, that is where OU back go to end their career prematurely due to injury.

Scott D
1/16/2007, 06:13 PM
Might be the wrong place to ask, but are the Raiders packing it in Andrew Walter, the QB they drafted 2 years ago from ASU? He didn't look great this year, but with that sieve of an O-line and Napoleon Dynamite's mayor for an OC, nobody would.

Honestly I think it depends on who they hire as the next head coach. If they go with a guy who sees Al's outdated version of an offense then Russell will be a lock. Big, mobile, cannon of an arm for deep passes. I doubt you see the Raiders take another OLineman w/ a first round pick for awhile. It's like we got robbed taking Gallery, but were rewarded with Jake Grove in the second round.

FrostySooner
1/17/2007, 04:58 PM
So, who do you think goes in the top 10? Here are my predictions:

1. Oakland -- Brady Quinn
2. Detroit -- Joe Thomas
3. Cleveland -- Adrian Peterson
4. Tampa Bay -- Jamaal Anderson
5. Arizona -- Calvin Johnson
6. Washington -- Jamarcus Russell
7. Minnesota -- Gaines Adams
8. Houston -- Marshawn Lynch
9. Miami -- Alan Branch
10. Atlanta -- Dwayne Jarrett

Rook65
1/17/2007, 05:00 PM
I hope the Saints trade for him and run the wishbone, with Duece at fullback and Bush at the other halfback.

Scott D
1/17/2007, 05:00 PM
Why would Washington draft Russell when they've hitched their wagon to Jason Campbell..whom they drafted 2 years ago?

FrostySooner
1/17/2007, 05:23 PM
I don't think that Washington hitches to anyone. IMO, Campbell is not the future for Washington. If Russell slides that far, they will not pass on him.

Of course, I still think there will be a trade. Someone will trade up into Detroit's slot because I don't think they will draft a OL that high. If that happens, then Russell or AD will go 2nd.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2007, 05:25 PM
campbell looked pretty good the last few games of the season......i dont think their immediate needs are at QB

at least i dont think you replace one unproven draft choice with another

Scott D
1/17/2007, 08:27 PM
I don't think that Washington hitches to anyone. IMO, Campbell is not the future for Washington. If Russell slides that far, they will not pass on him.

Of course, I still think there will be a trade. Someone will trade up into Detroit's slot because I don't think they will draft a OL that high. If that happens, then Russell or AD will go 2nd.

Well if you want to be particular about things, Quinn will be available when the second pick comes. The Raiders will likely draft Russell, with Detroit's recent draft record, if they do not draft a defensive player they'll take Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett. Washington's need is someone to compliment Laverneus Coles , so they'd take the one of Johnson/Jarrett that doesn't go in the top 5.

Also, let me ask you. If you were Arizona, why would you draft Calvin Johnson/Dwayne Jarrett with a top 10 pick to be a #3 receiver behind Fitzgerald and Boldin?

josh09
1/17/2007, 08:28 PM

Houston.

boomersoonerdude
1/17/2007, 10:38 PM
Chicago Bears

Texas Golfer
1/18/2007, 12:59 AM
Jan. 17, 2007, 12:06AM

PETERSON COULD BE TEXANS' DREAM PICK

By JOHN McCLAIN

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

It is never too early to discuss the draft or make predictions, so let's find out what you want the Texans to do with the eighth pick in the first round.

For instance, no matter how badly you might want LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell so he could play against You Know Who two times every season, it isn't going to happen. There's no way he'll be available at eight.

Remember, we're early in the evaluation process, so all of us have the right to change our mind.

Now, here's my dream pick: Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson.

A big-time back can help the offense control the clock and keep his defense on the bench and fresh. He can wear down the opposing defense. He can help the play-action game because the opposing defense has to respect the run every time the quarterback looks as if he's going to hand the ball to the back.

Before, during and after the college season, three scouts I've known and trusted for up to three decades have raved about Peterson. They're not too concerned about his injuries. They point out that he missed only one game as a freshman and sophomore because of an injury and seven last season with a broken collarbone.

Each scout has told me that if Peterson continues to impress them through the evaluation process the way he has so far, he'll be graded high enough to rank with outstanding prospects like Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Ricky Williams and LaDainian Tomlinson — each of whom grew up in Texas or played at a Texas school.

Oklahoma listed Peterson, a Palestine native, at 6-2, 218, which means he'll probably be measured shorter at the Indianapolis combine.

The scouts say Peterson is a hard worker and a physical runner who is both gifted and sculpted. Most important, though, is that the scouts love how hard Peterson plays. They say he has everything a team could want in a franchise back: size, speed, toughness and what they call "want-to."

Peterson's broken collarbone might have been a blessing. He didn't absorb a beating running against eight-man fronts every Saturday.

When he worked hard to recover so he could play in a bowl, a lot of people thought Peterson was crazy because he would risk another injury that would jeopardize his draft status if he came out after his junior year, as just about everyone predicted.

But Peterson was determined to join his teammates and coaches in the Fiesta Bowl. The scouts were impressed even more with his determination and unselfishness. Peterson scored two touchdowns, the second one on a 25-yard run that gave the Sooners a 42-35 lead in overtime, in what turned out to be perhaps the most exciting bowl in history — Boise State's 43-42 victory.

Risking an injury to play with his teammates told a lot about Peterson's attitude and character.

In other years, Peterson wouldn't be available at the eighth spot, but the Texans might have a shot at him because of the seven teams that pick ahead of them.

Oakland is expected to take a quarterback, Russell or Brady Quinn. If Detroit passes up the other quarterback and takes say, Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas, Cleveland would love to have Quinn. If Quinn goes to Detroit, the Browns would face a decision of taking Thomas or Peterson. Our spies in Cleveland say the Browns love Peterson, too.

Tampa Bay (Cadillac Williams), Arizona (Edgerrin James), Washington (Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts) and Minnesota (Chester Taylor) have 1,000-yard backs who make a lot of money.

Peterson is probably too good to be available at eight, but it doesn't hurt to hope, does it? Unless, of course, you were hoping for You Know Who at this time last year.

Texas Golfer
1/18/2007, 01:02 AM

Having two Adrian Petersons on the roster would just be wrong.

FrostySooner
1/18/2007, 03:38 AM
Well if you want to be particular about things, Quinn will be available when the second pick comes. The Raiders will likely draft Russell, with Detroit's recent draft record, if they do not draft a defensive player they'll take Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett. Washington's need is someone to compliment Laverneus Coles , so they'd take the one of Johnson/Jarrett that doesn't go in the top 5.

Also, let me ask you. If you were Arizona, why would you draft Calvin Johnson/Dwayne Jarrett with a top 10 pick to be a #3 receiver behind Fitzgerald and Boldin?

To be honest, I forgot about Boldin being at Arizona. My point about the second pick was that if Houston and Detroit make a deal, AD would go #2. I think Detroit picks either Thomas or the QB left after the first pick. If they are smart, they will focus more on their OL unit in this draft, but I could see them going with Quinn or Russell. If they pick up another WR, then they will make a mistake. Of course, I agree that they usually make some pretty lousy decisions on draft day. If the trade does not happen, I think that AD will end up a Brown on draft day. In your opinion, how will the top 10 go?

Scott D
1/18/2007, 04:53 PM
To be honest, I forgot about Boldin being at Arizona. My point about the second pick was that if Houston and Detroit make a deal, AD would go #2. I think Detroit picks either Thomas or the QB left after the first pick. If they are smart, they will focus more on their OL unit in this draft, but I could see them going with Quinn or Russell. If they pick up another WR, then they will make a mistake. Of course, I agree that they usually make some pretty lousy decisions on draft day. If the trade does not happen, I think that AD will end up a Brown on draft day. In your opinion, how will the top 10 go?

Well roughly speaking I'd view it more along these lines.

1. Oakland - Jamarcus Russell
2. Detroit - Joe Thomas/Brady Quinn/Gaines Adams
3. Cleveland -- Gaines Adams or Alan Branch
4. Tampa Bay -- Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona -- Alan Branch or Gaines Adams
6. Washington -- Leon Hall
7. Minnesota -- Brady Quinn or Ted Ginn
8. Houston -- Adrian Peterson
9. Miami -- Troy Smith or Brady Quinn
10. Atlanta -- Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn

The biggest wildcard is still the Lions. They're committed to Kitna and McCown for now, so they can afford to wait for Brohm next year. Logic says they need to shore up their OL, but a defensive player isn't such a stretch since their head coach cut his teeth with the defensive line.

I think Cleveland goes defense, although Adrian isn't out of the picture there. Tampa gets Johnson because I don't think they feel Galloway is going to last all that much longer. Arizona shores up it's weak link..the defense, Washington still looking to replace Champ Bailey.

Basically Minnesota has to decide if they need someone to replace Brad Johnson in the future first, or another weapon on the field now.

Houston takes AD as long as he's not off the board at #3, otherwise they're probably looking at Ginn/Jarrett/Bowe/Smith in that order as a complimentary wideout to Andre Johnson.

Miami should hedge their bets and take whichever QB is left out of the Quinn and Smith bit, and Atlanta either takes one of the two wideouts I listed or actually goes defense and takes LaRon Landry at safety.

SoonersEnFuego
1/18/2007, 05:04 PM
I'm a Raiders fan. I would love to see him in Silver and Black. BUT.....
Al is going to trade this #1 pick and take some chump from another team and draft a lineman and screw this whole thing up.

AD will most likely be a Texan. God that's ghey.

TexasSooner01
1/18/2007, 05:56 PM
Having two Adrian Petersons on the roster would just be wrong.

Yeah. That would be considered HOGGING. They need to share the Adrian Petersons! :D

Although, I would like to see him as a Texan...I do not want to think of what damage could be done to AD if Carr stays as QB. :(

FrostySooner
1/18/2007, 07:57 PM
Yeah. That would be considered HOGGING. They need to share the Adrian Petersons! :D

Although, I would like to see him as a Texan...I do not want to think of what damage could be done to AD if Carr stays as QB. :(

AD will go in the top 10 and unfortunately most of the teams in the top 10 have terrible OL's. He will probably have a pretty rough first couple of years. If the team that decides to draft him also decides to build their OL around him, then he will be a star at the next level as long as he stays healthy.

josh09
1/18/2007, 08:17 PM
Jan. 17, 2007, 12:06AM

PETERSON COULD BE TEXANS' DREAM PICK

By JOHN McCLAIN

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

It is never too early to discuss the draft or make predictions, so let's find out what you want the Texans to do with the eighth pick in the first round.

For instance, no matter how badly you might want LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell so he could play against You Know Who two times every season, it isn't going to happen. There's no way he'll be available at eight.

Remember, we're early in the evaluation process, so all of us have the right to change our mind.

Now, here's my dream pick: Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson.

A big-time back can help the offense control the clock and keep his defense on the bench and fresh. He can wear down the opposing defense. He can help the play-action game because the opposing defense has to respect the run every time the quarterback looks as if he's going to hand the ball to the back.

Before, during and after the college season, three scouts I've known and trusted for up to three decades have raved about Peterson. They're not too concerned about his injuries. They point out that he missed only one game as a freshman and sophomore because of an injury and seven last season with a broken collarbone.

Each scout has told me that if Peterson continues to impress them through the evaluation process the way he has so far, he'll be graded high enough to rank with outstanding prospects like Earl Campbell, Eric Dickerson, Billy Sims, Ricky Williams and LaDainian Tomlinson — each of whom grew up in Texas or played at a Texas school.

Oklahoma listed Peterson, a Palestine native, at 6-2, 218, which means he'll probably be measured shorter at the Indianapolis combine.

The scouts say Peterson is a hard worker and a physical runner who is both gifted and sculpted. Most important, though, is that the scouts love how hard Peterson plays. They say he has everything a team could want in a franchise back: size, speed, toughness and what they call "want-to."

Peterson's broken collarbone might have been a blessing. He didn't absorb a beating running against eight-man fronts every Saturday.

When he worked hard to recover so he could play in a bowl, a lot of people thought Peterson was crazy because he would risk another injury that would jeopardize his draft status if he came out after his junior year, as just about everyone predicted.

But Peterson was determined to join his teammates and coaches in the Fiesta Bowl. The scouts were impressed even more with his determination and unselfishness. Peterson scored two touchdowns, the second one on a 25-yard run that gave the Sooners a 42-35 lead in overtime, in what turned out to be perhaps the most exciting bowl in history — Boise State's 43-42 victory.

Risking an injury to play with his teammates told a lot about Peterson's attitude and character.

In other years, Peterson wouldn't be available at the eighth spot, but the Texans might have a shot at him because of the seven teams that pick ahead of them.

Oakland is expected to take a quarterback, Russell or Brady Quinn. If Detroit passes up the other quarterback and takes say, Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas, Cleveland would love to have Quinn. If Quinn goes to Detroit, the Browns would face a decision of taking Thomas or Peterson. Our spies in Cleveland say the Browns love Peterson, too.

Tampa Bay (Cadillac Williams), Arizona (Edgerrin James), Washington (Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts) and Minnesota (Chester Taylor) have 1,000-yard backs who make a lot of money.

Peterson is probably too good to be available at eight, but it doesn't hurt to hope, does it? Unless, of course, you were hoping for You Know Who at this time last year.

Who is this "You Know Who" he keeps referring to?

And on the part where he named all the backs who played at a texas school, i certainly hope he meant high school.

spatton713
1/18/2007, 09:46 PM
1. Oakland -- Jamarcus Russell
2. Detroit -- Brady Quinn
3. Cleveland -- Joe Thomas
4. Tampa Bay -- Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona -- Reggie Nelson
6. Washington -- Dwayne Jarrett
7. Minnesota -- LaRon Landry
8. Houston -- Adrian Peterson
9. Miami -- Leon Hall
10. Atlanta -- Ted Ginn Jr

Big Red Ron
1/18/2007, 10:23 PM
I have a feeling that Quinn may have a Leinhart type draft night. I'm still not sold and he's only been on every saturday for two years.

Sonner magic923
1/19/2007, 12:33 AM
Who is this "You Know Who" he keeps referring to?

And on the part where he named all the backs who played at a texas school, i certainly hope he meant high school.

I am assuming the first You know who is referring to VY and the second one must be Reggie Bush.

Scott D
1/19/2007, 02:51 PM
I have a feeling that Quinn may have a Leinhart type draft night. I'm still not sold and he's only been on every saturday for two years.

that's pretty much my perspective also, problem is that Matt Millen's diseased grey matter that we're forced to call a brain seems to have no rhyme or reason when it comes to making a first round pick.

Logic says they look anywhere but QB with the money they've got tied up in QB's now. But then again, logic dictated they draft anyone but Mike Williams 2 years ago, and we know what they did with that awesome #10 pick that year.

OUstud
1/19/2007, 04:44 PM
If he falls past 5, I don't see Washington passing on AD. They need something there, sometimes I forget they're in the NFL.

Scott D
1/19/2007, 09:06 PM
If he falls past 5, I don't see Washington passing on AD. They need something there, sometimes I forget they're in the NFL.

Clinton Portis...and they signed Ledell Betts to a relatively big contract during this past season.

OULOVE
1/19/2007, 09:18 PM
Clinton Portis...and they signed Ledell Betts to a relatively big contract during this past season.

The Redskins need help on the D-line. Its going to be Gaines if he is available.

Scott D
1/19/2007, 09:20 PM
The Redskins need help on the D-line. Its going to be Gaines if he is available.

Either him or Branch if they're left..otherwise they're looking at corner help.

stoopified
1/21/2007, 07:28 PM
Dear God just don't let him go to the TITANS.

tommieharris91
1/21/2007, 08:06 PM
Dear God just don't let him go to the TITANS.

Hahahahahaha. AD would be dragging his right hand around with all of the rings he'd have on them.

Even more ironic when you consider their best young WR is Brandon Jones.