PDA

View Full Version : Thanks AD! and now, the future....

The_Red_Patriot
1/15/2007, 02:51 PM
Demarco Murray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnC4o3SRkQ

Mossis Madu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47NXsITDxg

Allen Patrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I221rUccEEI

Chris Brown---cant find any video

OKC-SLC
1/15/2007, 02:56 PM
we're lucky to have any of them. now let's move toward making their careers special.

Boomer.....
1/15/2007, 03:01 PM
AP will be the starter and the other 3 should all get carries as well. We will be stacked with backs for a long time.

magic33216
1/15/2007, 03:04 PM
Demarco runs east and west too much, but just seeing his jukes and some of the tackles he breaks excites me. Obviously we know Patrick can play, and has the talent to rack up yards. I am really excited to see our other RB's Chris Brown, and Madu. Wow just listing those makes me really excited at how stacked we are, who do you think we will have backing Patrick?

BoomerSooner247
1/15/2007, 03:05 PM
Allen Patrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I221rUccEEImy favorite play AP has ever done... "Is that Reggie Bush out there?" :D

Boomer.....
1/15/2007, 03:16 PM
who do you think we will have backing Patrick?

Obviously Chris Brown has the most experience which might give him a slight edge, but it will depend on who shows the most during the spring practices.

Sco
1/15/2007, 03:36 PM
Mossis Madu is going to be incredible. That video reminds me of AD's high school video.

soonersam
1/15/2007, 03:40 PM
Patrick might be the best OU back ever when its all said and done

Big Red Ron
1/15/2007, 03:48 PM
Patrick might be the best OU back ever when its all said and doneHe'll be playing for the money next year. I predict a MONSTER season.

Jello Biafra
1/15/2007, 03:50 PM
Mossis Madu is going to be incredible. That video reminds me of AD's high school video.

don't get too excited. a good majority of those runs were against Yukon high........um to say the least, we aren't very good at this point in time.

Sco
1/15/2007, 03:53 PM
don't get too excited. a good majority of those runs were against Yukon high........um to say the least, we aren't very good at this point in time.

Yeah, you always have to take those videos with a grain of salt... it's just how Madu holds himself... he has a very similar style to Adrian.

OU-HSV
1/15/2007, 04:02 PM
Congrats to AD, I hope he has a healthy and very successful future in the NFL. I can't wait to see where he ends up and I also can't wait to see what AP and company can do w/the workload in Norman ahead.

King Crimson
1/15/2007, 04:05 PM

that would be cool if you are right, but i would need to see it to buy it.

Joe Washington, Steve Owens, Billy Sims, etc.....

Snrfn4ever08
1/15/2007, 04:07 PM
I wish the best for A.D. and he was fun to watch, but I think we'll be just fine without him. I can't wait to see Madu and Murray run. We already know that Patrick and Brown are monsters. Hopefully Gute will continue to come back from that bad knee to be as good as he was before he got injured.

OU-HSV
1/15/2007, 04:14 PM
I wish the best for A.D. and he was fun to watch, but I think we'll be just fine without him. I can't wait to see Madu and Murray run. We already know that Patrick and Brown are monsters. Hopefully Gute will continue to come back from that bad knee to be as good as he was before he got injured.
Heck yeah, I think we're so loaded at RB right now that its sick!

Eielson
1/15/2007, 04:22 PM

You're kidding, right?

Eielson
1/15/2007, 04:23 PM
That first run by Demarco Murray was almost unreal.

Eielson
1/15/2007, 04:27 PM
On that play that started at like 48 or 49 seconds in, did Madu not look like Adrian Peterson?

flopshotjoe99
1/15/2007, 04:32 PM
if they get the QB situation figured out early, OU's offense will be sick next season!!!

pgagolfpro77
1/15/2007, 05:00 PM
Lennon Creer?

If we can get this badboy, we would really be set for the future!

BASSooner
1/15/2007, 05:03 PM
I'm still concerned about OUr QB, DE, and LB(well..not so much) situation.

sooner518
1/15/2007, 05:07 PM
Allen Patrick

that holding call was crap. Kelly pancaked the dude flat onto his back

soonerfanatic1
1/15/2007, 05:52 PM
That first run by Demarco Murray was almost unreal.i agree with you on that i think he is the future of sooner football

blackbeauty02
1/15/2007, 07:06 PM
Dayum! All of those backs are great. I know there wasn't a video of Chris Brown but from what I've seen him play in games he's going to be awesome as well. Gonna be really interesting to see how the next two years play out. Patrick will definately start next year with one of the other three backing up. It will be a fight for 2008 though.

blackbeauty02
1/15/2007, 07:07 PM
I'm still concerned about OUr QB, DE, and LB(well..not so much) situation.

Yea I hope someone can fill the most important spot...QB. I don't know about this next year with a fresh face but I'm putting all my money on 2008.

Snrfn4ever08
1/15/2007, 07:54 PM
Yea I hope someone can fill the most important spot...QB. I don't know about this next year with a fresh face but I'm putting all my money on 2008.
I am too, but we were all putting our money on 2006 or 2007 before. Let's just pray that God hasn't bestowed on us Bomar: The Sequel. From what I've heard, this Nichol kid has a level head on his shoulders. I hope so, because I don't think I can go through another Bomar anytime soon.

josh09
1/15/2007, 07:56 PM
Demarco Murray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnC4o3SRkQ

Mossis Madu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47NXsITDxg

Allen Patrick

Chris Brown---cant find any video

I sense that their careers are gonna be similar to Q and Kejuan.

blackbeauty02
1/15/2007, 10:38 PM

That's okay with me b/c we seem to do best with above average players. With superstars like AD playing teams seem to target in better, step it up, and stack the box more. So we are mostly one dimensional. Hard for me to say it but we did better with AD injured this last season b/c teams didn't know what to expect.

OU_Sooners75
1/15/2007, 10:48 PM
AP will be the starter and the other 3 should all get carries as well. We will be stacked with backs for a long time.

I have a feeling that Murray will be played a lot more than Madu and Brown...However, It will be hard to say Patrick won't be the starter.

The guy is definitely something special....and if Gute could stay injury free, he would be too.

I am foaming at the mouth for next season!

4 OL return.
ALL WRs, TEs, RBs (since AD started half the season), FBs return.
Need a QB though.

The Defense, well, we seem to just reload that so losing 2 LBs and 3 DEs shouldn't hurt to much.

Eielson
1/15/2007, 10:50 PM

Kejuan? Boo.

Q would be alright though. Blowout Texas and almost get the single season record for rushing yards in Sooner History.

sooneron
1/15/2007, 10:50 PM
Patrick will start. I still think Brown will back him up the most. I think Murray will be used in different packages. He's the type that needs to be utilized like R Bush. Split him out to the slot, etc. Madu will pressure Brown, if he keeps progressing.

sooneron
1/15/2007, 10:51 PM
That's okay with me b/c we seem to do best with above average players. With superstars like AD playing teams seem to target in better, step it up, and stack the box more. So we are mostly one dimensional. Hard for me to say it but we did better with AD injured this last season b/c teams didn't know what to expect.
That, or the average ranking of rush Ds we faced was better when AD was playing.

bixby28
1/15/2007, 10:53 PM
I think Bradford is going to take the starting job at QB. I'm hoping to see a lot of Demarco (sp.?) Murray in '07, too. Hope he is half as good as his highlight reel.

2007 should be an exciting year for the Sooner Nation...