PDA

View Full Version : Looking Back at 2006 - Looking Ahead to 2007

Blues1
1/13/2007, 05:42 PM
JMHO ----

Without re-Hashiing the whole Season - First I'd like to say I'm Very Proud of our 2006 Sooners - 11 and 3 or (12 and 2)

With everything that we Faced in 2006 coming out with a 11 and 3 Record, a Top 15 Finish in the polls - Big 12 champs - a BCS Bowl - Needless to say - "A Whole lot Better" than most So-called College experts would have thought after the RRS.

What we will or did learn from 2006....??
Some Basics...

*No matter how Bad it looks Never Give up....
*Football is still a Team Game - Your only one play or paycheck away from being First String.
*WR can play QB - DB can play halfback - Keep a open mind to your options.
*Don't hurl your Body in the end zone If not necessary...?
*Don't Play PAC 10 teams in their Home Stadiums.

Looking Forward to 2007 Season....

*I would Think with Everything we Faced and Experienced in 2006 that this upcoming 2007 team and Coaching Staff has something they want to Prove and would be "Extra Hungry" for another Big 12 Championship and getting and coming Home with a 2007-8 Bowl Victory.....

*Ending the Season with a 1 point Loss might just be the extra motivation a to push all Coaches and players to that next Level all Championship Teams need to carry themselves through a 14 game Season...

*How Bad do we want it...??? -- To Be Cont' ---- :)

Suck it Up - & Keep Rockin'

BASSooner
1/13/2007, 06:23 PM
Amazing. all we need is a QB, momentum, and confidence on this team and we make a run for #8.

proudsoonergal
1/13/2007, 06:57 PM
Well, not that it really means anything for next year, but the last time we lost a bowl game on the last play of the game (1999), we were hungry enough to win the MNC the next year. Of course, we also had a returning starting QB that year......although, interestingly, that same guy is back on our team next year. :)

8timechamps
1/13/2007, 07:13 PM
I will go on record now saying that if we get solid play out of our QB, we will be in the BCS national title game.

With or without AD.

And I can't wait to get some much needed revenge on Miami.

goingoneight
1/14/2007, 12:51 AM
I say we start a reverse psychology thread where everyone except the sooner faithful starts bagging OU and tells them they can't do it. Hey, seemed to work in 2000, people predicting 9-3 seasons and stuff.

OUmillenium
1/14/2007, 03:43 PM
Well, not that it really means anything for next year, but the last time we lost a bowl game on the last play of the game (1999), we were hungry enough to win the MNC the next year. Of course, we also had a returning starting QB that year......although, interestingly, that same guy is back on our team next year. :)

I like your MOJO!!!!!!!!!!

Pepper
1/14/2007, 07:20 PM
Lessons to learn for '07- please learn to hold on to the football (dead last in fumbles).

soonerloyal
1/14/2007, 08:50 PM
Stop running the ball up the middle.

And get fired up & stay that way. Play every game as if it were the BCS NC. THAT'S the way you get there.

Boffingham
1/14/2007, 08:54 PM
Stop running the ball up the middle.

And get fired up & stay that way. Play every game as if it were the BCS NC. THAT'S the way you get there.

If the Sooners play every game like it was the BCS NC, they will only win 1 of 4

soonerloyal
1/14/2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, with that logic I'd only have fed my kids one day out of four so they wouldn't get obese.
:rolleyes:

I'm talking about mindset and determination and heart, not break bones to win. Sheesh.

soonerhubs
1/15/2007, 01:02 AM
Keep Rockin Blues. Great thread that more people should be thinking bout. I can't wait for another Spring Game to begin.

goingoneight
1/15/2007, 01:05 AM
www.soonerscooter.com
Look back.

kevpks
1/15/2007, 03:29 AM
Does anyone else think our schedule is really favorable next year? It is a heck of a lot easier than this year's anyway. Look at the road games. This looks like a great year to have a first year QB. With this schedule, our returning starters and a start in the preseason top 10 we are primed for a run at a title. Oh yeah, and fresh off a meltdown I think the Mack Brown we Sooners know and love has returned.

SleestakSooner
1/15/2007, 04:41 AM
*Don't hurl your Body in the end zone If not necessary...?

Good grief, you would think that some people believe AD meant to hurt himself... :mad: