PDA

View Full Version : Boop, Beep

Pages : 1 [2]

Sooner in Tampa
3/6/2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah, why didn't he just stay in the room and make the call? What a maroonHe's a Ruskie....NTTAWWT :D

tbl
3/6/2007, 10:56 PM
He should have just went to pinch a loafsky and forced Bill Buchanan to hear the bathroom echo.

Sooner in Tampa
3/13/2007, 05:55 AM
Apparently, "redemption" is code for "I'm trying to get my big-bootied Designing Woman back". :DHEH...who is nuttier than a Christmas fruitcake.

But...she did save the country from a war with the Ruskies. :)

tbl
3/13/2007, 10:18 AM
So Logan getting wacked by his wife was the most shocking moment in 24 history??? The promos said something to that effect...

Not enough Jack in this episode.

Curly Bill makes a pretty dirty President...
http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/612capture_tombstone03.jpg

Sooner in Tampa
3/13/2007, 11:13 AM
So Logan getting wacked by his wife was the most shocking moment in 24 history??? The promos said something to that effect...

Not enough Jack in this episode.

Curly Bill makes a pretty dirty President...
http://www.theboxset.com/images/reviewcaptures/612capture_tombstone03.jpgI don't know about shocking...mildly suprised maybe.

I agree, Jack was pretty absent last night.

Curly Bill is just war monging liar. It is about to get REALLY good.

bri
3/13/2007, 01:28 PM
That's why you shouldn't trust Cowboys.

And the hour was fairly Jack-free because an hour of him crouching in a room, hiding from Russkies would be hella boring.

And Martha is a f*ckin' LOON.

tbl
3/13/2007, 01:41 PM
That's why you shouldn't trust Cowboys.

And the hour was fairly Jack-free because an hour of him crouching in a room, hiding from Russkies would be hella boring.

And Martha is a f*ckin' LOON.
I know... but they could have changed the storyline a little bit to include some classic Bauer torture. Instead of dude getting the phone out of love for the girl, it could have been b/c Jack had one of his testicles and would promise to solder it back on if he brought him the phone... Otherwise he'd hunt him down and take the other one.

Martha reminded me of some of the women in my family. Very comforting to see that on television...

bri
3/13/2007, 03:33 PM
Dude, we just HAD some classic Bauer torture the last hour. You can't overdo the torture...just ask the Bush Administration. :D

Besides, if you had Jack waterboarding lackeys every hour on the hour, it'd be just as predictable as Walker, Texas Ranger. You knew every week that you didn't have to pay attention; just wait for the spin-kick.

Sooner in Tampa
3/13/2007, 03:35 PM
Dude, we just HAD some classic Bauer torture the last hour. You can't overdo the torture...just ask the Bush Administration. :D

Besides, if you had Jack waterboarding lackeys every hour on the hour, it'd be just as predictable as Walker, Texas Ranger. You knew every week that you didn't have to pay attention; just wait for the spin-kick.Party foul...you can nevar mention Texas Ranger in the same thread as 24 :hot:

bri
3/19/2007, 09:32 PM
Heh, I love how there was so much stuff going on, the stabbing of the former President by his whack-job ex-wife and apparent death wasn't even mentioned. That's some excellent storytelling, gang. :D

mikeelikee
3/19/2007, 10:26 PM
Anyone see tonight's (3/19) show? Man, Powers Boothe wants to kick some towel-head arse!

Sooner98
3/19/2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah, WTF happened to Logan?? You would think the imminent death of a former President of the United States would be big news. Not only for the viewers of the show, but also if it happened in real life. :confused:

Sooner98
3/19/2007, 11:00 PM
Also, I can't wait for Day Seven to see Jack single-handedly bring down the People's Republic of China for what they did to Audrey.

tbl
3/19/2007, 11:01 PM
Audrey won't be showing up b/c the actor that plays her is on a CBS show, "The Nine".
Heh??? What'd I say????

Bad career move, chick. Is "The Nine" even on any more???

tbl
3/19/2007, 11:03 PM
Heh, I love how there was so much stuff going on, the stabbing of the former President by his whack-job ex-wife and apparent death wasn't even mentioned. That's some excellent storytelling, gang. :D
Bah... So what? There are more important things going on. They got what they needed from Logan, and there are nuclear bombs in the air. They'll deal with the Logan thing later.... or not.

tbl
3/19/2007, 11:26 PM
BTW, WHERE THE MESS IS JACK?!?!?!? All this crap of letting the supporting cast carry the show is weak sauce. I was hoping to see Jack lasso the drone and ride it like a wild stallion.

and watch out... Jack got his PDA... and you're right, day 7 is already set. Get ready to Wang Chung.

Sooner98
3/19/2007, 11:47 PM
Bad career move, chick. Is "The Nine" even on any more???

Cancelled.

bri
3/19/2007, 11:52 PM
Anyone see tonight's (3/19) show? Man, Powers Boothe wants to kick some towel-head arse!

At this point, I'm trying to figure out which South Oval poster Veep Curly Bill is. Personally, I think he's simply overcompensating for being named "Noah". :D

soonerinabilene
3/26/2007, 08:06 PM
gawd dangit my local fox station sux!!! a freakin sprinkle and the dang tower goes out!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Mixer!
3/26/2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, Jack handled that special needs guy like a pro. Even talked him through that sting operation like it was no big deal. Who knew?

bri
3/27/2007, 12:39 AM
That's why Jack Bauer is teh win.

Watching Vice President Curly Bill tonight was a chilling vision of what it would be like if the South Oval ever got the bomb. :D

tbl
4/2/2007, 11:31 PM
What the mess is up with Jacks complete lack of involvement the past couple of hours? It looks like he'll finally get back into it next week, but good grief man...

tbl
4/9/2007, 11:27 PM
Freaking Jack is BACK!!! With a vengeance!!! Best episode of the season, by far. Wayne Palmer came out looking like a pretty cool cat as well. Eh nice!

Fraggle145
4/9/2007, 11:40 PM
Watching 24 on TV is teh suck, I am waiting for the DVDs next time. That said, jack and the prez did some serious pwning tonight. Next week I hope that stupid Doyle gets smoked.

tbl
4/9/2007, 11:42 PM
Whoa baby... I made my original post 5 minutes before it was over. That was a pretty loaded 5 minutes... and a very well timed call for some more action. ;)

I mean, come on... That was a little ridiculous... but I'll take it!

bri
4/10/2007, 12:58 AM
Win and Awesome had a baby, and they named it Jack Bauer.

Mixer!
4/10/2007, 11:24 AM
I loved how Doyle looked at all the post-fight carnage, and stood in awe in the presence of a bigger badass than himself.

bri
4/10/2007, 11:52 AM
Yeah, he had that look of "F*ck, I have a friggin' tac team and I couldn't do all that in five minutes" on his face. :D

Sooner98
4/10/2007, 01:08 PM
As long as Doyle fully understands the awesomeness that is Jack Bauer, I don't really have a problem with him.

I had a feeling that Audrey might still be alive. Poor Chang probably has no idea what's about to happen to him. I can't wait to see what Jack has in store for him. Hopefully Jack will slowly lower him upside down into a pool of mutant, ill-tempered sea bass, shortly after extracting all of his teeth without any anesthesia.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/17/2007, 02:17 PM
Well, Jack is not to be trusted any more, even though he saved the world from destruction. Poor Peter McNichol, now that the VP is again in charge. What a mess!

Sooner98
4/17/2007, 06:29 PM
I loved Doyle's last line last night "You can't go against the White House, Jack!"

Um, apparently he doesn't know very much about Jack, does he?

Mixer!
4/23/2007, 09:46 PM
Way to go Doyle, Jack had the situation under control until you rode in on your little train and blew it.

On another note: wow, lots of angst between the couples this week (Chloe/Miles, Nadia/Milo, Karen/Bill). Lots of padding this season, and dangling plotlines.

Fraggle145
4/23/2007, 09:49 PM
I am not that happy with this season... There has not been near enough pwnage. All this love stuff is ghey filler. I can think of one good show, when jack pwned fayed and everyone near him. I am never watching 24 during the season again, it is teh suck. Watching on the DVDs straight through is the way to go.

bri
4/24/2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah, stupid plot and storytelling and crap. I just wanna see sh*t blowed up!!!

:D

Fraggle145
5/7/2007, 09:02 PM
Bout time someone bought the farm. that was an uber pwn.

mikeelikee
5/7/2007, 09:42 PM
Adios, Miles. He got it right in the forehead, just like what Chris did to the dude last night in the Sopranos. Splat!

tulsaoilerfan
5/7/2007, 10:09 PM
Guess that makes Nadia's decision about who to sleep with when this is all over a lot easier

Fraggle145
5/7/2007, 10:17 PM
Guess that makes Nadia's decision about who to sleep with when this is all over a lot easier

I want that dumb bitch to take one in the face. :mad:

Sooner98
5/7/2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah, that's one less love-triangle we have to endure, on a show that should be strictly about pwning terrorists.

BTW, CTU might wanna think about beefing up its security. It has now been successfully attacked/breached in 50% of the six seasons of 24.

bri
5/7/2007, 11:23 PM

Yeah, I think Milo did, too.

SKEET, SKEET, SKEET!!! :D

And I don't want to tell the braintrust behind 24 how to handle their 'bidness', but if you want to have the big GOTCHA, BITCHES! moment at the end of the show when you reveal that Papa Bauer is once again the shadowy figure pulling the strings...don't list "James Cromwell" with the guest stars at the beginning of the episode. It brings to mind how Kevin Spacey refused to be listed in the opening credits of Seven or even be associated with the movie prior to its release so as not to tip off the audience that he was John Doe.

tbl
5/8/2007, 08:36 AM
Them killing Milo made no sense. They kill the guy, then all of a sudden they NEED the acting head of CTU to cover for them when a field agent calls in. DUMB

BTW, I totally agree about the love triangle crap. What the mess is this, Knots Landing? My wife loves the show, and the love story lines erk her just as much as they do me.

tulsaoilerfan
5/8/2007, 03:18 PM
Dumb bitch or not, i would give her one in the face any day of the week. :D

mikeelikee
5/16/2007, 10:56 PM
I can't believe how far this thread has fallen. What's everyone's take on the latest episode? Is Jack going to have to "off" his Dad?

Sooner98
5/16/2007, 11:27 PM
Maybe, in a "...and they all lived happily ever after" type of ending, Jack will kill his dad, disembowel Cheng, save Josh, recover the component, turn it over to the Russians, Buchanan is re-instated as head of CTU, he makes up with Karen, Chloe and Morris make up, Wayne wakes up from his coma, dogs and cats live together, blah blah blah. Probably not all going to happen, given the track record of this show, but I definitely foresee some sort of showdown between Jack and daddy.

Personally, I'd prefer the "Scooby Doo" ending:

Jack: "Well, I guess that wraps everything up, but let's just see who the real terrorist mastermind is..."

Jack rips "mask" off of his dad's head, revealing Behrooz from Season 4

Behrooz: "That's right, it's me! And I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling agents!"

:D

Mixer!
5/17/2007, 09:43 AM
This season winds up being Jack's fevered dream - he's still rotting away in the Chinese prison.

bri
5/17/2007, 10:15 AM
I want Day 7 to be 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds of him torturing Chang followed by 1 second of him putting a bullet in his head.

And then everyone who complained that there wasn't enough "Jack action" this season will complain that there's not enough ancillary storylines. :D

tulsaoilerfan
5/20/2007, 10:22 AM
This season winds up being Jack's fevered dream - he's still rotting away in the Chinese prison.
Now that would really **** me off. :mad:

bri
5/20/2007, 03:13 PM
Well, judging by this thread...everything this season ****es you off.

Mixer!
5/21/2007, 10:07 PM
So day 6 ends with a whisper. Great interplay between Jack and Heller over Audrey, and Jack's chosen life. Heller really nailed him with the "you won't able to quit the game, and you'll never be able to keep her safe" line. That final shot of Jack looking down and out across the water really drove the man adrift plot point well. Whether or not anyone will still care come next January remains to be seen (I'll watch).

Top groaners:
3. Cheng's "my country won't forget about me like you did Jack Bowwah"
2. Philip Bauer's hacking into CTU explained with a deus ex machina
1. Chloe's pregnancy

Here's hoping that Daniels & Lennox will be back for day 7 if Jack's not on foreign soil. Let the rest of the characters fade to black.

mikeelikee
5/21/2007, 10:36 PM
I think during Day 7, we will learn, among other things, that Jack's nephew Josh is really his son.

Sooner98
5/21/2007, 11:59 PM
Who else thought, if only for a second, that Jack was about to jump over the railing and end it all?

Overall, an enjoyable season, with a good ending. The only thing in the end that bugs me is: what the heck happened with Prez Logan??? Dead? Alive? Severely incapacitated? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Not sure what else they can do with this show, without being too redundant. I predict two more seasons, and then it's done. I also like the "Josh is Jack's son" possible plotline.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/22/2007, 12:14 AM
Does anyone think Jack's father is dead?

bri
5/22/2007, 12:21 AM
Nope. Jack's father had plenty of time to drag his sorry carcass onto the raft and rendevous with the Chinese sub before it was "recalled" to base...with the sub-circuit board intact.

hurricane'bone
5/22/2007, 12:53 AM
2. Philip Bauer's hacking into CTU explained with a deus ex machina

:confused:

I must have missed this...what happened?

soonersweetie
5/22/2007, 02:56 PM
I also think Josh is Jack's son. It will be interesting to see how that plays out, if it does.

I also didn't think for a minute he would jump last night. It was kind of sad to see the resolution in his face when he was talking to Audrey.

Sooner in Tampa
5/22/2007, 05:04 PM
An average season. Some of the episodes had too much precitability to them. I am also tired of some CTU type telling Jack..."Sorry Jack, you were right."

I agree with Bri...Jack's dad got off of that platform, but I think in true 24 fashion, he will not return next season. Jack's dad will come back in the season after.

bri
5/22/2007, 08:38 PM
I thought we had shot down the "Josh is Jack's son" hooey back in the middle of the season with simple math. Since they kept mentioning that Jack had left home and joined the military 20 years ago, it's unpossible for Josh to be his son.

You know, unless his mom managed to carry him for, like, four years.

tulsaoilerfan
5/22/2007, 09:45 PM
I thought we had shot down the "Josh is Jack's son" hooey back in the middle of the season with simple math. Since they kept mentioning that Jack had left home and joined the military 20 years ago, it's unpossible for Josh to be his son.

You know, unless his mom managed to carry him for, like, four years.
Maybe he hit it once while he was on leave after a night at drunkytown; you never know. :D