PDA

View Full Version : GHP

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2007, 02:22 PM
Finally got around to trying that Art of Shaving stuff. Forgot to pack my shaving stuff when I went to AZ so I grabbed a little gift pack with the pre-shave oil, cream, aftershave balm, and badger brush.

That stuff is awesome. Truly awesome. My face feels better than it has in years.

Jeopardude
1/14/2007, 02:31 PM
I got a shave in New York at The Art of Shaving. It was an awesome once-in-a-lifetime shave.

The brush they sell is particularly nice.

GottaHavePride
1/14/2007, 02:31 PM
Hehehe. I've enver actually bought anything from Art of Shaving - I always think they want too damn much money. But yeah, having good-quality shaving stuff makes a TON of difference.

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2007, 02:32 PM
I got a shave in New York at The Art of Shaving. It was an awesome once-in-a-lifetime shave.

The brush they sell is particularly nice.

You mean they actually have locations where you can go in and get a shave? That's awesome.

OUAndy1807
1/14/2007, 02:46 PM
I need a shaving set that doesn't cost $100. Where are the face products for us budget minded men? Anyone got any recommendations?

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2007, 02:51 PM
I had pretty decent results with Brave Soldier products, which seem to be a bit lower-priced than AoS. However, there was a noticeable difference (to me) between the two.

Just make sure that you get a badger brush. AoS recommends either Gillette Fusion or Mach 3 blades.

BoogercountySooner
1/14/2007, 03:11 PM
Booger shaves once a week sometimes.

Thank god for a little injun Heritage!

:D :D :D

GottaHavePride
1/14/2007, 06:19 PM
I need a shaving set that doesn't cost $100. Where are the face products for us budget minded men? Anyone got any recommendations?

One of the places I check for stuff is http://www.classicshaving.com/page/page/800550.htm

Some of the Vulfix shaving brushes are as cheap as $35 for actual badger hair. They also have everything from a $5 cake of shaving soap to $20 tubs of shaving cream.

If you want stuff that's a little less "old school" you can try http://www.shavingcream.com/

They usually have a pretty good selection.