PDA

View Full Version : Boop, Beep

Pages : [1] 2

Boarder
1/13/2007, 10:52 PM
If I have never watched it before, is it something you can start watching at the first of the season or is it something you need to have watched in the past?

What's it even about? I figure some sort of Sum Of All Fears type thing but am not for sure.

I know, I should have been watching but I haven't.

OUFAN29
1/13/2007, 11:00 PM
Until 24 Day 6 starts. Any other fans?

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2007, 11:02 PM
YESSSSSSS!

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2007, 11:05 PM
If I have never watched it before, is it something you can start watching at the first of the season or is it something you need to have watched in the past?

What's it even about? I figure some sort of Sum Of All Fears type thing but am not for sure.

I'd watch the new season if possible. Actually, I wouldn't recommend watching it on TV at all until they come out on DVD. It works out better that way.

OUFAN29
1/13/2007, 11:10 PM

IMHO I would rent the first 5 seasons and watch them first. If you have tivo, record the current season. May make more sense to you. Well worth the time.

Preservation Parcels
1/13/2007, 11:12 PM

Since everyone else in my family was glued to it, I started watching partway through last year. I usually don't even like intense danger stuff like that. It will have your attention within no time. Just remember to breathe. :pop:

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2007, 11:17 PM
I got my mom downright addicted to the show. I went out and bought all the seasons on DVD and we watched all of them over the break. She couldn't wait a few weeks for the 5th season to come out on DVD, so I ended up just downloading them all off itunes.

Sooner_Bob
1/13/2007, 11:35 PM
IMHO I would rent the first 5 seasons and watch them first. If you have tivo, record the current season. May make more sense to you. Well worth the time.

That's how we got hooked on it . . . I think we watched the first two seasons on DVD right before season 3 started.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/13/2007, 11:56 PM
There are always some amazing surprises. Stuff that makes you say "No Way, WOW" to yourself and others.

OUinFLA
1/13/2007, 11:59 PM
Go ahead, watch it.
It's no big deal.
You've only missed 5 days of action.

bri
1/14/2007, 01:35 AM
Oh. HELL. Yes.

OUinFLA
1/14/2007, 08:34 AM
I'll probably give up Despicable Housewives so I dont miss a minute of this day 6.
Never before has a day seemed like a year. :D

Beef
1/14/2007, 09:40 AM

I'll summarize for you.
Day 1: Jack Bauer saves the world.
Day 2: Jack Bauer saves the world.
Day 3: Jack Bauer saves the world.
Day 4: Jack Bauer saves the world.
Day 5: Jack Bauer saves the world.

You're now caught up enough to watch season 6. I would watch the other season at your leaisure, though. They're all awesome.

sooner_born_1960
1/14/2007, 12:11 PM
In a preview, they showed Jack with a full beard. How do they explain that?
I've never seen an episode.

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2007, 12:24 PM
In a preview, they showed Jack with a full beard. How do they explain that?
I've never seen an episode.

The days aren't sequential. The time between Day 1 and Day 2 was something like a year and a half. The time that has passed between Day 5 and Day 6 (this new season) is 2 years. Jack has a beard because he was captured by the Chinese government in season 5

sooner_born_1960
1/14/2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks, now you've ruined it for all those people who bought the season 5 DVD set.
:)

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks, now you've ruined it for all those people who bought the season 5 DVD set.
:)

What's the proper spoiler tag and i'll fix.

sooner_born_1960
1/14/2007, 12:37 PM
Beats me. I've never used them. Look in the "Lost" thread.

Ruuuuuufus
1/14/2007, 12:45 PM
first 4 episodes + 10 min of hour 5 are on torrent. They have Kumar playing a teenager (half his age in real life?)

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2007, 12:58 PM
The show is just fantastic but at times it does get into the down right absurd.

Kim Bauer and the cougar is a great example of that. I was rooting for the cougar.

Beef
1/14/2007, 01:00 PM
The days aren't sequential. The time between Day 1 and Day 2 was something like a year and a half. The time that has passed between Day 5 and Day 6 (this new season) is 2 years. Jack has a beard because he was captured by the Chinese government in season 5
There ya go.

Beef
1/14/2007, 01:01 PM
The show is just fantastic but at times it does get into the down right absurd.

Kim Bauer and the cougar is a great example of that. I was rooting for the cougar.
I was rooting for nudity.

Boarder
1/14/2007, 01:07 PM
Instead of [spoiler] put [spoil]

So basically, each season kind of stands on its own, right? I realize the optimum would be to watch the previous seasons but I don't have time. And Jack Bauer is a secret agent 007 kind of dude, right?

Sooner_Bob
1/14/2007, 01:13 PM

So basically, each season kind of stands on its own, right? I realize the optimum would be to watch the previous seasons but I don't have time. And Jack Bauer is a secret agent 007 kind of dude, right?

Kinda sorta . . . you might not understand some of the minor storylines if you haven't watched the entire series, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

Jack does seem to be undercover or on a secret mission most of the time.

OUinFLA
1/14/2007, 01:14 PM

pffft 007 is a pu$$y compared to Jack Bauer.
Heck, even Superman cringes at the sound of his name.

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2007, 01:14 PM

You could watch them as a stand alone, but it's much better to watch all the seasons first. The problem is that there are a ton of characters that come and go from season to season. The only character still around from season 1 is Bauer although from what I understand one of the season 1 characters is coming back for this season.

SicEmBaylor
1/14/2007, 01:16 PM
It's a testament to Kiefer's acting ability that he's a Canadian but can still act well enough to believe he's a badass.

Boarder
1/14/2007, 01:32 PM
Oh, I guess you've never seen The Cowboy Way. He's definitely a bad boy in that one.

tbl
1/14/2007, 03:22 PM

Don't listen to these guys. It's great to watch it during the year on TV. No need to wait until the DVD's come out. It's also just fine to jump in, just so long as you start out on the first episode of the season. I started watching season 1 when it first came out but I gave up on it. I didn't watch any of the series between and started on the first show last season. There were a couple of things I didn't get, but they do a good job of giving back story within the current episodes. I didn't miss a thing and got completely hooked, all by watching a season by itself as it came on live TV.

Watch it tonight. That's it.

tbl
1/14/2007, 03:28 PM
In honor of the "sniff sniff" thread, we need an official 24 thread for day 6. If there's already one from seasons past, somebody please resurrect it and let this one die.

5 hours to go until Jack returns to kick some butt again. Here's a nice article by Stephen King to whet your whistle.
http://www.fox.com/24/images/24_stephen_king.pdf

I'm officially pumped.

SPOILER ALERT!!!! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS POSTED THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD!!!

Czar Soonerov
1/14/2007, 03:32 PM
I would've thought he'd escape from the Chinese. He's not as much of a badass as I'd hoped.

BoogercountySooner
1/14/2007, 03:48 PM
I've never watched that show.

bri
1/14/2007, 03:53 PM
Hooray for you. Thanks for chiming in, then.

I'm gonna fire up the "season 6 prequel" from the S5 box set around 6. Because I'm a geek. :D

BoogercountySooner
1/14/2007, 04:13 PM
Hooray for you Bri fire it up!

tbl
1/14/2007, 05:16 PM
Is that something that wasn't on Season 5 and won't be on Season 6? If so, I'm jonesin...

02:44:37
Boop
Beep
Boop
Beep

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2007, 05:26 PM
I've never watched that show.
I've never watched it either.

Hooray for me.

colleyvillesooner
1/14/2007, 05:33 PM
that makes 3.

Is it really that good?

sanantoniosooner
1/14/2007, 05:35 PM
that makes 3.

Is it really that good?
I have no doubt it's good.

Along with about 10 other shows I never watch.

BoogercountySooner
1/14/2007, 06:11 PM
Hooray, Thank All you losers for Chiming in!:D :D

Mongo
1/14/2007, 08:54 PM
Chuck Norris is a ***** compared to Jack Bauer. Nice "Mike Tyson" move.

Czar Soonerov
1/14/2007, 09:51 PM
I have no doubt it's good.

Along with about 10 other shows I never watch.

I apply this same principal to to a lot of threads on this board.

OCUDad
1/14/2007, 10:14 PM
I apply this same principal to to a lot of threads on this board.Because you have no interest? :D

mikeelikee
1/14/2007, 10:18 PM
"Previously on 24...." Well, several of you don't have a clue about previously on 24 now, do you? :D

royalfan5
1/14/2007, 10:26 PM
I sort of watched 24 for the first time tonight. I was mildly entertained. I liked seeing Kumar and Dr. Bashir though.

tbl
1/14/2007, 10:26 PM
Doooood... Don't these fools know that Jack Bauer has a 3 year contract not to die???? It also looks like the Jack Bauer/Jesus Christ analogy is complete. They finally gave him the opp to die for his country and he willingly took it... until he realized there were still azzes to be kicked.

I'm ready for that 20 months of torture to wear off so Jack can get back to torturing and killing people with a clean conscience. Nothing more disheartening than Jack with a conscience towards the bad guys.

I'm also hoping Palmers sister doesn't have much of a role. Booooorring. We don't need no stinking bleeding hearts on 24. I'm hoping torture-prone Jack pulls a couple of her teeth out to get that point accross.

Like that Stephen King article said, this one is definitely realistic (except for the part where there are Muslim terrorists that decided to stop being terrorists). Good fricking start to the day...

tbl
1/14/2007, 10:58 PM
I would've thought he'd escape from the Chinese. He's not as much of a badass as I'd hoped.

Jack is still BA, but you can't mess with the Chinese. Even Jack knows that. They put together his PDA's, so he knows anybody that can create something that powerful is not to be trifled with.

soonerinabilene
1/14/2007, 11:56 PM
i am so freakin mad. got 15 minutes into it and the ice knocks out the local fox affiliate. and the 24 website doesnt have a summary up yet, so i wont know what the heck is going on tomorrow night. someone that saw it and has some time on their hands PLEASE pm me and give me a quick review of what went down. last thing i got to see was handcuffing him to the drain.

tbl
1/15/2007, 12:12 AM
Dude... You missed the entire episode! If you watch tomorrow, they'll catch you up with their little intro (for the most part). If you still have questions, post em!

bri
1/15/2007, 01:35 AM
The prequel sort of covered "escaping from the Chinese". It shows him being tortured (A LOT) because the Chinese know that one of two men in their government is a US spy, and they want Jack to identify him. He continues to keep silent, so they take him back to his cell. A little while later, he sees the guard get shot, then two men appear and identify themselves as Americans. They get him out of the prison, into a waiting WHITE Toyota (nice choice for a dead of night covert op, really) and haul *** to meet with our man in Beijing. But, as you might suspect, the whole thing was merely a setup to flush out the US operative in the Chinese government, and he is summarily executed and Jack taken back to prison, where he remains until Wayne Palmer negotiates his release.

Pretty short but sweet, really. I'm not saying it's the reason people should rush out and buy the DVDs, but it is cool to have.

Oh, and tonight's episodes rocked. Jack Bauer is my power animal.

1/15/2007, 11:32 AM
1)Opinions about the guy working closely with Chloe, who almost got the real terrorist to not turn the reformed terrorist over to the USA...

2)Why does Jack say(and apparently will say again tonight) "I don't think I can do this anymore"?

3)What all happened with the Chinese? Like why did they want Jack, and capture him in the first place? What did the USA do for the Chinese to get him back?

4)Is Peter McNichol a bad guy working for some enemy or another, or is he just someone who is power crazy?

TMcGee86
1/15/2007, 11:46 AM
1) I dont like the guy, I cant figure it out but they seem to want us to question his loyalty.

2) I guess getting the shiznit beat out of you for two years and not saying a word the whole time makes you somewhat put off by interrogating people anymore. hmmm...

3) Good question.

How sweet was the neck bite though? omg.

bri
1/15/2007, 11:58 AM
1) I assume you mean Chloe's ex(?)-husband? If so, he simply saw her hurting and wanted to try and help her. I don't think he's evil.

2) He's still suffering from being tortured by the Chinese for 20 months, then coming home and promptly being tortured by another set of bad guys.

3) Bad things, man. Bad things. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1758577&postcount=19)

4) I think he's just playing his usual "Peter MacNicol weaselly guy".

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 11:59 AM
3) The Chinese held Jack responsible for their ambassador being shot in the previous episode. Jack led a group of commandos into the Chinese embasy compound to extract someone. However, during the successful extraction, the Chinese ambassador (?) got shot.

So, at the end of last years show, the Chinese kidnapped Jack after he had saved the day, and took him off to China for some torture and entertainment. It was a fully compped vacation. The rooms were a bit less than 5 star, but the attention was overwhelming.

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 12:01 PM
2) IMO Jack tried to get info out of the one terrorist, then decided he "saw it in his eyes that he's telling all he knows", only to be one-upped by the "now good terrorist" who shoved a knife into his knee cap and got a bit more information.

Jack realized he was a bit out of practice in extracting info.

PDXsooner
1/15/2007, 12:10 PM
i hope jack's daughter makes some apprearances this year...

WILBURJIM
1/15/2007, 12:20 PM
1)The Brit accented comp whiz, he will not be popular, but he will save the day somehow this season and die.

2)Jack bit the bad guys neck. That proves he can still do it, he just needs a little practice hurting some bad guys.

3)Glad Jack didn't have to kill 1 billion Chinese in order to get back home, that would have been too bloody.

4)pfft, Profiling is bad.

5)The new CTU chick is smokin' hot. Nadia?

Soonrboy
1/15/2007, 12:25 PM
We are supposed to find out what happened to Jack in China through some "remembering" sequences.

1/15/2007, 12:44 PM
1) I assume you mean Chloe's ex(?)-husband?

Well, I did not know that fact.
I watched the show some back when it first started, years ago, but then stopped. Before last year's season began, I heard a lot of acclaim for the series, and started watching it again. I watched all of last year's shows, and am a 24 junkie, now.

SoonerBorn68
1/15/2007, 12:49 PM
Heh, I bet the "turn" tonight will be a nuke/dirty bomb.

soonersweetie
1/15/2007, 01:23 PM
I don't like Chloe's ex-husband. Not sure why, he just gives me the creeps.

I have a weird feeling about the romantic partner, husband? of Pres Palmer's sister. Something doesn't seem quite right there either.

It's so obvious that Chloe has it bad for Jack. Wonder when Audrey will show up?

bri
1/15/2007, 01:25 PM
I have it bad for Chloe. YAY, MAKEOVER! :D

1/15/2007, 01:29 PM
I don't like Chloe's ex-husband. Not sure why, he just gives me the creeps.

I have a weird feeling about the romantic partner, husband? of Pres Palmer's sister. Something doesn't seem quite right there either.

It's so obvious that Chloe has it bad for Jack. Wonder when Audrey will show up?Good stuff. I think Palmer's sister's company is going to be evil, and I'm not even sure if the FBI guys investigating that company are on the up-and-up.
Chloe is sexier than Audrey, but is also considerably stranger, too, IMO.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/15/2007, 01:31 PM
So did Peter MacNichol leave Numb3rs for the big light of 24? So that's why they have the living in the tunnels, going up to the ISS thread for 6+ months. Gets him off the show for the year and allows for him to return should he like.

Don't watch 24, is he playing a good or bad guy?

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 01:45 PM
Don't watch 24, is he playing a good or bad guy?

so far................a wennie

Sooner98
1/15/2007, 01:54 PM
1. He will be targetted for death by season's end.

2. He must be losing his ability to interrogate, after going through what he went through in China. However, as far as coming up with new and creative ways to kill people goes, he hasn't missed a beat. (Jack and the jugular was awesome)

3. See OUinFLA's answer, although the attack on the Chinese Embassy occured in Season 4, and Jack didn't actually shoot the Chinese consul - he was killed by friendly fire, but nevertheless they blamed it on Jack and his team. Then in Season 5, it wasn't much of an issue, until the last 15 or so minutes of the season, when he was kidnapped by the Chinese ninjas (are there Chinese ninjas?).

4. I think he'll end up being like Sean Astin's character in Season 5 was - a pure weasel most of the season, then does something heroic to save lots of people, and then die a horrible death.

Other thoughts:

- Karen Hayes looks great this year. Way to go, Bill Buchanan!
- I'm thinking Achmed is this season's Behrooz, only with a bad attitude.
- Jack sure gave himself a nice looking haircut in ten minutes, don't you think?
- From what I've read, tonight's episodes, especially the second one, is one of the best ones in the history of the show.
- Stay away from Chloe, Bri. She's mine. :D

bri
1/15/2007, 02:13 PM
Dude, she's my wallpaper on my cell. DIBS! ;)

tbl
1/15/2007, 03:34 PM
Merge?

tbl
1/15/2007, 03:41 PM
I wonder why they wouldn't mention the attempted escape? Maybe it'll come up in future episodes...

Beef
1/15/2007, 03:43 PM
5)The new CTU chick is smokin' hot. Nadia?
Smokin' hot is an understatement. And she has a nice pron name.

tbl
1/15/2007, 03:48 PM

It's so obvious that Chloe has it bad for Jack. Wonder when Audrey will show up?
I agree about the dude from the Matrix (Muslim center director). I'm sure something will come out eventually.

Chloe does not have it bad for Jack, not in a sexual way.

Audrey won't be showing up b/c the actor that plays her is on a CBS show, "The Nine".

SicEmBaylor
1/15/2007, 03:51 PM
Audrey won't be showing up b/c the actor that plays her is on a CBS show, "The Nine".

She has a clause in her contract with that show that allows her to simultaneously do 24 if she wants. She wouldn't take the job on The Nine unless they wrote that clause into her contract and they did.

And supposedly she is coming back for at least a few episodes this season.

GrapevineSooner
1/15/2007, 04:15 PM
Just as long as Kim is gone for good.

And sorry, I just can't see Kumar from H&KGTWC (aka Kal Penn) as a terrorist.

I half-expect Scott to beg for his life by offering to take ACHHHHHMED to White Castle for some sliders.

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 04:19 PM
Nadia = Marisol Nichols = Yummy !

http://images.zap2it.com/20040706/abc_upfronts04/blind_marisolnichols_2.jpg

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 04:26 PM
for those of you interested in getting the previous 5 episodes, here is a place that suggests you may get them for "free".

24 episode link (http://www.entertainment-rewardpath.com/rd_p?p=135203&t=3099&gift=22627&a=22627-271470004J)

bri
1/15/2007, 04:38 PM
And sorry, I just can't see Kumar from H&KGTWC (aka Kal Penn) as a terrorist.

that's what makes him such a good terrorist. ;)

Actually, I still think of him as Taj.

bri
1/15/2007, 04:42 PM
Well, it wasn't an attempted escape so much as a brilliant psychological ploy by the Chinese to get the information they wanted from Jack. Although I'm still a little fuzzy on how EXACTLY that worked out. The two "Americans" were working for the bad guys.

tbl
1/15/2007, 05:13 PM
for those of you interested in getting the previous 5 episodes, here is a place that suggests you may get them for "free".

24 episode link (http://www.entertainment-rewardpath.com/rd_p?p=135203&t=3099&gift=22627&a=22627-271470004J)
Dude... that's the same as one of those free Ipod offers. Sure they're free, but you have to complete around 6 of their promotions to do it, which usually end up being pricey stuff that you don't need.

Somebody posted a link here not too long ago to a website that had all kinds of free TV shows streaming on it. Can't remember what it was though...

Widescreen
1/15/2007, 06:19 PM
http://tv.peekvid.com/

I used it to watch last night's 24. The seem to have tonight's already too.

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 06:37 PM
http://tv.peekvid.com/

I used it to watch last night's 24. The seem to have tonight's already too.

WOW!
Thanks WS.

tbl
1/15/2007, 07:06 PM
00:54:36

Boop
Beep
Boop
Beep

Ruuuuuufus
1/15/2007, 08:49 PM
give me the component!

smash head

Mongo
1/15/2007, 09:51 PM
Poor Curtis. I liked the guy. Let a known jihadist or a Patriot live? Tough choice.

Ruuuuuufus
1/15/2007, 09:53 PM
boom goes the dynamite

Paperclip
1/15/2007, 10:01 PM
Holy crap! Double shockers tonight.

SicEmBaylor
1/15/2007, 10:07 PM
WOW!

mikeelikee
1/15/2007, 10:13 PM
Suitcase nuke! Ka-boom! Fayed is a bad, bad man! :(

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2007, 10:13 PM
i hope jack's daughter makes some apprearances this year...
Only if she's in a bikini:pop:

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2007, 10:15 PM
I have it bad for Chloe. YAY, MAKEOVER! :D
Oh, i'd hit it like she owed me $; with that attitude, she would have to be a tiger in the bedroom. :D

Sooner98
1/15/2007, 10:18 PM
NOOO, not Curtis! :(

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2007, 10:18 PM
She has a clause in her contract with that show that allows her to simultaneously do 24 if she wants. She wouldn't take the job on The Nine unless they wrote that clause into her contract and they did.

And supposedly she is coming back for at least a few episodes this season.
The Nine was on ABC, and i do mean was; i think it's already cancelled, which is a shame since that hispanic chick on there was freaking :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

tulsaoilerfan
1/15/2007, 10:19 PM
I read a review of this in USA Today on Friday, and they weren't kidding when it was stated that there would be a shocking ending to the 4th hour; all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!

tbl
1/15/2007, 10:22 PM
Why would they let Jack kill Curtis though? That's hardcore... Apparently those dudes don't know how to fire a non-lethal shot.

At least we get to get torture Jack back. Nothing like a mushroom cloud to set him over the edge.

soonerinabilene
1/15/2007, 10:25 PM
best show on television. holy crap that was a good one

tbl
1/15/2007, 10:26 PM
Looks like Matrix guy may not be a terrorist after all. I still don't like Palmers sister.... at ALL. I dislike her more than I dislike the terrorists at this point. :D

Mongo
1/15/2007, 10:28 PM
Why would they let Jack kill Curtis though? That's hardcore... Apparently those dudes don't know how to fire a non-lethal shot.

At least we get to get torture Jack back. Nothing like a mushroom cloud to set him over the edge.

The Pres signed off on the protection, but it aint right. Looked like Jack was shooting for his shoulder, but his acid riddled hand/lack of range time could have made him miss the target.

I expect Jack to go beyond ape**** on the next poor bastage that needs to get interrogated.

BEST. SHOW. EVAR>

Mongo
1/15/2007, 10:29 PM
Julain from Deep Space Nine plays a great terrorist

tbl
1/15/2007, 10:31 PM
Double shockers tonight.
http://www.lacoctelera.com/myfiles/int/Shocker.jpg http://www.serenataylor.com/FUNNY%20PERSONAL/shocker.jpg

tbl
1/15/2007, 10:34 PM
The Pres signed off on the protection, but it aint right. Looked like Jack was shooting for his shoulder, but his acid riddled hand/lack of range time could have made him miss the target.

I expect Jack to go beyond ape**** on the next poor bastage that needs to get interrogated.

BEST. SHOW. EVAR>
Oh yeah... Looks like the next in line is that nutsack that was pulling Logans strings like season.

Speaking of nutsacks, is Wayne Palmers sack completely void of any testicular activity? I mean good GRIEF man! Grow a pair! I haven't watched any of the Seasons where his brother was President, but I've heard David Palmer didn't take any mess from anybody.

That's it... I gotta watch the past seasons now. I'm into it enough as it is, but I want to start mainlining.

Ruuuuuufus
1/15/2007, 10:34 PM
would a grenade really blow up all that C-4? I know you can burn it and shoot bullets into it with very little chance of detonation.

anyways, if you want to see the first 10 minutes of episode 5, you can find it here: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v2035206DM9t9Ct

Mongo
1/15/2007, 10:38 PM
would a grenade really blow up all that C-4? I know you can burn it and shoot bullets into it with very little chance of detonation.

I was thinking with all that C4, the explosion wasnt BIG enough. I thought one high energy detonation would cause a massive chain reaction from crate to crate.

Lets get some and see if it is true

Paperclip
1/15/2007, 10:57 PM
I still don't like Palmers sister.... at ALL. I dislike her more than I dislike the terrorists at this point. :D

I'm still mad at her for not understanding the complex, yet working relationship of Lisa Bonet and Will Smith.

OUinFLA
1/15/2007, 10:58 PM
I cant confirm Curtis is dead.
Hope he isn't

My understanding is of the C4 is it is not very explosive if it is not compacted/contained.
But.................Im just a farmer.

bri
1/15/2007, 11:01 PM

Well, you have to remember that Curtis was wearing body armor and using Dr. Bashir for cover. Jack's only shot was pretty much the one he took.

Still, I hated to see it. I was one of the eight people who watched First Wave on Sci-Fi, so I was glad to see Roger Cross getting steady, respectable work. :D

DoubleDown
1/15/2007, 11:03 PM
Wayne Palmer?

Worst.
President.
EVAR!

bri
1/15/2007, 11:07 PM
Um, have you guys forgotten about CHARLES FRICKIN' LOGAN?!? I know you probably think Wayne Palmer's too liberal and indecisive, but at least he hasn't brokered the sale of chemical weapons to Russian seperatist terrorists or been involved in the assassination of a former President yet. ;)

Mongo
1/15/2007, 11:11 PM
Logan made regular vaginas look like penises, he was that BIG of a *****.

bri
1/15/2007, 11:13 PM
Heh, at least someone remembers last season. :D

1/15/2007, 11:13 PM
OK, I had to miss the firt half hour of tonight's 2 hr episode. Please, a summary of the first half hour. I came in when Pres. Palmer was told his sister was arrested. Thanks.

Ruuuuuufus
1/15/2007, 11:17 PM
OK, I had to miss the firt half hour of tonight's 2 hr episode. Please, a summary of the first half hour. I came in when Pres. Palmer was told his sister was arrested. Thanks.

http://tv.peekvid.com/s3048/e55460/

tbl
1/16/2007, 12:19 AM
Um, have you guys forgotten about CHARLES FRICKIN' LOGAN?!? I know you probably think Wayne Palmer's too liberal and indecisive, but at least he hasn't brokered the sale of chemical weapons to Russian seperatist terrorists or been involved in the assassination of a former President yet. ;)
Good point... but Palmer is still a vagina.

Sooner98
1/16/2007, 12:38 AM
Nadia = Marisol Nichols = Yummy !

http://images.zap2it.com/20040706/abc_upfronts04/blind_marisolnichols_2.jpg

BTW, she played Audrey Griswold in Vegas Vacation.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0629653/

PDXsooner
1/16/2007, 01:50 AM
24 just jumped the shark. killing curtis did it for me. makes no sense. what does jack stand for now?

bri
1/16/2007, 02:31 AM
It seems to me that Jack still stands for doing whatever it takes to protect America from those who would do us harm. Curtis was trying to settle a personal (and justified) score against the one person that can help CTU track down and stop the terrorists.

DoubleDown
1/16/2007, 06:39 AM
I just started watching the show so I'm not yet privy to some of the past Prez's. I just know Palmer folds like a cheap lawn chair.

BoogercountySooner
1/16/2007, 06:54 AM
Hoooray for me I watched this show for the first time tonight. Observations Jack's hands are crap, the prez needs to step down due to poor decision making and the moddle Eastern dude that helped em out and got immunity from the pres then Jack saved from the big black dude. He will come back and bite the pres in the arse in the near future.

Hopefully it was OK that I chimed in.

Sooner in Tampa
1/16/2007, 07:00 AM
24 just jumped the shark. killing curtis did it for me. makes no sense. what does jack stand for now?BOOO....24 has not jumped the shark...Jack has killed people in higher places than Curtis for the good of the cause. This is no different. Curtis had a beef, but he can resort to being a vigilante just because he doesn't agree with Presidential order. This ain't the first time some bad guy got a full pardon for switching sides.

tbl
1/16/2007, 08:46 AM
The reason Jacks hands are crap is b/c he was tortured by acid within the first hour this year. Apparently Kiefer will has to put that junk on his hands all season.

I agree that Assad might be playing games. I detect a capture of Fayed by hour 14-18, then Assad turns and keeps us occupied the remaining 6-8 hours. If they want to make it realistic, they'll make all the Muslim characters suicide bombers. ;)

OUinFLA
1/16/2007, 08:55 AM
I agree that Assad might be playing games. I detect a capture of Fayed by hour 14-18, then Assad turns and keeps us occupied the remaining 6-8 hours. If they want to make it realistic, they'll make all the Muslim characters suicide bombers. ;)

If that is true, then I predict that Curtis isn't really dead, as I saw no body bag, and in the end Curtis will get a chance to eleminate Assad. And Curtis and Jack will be friends again forever, both will get to "hit" Chloe and Nadia and they will life happily ever after. Just like all fairy tale endings. :D

tbl
1/16/2007, 09:13 AM
Good point... they never did bag Curtis, and when Bill talked to Jack he just said he heard what happened, but the words "Jack killed Curtis" were never uttered. Hopefully that's the case...

I think torture Jack will come to a climax then. Making him shoot one of his only friends, then go back to terrorist activities? All previous torture was childs play...

tulsaoilerfan
1/16/2007, 09:51 AM
I don't trust Assad either; i think this season's plot will reveal him as being the mastermind behind this all, and Jack will have to kill him at the end; remember, this show has a history with moles and unexpected bad guys and gals.

PDXsooner
1/16/2007, 10:36 AM
it's more the fact that with all the battles curtis and jack have been through, and as many times as curtis had jack's back. for jack to kill him makes me lose respect for his character. WEAK! the shark has been jumped!!!

Sooner in Tampa
1/16/2007, 11:12 AM
Curtis didn't have a problem turning Jack over to Fayed. It was for the good of the cause.

Czar Soonerov
1/16/2007, 11:16 AM
He would've been killed in the nucular explosion anyway.

tbl
1/16/2007, 11:38 AM
He would've been killed in the nucular explosion anyway.
Who? Curtis?

tbl
1/16/2007, 11:43 AM
Curtis didn't have a problem turning Jack over to Fayed. It was for the good of the cause.
That's a good point. No shark jumping. These guys all make very difficult decisions for the greater good.

1/16/2007, 01:00 PM
Anybody else feel "strange" about them letting a dirty nuke go off here at home? Don't quite know what to make of it, yet.

Sooner98
1/16/2007, 01:25 PM
That wasn't a dirty nuke, that was an actual nuke (suitcase-sized). A dirty nuke is just a regular explosion, which releases nuclear material/nuclear waste products.

1/16/2007, 01:28 PM
That wasn't a dirty nuke, that was an actual nuke (suitcase-sized). A dirty nuke is just a regular explosion, which releases nuclear material/nuclear waste products.Correction: it was a dirty DEED!

Sooner98
1/16/2007, 01:31 PM
Hoooray for me I watched this show for the first time tonight. Observations Jack's hands are crap, the prez needs to step down due to poor decision making and the moddle Eastern dude that helped em out and got immunity from the pres then Jack saved from the big black dude. He will come back and bite the pres in the arse in the near future.

Hopefully it was OK that I chimed in.

Careful Boog, you watch a couple more episodes and you will be hooked forever. Trust me, your Monday nights will soon have to be scheduled around 24.

bri
1/16/2007, 01:58 PM
Anybody else feel "strange" about them letting a dirty nuke go off here at home? Don't quite know what to make of it, yet.

Well, luckily I watched The Day After when I was a kid...so seeing a little baby mushroom cloud over the Valley really didn't faze me that much. ;)

1/16/2007, 02:03 PM
Well, luckily I watched The Day After when I was a kid...so seeing a little baby mushroom cloud over the Valley really didn't faze me that much. ;)Trying to remember the name of the movie about nuclear war that had Australia as the last place that was killed off. The song "Waltzing Matilda" was played a lot in the movie.

SicEmBaylor
1/16/2007, 02:03 PM
The entire show is shark jumping that's what made it so great; however, if you're intent on finding that "jumping the shark" moment then it has to be Kim Bauer and the cougar from season 2.

Sooner_Bob
1/16/2007, 02:28 PM
I really hope Curtis isn't gone . . .

Paperclip
1/16/2007, 02:54 PM
I really hope Curtis isn't gone . . .

I'm afraid he is.

http://pixelgroovy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/cowboy_curtis.jpg

tbl
1/16/2007, 03:17 PM
I think most of this stuff is pretty plausible... aside from a terrorist going from personally chopping off heads to working directly with infidels to kill his Muslim brothers. All the bad stuff is very likely... Like King said in that article, it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

CatHunter
1/16/2007, 04:46 PM
How would you like to be the guy that has to tell Jack he is under arrest? Last season he throat punched like 10 Cops, 5 US Marshalls and 3 CTU rent-a-cops.

1/16/2007, 06:31 PM
Trying to remember the name of the movie about nuclear war that had Australia as the last place that was killed off. The song "Waltzing Matilda" was played a lot in the movie.OK, it was "ON THE BEACH", and it was a da*n good movie. Remind me to watch it again.

Widescreen
1/18/2007, 06:27 PM
Well, it was inevitable.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/1/18/141101.shtml?s=ic

"The overwhelming impression you get is fear and hatred for Muslims," said Rabiah Ahmed, a spokeswoman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations. She said Thursday she was distressed by this season's premiere. "After watching that show, I was afraid to go to the grocery store because I wasn't sure the person next to me would be able to differentiate between fiction and reality."
If we're worried about people not being able to differentiate between fiction and reality, we really should just ban TV because there's all kinds of stuff on there that can be imitated.

OUinFLA
1/18/2007, 06:37 PM
Well, it was inevitable.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/1/18/141101.shtml?s=ic

If we're worried about people not being able to differentiate between fiction and reality, we really should just ban TV because there's all kinds of stuff on there that can be imitated.

Ive had no problem differentiating the girls in "America's Next Model" from the "Girls that I Dated".
So, I guess Im not too worried.

TMcGee86
1/18/2007, 06:56 PM
Well, luckily I watched The Day After when I was a kid...so seeing a little baby mushroom cloud over the Valley really didn't faze me that much. ;)

Anyone remember "By Dawn's Early Light?"

Pretty good movie about nuke war.

And I just found out Peter MicNichol was in it was well. crazy.

SicEmBaylor
1/18/2007, 07:11 PM
Anyone remember "By Dawn's Early Light?"

Pretty good movie about nuke war.

And I just found out Peter MicNichol was in it was well. crazy.

I have it on VHS!

1/18/2007, 07:34 PM
Any of you punk-kid whippersnappers seen "On the Beach"?

tbl
1/18/2007, 09:51 PM
Never seen it. Does it come highly recommended?

1/18/2007, 11:26 PM
Never seen it. Does it come highly recommended?I just remember that I really liked it, was sorta freaked out by it, and it was an adaptation of a best-selling novel. I was a kid then, junior high, but would like to see it again, now.
Another nuclear threat movie that got my attention was "Panic in the Year Zero". Might be something to watch on one of your nasty frozen-solid winter nights there in Oklahoma!

Sooner98
1/21/2007, 03:42 PM
The entire show is shark jumping that's what made it so great; however, if you're intent on finding that "jumping the shark" moment then it has to be Kim Bauer and the cougar from season 2.

No television show has officially jumped the shark, until Ted McGinley has joined the cast. If Mr. McGinley (the patron saint of television shark-jumping) is revealed as this season's terrorist mastermind, then I would start to worry.

tbl
1/21/2007, 03:50 PM
Is that the dude that was on Married w/children and was actually present for the original jumping of the shark? I think he was also the "bad guy" on Revenge of the Nerds.

I could have just IMDB'd it, but I'd rather type a small paragraph.

Another movie I've never seen but would really like to is 1984. It's not available on Netflix. Read the book but never saw the movie...

Sooner98
1/21/2007, 05:04 PM
Yep, that's him. Just look at all the TV shows he was briefly a part of, which were cancelled shortly after he joined:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569337/

OUinFLA
1/21/2007, 06:15 PM
Is that the dude that was on Married w/children and was actually present for the original jumping of the shark? I think he was also the "bad guy" on Revenge of the Nerds.

I could have just IMDB'd it, but I'd rather type a small paragraph.

Another movie I've never seen but would really like to is 1984. It's not available on Netflix. Read the book but never saw the movie...

the movie as amazingly near the book in dialogue. And, just as depressing.

tulsaoilerfan
1/21/2007, 08:43 PM
Let's get this back on track with 24 discussion, please.

tbl
1/21/2007, 08:49 PM
Believe me, it's gonna be full on 24 talk tomorrow. Tangents are okay on off time. ;)

Mongo
1/22/2007, 08:46 PM
So, is Curtis still alive?

tbl
1/22/2007, 09:48 PM
Doesn't look like Curtis is with us any more based on Chloes comment. That blows. It also looks like Palmers sister is still an annoying beotch. I seriously cannot stand her.

I'm hoping his Dad is Donald Sutherland. I still have 30 minutes left of the show.

SicEmBaylor
1/22/2007, 09:57 PM
Doesn't look like Curtis is with us any more based on Chloes comment. That blows. It also looks like Palmers sister is still an annoying beotch. I seriously cannot stand her.

I'm hoping his Dad is Donald Sutherland. I still have 30 minutes left of the show.

His dad is that Cromwell actor. The guy from "Babe."

SoonerBorn68
1/22/2007, 09:58 PM
So, is Curtis still alive?

Oh hell no. Jack done shot that boy daed. :)

tbl
1/22/2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, I saw that on the previews. Bummer. It'd have been pretty cool to have ole Don step in.

So.... it'll be interesting to see what level of involvement his dad is in, though it's probably pretty deep considering his brother was behind the whole Logan thing last year (and most likely Daddy was behind the brother). I just wonder how much dirt Jack is aware of.

I'm assuming that's Jacks son, thus the sentimental looks and bitterness from Gray.

OUinFLA
1/22/2007, 10:22 PM
I was shocked to find out who Jack's brother was!

tbl
1/22/2007, 10:24 PM
I think I was a little too shocked. It just seems like a stretch...

Mongo
1/22/2007, 10:33 PM
I was shocked to find out who Jack's brother was!

I Like it!!!
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/emil.jpg

tulsaoilerfan
1/22/2007, 11:33 PM
Damn jack is one cold blooded mofo!!! I also think the kid is Jack's son, and i wonder if Jack knows that fact? Wonder how long ago jack was bangin' his brother's future wife?

1/23/2007, 12:22 AM
I can't believe the Russian munitions scientist wants to keep himself and his American girlfriend around the LA area and the radiation just for some extra moolah!

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2007, 12:23 AM
I can't believe the Russian munitions scientist wants to keep himself and his American girlfriend around the LA area and the radiation just for some extra moolah!

I bet it's a lot of extra moolah.

tbl
1/23/2007, 12:50 AM
Russian? He sounded British to me...

tbl
1/23/2007, 12:51 AM
I bet it's a lot of extra moolah.
Yeah, $25 mill, courtesy of Wayne Palmer via the taxpayers.

1/23/2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah, $25 mill, courtesy of Wayne Palmer via the taxpayers.So, you're saying Fayed has the extra $25 million to spend that he's getting from the American govt.?

OUstudent4life
1/23/2007, 12:26 PM
Damn jack is one cold blooded mofo!!! I also think the kid is Jack's son, and i wonder if Jack knows that fact? Wonder how long ago jack was bangin' his brother's future wife?

Yeah, the kid is definitely Jack's. He's like 3 inches taller and has 1495% more hair than his "dad."

Who's the actress that plays the wife? It's driving me nuts.

tbl
1/23/2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, the kid is definitely Jack's. He's like 3 inches taller and has 1495% more hair than his "dad."

She's Nathan Petrelli's crippled wife on Heroes.

Jack & Gray are both short dudes, so that really doesn't factor into it.

tbl
1/23/2007, 12:35 PM
So, you're saying Fayed has the extra $25 million to spend that he's getting from the American govt.?
That was on the first episode this year. That was part of their agreement to turn over Assads location (when they thought Assad was the bad guy). Palmer caved and gave him $25 mil, plus some more perks.

1/23/2007, 12:47 PM
That was on the first episode this year. That was part of their agreement to turn over Assads location (when they thought Assad was the bad guy). Palmer caved and gave him $25 mil, plus some more perks.Cool, I didn't remember what Palmer gave Fayed for the Assad location info. However, I still can't believe ANYBODY would want to stick around nuclear radiation for any sum of money.

bri
1/23/2007, 01:16 PM
Well, the winds are blowing the fallout away from LA, so it's not that dangerous. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
1/23/2007, 01:23 PM
That was pretty sweet when Jack went all Lost Boys on that dude's neck.

Sooner98
1/23/2007, 01:43 PM

Rena Sofer:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0812133/

Sooner98
1/23/2007, 01:50 PM
It also looks like Palmers sister is still an annoying beotch. I seriously cannot stand her.

Yep, Rod Tidwell's wife is really annoying the crap out of me. I thought she was going to blow the whole sting operation in the internment camp.

bri
1/23/2007, 01:59 PM
I think the sting operation is already blown. You could read it in the terrorist's face when old boy mentioned Fayed's name. I look for him to be stabbied by the internment cell within two hours.

tbl
1/23/2007, 05:00 PM
I think the sting operation is already blown. You could read it in the terrorist's face when old boy mentioned Fayed's name. I look for him to be stabbied by the internment cell within two hours.
Oh MAN I hope not... then that will prove the Palmer skank right... and we thought she was bad before.

That was pretty sweet when Jack went all Lost Boys on that dude's neck.
That's exactly what I told my wife as soon as I saw it. Great minds and all that... Now if we can only get the Frog brothers to make an appearance... or one of the Cory's.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2007, 05:12 PM
It's a toss up now on Jack Bauer's greatest moment. The neck bite or "I'm gonna need a hacksaw..."

Sooner98
1/23/2007, 06:45 PM
I don't know, I kind of liked last season when he broke that guy's neck, using only his legs.

Paperclip
1/23/2007, 10:30 PM
My favorite line of all last season was, "The only reason you're conscious right now is because I don't feel like carrying you."
"I'm gonna need a hacksaw" is the early front-runner for this season.

tbl
1/23/2007, 10:31 PM
I think we're all missing the most unrealistic part of the entire show. I don't ever see the American people electing a man for President, regardless of race, if they have this growing on their face.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/Wpwaynepalmer.jpg/200px-Wpwaynepalmer.jpg
I mean seriously... it's not even a good goatee. It's borderline molester.

bri
1/23/2007, 10:44 PM
I just want to believe in an America where the former principal of Sunnydale High School can go on to become President of the United States. :D

Mongo
1/23/2007, 10:47 PM
I think we're all missing the most unrealistic part of the entire show. I don't ever see the American people electing a man for President, regardless of race, if they have this growing on their face.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/Wpwaynepalmer.jpg/200px-Wpwaynepalmer.jpg
I mean seriously... it's not even a good goatee. It's borderline molester.

Eh hem. Chester would be angry at you.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/caa.jpg

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2007, 10:49 PM
Wayne Palmer is to David Palmer as Robert Kennedy would have been to John Kennedy.

tbl
1/23/2007, 10:50 PM
Eh hem. Chester would be angry at you.
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/hobbs70/caa.jpg
One can't deny the power of that frock of facial hair. No comparison at all...

tbl
1/23/2007, 10:51 PM
Wayne Palmer is to David Palmer as Robert Kennedy would have been to John Kennedy.
I don't know... I think RFK was a pretty sharp dude. I don't agree much with his politics, but he was definitely no Teddy.

SicEmBaylor
1/23/2007, 10:54 PM
I don't know... I think RFK was a pretty sharp dude. I don't agree much with his politics, but he was definitely no Teddy.

I wasn't really talking about IQ. RFK was very sharp. Teddy is the least sharp of the Kennedy brothers. He'd be better but I think the alcohol really has done some damage and that's not a joke.

1/24/2007, 12:40 AM
Teddy is the least sharp of the Kennedy brothers. He'd be better but I think the alcohol really has done some damage and that's not a joke.Just how the he*l do you think Teddy would be better if he wasn't alcoholic. I don't see a sober manslaughtering marxist as appreciably different than a drunk one.

SicEmBaylor
1/24/2007, 01:12 AM
Just how the he*l do you think Teddy would be better if he wasn't alcoholic. I don't see a sober manslaughtering marxist as appreciably different than a drunk one.

I don't mean his ideology. He wouldn't be any better politically, but he'd be much sharper on his ideas and reasoning. As it is, the guy is totally incapable of saying anything of any intelligence unless it is written down on a piece of paper by his staff first.

tbl
1/29/2007, 11:32 PM
Was it just me, or was Jack calling him Gray the entire time, then all of a sudden it's Graham? Either way, I look forward to some good torture next week. Nice!

Unfortunately, Palmers sister now has tons of ammo to keep her in the plotline.

Paperclip
1/29/2007, 11:37 PM
And silly me thought Sherry would be my least favorite Palmer. I stand corrected.

Mongo
1/29/2007, 11:37 PM
Do not trust Jack's father, he will try to bang younger chicks and expose the lower half of his *** from a young girl's sweater.

I did not notice the Gray/Graham thing.

Anyone else think that this season is the last?

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2007, 11:41 PM
Do not trust Jack's father, he will try to bang younger chicks and expose the lower half of his *** from a young girl's sweater.

I did not notice the Gray/Graham thing.

My guess is that "Gray" is simply a nickname for Graham.

tbl
1/29/2007, 11:45 PM
Nope. Keifs signed a contract for 3 more days.

tbl
1/29/2007, 11:47 PM
That's obviously what it is, but I've never heard of that before. Any Grahams I know are Grahams and Grays are Grays. I call for shark jump.

Mongo
1/29/2007, 11:48 PM

That's what I was thinking, but TBL is way too in tune to 24 to catch the tiny little things.

I bet TBL is carrying an over-the-shoulder pack too. It contains his remote, cell phone, and a piano wire:D

tbl
1/30/2007, 08:18 AM
Surprisingly, I've still only seen last season and this season. Never seen 1-4.

Soonrboy
1/30/2007, 09:25 AM
At the beginning of the show, when they are showing everyone's names, Jack's brother was Graem Bauer. We thought he kept calling him Greg

bri
1/30/2007, 10:08 AM
I agree that Palmer's sister is only going to be more annoying now that Walid got bitch-kicked in the playground. It's kind of disappointing that was the most action we got in this episode. ;)

OUinFLA
1/30/2007, 01:27 PM
Yea, Im really dissappointed when Jack doesnt rips someone's heart out and make them eat it while it is still beating.
Maybe he'll get to do that with his brother.

Sooner98
1/30/2007, 02:00 PM
Okay, I think we all knew that Jack would be able to escape from Graem's goons, but did they have to basically show us the entire sequence in last night's promos for next week, along with Jack's subsequent re-capture and re-torture of Graem himself? Did anyone else think they showed us too much? Unless of course, they are about to reveal an even bigger story/twist next week, which is entirely possible.

Also, and I apologize if someone's mentioned this, but I realized where else I had seen that FBI guy who has been talking with sister Palmer. They showed Good Will Hunting on TV the other night, and he is the guy in the bar that they almost got into it with, that Minnie Driver called the "Michael Bolton clone".

OUinFLA
1/30/2007, 06:07 PM
Jack could take Michael Bolton with both hands tied behind his back.

1/30/2007, 06:38 PM
Here in PHX we had an amber alert come on with all the "24" audio knocked out during the time when Jack is captured by his father and brother. I missed the entire explanation of what the dad and brother were up to, and the sound came back on when dad told a goon to let Jack go, and the brother said "no, dad, I'm in charge here, and you and Jack are MY captives."
Somebody say what happened, please.

OUinFLA
1/30/2007, 06:56 PM
Dad said he was trying to handle the problem himself.
Wanted to protect his "bad seed" from prosecution for the screw up on the bombs getting lost.

1/30/2007, 07:11 PM
Dad said he was trying to handle the problem himself.
Wanted to protect his "bad seed" from prosecution for the screw up on the bombs getting lost.thanks

Sooner98
2/6/2007, 01:30 PM
Okay, I think we all knew that Jack would be able to escape from Graem's goons, but did they have to basically show us the entire sequence in last night's promos for next week, along with Jack's subsequent re-capture and re-torture of Graem himself? Did anyone else think they showed us too much? Unless of course, they are about to reveal an even bigger story/twist next week, which is entirely possible.

Looks like I was onto something here. Great episode last night, with a jaw-dropping twist at the end. Who woulda thunk Jack's dad was that psychotically evil?

bri
2/6/2007, 02:58 PM
You've gotta figure that anyone who'll enter a talking piglet in a sheepdog contest is a little crazy.

tbl
2/6/2007, 04:08 PM
I knew he was a bad guy, but killing his own son was too over the top. I mean that's just hardcore.

tulsaoilerfan
2/6/2007, 04:24 PM
I knew he was a bad guy, but killing his own son was too over the top. I mean that's just hardcore.
What if he's not dead?He could possibly be revived cause he sure called the CTU people back in there quickly. :pop:

tbl
2/6/2007, 04:29 PM
Regardless, he tried to kill him. He had to call in CTU to avoid any suspicion. It would be cool if Gray did come back and the Bauer boys finally got to take on the old man.

bri
2/6/2007, 05:37 PM
More likely, it's be a three-way-dance, with everyone trying to take the other two guys out.

Jack has one ****ed-up family. I'd fake my own death to get away from those freaks too. :D

OUinFLA
2/6/2007, 06:39 PM
Jack has one ****ed-up family. I'd fake my own death to get away from those freaks too. :D

I find that hard to believe, you put up with all us freaks here in SO, without suggesting it is causing you fatal thoughts.

bri
2/6/2007, 06:51 PM
Well, I did disappear for nine months. ;)

OUinFLA
2/6/2007, 06:57 PM
that's about the same length of time a woman carries a baby isnt it?

bri
2/6/2007, 07:58 PM
And I did come back lighter. :D

tbl
2/6/2007, 09:56 PM
And you do have a vagina. :D

Sooner98
2/6/2007, 10:33 PM
You've gotta figure that anyone who'll enter a talking piglet in a sheepdog contest is a little crazy.

Yeah, we all knew Farmer Hoggett was a little different, but who knew he had first-degree murder in him? :D

tbl
2/12/2007, 09:50 PM
That guy is one sorry SOB. In one day, he was going to let Jack die, and since that didn't work, he killed his other son. Please let Jack get wise pretty quick so he can get to torturing that old sack of ****.

tbl
2/12/2007, 09:52 PM
Friggin Chloe just HAD to tell Morris his brother was hurt, against the advice of Milo. Friggin wussy Morris. Couldn't take a few drill holes to the arm.

Sooner98
2/12/2007, 10:10 PM
Holy crap, Day Six is getting good. How many satanically evil people can they possibly cram into one season?

The whole political scenario around Wayne Palmer up until now has actually been kind of boring, but this assassination plot has made it particularly intriguing now. Who is this new guy that Reid is talking to?

Oh, and it just hit me that the VP is the same guy who was the Air Force pilot who was shot down in Red Dawn. WOLVERINES!!!

tbl
2/12/2007, 10:30 PM
The VP has played some creepy characters in other movies.

Stinking old man Bauer.

2/13/2007, 12:45 AM

Stinking old man Bauer.Seems to me he is almost always cast as some smarmy guy(Powers Booth). I don't evar remember him playing a positive role.
I just want Jack's father to go down. Nobody should have a relative that evil.

bri
2/13/2007, 01:59 AM

When he first appeared, I started calling him Vice President Roarke. :D

Chloe makes my wang move when she starts yelling and smacking people.

tbl
2/13/2007, 08:07 AM
I've never found her attractive. Evar.

Soonrboy
2/13/2007, 10:15 AM
How long before we find out that Jack's nephew is really his son?

That may have been mentioned before in this thread.

tbl
2/13/2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I brought it up. We'll find out on this day, I'm sure.

2/13/2007, 10:52 AM
How long before we find out that Jack's nephew is really his son?

That may have been mentioned before in this thread.Since when does Jack have time for coitis?

bri
2/13/2007, 11:06 AM
All the other days of his life?

I can't help but hear that soap opera announcer voice in my head during the whole "Milo/Jack's ex in peril" part saying Due to illness, the part of Kim Bauer will be played by these two...

2/13/2007, 11:10 AM
Anyone know what Jack's REAL job is? Has he always worked for the govt.?

bri
2/13/2007, 11:22 AM
Seems that way. Ol' Blue Eyes made reference last night to Jack leaving home 20 years ago to join the military; one can assume that once he finished his service there, he continued his career in various law enforcement/goverment agencies.

tbl
2/13/2007, 01:10 PM
Through multiple violations of the Kyoto treaty while in the military, he proved he had the sand to be a top agent for CTU.

Here's his bio:
EXPERIENCE:
Department of Defense, Washington DC – Special Assistant to the Secretary of Defense
CTU – Director of Field Operations, Los Angeles Domestic Unit
CTU – Former Special Agent in Charge, Los Angeles Domestic Unit
Los Angeles PD - Special Weapons and Tactics

EDUCATION:
LASD - Basic SWAT School
Master of Science, Criminology and Law - University of California (Berkeley)
Bachelor of Arts, English Literature - University of California (Los Angeles)
Special Forces Operations Training Course

MILTARY:
US Army - Combat Applications Group, Delta Force Counter Terrorist Group

PERSONAL:
Widowed
Daughter - Kimberly Bauer

tbl
2/20/2007, 10:56 AM
Not only is Logan back on the scene, but Jack has his PDA back. Now he can start getting some answers....

Mixer!
2/20/2007, 12:17 PM
Isn't Jack on his third phone now?

Widescreen
2/20/2007, 12:21 PM
It's going to be interesting to see what will happen to Tom (P. McNichol).

bri
2/20/2007, 01:11 PM
Chad Lowe is, quite possibly, the gayest assassin ever. Even gayer than the two guys from Diamonds Are Forever, and those guys were ACTUALLY gay. :D

Soonrboy
2/20/2007, 01:15 PM
New drinking point for the 24 drinking game..

"Bill, this is Jack."

bri
2/20/2007, 02:11 PM
Jesus, Morris would be passed out under his desk in about 20 minutes if you used that one...

tbl
2/20/2007, 04:40 PM
Morris is the puss of all pusses. Stupid Chloe... they need to get rid of Morris b/c he weakens her significantly. Last year she was balls to the wall TCB. Morris is such a puss, it's making me like Milo.

tulsaoilerfan
2/20/2007, 06:38 PM
New drinking point for the 24 drinking game..

"Bill, this is Jack."
Yah, you would think they would have caller id:D

bri
2/20/2007, 06:54 PM
yeah, but Jack's on a different phone every 15 minutes.

tbl
2/26/2007, 11:33 PM
I am TIRED of the Morris/Chloe thing. That dude needs to go... He's making Chloe actually act like a woman.

tbl
2/26/2007, 11:36 PM
How about Logan? That dude is up to something.

OUinFLA
2/26/2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah, house arrest on his estate has to be a miserable way to live.
He appears to be suffering terribly.

tbl
2/27/2007, 12:05 AM
Well, he did have a beard.

Widescreen
2/28/2007, 01:26 AM
Anyone else have serious video dropouts? I was watching the HD delivered via Dish and it was probably the worst video dropouts I've ever seen.

bri
2/28/2007, 06:23 PM
How about Logan? That dude is up to something.

Apparently, "redemption" is code for "I'm trying to get my big-bootied Designing Woman back". :D

tbl
3/5/2007, 11:29 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! Jack back to doing cool stuff like using cigar cutters to get the answers he wants...

Great hour.

bri
3/5/2007, 11:48 PM
Holy crap, Jack f*cked that bitch up!

and then reverted back to being the Jack of this season by walking towards the door before calling the intel in to Bill. What the hell did he think he was gonna do, just walk out?

tbl
3/6/2007, 12:27 AM

and then reverted back to being the Jack of this season by walking towards the door before calling the intel in to Bill. What the hell did he think he was gonna do, just walk out?
Exactly. That made zero sense... other than giving CTU reason to blow the mess out of the Russian Consulate.

Regardless, that was a good one. Jack was creatively getting answers... Morris wasn't whining... Chloe was back to sneaking stuff for Jack... Bill was protecting Jack... and Wayne Palmers sister has still not come back on the show. All good things.

Sooner in Tampa
3/6/2007, 06:58 AM

and then reverted back to being the Jack of this season by walking towards the door before calling the intel in to Bill. What the hell did he think he was gonna do, just walk out?HEH...Jack does that crap all the time.

And then the Ruskie was going to help decides to step into the hallway and call CTU...with nobody watching his back :mad:

The cigar cutter was CLASSIC!!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
3/6/2007, 07:40 PM
Agreed on both points above, especially the point about Jack; there is no way on Earth he would walk towards that door before letting CTU know what he found out; just a stupid, unnecessary plot twist to help fill the rest of the day out.

bri
3/6/2007, 07:46 PM
Oh, and as soon as the Russkie lackey agreed to call CTU for Jack and left the room, I turned to my roommate and said, "yeah, he's dead".

I don't really like it when I can nail what's going to happen on 24 that easily. :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
3/6/2007, 07:53 PM
Oh, and as soon as the Russkie lackey agreed to call CTU for Jack and left the room, I turned to my roommate and said, "yeah, he's dead".

I don't really like it when I can nail what's going to happen on 24 that easily. :mad:
Yeah, why didn't he just stay in the room and make the call? What a maroon