PDA

View Full Version : AI resumes next week.

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 08:16 AM
I'm so happy.

The world's only remaining engaging reality show -- except for "Hell's Kitchen." It's what keeps me going during the college football drought.

Put aside your pride and give in to AI. You'll be glad you did.

I wonder if this is the year a "blue-stater" can win? It's never happened.
Will there be controversies and scandals? Will Paula be drunk or high again? Will Randy be fatter or skinnier? Will Simon get shot by an aggrieved contestant? I can't wait.:D

P.S. Kellie Pickler has a song in heavy rotation on country radio.

Petro-Sooner
1/12/2007, 08:21 AM
The world's only remaining engaging reality show

Big Brother :mad:

And yes I will be tuning in.

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 06:56 PM
I love me some AI

OUAndy1807
1/12/2007, 07:02 PM
Top Chef pwns Hell's Kitchen. I liked the first year of H'sK, but last year none of the people were chef's, they were line cooks at best. But Gordon Ramsey is awesome.

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 07:04 PM
Top Chef pwns Hell's Kitchen. I liked the first year of H'sK, but last year none of the people were chef's, they were line cooks at best. But Gordon Ramsey is awesome.

Gordon Ramsey even made me uncomfortable, and I was just watching the thing on teevee. I may have to buy one of his recipe books. The d00d seems to know WTF he's talking about.

Ike
1/12/2007, 07:10 PM
sunuvabiznatchio.

this means that at random times during the week, I'll have to come home and endure listening to crappy singers singing songs I either can't stand, or butchering songs I love whilst the wife watches this tripe.

I *might* one day give it a listen or a try if once, just once, they put on people who can play some of their own original stuff. Not a single episode of AI ever (and I've watched more than enough) has ever tickled my ear the way I expect good music to do.

royalfan5
1/12/2007, 07:14 PM
Another reason it's great not to have the gay roommate anymore. I won't be exposed to American Idol outside of commercials this year.

OUFAN29
1/12/2007, 07:25 PM
Better yet, "24" starts on Sunday.

Sooner_Bob
1/12/2007, 07:39 PM
Better yet, "24" starts on Sunday.

Definitely better of the two.

IMO Big Brother and The Amazing Race are right up there if not slightly better than AI.

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 09:06 PM
And Carmella and Tony are on their way too.

sooneron
1/12/2007, 10:11 PM
AI?

Out

soonerboomer93
1/12/2007, 10:36 PM
The Amazing Race is greatness

AI?? um, no thanks

whatsername
1/12/2007, 10:38 PM
I prefer to watch the auditions and laugh at the weirdos. :)

Rogue
1/13/2007, 12:19 PM
Dammit Homey! I convinced myself that AI was NOT "reality teevee" so that I can live with the fact that I'm hooked. Now I'm gonna have to go join some 12-step group or something. AI and Sopranos hook me.

After Michael Richards' meltdown Seinfeld reruns aren't as enjoyable and when I was sick last year I think I watched every M*A*S*H rerun twice. That was some high quality television right there.

Homey's right though...if you give it a chance you might get hooked. It's sorta like NASCAR. If you just give in for one season and pick a driver (or a singer for AI) it makes it so much better. Mrs. Rogue - not so much a fan but the ladies I work with are pretty crazy about AI too.

jk the sooner fan
1/13/2007, 12:37 PM
the audition shows suck you in....the show has gotten much better over the last couple years

OUFAN29
1/13/2007, 12:53 PM
soonersweetie and gang are big AI fans. Me, take 24, Bones and Justice away and none of the sports that are on are any good, just bury me.

Ike
1/13/2007, 03:45 PM
I'll consider watching it when someone does a 6 minute guitar solo.