PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Joey, Sam, and Keith!

soonerboy_odanorth
1/15/2007, 02:39 PM
At least one of you guys turn it up a notch, step forward and be the man.

One of you comes through for us and we are FREAKING LOADED for 2007!

Redshirt
1/15/2007, 02:43 PM
True dat.

OKC-SLC
1/15/2007, 02:55 PM
werd.

Widescreen
1/15/2007, 03:27 PM
I'm betting on Bradford being the man next season.

soonerguild
1/15/2007, 03:30 PM
It would be kinda cool if we started Bradford but used Nicol kinda like Florida used Tebow this year. Just a thought.

Sco
1/15/2007, 03:35 PM
I wanna see what Halzle can do. Whichever QB is chosen, though, I hope he is the next Heupel or White.

starrca23
1/15/2007, 03:51 PM
guild makes an interesting point, although I don't know if Nichols is big enough to do the whole running back thing.

OU-HSV
1/15/2007, 04:05 PM
In!

King Crimson
1/15/2007, 04:07 PM
people forget Bradford was ranked nearly as highly as Nichol.....and committed early.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/15/2007, 04:12 PM
People also forget Halzle is a juco guy with tools that now has a year of experience in the system that he didn't have last year to go along with his experience under center.

My cash says he gets the nod. From what little I saw in the spring, he looks to have the physical attributes and what looks to be a well coached head on his shoulders. One offseason later and he'll get it done.

OU-HSV
1/15/2007, 04:21 PM
People forget we've also got Hays McEachern coming back to....right? ;)
Honestly at the worst he'll give the defense some good looks on scout team offense

sooner518
1/15/2007, 04:24 PM
From reading some interviews with Heupel, I think it will be Halzle next year.

There is still a lot of time before that happens, but my money is on JH currently

Eielson
1/15/2007, 04:38 PM
Start Demarco Murray, Sam Bradford, Adron Tennell, Curtis Bailey, Austin Box, Gerald McCoy, and Blake Griffin all as freshmen next year.

85sooners
1/15/2007, 04:54 PM
:pop:

tommieharris91
1/15/2007, 05:25 PM
Tennell will be a sophomore.

So will Bradford.

Eielson
1/15/2007, 05:28 PM
Tennell will be a sophomore.

So will Bradford.

They reshirted didn't they?

tommieharris91
1/15/2007, 05:42 PM
I think Tennell had a catch in the CCG.

Sam has been on campus for 2 years now.

OUmillenium
1/15/2007, 05:45 PM
No, Bradford will be RS Freshman in status next year.

Tennell played this year = sophomore next year.

AlbqSooner
1/15/2007, 06:05 PM
The comforting thing is, with the talent we have returning, we need a quarterback next year who is adequate. Anything more than that is gravy, and probably unfair to the majority of teams we face.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2007, 06:10 PM
Halzle has the right initials for the job. You can't go wrong with a quarterback with the initials J.H.

KingDavid
1/15/2007, 06:28 PM
My money is on Bradford - at least until we see Nichol in the Spring.

Boffingham
1/15/2007, 06:32 PM
I bet Stoops is anxious as hell to get this team on the field. I think with his coaching job from this last year, he can make any of those 3 play like a champion for 12-14 straight games...I can't wait...8 more months

yermom
1/15/2007, 06:35 PM
I wanna see what Halzle can do. Whichever QB is chosen, though, I hope he is the next Heupel or White.

is that all?

i was thinking more like Tom Brady or something ;)

bixby28
1/15/2007, 11:18 PM
I think the 3 QBs in the rotation have great potential. Bradford, apparently has a helluva arm, and all of them are good athletes.

The coaching staff may not pick a starter until game day v. North Tejas.

OU_Sooners75
1/15/2007, 11:22 PM
Kieth Nichol will most likely be the starter if he can learn the offense and earn the respect of his teammates in 9 short months

batonrougesooner
1/15/2007, 11:43 PM
I'm betting on Bradford being the man next season.

That's what I'm thinking.

"We're the fighting Panthers of Putnam North..."

Horns 72
1/15/2007, 11:45 PM
Nichol will be scout team QB. And, remember, McEachern is the "veteran" QB at OU now. He's been in the system the longest.

SCOUT
1/16/2007, 12:52 AM
I would like to hear what everyone thinks is each person's strengths and weaknesses.

For example, I believe Halzle's experience will be valued pretty highly by Stoops. What specifics have you heard?

1stTimeCaller
1/16/2007, 01:03 AM
Stoops told a friend of mine that they made a mistake with Halzle and they wished they would have got someone else. This was before this season started and he apparently was having one helluva time picking things up.

goingoneight
1/16/2007, 01:19 AM
people forget Bradford was ranked nearly as highly as Nichol.....and committed early.

But you're SUPPOSED to pull for the backup guy... YOU KNOW THAT!!! :D

goingoneight
1/16/2007, 01:20 AM
is that all?

i was thinking more like Tom Brady or something ;)

Yeah, but without the ******* coaching him... ;)

jbstrick
1/16/2007, 01:25 AM
From the Daily Oklahoman...

After running the scout team — and opposing teams' offenses — throughout the regular season, Sam Bradford finally got meaningful work in the Sooner system during bowl workouts. Those in the know say Bradford put on a show with his arm and accuracy.

Some visitors to OU practices in Scottsdale, Ariz., who were unfamiliar with the Sooners even wondered if the redshirting freshman was the starter.

goingoneight
1/16/2007, 01:29 AM
People couldn't tell the difference between ENA and Sam Bradford? OH MAN, we GOTTA start this guy. Who else can fool someone into thinking he's a big, black fifth year senior. Bradford for Heisman!!! After Adarius Bowman, of course... :rolleyes:

Ash
1/16/2007, 03:06 AM
From the Daily Oklahoman...Quote:
After running the scout team — and opposing teams' offenses — throughout the regular season, Sam Bradford finally got meaningful work in the Sooner system during bowl workouts. Those in the know say Bradford put on a show with his arm and accuracy.

Some visitors to OU practices in Scottsdale, Ariz., who were unfamiliar with the Sooners even wondered if the redshirting freshman was the starter.

I've been hearing similar reports.

My money's on Bradford, but it's going to be an interesting spring (and fall!). I think the competition will go the distance with no announcement about who is the starter until late.

Widescreen
1/16/2007, 09:15 AM
Stoops told a friend of mine that they made a mistake with Halzle and they wished they would have got someone else. This was before this season started and he apparently was having one helluva time picking things up.
Name dropper.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/16/2007, 05:22 PM
Stoops told a friend of mine that they made a mistake with Halzle and they wished they would have got someone else. This was before this season started and he apparently was having one helluva time picking things up.Jim Traber is that you?

arcman46
1/16/2007, 06:06 PM

I don't buy it.:rolleyes:

NorthernIowaSooner
1/16/2007, 08:59 PM
didnt halzle throw like 5 picks in the spring game? im not trying to be an a$$ and i might be wrong but last years spring game i think i remember him playing pretty poorly and from that i never thought he'd see the field if there was an option this year

OU-HSV
1/16/2007, 09:09 PM
didnt halzle throw like 5 picks in the spring game? im not trying to be an a$$ and i might be wrong but last years spring game i think i remember him playing pretty poorly and from that i never thought he'd see the field if there was an option this year
I don't know if it was 5 picks, but it was definitely more than one. But that is just the spring game man. I remember one thing I noticed about him in last year's red/white game, he was more mobile than I originally thought he was. Anyways, new season, new QB battle, may the best man win.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/16/2007, 09:12 PM
I don't know if it was 5 picks, but it was definitely more than one. But that is just the spring game man.

that was kinda my point, he finished his juco season and then played in the spring game so he wasnt that far out of game speed and its the spring game, you shouldnt really throw that many picks. but he is faster then youd think, i agree

soonerboomer93
1/16/2007, 09:12 PM

Did your friend also see Ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night?

OU-HSV
1/16/2007, 09:15 PM
that was kinda my point, he finished his juco season and then played in the spring game so he wasnt that far out of game speed and its the spring game, you shouldnt really throw that many picks. but he is faster then youd think, i agree
Oh I see what you're saying I haven't thought of it that way, I mean as far as him coming fresh out of the JUCO. I agree, we need someone that can take care of the ball and make great decisions.

goingoneight
1/17/2007, 12:10 AM
Nichol will be scout team QB. And, remember, McEachern is the "veteran" QB at OU now. He's been in the system the longest.

We have OUr kids from Austin do the important stuff, like stir the gatorade and hold the football... he does just fine doing that... we don't wanna overload him :D.

j/k Hays... ;)

goingoneight
1/17/2007, 12:12 AM

PT didn't throw the ball at all in the Spring game and he won a BIG 12 Title...

NorthernIowaSooner
1/17/2007, 12:29 AM
PT didn't throw the ball at all in the Spring game and he won a BIG 12 Title...

guess we should keep the ball outta joey's hands this spring then by that logic

goingoneight
1/17/2007, 12:35 AM
Or put him in as a slot receiver... :D

FrostySooner
1/29/2007, 12:26 AM
So, Bradford will be a RS Freshman. What about Halzle?? Will he be a Junior or a RS Sophomore????

goingoneight
1/29/2007, 01:27 AM
Junior who has completed two passes against Middle Tennessee A&M State Tech. So yeah, Anyone we get in there is gonna prolly be on the same level. I'm betting on Bradford because of the long-term investment like we did ala Brent Rhomaro. Hopefully, Sam will get a job at a restaurant or something, though... :mad:

illinisooner
1/29/2007, 01:41 AM
For those who say Nichol can't step in and start because he's a true freshman, I see your point...but wasn't that what Weatherford at FSU did 2 years ago? Obviously he isn't turning into Chris Weinke, and his freshman numbers weren't that great, but he did lead the team to an Orange Bowl berth. Yeah they weren't that impressive of a team, I'm just saying that true freshman can step in and play succesfully. When a team starts a redshirt or true freshman, no matter how good the team, that's pretty much an automatic loss or two. The only exception to the rule is a gamebreaker like Vick at Virginia Tech back in the day.

AzianSooner
1/29/2007, 01:53 AM
My woman asked me to put the same thing in my new year resolution.

bixby28
1/29/2007, 02:54 AM
Halzle had a rough Spring scrimmage, but he was new to the program. I was at the game and would like to mention that the secondary was playing
'mistake-free football'.

It's going to be a battle for the QB job and Halzle will go out win or lose in a blaze of glory :)

Jason White's Third Knee
1/29/2007, 09:20 AM
Halzle had a rough Spring scrimmage, but he was new to the program. I was at the game and would like to mention that the secondary was playing
'mistake-free football'.

It's going to be a battle for the QB job and Halzle will go out win or lose in a blaze of glory :)

So you are saying that Halzle will either win or lose the QB position. Profound. I think that Bradford will either win or lose that job, but if that doesn't happen then something else will or won't happen.

Big Red Ron
1/29/2007, 10:15 AM
Halzle has the look of a top notch career back up. He isn't Heupel guys.

sooner518
1/29/2007, 10:35 AM
Halzle has the look of a top notch career back up. He isn't Heupel guys.
but he has the same initials!!

Arrowhead
1/29/2007, 01:48 PM
News from a Nichol hometowner.

http://www.mlive.com/preps/grpress/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1170077102233270.xml&coll=6

He's your man to get the Soonners to the promiosed land.

stoopified
1/29/2007, 02:17 PM
I have no idea who the starting qb will be next yearBut I trust the coavhes to figure it out.

bixby28
1/29/2007, 02:23 PM
I meant J.Halzle has got a great chance of being the '07 starter. I was just watching "Pale Rider", so i had to use a little gunfight talkin' to get my earlier post across, my apologies :)

The job is up for grabs, as much as it ever has been.

AzianSooner
1/29/2007, 09:27 PM
If Sam throw like Paul then it is not a very good news. If Sam throw better than Paul then we can book the ticket the NC.

shavedmarmoset
1/29/2007, 10:18 PM
I have to question Halzle's arm strength. He doesn't like he puts too much zip on it. With how much Bradford has progressed according to the coaches this past year, I'm gonna go with Bradford.

MiccoMacey
1/30/2007, 08:44 AM
So you are saying that Halzle will either win or lose the QB position. Profound. I think that Bradford will either win or lose that job, but if that doesn't happen then something else will or won't happen.

I think it's a 100% chance your prediction either will or will not come true, depending on the outcome.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2007, 08:48 AM
Take it for what it's worth but Sam Bradford was at the Marble Slab eating ice cream with Kevin Wilson!!!!

Big Red Ron
1/30/2007, 01:27 PM
Take it for what it's worth but Sam Bradford was at the Marble Slab eating ice cream with Kevin Wilson!!!!:D

Desert Sapper
1/30/2007, 01:50 PM
My best friend's cousin's former roommate's brother saw Kevin Wilson's mother-in-law's high-school volleyball teammate at the What-a-Burger in Mustang, and she said that the job is going to the QB that performs the best in workouts before September 1st. Her money is on Halzle or Bradford, although she admits that Nichol has a shot.

Straight from the horse's mouth, folks. ;)

swardboy
1/30/2007, 01:58 PM
I have to question Halzle's arm strength. He doesn't like he puts too much zip on it. With how much Bradford has progressed according to the coaches this past year, I'm gonna go with Bradford.

"Zip" is good, but "smart" is better. I mean, Halzle didn't get to Norman with a weinie arm. I'd much rather have a qb with "adequate" arm strength over a "zipper" who flirts with disaster most passes.

Now "zip" and "smart" equals "AWESOME".

Desert Sapper
1/30/2007, 03:39 PM
Now "zip" and "smart" equals "AWESOME".

Actually, I think it equals 'MANNING BROTHER', but there aren't anymore brothers and if there were, they wouldn't be coming to Norman. ;)

Does Tom Brady have a brother?

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/30/2007, 04:15 PM
Does Tom Brady have a brother?

That's what she said....

Oh Snap!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/30/2007, 04:36 PM
Obligatory Put in Rawls.

Desert Sapper
1/30/2007, 04:51 PM
That's what she said....

Oh Snap!!

Well, does he? We need somebody that can read the field and make the right decisions 90% of the time...and LEAD.

Shneeg11
3/5/2007, 07:09 AM
From personal experience playing alongside Bradford, he is a great leader, and the most competitive individual i have ever met. Add those to his arm strength, incredible athletic ability, and his ability to think on his feet. IMO, I say he is our top contender for the starting job. His Sr. year was not as productive compared to his Jr. year due to our lack of an offensive line, and the loss of a 2000 yard rusher in Deji Karim. Because of that, defenses could drop eight, and occasionally nine men into coverage making it hard for anyone to get open. Add that to a relatively small receiving corps w/the exception of Kenny Brown (now playin at aTm), and it was tough going for Bradford. But, with the talent we have surrounding him at OU, i think he can come in and be a dominant qb

goingoneight
3/6/2007, 01:07 AM
Take it for what it's worth but Sam Bradford was at the Marble Slab eating ice cream with Kevin Wilson!!!!

Great, it wasn't VANILLA, was it?!?! :mad:

:D

tommieharris91
3/6/2007, 01:15 AM
I see Bob at da pool ever now and then. Does that count?

goingoneight
3/6/2007, 01:19 AM
I see Bob at da pool ever now and then. Does that count?

Yeah, but Brodney Pool can't play QB. :D