PDA

View Full Version : oklahoma drivers...

badger
1/14/2007, 06:53 PM
does it surprise anyone about how drivers aren't exactly cautious during winter--- namely ice storms?
This is a video from Friday in Norman... why are drivers still speeding by, despite the freezing rain and sleet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwm0oh1U5M0&mode=related&search=

I hope drivers learned from these past ice storms--- SLOW DOWN, or STAY OFF THE ROAD!

hope you're all safe and warm.

jk the sooner fan
1/14/2007, 06:59 PM
maybe if it only iced/snowed in the left lane, you could get people to slow down....

badger
1/14/2007, 07:01 PM
I heard from my grandparents in Wisconsin that they expect 5-8 inches of snow tomorrow. I guess its about time the weather return to where it belongs :D

soonerboomer93
1/14/2007, 07:10 PM
Until the very end and I saw the last car slide, it really didn't look like it was icy, just wet

of course that's part of the joys of ice

OK2LA
1/14/2007, 07:32 PM
Until the very end and I saw the last car slide, it really didn't look like it was icy, just wet

of course that's part of the joys of ice

"black ice" - the scarry kind.
:eek:

OK2LA
1/14/2007, 07:33 PM
"black ice" - the scarry kind.
:eek:

RACIST!

Boarder
1/14/2007, 10:15 PM
Did the last car even slide? That looked like right when it started and it wasn't slick at all.

soonerboomer93
1/14/2007, 11:17 PM
it looked like the rims stopped spinning for a second but the car remained moving forward. but watching it again it may have just been me seeing ****

MamaMia
1/14/2007, 11:23 PM
My husband is a 53 year old born and raised Oklahoman. On our way back home from mass he actually asked me if I wanted to do some donuts. :eek:

soonerboomer93
1/14/2007, 11:29 PM
did you say yes?

if not, you should have

I love finding a big *** empty lot and doing donuts

Ike
1/14/2007, 11:44 PM
norman drivers are no worse than chicago drivers.

chicago drivers just think they are so much better because we have lots of plows here.

but in reality, chicago drivers are probably worse than oklahoma drivers in wintery conditions.

MamaMia
1/15/2007, 02:44 PM
did you say yes?

if not, you should have

I love finding a big *** empty lot and doing donutsI said "No thank you", because we were in my XTerra. I would think that his Titan is better suited for that. :P

SoonerInKCMO
1/15/2007, 07:23 PM
The conditions didn't look bad at all. Did you see how fast the car that turned right was going without sliding? I would've probably been driving faster than most of the people in the video.

nanimonai
1/16/2007, 12:17 AM
Should I feel guilty for secretly hoping to see that guy who was riding my *** for two miles wrapped around a telephone pole up the road after he passed me going about 65 on a sheet of solid ice?

bluedogok
1/16/2007, 12:46 PM
Should I feel guilty for secretly hoping to see that guy who was riding my *** for two miles wrapped around a telephone pole up the road after he passed me going about 65 on a sheet of solid ice?
Umm...no, not at all...some deserve the fate that they created. Unfortunately, fate doesn't always comply.

Austin drivers are worse, they freak out in the rain let alone the ice and snow that we are having at the moment. Too many Californians here now to go along with idiot Texans.

boomersooner28
1/16/2007, 12:51 PM
Gloabl warming at it's best right thur! :D

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2007, 02:09 PM
Well there is such a thing as being too cautious. The conditions up this way aren't that bad at all, but yet some folks felt the need to go about 10 mph. Sometimes that's more dangerous IMO.

Then I saw people pullin' out in front of me and crossing the road at the last minute just like there was nothing on the road at all. Or changing lanes really quick to make a turn . . .

Some of these spoiled college kids in their BMWs, Mercedes and Mustangs should probably just stay in their dorm room.

olevetonahill
1/16/2007, 02:18 PM
did you say yes?

if not, you should have

I love finding a big *** empty lot and doing donuts
Yup parking lots is fun ;)
I taught Both My boys how to drive on ice in parking lots . Id drive there get out put em behind the wheel crawl in the passenger seat , and tell em get after it , they would start slidding and say what I do ? then Id tell em :D
They are both excelent drivers now