PDA

View Full Version : I hate job searching

royalfan5
1/11/2007, 05:27 PM
I am getting real tired of sending out resumes and filling out personality tests. I just want to know where I will be living in June, and how I will be paying for my student loans. Also, I won't know what kind of farming I can do on the side until then. I'm just tired of the uncertainty, especially since there isn't much I can do about it myself right now. end of rant.

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 05:29 PM
You know getting a degree means you can go into the military as an officer. Pay is good and you can defer your loans for up to three years.

Frozen Sooner
1/11/2007, 05:35 PM
I am getting real tired of sending out resumes and filling out personality tests. I just want to know where I will be living in June, and how I will be paying for my student loans. Also, I won't know what kind of farming I can do on the side until then. I'm just tired of the uncertainty, especially since there isn't much I can do about it myself right now. end of rant.

Still want to get into banking? I've got a couple of open positions.

royalfan5
1/11/2007, 05:36 PM
You know getting a degree means you can go into the military as an officer. Pay is good and you can defer your loans for up to three years.
I want to use my degree in my field though, and unless the military starts merchandising grain, or loaning money to farmers, it's not within my field of interest at this point.

royalfan5
1/11/2007, 05:37 PM
Still want to get into banking? I've got a couple of open positions.
Would it be dealing with agriculture?

yermom
1/11/2007, 05:40 PM
using your degree is overrated ;)

Frozen Sooner
1/11/2007, 05:41 PM
Would it be dealing with agriculture?

Does listening to people's bull**** count as agriculture?

royalfan5
1/11/2007, 05:46 PM
Does listening to people's bull**** count as agriculture?
Not quite the kind of agriculture I'm looking for.

royalfan5
1/11/2007, 05:47 PM
using your degree is overrated ;)
I'm not using my undergrad degrees, only the graduate one. I'm willing to lease my polisci and religion ones to someone who can use them though.

IronSooner
1/11/2007, 06:00 PM
royal - I'll trade you a pig farming job for an engineering job.

I started out Mech Engr, wound up Bio Engr in grad school, now doing as much pig work as anything. Go figure.

And I'm with you - I'm sick of job searching too. I hate writing coverletters, scouring company webpages and the cookie-cutter surveys they make you take. I just want to get a job within the next 6 months. If I suck, fire me, but give me a damn shot already.

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 07:00 PM
I just want to know where I will be living in June, and how I will be paying for my student loans. ... I'm just tired of the uncertainty, especially since there isn't much I can do about it myself right now. end of rant.

In a van by the river...

You're gonna default on them...

see, that makes it easier