PDA

View Full Version : Five Reasons to pull for the Bears . . .

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 05:57 PM
1. Tommie Harris
2. Mark Bradley
3. JD Runnels
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. Derrick Strait

. . . and one good reason to pull for the Saints:

1. Jammal Brown

I couldn't think of any of our boys on the Colts or Pats. Am I missing anyone?

Collier11
1/15/2007, 06:03 PM
I thought Dstrait was with the Panthers??

Collier11
1/15/2007, 06:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493078

OUWxGuesser
1/15/2007, 06:08 PM
Harris, Dusty, Bradley - injured. Bah :( If we lose next week, I'm blaming it on the loss of Harris. As soon as Harris was injured, our D weakened significantly. Kinda puts it into perspective what an impact he has. Of course part of it was Brown going out too, but our Dline is definitely not as productive.

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 06:14 PM

I believe the Panthers released him and he was picked up by the Bears. Or perhaps is was vice-versa? The Bears show him as a third string left cornerback (http://www.chicagobears.com/team/player.asp?player_id=99).

Rhino
1/15/2007, 06:16 PM
Bears, then Panthers. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86026)

Rhino
1/15/2007, 06:17 PM
Oh, and:

http://www.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NFOFEJJCBHCK/group_49ers_1.jpg

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 06:24 PM
Bears, then Panthers. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86026)

OK. So now I hate the Jets with a deep white hot hatred. And I'm temporarily ****ed at the Bears, except for those four studs.

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 06:25 PM
Oh, and:

http://www.chicagobears.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/NFOFEJJCBHCK/group_49ers_1.jpg

Is Dusty seeing the field at all? I was watching the game this week and didn't see him out there.

BASSooner
1/15/2007, 06:26 PM
1. Tommie Harris
2. Mark Bradley
3. JD Runnels
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. Derrick Strait

1. Jammal Brown

Rocky is with the colts

tommieharris91
1/15/2007, 06:28 PM
For the Bears, No Tommie = No defense. they're defense became easy to beat when they lost him.

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 06:30 PM
Rocky is with the colts

Sweet. Does he see the field much?

Collier11
Is Dusty seeing the field at all? I was watching the game this week and didn't see him out there.

He got hurt in preseason and has been out for the entire year

Ash

I believe he's been out with a foot injury.

Collier11
1/15/2007, 06:31 PM
ROcky Calmus is not playing right now for any team to my knowledge...?

blackbeauty02
1/15/2007, 06:50 PM
Oh, and:

That picture is awesome. You forgot the number one reason to pull for "Da Bears"...Mike Ditka.

Who would win in a fight? Mike Ditka or a grizzley bear? Mike Ditka. Okay, okay. Mike Ditka or a hurricane? Mike Ditka. What if the hurricane was named Mike Ditka? Ooooh. That's a hard one.

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 06:51 PM
ROcky Calmus is not playing right now for any team to my knowledge...?

I think you're right. I looked and couldn't find him anywhere. I think he MAY be on the Colts' practice squad.

OUmillenium
1/15/2007, 07:02 PM
Last I heard he was unsigned free agent looking to get picked up. Still struggling with hamstring issues.

Rhino
1/15/2007, 07:03 PM
Rocky spent all last season on the Colts IR.

Hasn't been in pro football since. The Cowboys gave him a workout a few months back, but nothing came of it.

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 07:25 PM
Rocky spent all last season on the Colts IR.

Hasn't been in pro football since. The Cowboys gave him a workout a few months back, but nothing came of it.

bummer.

Scott D
1/15/2007, 07:28 PM
concerns over Rocky's back have probably ended his career.

Pepper
1/15/2007, 10:00 PM
So what about Cedric Benson and Nathan Vasher? Do they subtract from your support for the Bears?

Eielson
1/15/2007, 10:52 PM
1. Tommie Harris
2. Mark Bradley
3. JD Runnels
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. Derrick Strait

1. Jammal Brown

Bradly, Dusty, and Harris are hurt. They don't let Strait play enough. So that is a FB and a mistreated CB vs. an OT. I pick Brown!

sooneron
1/15/2007, 10:58 PM
Bradly, Dusty, and Harris are hurt. They don't let Strait play enough. So that is a FB and a mistreated CB vs. an OT blocking for a cheater from suc. I pick Brown!
Fixed!:texan:

OU_Sooners75
1/15/2007, 11:14 PM
What is the deal with the OU players when they do get to the NFL???

It seems they all get hurt.

Billy Sims
Brian Bosworth
J.T. Thatcher
Poteat
Poole
Bradley
Harris
Dusty
Calmus
Lehman

picasso
1/15/2007, 11:19 PM
not all of OU's alumni have had career ending injuries. people do tend to get hurt playing football.

Also don't forget about Lovie Smith and his Tulsa connection.

Rhino
1/16/2007, 12:07 AM
Injuries happen all over the NFL. You notice the OU ones because the OU guys are the only ones you pay attention to.

Thatcher
Poteat What are you talking about?

yermom
1/16/2007, 12:29 AM
don't forget Trent Smith :(

soonerhubs
1/16/2007, 01:16 AM
Fixed!:texan:
Nice fix. I still don't understand why people can root for such a dishonest sack. Reggie Bush is a spineless dishonest cheater. SUC even gave some credence to the Yahoo report by asking the cheater not to come to the Rose Bowl.

Ash
1/16/2007, 03:07 AM
Nice fix. I still don't understand why people can root for such a dishonest sack. Reggie Bush is a spineless dishonest cheater. SUC even gave some credence to the Yahoo report by asking the cheater not to come to the Rose Bowl.

LT>>>Reggie Shrub as an all purpose NFL back.

Harry Beanbag
1/16/2007, 06:43 AM
So what about Cedric Benson and Nathan Vasher? Do they subtract from your support for the Bears?

Yes.

SouthCarolinaSooner
1/16/2007, 07:59 AM
He got cut like a month ago.

Salt City Sooner
1/16/2007, 09:21 AM
1. Tommie Harris
2. Mark Bradley
3. JD Runnels
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. Derrick Strait

1. Jammal Brown

Reason #2:

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/coachbio.cfm?coachid=32

Call me sentimental, but after the mess he went through here, I'm pulling for the guy to get a ring. If they HAVE to lose though, at least a team full of OU guys will have made it there.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/16/2007, 09:41 AM
1. Tommie Harris
2. Mark Bradley
3. JD Runnels
4. Dusty Dvoracek
5. Derrick Strait

1. Jammal Brown

The only one of those that will definitely see the field Sunday is JB. He'll be steamrolling a Tank in front of Duece. I haven't heard what Bradley's status is after his injury Sunday.

OSUAggie
1/16/2007, 09:47 AM
How many Sooners are in the NFL (excluding practice squads)?

LSUdeek
1/16/2007, 10:05 AM
The only one of those that will definitely see the field Sunday is JB. He'll be steamrolling a Tank in front of Duece. I haven't heard what Bradley's status is after his injury Sunday.

JB is the freaking man.

Big Red Ron
1/16/2007, 10:41 AM
JB is the freaking man.But he blocks for R. Bush. I'm rooting for da bears.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/16/2007, 10:51 AM
JB is the freaking man.

JB had two holding penalties Saturday but apparently he was playing with the flu. I saw a quote where he was on IVs. I expect he'll be back to full speed against da bears.

Rhino
1/16/2007, 11:09 AM
He got cut like a month ago. Good Lord people.

It went:
Jets to Cleveland (botched trade)
Cleveland to Jets (botched trade)
Cleveland (waiver pickup)
Tampa Bay (waiver pickup)
Chicago (waiver pickup)
Carolina (waiver pickup) - ended the season on the roster.

Dio
1/16/2007, 11:25 AM
I like Da Bears, but I gotta pull for the Saints on this one. And I want whoever wins to destroy Tom Brady in the Superbowl.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2007, 11:35 AM
So what about Cedric Benson and Nathan Vasher? Do they subtract from your support for the Bears?They are certainly not pluses, but the preponderance of Sooners more than make up for the two employment errors the Bearsss have made.
GO DA BEARSSS!

Rhino
1/16/2007, 11:46 AM
How many Sooners are in the NFL (excluding practice squads)? 27 (three on IR, one on PUP). At least three others on practice squads.

Three were pre-Stoops (Gregg, Ivy, Alexander).

Baltimore Ravens: Kelly Gregg, Mark Clayton, Dan Cody(IR), Corey Ivy, Chris Chester

Chicago Bears: Tommie Harris(IR), Mark Bradley, Dusty Dvoracek(IR), JD Runnels

Cleveland Browns: Brodney Pool, Antonio Perkins(PS), Travis Wilson

Carolina Panthers: Derrick Strait, Wes Sims(PS)
Jacksonville Jaguars: Clint Ingram, Stockar McDougle
Kansas City Chiefs: William Bartee(PUP), Jimmy Wilkerson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Davin Joseph, Donte Nicholson
Tennessee Titans: Andre Woolfolk, Brandon Jones

Buffalo Bills: Eric Bassey (PS)
Dallas Cowboys: Roy Williams
Denver Broncos: Stephen Alexander
Detroit Lions: Teddy Lehman
Minnesota Vikings: Michael Hawkins
New Orleans Saints: Jammal Brown
San Francisco 49ers: Brandon Moore
Seattle Seahawks: Lynn McGruder

jk the sooner fan
1/16/2007, 11:49 AM
Dan Cody is also on IR, although i'm not sure why...he didnt see much playing time this year

The_Red_Patriot
1/16/2007, 11:55 AM
sux that there is a possibility that those 5 will have to play my patriots in the super bowl.

what to do, what to do.

I was raised a oklahoma/new england fan but Im a die hard college/oklahoma fan.

might have to root for the boys against my pats on this.

maybe

OSUAggie
1/16/2007, 11:58 AM
So, based on those #'s, shouldn't the Ravens be "OU North" instead of the Bears? I guess a couple of the Ravens players are pre-Stoops world dominance, so they don't get as much credit.

Rhino
1/16/2007, 12:10 PM
Both Baltimore and Chicago have been coined as "OU North" many times around here.

If Cleveland takes AD, they will be too.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2007, 12:23 PM
So, based on those #'s, shouldn't the Ravens be "OU North" instead of the Bears? I guess a couple of the Ravens players are pre-Stoops world dominance, so they don't get as much credit.Sorry, fella, maybe you didn't notice, the Ravens ARE GONE!

Seamus
1/16/2007, 01:15 PM
Gibbs was a linebacker at Oklahoma from 1972 to 1974, a span that saw the Sooners post a 29-4-1 overall mark and finish No. 1 in the nation in 1974 -- with Gibbs recording 114 tackles as a starter. The Sooners ranked second in the nation in 1972 and finished third the following year. Before joining the coaching staff at Oklahoma, Gibbs went to training camp with the New England Patriots as a free agent in 1975.

Hmmm -- the Saints' site counts our 1972 record WITH the conference games we forfeited. But they point out we were No. 2. Kinda odd.