PDA

View Full Version : Reports Indicate Weiberg Suspends Longar

FaninAma
1/12/2007, 11:57 AM
for his inadvertant elbow to the TT player's face. Personally I think this just follows Weiberg's and the Big 12's previous line of behavior toward OU.

I do think it's pretty spineless on Weiberg's part to do this.

I also think Castiglione will do another disapearing act like he did after the Oregon fiasco.

Anf finally, is there any further prrof needed that Bobby Knight is a sick twisted individual and that TT is a pathetic program for employing this twit?

Fraggle145
1/12/2007, 12:09 PM
longar plays football? ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/12/2007, 12:13 PM
I saw the video, Longar cleared out the space as that TT jerk was on his arse a little too close. Nothing I haven't seen before and been called "playing hard". Too bad the guy took it in the eye, but nothing for Longar to be suspended over. IF he is, they Weiberg needs to get his arse kicked around a little.

FaninAma
1/12/2007, 12:17 PM
longar plays football? ;)

No, but I thought this issue was just a continuation of the antagonistic approach Weiberg has taken toward OU from the football controversies of the past 2 years and speaks to his overall incompetence as well as the hostlity he apparently has for the OU program.

Not to mention the the basketball board is about as deserted as a room after one of my old great aunt's GI indiscretions.

stoopified
1/12/2007, 01:16 PM
for his inadvertant elbow to the TT player's face. Personally I think this just follows Weiberg's and the Big 12's previous line of behavior toward OU.

I do think it's pretty spineless on Weiberg's part to do this.

Anf finally, is there any further prrof needed that Bobby Knight is a sick twisted individual and that TT is a pathetic program for employing this twit?Bingo

Partial Qualifier
1/12/2007, 01:23 PM
So bobby Knight not only bullies his own players, evidently he can successfully bully the Big 12 Office as well.

Tech should be ashamed that they're providing this guy a haven. And thanks Big 12 office, for, well... nothing.

poke4christ
1/12/2007, 01:54 PM
I haven't seen the video, but I still think this is pretty dumb. Everybody clears out. It's something you are taught to do. Big freak'n deal. This could easily have happened the other way around.

poke4christ
1/12/2007, 01:55 PM
Not to mention the the basketball board is about as deserted as a room after one of my old great aunt's GI indiscretions.

:D Sorry guys, but as an OSU fan I got to chuckle at that one. :D

Beef
1/12/2007, 02:02 PM
We all get a little too caught up in the heated debates over in the gymnastics forum to make it to the basketball forum sometimes.

Beef
1/12/2007, 02:03 PM
I haven't seen the video, but I still think this is pretty dumb. Everybody clears out. It's something you are taught to do. Big freak'n deal. This could easily have happened the other way around.

hopefully this works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsgD8ybQ00

doesn't look anything like intentional to me.
From the basketball forum.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/12/2007, 02:05 PM
Reports are that Weinberg climbed to the top of Knight's pole without supplemental oxygen so he has that going for him.

FaninAma
1/12/2007, 02:10 PM
Question is can we retroactively have the league suspend Bobby Knight for slapping his own player earlier this year(or was it last year....I get confused because he's slapped so many people during his career.)?

It's amazing how many people from the administration of texas Tech to the media to the Big 12 league office don't have the guts to stand up to this guy.

starrca23
1/12/2007, 02:14 PM
Guys don't you understand? If you mean to hit someone and succeed it is okay, but if you do it on accident it is a crime.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/12/2007, 02:17 PM
Yeah, the administrations at Indiana & TT have tossed Knight's salad more than Olive Garden.

sooner518
1/12/2007, 02:32 PM
I love how the announcers say "as an offensive player, you can move your elbows if you're standing upright, but you cant lean into the defensive player and do it".

What video am I watching that shows Longar actually leaning backwards when this "foul" occurs?

A suspension is an absolute joke in this case

Scott D
1/12/2007, 02:32 PM
Fan, your angst is misdirected. It was Eddie Sutton that got on the phone to Weiberg getting Longar suspended. Apparently Sean is afraid of being exposed by someone not called Kansas ;)

OK2LA
1/12/2007, 04:19 PM

So what you're saying is - You're an attention whoore?:D

Herr Scholz
1/12/2007, 05:07 PM
As an impartial observer, I don't see that as a dirty play at all. Players clear out space like that every game.

Zbird
1/12/2007, 05:14 PM

Well, I know you're not chuckling about how the Jayhawks took your pokies to school. Heh.

Collier11
1/12/2007, 05:42 PM
If there ever were anything that needs a fan outrage and to flood the email box of someone it is now to the big 12 commish. This is so weak!!!

crawfish
1/12/2007, 05:52 PM
Ridiculous.

poke4christ
1/12/2007, 06:01 PM
From the basketball forum.

Oh crap, I really don't know now. That video wasn't that clear. It looked like more than just a clear out, but it wasn't enough to really say for sure if it was intentional. I think I'm just going to have to withhold a final opinion on this one.

poke4christ
1/12/2007, 06:03 PM
Fan, your angst is misdirected. It was Eddie Sutton that got on the phone to Weiberg getting Longar suspended. Apparently Sean is afraid of being exposed by someone not called Kansas ;)

Your new nick-name is Kelvin Sampson.

poke4christ
1/12/2007, 06:05 PM
Well, I know you're not chuckling about how the Jayhawks took your pokies to school. Heh.

No, my reactions were more along the lines of "son of a...", "What the Hell", and "Can we do anything right?".

OUmillenium
1/12/2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, the administrations at Indiana & TT have tossed Knight's salad more than Olive Garden.

HuhOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!(Ed McMahon)

spek

OUmillenium
1/12/2007, 07:14 PM
buzzcut...I'm with ya

Soonerus
1/12/2007, 11:43 PM
It is wrong, wrong, wrong for (Mr. OSU) Weiberg to suspend Longar...wrong, wrong, wromg....

Crimsontothecore
1/13/2007, 10:06 AM
All I can say is that I hope Weiberg is able to sleep with himself. No way was that elbow intentional.
Maybe Knight bitch-slaps Weiberg in private so he's afraid not to kneel down and take a mouth-full from Knight every time he whines.

SoonerMom2
1/13/2007, 10:16 AM
Why wasn't Knight suspended when he slapped a player earlier in the season? Nothing happened as usual.

Why wasn't Knight chastised when he commented about the Oregon game? Our coaches couldn't say a word but Knight could say whatever he wanted.

Knight was the 6th man on the Ohio State Buckeye team and was brought in to be the bully -- some things never change -- he is still that bully today. Why any parent would allow their son to play for that egotistical bulley is beyond me.

As for the Okie State homers on this board -- give us a break -- nothing happened to OSU when a Texas player was hit by a fan because the Big 12 is toothless when it comes to their favorite OSU. Looks at the elbows being thrown by Okie State players and nothing happens -- not even fouls. Some of you Okie State Aggies have the credibility of a gnat!

Weiberg hates OU which he has proven once again -- time for him to spend more time with his family along with the rest of the Aggies at the Big 12. The whine out of the sand aggie coach is just more of what he gave the Big 10 and only an aggie school would hire the obnoxious, overpaid jerk!

MamaMia
1/13/2007, 11:47 AM
Cant we appeal to the NCAA?

jkjsooner
1/13/2007, 12:00 PM
After watching the youtube video and hearing about the suspension, my first thought was anger towards Knight and Weiberg.

After giving myself about 30 minutes to calm down, I now want to cry that the Big 12 would attack and young kid's reputation is such a way.

OU must do everything possible to defend Longar Longar. Adults unfairly attacking a kid's reputation is unacceptable and a much bigger deal than a loss on the field/court.

(By the way, from 5th grade on we were taught to clear space with the elbow. We were taught to defend our space but of course not intentionally hit anyone. This is absurd. We have guys getting in fights and throwing punches who don't get this type of punishment. It really makes me sad.)

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 05:04 PM
just because the kid is gonna miss the rest of the season

Taxman71
1/13/2007, 08:17 PM
I've said it before, OU needs to be in a better conference. The Big 8 saved the SWC 10 years ago and now the state of Tejas owns the Big 12. Offices moved from KC to Dallas, Dalls hosts the Big 12 Championship Game and Big 12 tourney despite not having a conference team locally, and the non-tejas schools, esp. OU get screwed at every opportunity. We need to get rid of the trailer trash known as tejas.

bluedogok
1/13/2007, 09:24 PM
Anf finally, is there any further prrof needed that Bobby Knight is a sick twisted individual and that TT is a pathetic program for employing this twit?My wife is a Tech grad and considers Knight an embarrassment for the university.

I saw the video, Longar cleared out the space as that TT jerk was on his arse a little too close. Nothing I haven't seen before and been called "playing hard". Too bad the guy took it in the eye, but nothing for Longar to be suspended over. IF he is, they Weiberg needs to get his arse kicked around a little.Knight would be loving it if his player did the same thing, "playing tough", that is what is so sick about it.

Ash
1/14/2007, 02:42 AM
My wife is a Tech grad and considers Knight an embarrassment for the university.

Knight would be loving it if his player did the same thing, "playing tough", that is what is so sick about it.

He's a hypocrite. Always has been.

He holds his players to the highest accountability but wants to be accountable to nobody. He doesn't think anyone else deserves respect, but everyone should respect him.

Playing hard and tough is great when it works for him, when it works against him it's a mortal sin.

OUTrumpet
1/14/2007, 03:15 AM
Do you think maybe Knight threw a chair or slapped Wieberg?

Scott D
1/14/2007, 10:31 AM
We're not talking suspension if the Tech kid doesn't suffer a broken face. Unfortunately the type of foul that was called on that play almost warrants a suspension, like it or not.

Or do you folks honestly believe had that been whatever his face is happening to catch Longar with an elbow and breaking his face, that he'd have gotten off without a suspension?

soonerloyal
1/14/2007, 10:35 AM
*walks to center field and turns up microphone*

"Upon further review and replay, it is conclusive that both Weiberg and Knight are f****** arrogant, bitter and worthless a*******. Kick them both in the nuts."

*turns down mike and walks off the field*

Ash
1/14/2007, 11:18 AM
We're not talking suspension if the Tech kid doesn't suffer a broken face. Unfortunately the type of foul that was called on that play almost warrants a suspension, like it or not.

Or do you folks honestly believe had that been whatever his face is happening to catch Longar with an elbow and breaking his face, that he'd have gotten off without a suspension?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1755939&postcount=42

Has there been threats of legal action and league supsensions for this?

Scott D
1/14/2007, 11:46 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1755939&postcount=42

Has there been threats of legal action and league supsensions for this?

I think everyone knows that Weiberg won't suspend a Poke...afterall, he has to show some sort of favoritism for his alma mater ;)