PDA

View Full Version : Reply to all

soonerboomer93
1/12/2007, 07:36 PM
I sometimes really hate this button on e-mail. People don't seem to understand that because you were one person in a multi-person e-mail doesn't mean I need to see your reply.

Frankly, I don't care if you worked on New Years or not, and I'm sure you couldn't give a **** to know why I billed hours on New Years day since it doesn't affect you and isn't really any of your business. That's why I only hit reply, and not reply to all.

OUHOMER
1/12/2007, 08:15 PM
No kidding, we have problem with distribution list. Somebody will cut in a wrong distribution list and ask a question. All of a sudden you have 500 people hitting REPLY TO ALL. I think this was sent to me in error. Than you have 500 people hitting REPLY TO ALL. Please remove me from this list. Then you have 300 people hitting REPLY TO ALL, explaining that this was sent to them in error and to just ignore the email. Than you have the irate IT guy hitting the REPLAY TO ALL, telling everybody what an idiot they are and not to do it again.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Than of course at the end of the week an email to all is sent explaining how the e mail system was clogged and how not to do it. :rolleyes:

OUinFLA
1/12/2007, 08:55 PM
Would it help soothe y'alls feathers if I didnt reply to this thread?

BajaOklahoma
1/12/2007, 09:03 PM
We've get this once every two weeks. A few friends and I will send each other a cryptic email with just a number as the title, and NM in the message space. It's our guess as to how many stupid "reply to all responses" we will see generated.

soonerboomer93
1/12/2007, 09:34 PM
I just wasn't in a mood for a bunch of reply to all messages clogging up my e-mail this morning.

I'm a grumping bitch since I was being a ****tard to someone last night...

Oldnslo
1/12/2007, 09:35 PM
funny story:

someone in a big company got married. It was a big surprise. When this person got back into town, s/he had an e-mail from a parent discussing how disappointed the parent was about the choice the person had made in marrying the new spouse. The e-mail went into great detail about the new spouse's shortcomings.

Person planned on only sending the e-mail to his/her best friend, with a "help me respond to this".

It went to everyone in the entire corporation.

Then, when s/he discovered the oopsie, they sent another e-mail to everyone, asking all to disregard the other message.

Brilliance.