PDA

View Full Version : They aren't claiming a Nat'l Championship like Bammer would...

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 08:04 AM
But they have a web presence now.

"We Beat the National Champions!" on facebook. heh.:D

http://aycu30.webshots.com/image/8989/2004544432558208091_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004544432558208091)

Fraggle145
1/12/2007, 09:15 AM
not surprising... have you ever met an auburn fan? 90% are the scum. of. the. earth. (Edit dont know wtf i had before it was early, Edit 2 finally had it pointed out to me what I meant.). If a nuke went of in Alabama they would come back like cockroaches (same holds true for LSU fans). JMHO. They said the same thing about UGA last year and that they were the best team in the SEC... I hate them.

Texas Golfer
1/12/2007, 09:40 AM
Is this another attempt to declare themselves the "People's National Champions"?

Spray
1/12/2007, 09:58 AM
not surprising... have you ever met an auburn fan? 90% are the sum. of. the. earth.

Yeah, Homey. Ever met an Auburn fan? Most of them are just like their parents. "sum. of. the. earth." :D ;)

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 10:07 AM
Hell, I had to deal with em when I was at OTS in Montgomery this past summer. Annoying and LOUD. They'd be yelling that so-and-so sucks right after he rips off a long TD run on em.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/12/2007, 10:10 AM
Nick For Hire Saban is, even as we speak, preparing to send them back to the full aggy status they deserve.

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 10:25 AM
not surprising... have you ever met an auburn fan? 90% are the sum. of. the. earth.

I beg to differ.;)

TUSooner
1/12/2007, 11:15 AM
That's exactly what I'd be saying if we were in Auburn's place.

Fraggle145
1/12/2007, 11:28 AM
sum. of. the. earth. ??? no idea wtf that was. it was early, hadnt had coffee. Any guesses? Either way I hate them. wow that was way retarded.

RedstickSooner
1/12/2007, 01:29 PM
Auburn suffers from Kid Brother syndrome. Just like Aggie Lite. Or Aggie. Or Colorado State. Or Georgia Tech. Etc.

Knowing your team isn't even the best team in your STATE makes a fan bitter. Then, if they actually turn things around for a bit and start beating their big brother, they *really* get unbearable.

Isn't anything in the world quite so unsufferable as a perennial loser that finally wins.

OSUAggie
1/12/2007, 01:50 PM
Auburn suffers from Kid Brother syndrome. Just like Aggie Lite. Or Aggie. Or Colorado State. Or Georgia Tech. Etc.

Knowing your team isn't even the best team in your STATE makes a fan bitter. Then, if they actually turn things around for a bit and start beating their big brother, they *really* get unbearable.

Isn't anything in the world quite so unsufferable as a perennial loser that finally wins.

I'm bitter because if we go 6-5 or 7-4 it's a success of some sort, mainly due to the fact that the previous year was something like 3-8 or 4-7. It has nothing to do with not being the best team in the state. Although having you bastards in the state doesn't help, I suppose. It would probably be easier to be mediocre when you're the only team in the state, a la Mizzou.

LSUdeek
1/12/2007, 01:50 PM

Far be it from me to defend AU but 5 in a row...

OSUAggie
1/12/2007, 01:52 PM
The final 2 sentences covered 5 in a row.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/12/2007, 03:03 PM
I'm bitter because if we go 6-5 or 7-4 it's a success of some sort, mainly due to the fact that the previous year was something like 3-8 or 4-7. It has nothing to do with not being the best team in the state. Although having you bastards in the state doesn't help, I suppose. It would probably be easier to be mediocre when you're the only team in the state, a la Mizzou.You make too much sense, kid. You need to renounce orange aggy, and change your name and allegiance.

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 06:00 PM

Say what you want bro, but it ain't no "kid brother dealio." The series is, as of the latest contest, 38-32-1 in UA's favor. That ain't exactly total domination or nothing. Another thing, they didn't even play the series from 1907 until 1949 because the state was too evenly divided over it. Seriously.

In 1944, AU tried to resume the series, but Alabama's Board of Trustees was against the resumption, saying that an Auburn-Alabama rivalry would lead to an "overemphasis of football in Alabama and an unhealthy increase in rumor and rancor between the two schools."

The UA Board also said an intrastate rivalry would make it impossible for either school to hire coaches of "high character and proven ability" because they would be afraid of beating the cross-state rival every year. After 1944, several legislative attempts were made to force the two schools to play again, but all attempts failed. The Alabama legislature did, however, pass several resolutions calling on the two schools to play each other. Those resolutions were rejected by both schools.

Here's the dealio, Alabama has two historically powerful programs. Its nothing like the situation here in Oklahoma or in Colorado where the "Univeristy of" dominates the "little brother." Thing is, you gotta live in Alabama a few years like I did to fully undertand.

Sure, things are cyclic, and UA will win it again, but I think AU has a decent shot at extending its five wins to at least seven.

soonerboomer93
1/12/2007, 06:08 PM
I'm bitter because if we go 6-5 or 7-4 it's a success of some sort, mainly due to the fact that the previous year was something like 3-8 or 4-7.

you sure you're an aggie fan?

AlabamaSooner
1/12/2007, 08:33 PM
Thing is, you gotta live in Alabama a few years like I did to fully undertand.

Isn't that the truth. It's in a league of it's own. I've been to OU/Texas many a times and that doesn't hold a candle to the Iron Bowl. (Not to say it's not a great game and rivalry because it certainly is one of my top two favorites).

SoonerInKCMO
1/12/2007, 08:47 PM
Thing is, you gotta live in Alabama a few years like I did to fully undertand.

I spent a week in Birmingham during the summer. Seemed like a few years - does that count?

Okla-homey
1/12/2007, 09:14 PM
I spent a week in Birmingham during the summer. Seemed like a few years - does that count?

The state of Alabama redefines the meaning of the word "humid" each summer. After moving back to The Promised Land, occasionally I'd hear folks complain on muggy Tulsa days, to which I'd retort, "you have no idea what muggy is my friend."

SoonerInKCMO
1/12/2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah... 80-something and foggy in the mornings just. ain't. right.