PDA

View Full Version : FYI Sooner Seniors in Senior Bowls.....

OU-HSV
1/13/2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=01&DB_OEM_ID=300&SPSID=2475&ATCLID=747034

Seniors Wear OU Helmet Final Time
Courtesy: SoonerSports.com
Release: 01/12/2007

NORMAN, Okla. -- A selection of OU seniors haven't hung up their crimson helmets just yet. Six Sooners will participate in all-star football games in January.

Defensive end C.J. Ah You, linebacker Rufus Alexander, linebacker Zach Latimer, offensive tackle Chris Messner, defensive end Calvin Thibodeaux and Paul Thompson (competing as a wide receiver) will play in the OU logo one more time.

Collegiate all-star games are organized in January to provide additional exposure for seniors prior to the NFL Draft.

Chris Messner and Calvin Thibodeaux (back in his hometown) will play for the South team in the North-South All-Star Classic on Saturday in Houston. The game will be televised by ESPN2 at 11 a.m.

On Sunday, C.J. Ah You and Paul Thompson will appear on opposing teams in the 2007 Hula Bowl from Honolulu. The game will be televised at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN.

Zach Latimer will compete for the West in the East-West Shrine Game on Saturday, Jan. 20, in Houston. ESPN has the broadcast at 5 p.m.

Rufus Alexander will play in the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Saturday, Jan. 27, at 3 p.m. The game and the week's practices leading up to the contest will be televised by the NFL Network.

North-South All-Star Classic (ESPN2)
Saturday, Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
OU Players: Chris Messner, Calvin Thibodeaux

Hula Bowl (ESPN)
Sunday, Jan. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
OU Players: CJ Ah You, Paul Thompson

East-West Shrine Game (ESPN)
Saturday, Jan. 20 at 5 p.m.
OU Players: Zach Latimer

Senior Bowl (NFL Network)
Saturday, Jan. 27 at 3 p.m.
OU Players: Rufus Alexander

85sooners
1/13/2007, 11:15 AM
:pop:

stoopified
1/13/2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info.

goingoneight
1/13/2007, 03:26 PM
I can't wait to see PT back at WR on the big stage. Hopefully someone needing a fresh receiver (cough, cough DALLAS!!!) will be watching.

Rhino
1/13/2007, 04:22 PM
No Birdine, eh.

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 04:42 PM
Does anyone really think that ENA will make a team as a WR?
It would be nice to see cause he deserves it more than any Sooner in a while.

Boomer.....
1/13/2007, 04:48 PM
I don't know if he will, but it would be great.

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 04:51 PM
I would rather see ENA pursue a career in coaching at the high school level.

He would be a great role model to alot of young men....a much better choice than Randy Moss, who announced when he retires he will coach HS ball.

OU-HSV
1/13/2007, 07:40 PM
I didn't get to watch, how did Messner and Thibs look?

Fraggle145
1/13/2007, 08:47 PM
I would rather see ENA pursue a career in coaching at the high school level.

He would be a great role model to alot of young men....a much better choice than Randy Moss, who announced when he retires he will coach HS ball.

He could join Heupel and eventually make it back to the Sooners. I'd be happy if that eventually happened.

batonrougesooner
1/14/2007, 01:59 AM
No love for Jason Carter I see.

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 09:05 PM
So I'm watching the Hula bowl right now and I'm curious about something. They have Paul Thompson playing WR for the West team and for some reason CJ Ah You is playing D Line for the East team (that doesn't make any sense to me)?:confused:

They have said some great things about Paul, but for the most part it's been a love fest for Zabransky

Newbomb Turk
1/14/2007, 09:08 PM
quit trying to make sense out of it. ;)

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 09:19 PM
quit trying to make sense out of it. ;)
Okay! Geeze..haha.
So anyways, Paul just threw a heck of a block downfield to allow the ball carrier to get a big gain.

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 10:17 PM
Just in case anyone cares...Paul was used in a trick play and had a throw back to the QB who gained some good yardage for a first down.
CJ just had a tackle.

sooneron
1/14/2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, they were just extolling the abilities of CJ. I see him as a 4th round guy that will hopefully find a good fit and make a team.

olevetonahill
1/14/2007, 10:31 PM
Dis regard My thread I just started , But My question still stands . That bsu zabrinsky or whatever his name is was the QB ya think hes gonna give PT a shot at lookin good ?. Id like to think he would But that smirky face says No !:mad:

Ash
1/14/2007, 10:38 PM
Just in case anyone cares...Paul was used in a trick play and had a throw back to the QB who gained some good yardage for a first down. CJ just had a tackle.

I wished all year long that OU would try that.:(

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 10:43 PM
I wished all year long that OU would try that.:(
Thats what I was thinking

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 10:44 PM
Dis regard My thread I just started , But My question still stands . That bsu zabrinsky or whatever his name is was the QB ya think hes gonna give PT a shot at lookin good ?. Id like to think he would But that smirky face says No !:mad:
He actually threw his way I think once while he was in at QB.

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, they were just extolling the abilities of CJ. I see him as a 4th round guy that will hopefully find a good fit and make a team.
Once again, CJ made a play...he had a big hurry on the QB forcing him to throw an ugly pass and the announcers went on about how big of a game he's had and how he's getting more and more attention from the NFL scouts

OU-HSV
1/14/2007, 11:19 PM
Update: Zabransky hooked up w/Paul on a wannabe game winning drive. But then Zabransky threw a pic for a td. Then on the Kickoff return, they let Paul field the kick, he threw it over to that K State player Figurs and they got a good return.

goingoneight
1/15/2007, 01:07 AM
THE TRUTH!!! :eek: