PDA

View Full Version : road conditions i35 to Dallas ?

OUHOMER
1/14/2007, 10:18 AM
anybody been on I 35 to Dallas. How are the roads in the Dallas area?

I have to advise the Dallas office on whether to launch a truck to OKC tonight or not.

Dio
1/14/2007, 10:41 AM
Do not tempt the fates of ICY DEATH FROM ABOVE: APOCALYPSE 2007

BajaOklahoma
1/14/2007, 10:49 AM
I'm interested for tomorrow.
Lil Baja is supposed to go back to Norman, from Dallas.

For Dallas, JK is closer to I-35. We are supposed to be getting ice around Noon. The early news indicated that 35 North of Denton was not good from the previous icy mix.

www.nbc5i.com weather
www.wfaa.com waether

jk the sooner fan
1/14/2007, 11:09 AM
i think i-35 where i am is ok, its when you get north of denton that it gets crappy

Howzit
1/14/2007, 11:45 AM
i think i-35 where i am is ok, its when you get north of denton that it gets crappy

agree...for now.

At my house in Flower Mound, all the stuff up off the ground is freezing, but on the ground it's not yet. But if the temps come down much at all it's going to get nasty.

jk the sooner fan
1/14/2007, 11:54 AM
it just stopped raining here in carrollton (at least over my house).....nothing is freezing yet....

Howzit
1/14/2007, 11:57 AM
Dude, it's just a message board.

jk the sooner fan
1/14/2007, 11:58 AM
i keep forgetting that

jk the sooner fan
1/14/2007, 12:37 PM
there sure are enough wrecks right now to make me think the roads are worse than we think.....that or the idiot drivers are out in full force

slickdawg
1/14/2007, 01:16 PM
there sure are enough wrecks right now to make me think the roads are worse than we think.....that or the idiot drivers are out in full force

WINNER~!~#@!#@

It's hanging around 34/35 just east of Dallas, most of Dallas county is above freezing as well.

They say tonight it'll be 26 with ice/sleet - I'll believe it when I see it. They have lied a lot so far.

OUinFLA
1/14/2007, 01:17 PM

for a second there, I thought you had shifted to talking about Florida

OUHOMER
1/14/2007, 02:05 PM
Just talked to GM that lives over by DFW aiport. getting rain and power outages. They are holding all truck until tomorrow.

Should be a fun next week

Half a Hundred
1/14/2007, 02:12 PM
I drove from Frisco to Norman yesterday, and it was essentially fine until Marietta or so, then it went down to one lane of dry/salted pavement. In the Arbuckles, the pavement was completely iced over, with speeds dropping down to 30mph. From Davis to Paul's Valley, it was iced over for the most part, with traffic going about 50mph. After Paul's Valley to right before Purcell one lane was dry/salted with speeds at about 60mph, and after Purcell to Norman the roads were dry for the most part, with 70mph+ being perfectly safe. The trucks were the fastest ones on the road!

Hope that helps.

VeeJay
1/14/2007, 03:17 PM
for a second there, I thought you had shifted to talking about Florida

OUinFLA - what's the wind chill up in your area?

We're suffering with easterly breezes around 10 mph and temp. of 75. Riptide warnings out on the beaches.

ChickSoonerFan
1/17/2007, 02:02 PM
Bump

My aunt was thinking of going to Dallas tomorrow after work or Friday morning.

Has anyone driven it the last day or so? I am worried about the Arbuckle area.

TIA.

:)

Ash
1/17/2007, 02:03 PM
you can go to DOTs website or call for this info as well

colleyvillesooner
1/17/2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.dps.state.ok.us/weathermap.html

ChickSoonerFan
1/17/2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks..I have seen the sites...just wondered if anyone had actually driven it. Drove it. Drived it.

Kidding..I know drived is not a word. Is it?

ANYWAYS!! If someone has actually been on the roads around there, can you let me know please?

CVS...do they have a site like that for TX too? I saw that one of OK and it is pretty cool.

BajaOklahoma
1/17/2007, 02:24 PM
I would actually be more worried about driving in Dallas.
One of the local stations preempted all of the morning programing to show what the different areas are like to drive around. It is not pretty. Or safe. They were talking about the majority of the wrecks occurring in 4-WD vehicles, because the clowns down here think it means they can go anywhere.

Most of the schools are closed today, except Dallas. Dallas parents have to send their kids to school so they can go to work.

jk the sooner fan
1/17/2007, 02:31 PM
i was just out on the streets, its rainy wet where i am, all the "ice/snow" is gone on the streets...now, tonite may be a different story