PDA

View Full Version : Boston for business

SeattleOUstudent
1/15/2007, 09:41 AM
Whats to do? What are some other sight-seeing activities that I can do for a couple of days? Fenway is on the list. Maybe Harvard.

Also, what would be a good central location/neighborhood to stay in for all this?:pop:

jk the sooner fan
1/15/2007, 09:43 AM
i think SBSB was up there last year or something, she might have some idears

King Crimson
1/15/2007, 09:47 AM
Pub Transportation is great in Boston. use it. pizza is good too.

Fenway is cool. hit up the guy who sells ital. sausages with grilled peppers and onions outside the stadium.....YWIA.

there used to be a place in Somerville off the Davis Square stop on the Redline called from Beer to Eternity......great beer selection. Harpoon is a good local brew.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/15/2007, 11:35 AM
There are STILL some witches in Salem, my friend.

Ike
1/15/2007, 01:16 PM
last time I went I stayed here (http://www.bostonhotelbuckminster.com/). its just down the road from Fenway and Boston University, not terribly far from Hahvhad in one direction and downtown in the other, and just across the river from MIT.

the hotel itself wasn't anything special, but it's location was teh awesome.

sooneron
1/15/2007, 01:22 PM
Go to The Union Oyster House.

bluedogok
1/15/2007, 05:35 PM
We were up there in May, we stayed by Mass General near Beacon Hill. It is such a small city in area that you can pretty much stay anywhere and be close to everything.

SicEmBaylor
1/15/2007, 05:40 PM
Go to The Union Oyster House.

I second that.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2007, 06:19 PM
Boston is my most favorite city. If I didn't have to make a billion dollars to live there, I would. It's a big city that doesn't feel big.

You can take the subway anywhere in the city. It's cheap and easy (shut it pervs).

Both times I went, I stayed at the Sheraton on my company's dime. It's in the Back Bay area. There is a great place that has a bowling alley/bar right next door that is across the street. It is called Summer Shack. They have seafood and stuff. It's pretty casual. They also have awesome Boston Cream Pie on somedays.

Go to Fenuil Hall. They have a lot of little shops there and it is really old.

I loved the JFK Library. It's pretty far, but if you take the subway it's no problem.

You have to go to the North End if you like Italian food. There's a little place called Mike's that makes the best cannolli. You can get it to go.

For cheap fun, ride the swan boats. This is different than the duck tour that is both on land and on water.

Go to the top of the Prudential Building for an awesome view.

Do the Fenway tour and sit in the Green Monster seats.

That's all I can think of now, but Jimminy's brother went to school at Boston College and 49r used to live there. I bet they have more suggestions.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/15/2007, 06:22 PM
Oh and do the little walking tour that takes you past Paul Revere's House and the old cemetery where he is buried. You follow a little red path.

OCUDad
1/15/2007, 06:50 PM
Go to The Union Oyster House.Durgin Park is a restaurant in the same area as Union Oyster House (Quincy Marketplace - the old Faneuil Hall). Both are classics.

By all means get the lobster.

SoonerInKCMO
1/15/2007, 07:15 PM
Oh and do the little walking tour that takes you past Paul Revere's House and the old cemetery where he is buried. You follow a little red path.

The red painted line of The Freedom Trail also takes one by many fine drinking establishments. :texan:

IronSooner
1/15/2007, 08:05 PM
There's a great little Italian place called Dom's near Paul Revere's house. Went there years ago and ate myself stupid. I'd recommend it. Lots of good Italian in Boston.

OCUDad
1/15/2007, 09:52 PM
There's a great little Italian place called Dom's near Paul Revere's house. Went there years ago and ate myself stupid. I'd recommend it. Lots of good Italian in Boston.Best Italian is (not surprisingly) in the Italian section of Boston -- the North End. Walking distance from Faneuil Hall.

SeattleOUstudent
1/16/2007, 10:10 AM
anyone ever fly into Providence rather than Bahston? Flights are WAY cheaper.

C&CDean
1/16/2007, 11:39 AM
Boston is meh. I rate it ahead of Atlanta, Miami, L.A., Philadelphia, and a few other big towns, but it sucks major hind tit to San Francisco, San Diego, Chicago, Kansas City, Baltimore, and even NYC. The worst things about Boston are the tunnel, the attitude, and the females.

Seriously, go into a bar in Boston. Find the most beautiful woman you can see. Go up and start a conversation. If she was a 10, she will immediately become about a 4 the second she opens her trap. Her mouth will contort into the cheap/hard Rocky-Hooker look and she'll spit out "how 'bout goin' up da Cape for funs, day gotta a great ****in' state pawk, you can pawk yer caw right there - it's wicked ****ah."

The second she shuts her trap, she becomes beautiful again. Food in Boston is good, and there's some great pubs, but to me it's average - at best.

sooneron
1/16/2007, 11:48 AM
Seriously, go into a bar in Boston. Find the most beautiful woman you can see. Go up and start a conversation. If she was a 10, she will immediately become about a 4 the second she opens her trap. Her mouth will contort into the cheap/hard Rocky-Hooker look and she'll spit out "how 'bout goin' up da Cape for funs, day gotta a great ****in' state pawk, you can pawk yer caw right there - it's wicked ****ah."

The second she shuts her trap, she becomes beautiful again. Food in Boston is good, and there's some great pubs, but to me it's average - at best.
Mmmm, memories of Newport RI...:D :D :D :D

C&CDean
1/16/2007, 11:56 AM
Mmmm, memories of Newport RI...:D :D :D :D

Bahston, South.

bluedogok
1/16/2007, 12:33 PM
We flew JetBlue roundtrip from Austin to Boston direct for $397 for 2 people last May. Providence is definitely cheaper from OKC on Southwest. We took the Amtrak from Boston to Mystic when we were up there going through Providence, it was a nice day trip. I want to hit Newport the next time that I am up there.