PDA

View Full Version : I am definitely blessed...or in deep crap (depending on your point of view).

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 03:28 PM
First of all, I'm getting married in 16 days. The future Mrs. is in Norman...and is gonna stay there while I'm down here in Nav School.

She calls me yesterday...she's pregnant! Yes, we were trying because she runs the high risk of a miscarriage and the docs said to start trying immediately as her chances of a successful pregnancy decrease with each passing month.

So now I'll probably be missing the ENTIRE pregnancy and possibly the delivery...and the first six months of my child's life cause I'm down here in San Antonio. But I'd rather be missing out on that than to not have children.

Did I mention that I have this strong feeling it's gonna be twins?

Am I blessed? Or am I screwed?

Fugue
1/11/2007, 03:29 PM
Bof :texan:

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 03:30 PM
^^???^^

Fugue
1/11/2007, 03:31 PM
Both

TheUnnamedSooner
1/11/2007, 03:34 PM
My condolences. :D It will be tough while you are gone, but worth it in the long run

DustySooner
1/11/2007, 03:36 PM
I dunno if you're in deep crap or not but it's definitely a blessing that she's pregnant seeing how it might have been difficult for you guys to have kids.

Either way, congrats to the both of you. :)

Xstnlsooner
1/11/2007, 03:39 PM
My hats off to ya!! You're blessed and that's all!

DRINKS FOR THE HOUSE!!!

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 03:39 PM
I'll need a few!

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 03:52 PM
Oh and the kicker is that neither of our families have been told yet...we're waiting til past 12 weeks just in case...

frankensooner
1/11/2007, 03:56 PM
Babies are great, until they grow up and start asking for money and stuff!!! Congrats, and best wishes!

yermom
1/11/2007, 03:57 PM
good luck on the first try then.

sounds like you are leaving at the perfect time :D

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 03:57 PM
Stormchaser - where did the AWACS pic happen? Recently? Could you "embiggen"?

Oh, you may want to change a "to" to a "do" in your location section.

Congrats on you're pending child - you premarital fornicator...;)

Ike
1/11/2007, 03:58 PM
Oh and the kicker is that neither of our families have been told yet...we're waiting til past 12 weeks just in case...

thats smart. Mrs. Ike miscarried earlier this year (would have been our first) and of course, we told the whole world as soon as we learned she was pregnant. Going back and telling everyone that it ended badly sucks.

Best of luck. A bazillion and one things have to go just right for a successful pregnancy...most of which are beyond your control.

We'll be thinking of you.

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:01 PM
NATO AWACS incident in Greece in 1996...birdstrike and off the end of the runway (hit a flock of seagulls...REALLY). Ironically, it occurred shortly after we lost an AWACS up in Alaska when it took in some Canuck Geese.

http://www.aviationpics.de/military/1999/awacs/e-3_3.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:05 PM
Well birdstrikes are not career ending...

DO you have a B.S. in Meteorology?

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:06 PM
Started in meteorology...got 3 years through...got sick of all the math and physics...switched to Geosciences (basically, minors in meteorology, geography and geology)...graduated in May.

fadada1
1/11/2007, 04:10 PM
if you have twins, you can sell one to finance your mobile tornado chaser housed in a pinto.

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:12 PM
What's the going rate for baby quasi-Sicilians these days?

yermom
1/11/2007, 04:13 PM
i got tree fiddy

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:14 PM
I'll have to talk to the Mrs.

She might be holding out for more...

fadada1
1/11/2007, 04:14 PM
tree.... fiddy.

heh.

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:19 PM
tree.... fiddy.

heh.
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/303/303_chef_folks.gif

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:22 PM
Started in meteorology...got 3 years through...got sick of all the math and physics...switched to Geosciences (basically, minors in meteorology, geography and geology)...graduated in May.

At least you did better than Mike Morgan...Ch 4 chief Geographer.

METR was tough as hell. After that, physics seemed easy...

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:24 PM
At least you did better than Mike Morgan...Ch 4 chief Geographer.

METR was tough as hell. After that, physics seemed easy...

Yah, cause I didn't get caught CHEATING on my Thermodynamics tests!

VeeJay
1/11/2007, 04:52 PM
You are blessed.

My six year old heard me coughing last night - she came in before bedtime and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I started to hug her and she said "I don't want your germs" as she walked away briskly.

Kids are what it's all about.

Congrats. Go be a good Daddy.

Petro-Sooner
1/11/2007, 04:55 PM
Chaser, I take it you graduated from OU?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:55 PM
Yah, cause I didn't get caught CHEATING on my Thermodynamics tests!

We're you there or did you hear? I am good friends with Jeff Lazalier (same class) and he always was butting heads with Mike at 4. Jeff would always joke about the chief Geographer and his ego. My wife even new him - as he dated a good friend of hers a while. They called him "the poser"...

Only thing Mike had going for him was his cold air funnels he got filmed in NW Okla and got that on the national news...

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 05:14 PM
Graduated OU in May '06 with a BS in Geosciences.

It's commonly "known" (or rumored) amongst the meteorology students that he got expelled from the School of Meteorology after being caught cheating on a Thermo exam...so that's why he got his degree in Geography.

I interned with Mike Armstrong up at Channel 9 in the fall of '02...he told me some interesting stories about Morgan.

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 05:28 PM
Ok, she just emailed me...

Some hormonal number she got tested for on Monday and again yesterday is SKYROCKETING. It was something around 294 on Monday...and 640 yesterday.

Then there's this dream that she had involving my late grandfather (who she never met). She says he gave her two peanuts and $50.

Why am I now convinced that she's gonna have twins?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 05:31 PM
Graduated OU in May '06 with a BS in Geosciences.

It's commonly "known" (or rumored) amongst the meteorology students that he got expelled from the School of Meteorology after being caught cheating on a Thermo exam...so that's why he got his degree in Geography.

I interned with Mike Armstrong up at Channel 9 in the fall of '02...he told me some interesting stories about Morgan.

Do tell...

I knew about the cheating stuff, hadn't heard it was on an exam. How do you cheat on a thermo exam? Mine were always derive this or prove that...

Ike
1/11/2007, 05:32 PM
Ok, she just emailed me...

Some hormonal number she got tested for on Monday and again yesterday is SKYROCKETING. It was something around 294 on Monday...and 640 yesterday.

Then there's this dream that she had involving my late grandfather (who she never met). She says he gave her two peanuts and $50.

Why am I now convinced that she's gonna have twins?

your dead grandfather gave her 2 nuts and fifty bucks?!

I'd be worried.

sooner_born_1960
1/11/2007, 05:33 PM
If it goes to 700, sell.

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 05:35 PM
Congratulations.

There is nothing better than holding your newborn in your arms for the first time!

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 05:39 PM
Do tell...

I knew about the cheating stuff, hadn't heard it was on an exam. How do you cheat on a thermo exam? Mine were always derive this or prove that...

I didn't cheat. I'm still wondering how I made it out of that class with a C.

Armstrong was telling me about how, when "Mike Moron" showed up outside a National Guard tent in MWC after the 5/3/99 tornado, the guardsman outside the tent told him to move his car. Morgan answered "Don't you know who I am?" Guy suffers from amnesia apparently.

Several of my METR buddies who interned for Channel 4 said he's a real ******rocket.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 05:55 PM
I didn't cheat. I'm still wondering how I made it out of that class with a C.

Yep, never worked so hard or been so proud of a C!

Aceing Howie's final and passing his course after flunking the first exam was a big moment for me...

Telling - my class of 15, all but about 3 went to grad school - few in METR. One I know went on to be chief (or some biggie) of the AF Typhoon forecasting group.

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 06:45 PM
Congrats on getting a bun in her oven

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 09:43 PM
I think it'll be more like a pair of buns...

Tailwind
1/11/2007, 10:08 PM
Old saying....don't count your chillins before theys hatched. Congrats though.

Oldnslo
1/11/2007, 10:30 PM
Congratulations!

I thought $50 was just for a *******.

Great. Now we can't say *******.

Viking Kitten
1/11/2007, 10:49 PM
What's next? ***** *******?

And congrats, Stormchaser. Although I'd say you fiancee is the one in deep crap. Going through a pregnancy and six months with a newborn without your husband around would suck really hard.

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 08:53 AM
Yah I know...she's on the phone with me bitching right now (I love you too hun).

And the best part is I HAVE TO DRIVE UP THERE THIS WEEKEND AND BACK ON MONDAY.

Hope my car can drive on a hockey rink.

Sooner_Bob
1/12/2007, 08:58 AM
thats smart. Mrs. Ike miscarried earlier this year (would have been our first) and of course, we told the whole world as soon as we learned she was pregnant. Going back and telling everyone that it ended badly sucks.

Been there done that . . . happened just over 10 years ago. Calling my parents about it was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do. :(

olevetonahill
1/12/2007, 09:04 AM
Grats dude
Hope all works out well

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 10:04 AM
Yah...now she's irked cause I said that I'm turning around if I feel it's too dangerous to make it safely up to Norman from here once the ice festival starts.

Here come the hormones!

olevetonahill
1/12/2007, 10:15 AM
Thats why I say ill never own another one :eek:
I just one to pet every now and then ;)

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 10:50 AM
.4-.6" of ice today.

Woo hoo...I-35 is gonna be my own private slip-n-slide.

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 12:03 PM
Thats why I say ill never own another one :eek:
I just one to pet every now and then ;)

???

SoonerStormchaser
1/12/2007, 10:15 PM
Wow...it was 78 when I left base at 1...I get up here an hour ago and it's a skating rink all around Norman...what the hell did you people up here do to anger the weather gods?

olevetonahill
1/12/2007, 10:24 PM
Wow...it was 78 when I left base at 1...I get up here an hour ago and it's a skating rink all around Norman...what the hell did you people up here do to anger the weather gods?
Glad you made it safe

MamaMia
1/12/2007, 10:43 PM
Re: I am definitely blessed...or in deep crap (depending on your point of view). You are most definitely blessed. You wont be in deep crap until they're teenagers. ;)

Okla-homey
1/13/2007, 07:18 AM
Just a tip. Get married ASAP, civil ceremony is fine. Keep it a secret if you want. Bottomline, she'll have an ID and be enrolled in TRICARE quicker. If they find out she was already diagnosed preggers by competent medical authority, the service won't pay for the birth, because it will be considered a "pre-existing medical condition" and they will require a paternity test, at your expense (about $10K,) to prove the offspring is yours.

Just kidding. I love messing with butterbars!:D

Jerk
1/13/2007, 07:35 AM
You fornicator.

J/k (;

You are not going to believe how much woman + kid cost. At least your medical and housing will covered by uncle sam.

SoonerStormchaser
1/13/2007, 11:52 AM
I hate you Homey! ;)

Blargh!

olevetonahill
1/13/2007, 12:53 PM
Good one Homey :D

SoonerStormchaser
1/13/2007, 06:48 PM
Homey...how dare you taunt gullible people like me that way. Bastage! :P

You can only taunt me for another 18 months as a butterbar.

At least she already is on maternity coverage from her workplace insurance.