PDA

View Full Version : Big intra-wimmen political piccadello

Okla-homey
1/15/2007, 01:25 PM
So, uber-feminist Sen Barb Boxer accuses SECSTATE Rice of being unable to understand the implications of the war because Rice is childless. White House fires back.

This could get good.:pop:

crawfish
1/15/2007, 01:28 PM
So, uber-feminist Sen Barb Boxer accuses SECSTATE Rice of being unable to understand the implications of the war because Rice is childless. White House fires back.

Wow.

The only good thing going for the Republicans these days are the Democrats. :)

reevie
1/15/2007, 01:28 PM
But will it get as good as Trump and Rosie?

Widescreen
1/15/2007, 01:31 PM
Only if someone calls someone else a fat lesbian heifer.

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2007, 01:31 PM
Thats almost as good as the donks raising the minimum wage, except for the donks special interests in American Samoa.

AlbqSooner
1/15/2007, 01:34 PM
Couple of weeks in power and the dems manage to make the repubs look like victims. Go figure.

Frozen Sooner
1/15/2007, 01:35 PM

I'm always amazed that people get so wrapped up in winning a war of rhetoric that they contradict themselves.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/15/2007, 01:40 PM
Couple of weeks in power and the dems manage to make the repubs look like victims. Go figure.And, does their behaviour surprise anyone?

crawfish
1/15/2007, 01:43 PM
I'm always amazed that people get so wrapped up in winning a war of rhetoric that they contradict themselves.

It's called "politics".

jk the sooner fan
1/15/2007, 01:43 PM
somebody needs to remind Senator Boxer that our Armed Forces is comprised of all volunteers.....nobody likes a war but its what they all signed up for...my son included

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2007, 01:53 PM
Boxer is laying big fat eggs!!!

The pay raise debacle, except for her big time donors in SF (i.e. starkist and chicken of the sea). (the request on the floor from a repub, to exclude a group from something like American Somoa had ole Barney Frank (the presiding officer at the time) appoplectic. It was great...)

The single, non children dress-down of miss afro-american SECSTATE.

The pay backs she put down on committee assignments...

Shows nothing is different, just different players.

OklahomaTuba
1/15/2007, 01:58 PM
Coburn is going to screw with them all here very soon. Check out the greatness that is the Ried Admendment.

WASHIINGTON -- A beaming Harry Reid last week basked in the adoration of the Democratic Party's leading Senate reformers and its nine freshman senators. They extravagantly praised the new majority leader as the exemplar of ethical reform. But within 48 hours, Reid was opposing full transparency of earmarks. This week, Republican reformers will target Reid with an amendment to the Senate ethics package.

Sponsored by Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, the proposal is called the "Reid amendment" because he inadvertently inspired it. Coburn would tighten loose anti-earmark restrictions in the ethics bill by prohibiting senators from requesting earmarks that financially benefit a senator, an immediate family member of a senator or a family member of a senator's staffer.

The proposal follows the revelation that Reid's four sons and his daughter's husband all have been lawyers or lobbyists for special interests. While Reid has declared they are barred from lobbying for their clients in his office, there is little doubt they have taken advantage of their close proximity to a powerful senator.

An example is provided by earmarks that have sent millions of federal dollars to the University of Nevada at Reno. Reid's son-in-law, lawyer Steven Barringer, was a paid lobbyist for the university. In general, Republican reformers see Reid illustrating the nexus between legislators and special interests, in his case mainly real estate, gambling and mining.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272610987.shtml

Jimminy Crimson
1/16/2007, 03:05 PM
Coburn is going to screw with them all here very soon. Check out the greatness that is the Ried Admendment.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272610987.shtml

Keep fighting the good fight, Tom! :D

TUSooner
1/16/2007, 05:25 PM
This message is hidden because RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! is on your ignore list.

I finally did something smart and good for my health this year! :D

TUSooner
1/16/2007, 05:27 PM
Reid has declared they are barred from lobbying for their clients in his office

So they have to do it in the kitchen at home.

soonerscuba
1/16/2007, 05:33 PM
This argument is a great reflection in terms of how far America has come in the last 40 years. We have our SanFran woman SOTH degrading our black, Republican woman Sec. State for being childless. Although a stupid point, and Condi doesn't need a whole lot lecturing, the fact that it is happening is kinda cool.

C&CDean
1/16/2007, 05:41 PM
This argument is a great reflection in terms of how far America has come in the last 40 years. We have our SanFran woman SOTH degrading our black, Republican woman Sec. State for being childless. Although a stupid point, and Condi doesn't need a whole lot lecturing, the fact that it is happening is kinda cool.

Yup. If by "cool" you mean "really, REALLY ****ed up."

soonerscuba
1/16/2007, 05:46 PM
The fight was about baking and baby-making, was it not?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/16/2007, 06:20 PM
The fight was about baking and baby-making, was it not?I think it was more about "I hate your guts for being a black republican".