PDA

View Full Version : WTF?!?!?

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 01:51 PM
So I'm sitting here at the family support center on base (working my casual job) as a highly paid secretary.

The phone rings:

Me: Good afternoon, Airman & Family Readiness flight, Lt. [SoonerStormchaser] speaking, how may I help you?

Lady: Oh, this isn't Marcello's restaurant?

Me: No ma'am.

Lady: Is this 201-652-****, in New Jersey?

Me: No ma'am, this is 210-652-****. You've just called San Antonio, Texas.

She hangs up.

Stupid dyslexic phone numbers! I know the Air Force is downsizing, but I hope it doesn't get to the point where our family centers are turning into Italian restaurants.

Osce0la
1/12/2007, 01:55 PM
geez, don't ever make a mistake around a storm chaser...

Czar Soonerov
1/12/2007, 01:57 PM
I predict great things for this thread.

Osce0la
1/12/2007, 02:00 PM
Are you sure it wasn't actually doleo? He might have been playing dress up again and tried to order some food...

BoogercountySooner
1/12/2007, 02:02 PM
The local Liquor store that goes by the name of Y Liquor because it is at a Y in the road has a phone number that is one number different than my number. One day my phone rings I answer Hello and this sexy womans voice say's " Is this Y Liquor" I say " Is this a proposition" and the phone clicks and I hear a dial tone. Some people have no sense of humor.:D

Sooner_Bob
1/12/2007, 02:04 PM
Heh.

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/12/2007, 03:19 PM
You should have taken her order, and told her that it'll be there in about 30 minutes, or it's free.

BoogercountySooner
1/12/2007, 03:22 PM
My number is also only one number different than the local water dept.. I have been known to say we'll be right out there before when Mrs. Wilson calls and say's her water line is busted.

jk the sooner fan
1/12/2007, 03:31 PM
i've never gotten a wrong number before, i'm not sure how i'd handle it if i did......

BigRedJed
1/12/2007, 03:33 PM
I often get faxes sent to my mobile by idiots at hospitals, doctors' offices, etc. here in the 405. Seems there is a lab in the 410 area code (Baltimore, I think) that lots of people here do business with. Well, they fax medical records and whatnot to this lab, and leave off the 1+ when they're dailing. So instead of faxing to (410) ***-****, they fax to 410-**** (my number).

Since their faxes are automatic, they just keep ringing me and ringing me, racking up minutes and aggravation for me. What I eventually learned to do was to set my mobile up to receive and store faxes, and then print to my own fax machine. If there is a sending number at the top of the page, I'll fax something to them telling them "stop faxing me, dip****." Sometimes the faxes actually have return phone numbers on them with contact names, and I'll typically call them and point out that HIPAA and the patient named in the file probably wouldn't appreciate a third party (me) being in posession of the patient's health history.

Ike
1/12/2007, 03:43 PM
a couple of things:
First, a story:
back when my dad first started his current business, they used to get phone calls at the office that were obviously wrong numbers. They'd pick up the phone, state the name of their business and their name, and the guy on the other end would ask "Tyrone be there?" Of course, they had nobody working there named Tyrone, and they'd politely tell the person on the other end they had the wrong number. This happened on and off for several months.

Finally, my dads partner got fed up with it, and when the call came again, he replied "No man, Tyrone be in jail!"

Second, stormchaser, you may want to give slightly fewer details in your original story. From it I could easily determine your phone number. (google search on the restaurants name)

Tear Down This Wall
1/12/2007, 04:20 PM
Years and years ago..(1960)...my dad was at Randolph Airbase when he began his stint in the Air Force. A few years later, and out of the Air Force...(1974)...he moved to Dallas and began taking us out to eat at Pietro's, an Italian Restaurant off Lower Greenville.

To this day, our family still cherishes the job the Air Force pilots do in blowing our enemies into little bits. We often celebrate such Air Force successes by meeting at Pietro's for their famous Manicotti with crab meat.

swardboy
1/12/2007, 04:24 PM
It's worth looking up the phone number for "Beaver Liquor" in Cassville, MO., and listening to the clerk answer.."Hello, Beaver Liquor...."

Oldnslo
1/12/2007, 04:57 PM
I'd like the baked ziti, please.

Mjcpr
1/12/2007, 04:59 PM
I'd like the baked ziti, please.

I've heard he's a different breeduh caaaat....

http://www.celebopedia.com/zito/images/barry_zito.jpg

Fugue
1/12/2007, 05:01 PM
I've heard he's a different breeduh caaaat....

http://www.celebopedia.com/zito/images/barry_zito.jpg

an overpaid one

MamaMia
1/12/2007, 10:46 PM
The people I accidently call and I usually hit it off. :P

BoogercountySooner
1/12/2007, 10:49 PM
You can call me by accident anytime Mama

Cam
1/13/2007, 09:37 PM
Apparently, my cell # is damn close to a private hospital room somewhere in OKC. My cell's 664 and the hospital room number is 644. I get wrong numbers all the time. People have fought with me when I tell them they've got the wrong number.

The best thing is the text messages that are wrong numbers. For a while, I was getting them from some gal that apparently was trying to text her boyfriend. I played along for a while and then asked her why she was a whore. I was tired of getting the messages at 2 & 3 o'clock in the morning.

SoonerInKCMO
1/13/2007, 09:50 PM
I get lots of wrong numbers. At least that's what I tell the people that call that I don't want to talk to.

OUinFLA
1/13/2007, 09:54 PM
I used to get late night phone calls for a Denorra.
I knew they were wrong numbers cause for some reason my phone would give a double ring.
Kinda sounded like a boyfriend calling.
Eventually I blocked the number, but before I did, I said one night...

Yeah, she's in the bedroom hosing some dude she picked up outside about an hour ago.

I hope Denorra didnt get the clap.