PDA

View Full Version : My Mom is Panicking

Mjcpr
1/13/2007, 03:43 PM
She lives in Muskogee and I guess they've been the unfortunate recipients of more freezing rain than we have in Tulsa. So, all of the large pine trees around her house have been snapping limbs all night last night and all day today. And I guess a giant tree in front of her house has split down the middle which doesn't sound good. With another day and a half of this to go, she could have all manner of problems down there. Hopefully they'll get more sleet than freezing rain.

My grandmother's unoccupied house is there too. It sits right next to a HUGE pine tree. I can hardly wait to see what unfolds there. :rolleyes:

ChickSoonerFan
1/13/2007, 03:51 PM
Sounds like you should prepare for a house guest?

Okla-homey
1/13/2007, 03:57 PM
I can't believe you aren't enroute to bring her to your house. That woman birthed you and wiped your hiney for two years. Go get her and bring her to safety. seriously.

olevetonahill
1/13/2007, 04:07 PM
I agree with Homey , Get some one to take down that tree befor it screws up Granmas while your at it ;)

Jimminy Crimson
1/13/2007, 04:09 PM
That woman birthed you and wiped your hiney for twelve years.

We are, after all, talking about Pat. ;)

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2007, 04:14 PM
Does your mom live in east or west muskogee?
This is important, because if I were to know who she voted for in 2004 for State Rep. then I might be inclined to drive up there and take her to safety myself.

Mjcpr
1/13/2007, 04:22 PM
I've already asked, she's not leaving. And she isn't in danger, or her house, because of where the tree is located, apparently. Carport maybe.

And she lives on the south side of Muskogee near Cobblestone golf course.

Okla-homey
1/13/2007, 04:24 PM
I've already asked, she's not leaving. And she isn't in danger, or her house, because of where the tree is located, apparently. Carport maybe.

And she lives on the south side of Muskogee near Cobblestone golf course.

Yeah, but if her power goes out, which is more likely given the freezing rain scenario, she'll be cold, bored and sad. Haven't you seen Driving Miss Daisy?
I hope she writes you out of the will.;)

Mjcpr
1/13/2007, 04:28 PM
She already said she and the dog would go to a hotel if the power went out.

I think I'll call again and see what's up.

SicEmBaylor
1/13/2007, 04:31 PM

Find out who she voted for in the 2004 state rep race while you're at it. :texan:

Okla-homey
1/13/2007, 04:32 PM

Like the hotel will have power if the rest of Muskogee doesn't? Is this a magic hotel or something? You're wasting time, if you leave now, you can have her back to your crib shortly after dark. It's moving pretty good on the turnpike, I can see it from mi casa.

Newbomb Turk
1/13/2007, 04:34 PM
if you leave now, you can have her back to your crib shortly after dark.

I can't wait till Pat is on CRIBS.

Mjcpr
1/13/2007, 04:46 PM
Like the hotel will have power if the rest of Muskogee doesn't? Is this a magic hotel or something? You're wasting time, if you leave now, you can have her back to your crib shortly after dark. It's moving pretty good on the turnpike, I can see it from mi casa.

She's not having it.

VeeJay
1/13/2007, 04:47 PM
Sunny and 80 in my parts.

whatsername
1/13/2007, 05:24 PM
My mom was affected by that big ice storm 5 - 6 years ago, and she wouldn't budge! She lived without power for almost two weeks, heating and cooking with the fireplace. My almost 90 year old grandma was with her.

My brother and I finally drove down there and just about caused a family fight, dragging them two to Tulsa.

The next day, their power was back on. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
1/13/2007, 06:04 PM
She's not having it.
Then tell her to freeze her *** off when the lites go out :eek:

OCUDad
1/13/2007, 06:40 PM
Sunny and 80 in my pants.:eek:

tulsaoilerfan
1/13/2007, 08:10 PM
My mom was affected by that big ice storm 5 - 6 years ago, and she wouldn't budge! She lived without power for almost two weeks, heating and cooking with the fireplace. My almost 90 year old grandma was with her.

My brother and I finally drove down there and just about caused a family fight, dragging them two to Tulsa.

The next day, their power was back on. :rolleyes:
Old people are weird about stuff like leaving their house and going to a doctor when sick:pop:

whatsername
1/13/2007, 09:57 PM
Old people are weird about stuff like leaving their house and going to a doctor when sick:pop:
You got that right.

My mom was trying to be sneaky. She was planning to send Grandma with us, and staying behind. My brother was trying to talk her out of staying and Grandma caught wind of it.

She was standing behind one of her dining room chairs and she said "I'm. Not. Leaving!" and she was picking up that chair and pounding it against the floor for emphasis.

We were like "whoa...!"

BajaOklahoma
1/14/2007, 01:01 AM
My mom already has plans in case she loses power. She has a gas heater built in the bathroom - not kid friendly, but great for the cold days without power.
She is the reason that there are no D batteries in North OKC.
She also has a stack of library books to read.
And her cell phone is charged, though not yet turned on.

Mjcpr
1/14/2007, 01:03 AM
Moms and several other people went to stay with a friend in town.....they still have power, or did earlier this evening anyway. Muskogee is taking it sideways on this one I think.

Mongo
1/14/2007, 01:06 AM
Moms and several other people went to stay with a friend in town.....they still have power, or did earlier this evening anyway. Muskogee is taking it sideways on this one I think.

You have a mom? I thought you were the first person to be concieved through anal secks

Sooner_Bob
1/14/2007, 01:05 PM
Ooooohhh . . .

Chuck Bao
1/14/2007, 02:07 PM
Me mom was supposed to go on a cruise on Friday, flying out of DFW. I now hear that more than 300 flights out of DFW was cancelled, so maybe she is stuck at the airport.

She is probably doing ice cruises on her luggage down the ramps at DFW.

Go Mom!

Okla-homey
1/14/2007, 02:37 PM
The news said Muskogee, Okmulgee, Henryetta and surrounding communities are now without power.

crawfish
1/14/2007, 02:50 PM
So, moms would rather pile into a crowded house with friends than stay with her own son.

I think that explains a lot. :D

1stTimeCaller
1/14/2007, 02:56 PM
So, moms would rather pile into a crowded house with friends than stay with her own son.

I think that explains a lot. :D

would you want to stay with Pat?

;)

crawfish
1/14/2007, 03:34 PM
would you want to stay with Pat?

;)

Well, if his own MOTHER won't, then...

Flagstaffsooner
1/14/2007, 03:36 PM
Okmulgee has electricity?

Mjcpr
1/19/2007, 05:49 PM
Update: she left today after being at my house since Sunday. No major damage to her house, there's a big limb on the carport and nearly all of her huge pine trees are in pretty bad shape but no house damage and no frozen pipes so that's good. The tree cleanup though is going to be costly.

Newbomb Turk
1/19/2007, 07:47 PM
The tree cleanup though is going to be costly.

so how much will a chainsaw cost you?

glad to hear she's relatively OK.

soonerboomer93
1/19/2007, 08:03 PM
or just send sic'em over there with a chainsaw, Dean or olevet can supervise and make him man up

Mjcpr
1/19/2007, 08:07 PM
so how much will a chainsaw cost you?

glad to hear she's relatively OK.

I've never operated a chain saw in my life and I'm not starting with a project the size of that one. :D

There are going to be full size pine trees that need to be taken out and all manner of stuff that's beyond my ability.

Newbomb Turk
1/19/2007, 08:10 PM
There are going to be pine trees that need to be taken out and all manner of stuff that's beyond my ability.

so they are saplings? :confused:

edit: or even seedlings.

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 10:24 PM
Yay, my grandmother's vacant house sustained some damage in the ice storm! She had a HUGE pine tree I the backyard, it's been there just about my whole life.....one of the bigger limbs from it is on the roof and there has been a little water damage inside so the roof has a problem. I couldn't adequately describe what the back yard looks like, it's like somone climbed that huge pine tree and sawed off every limb and they all just fell in a huge pile at the base. That tree looks like a totem pole now.

It won't really be my claim, but this will (fortunately) be the first insurance claim of any kind that I've filed. I bet it's going to be awesome.

ChickSoonerFan
1/26/2007, 10:32 PM
It won't really be my claim, but this will (fortunately) be the first insurance claim of any kind that I've filed. I bet it's going to be awesome.

Awesome? Filing an insurance claim?

[cough]needs a life[cough]

;)

jacru
1/26/2007, 10:53 PM
The zeal of the naive. :rolleyes:

Mjcpr
1/26/2007, 11:22 PM
Sarcasm, people.

jacru
1/27/2007, 12:42 AM
Sarcasm people.