OK2LA
1/11/2007, 03:25 PM
I didn't see this on the first 2 pages - merge if it's already been posted:

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

LSU Backup QB Perrilloux under investigation
By James Varney
and Lori Lyons
Staff writers

BATON ROUGE - In news that cast a further pall over LSU’s suddenly shaky quarterback situation, heralded freshman backup Ryan Perrilloux has surfaced as a person of interest to federal investigators in New Orleans.

As word of Perrilloux’s legal troubles seeped out before junior JaMarcus Russell, the Tigers’ starting quarterback, confirmed he would enter the NFL draft, rumors flew wildly around Baton Rouge. Federal and school officials cautioned, however, that Perrilloux, who arrived on campus two years ago as one of the nation’s most sought after recruits, has not been accused of any crime and has not been arrested.

Perrilloux could not be reached but has retained an attorney, Nathan Fisher, who declined to comment on any aspect of the case.

Said Coach Les Miles: “I do not know if he’s in any trouble whatsoever.”

It was unclear when Miles and Perrilloux last spoke.

Miles’ remarks came at the end of a press conference for Russell, and when the question about Perrilloux’s status surfaced, sports information director Michael Bonnette closed the proceeding.

Privately, however, school officials strove to tamp down rumors that Perrilloux had been kicked off the team or that his presence with the Tigers had become an unwelcome distraction.

“Absolutely not. That would mean LSU had one quarterback on scholarship,” one said, when asked if the school was looking to sever its relationship with Perrilloux.

After Russell formally announced his anticipated departure, Miles said no decision had been made on who might start next season, Perrilloux or junior Matt Flynn, who has been Russell’s backup the past two seasons. Flynn has an edge in experience, Miles said, but competition during spring practice probably would determine the next starter.

The federal investigation reportedly centers on an alleged counterfeiting ring, according to several sources, but Perrilloux’s name has not been listed in any federal court papers. His coach at East St. John High School, Larry Dauterive, said his former star was questioned by federal agents for more than two hours after last week’s Allstate Sugar Bowl. LSU routed Notre Dame 41-14 at the Superdome.

Perrilloux, who was excused from practice one day at the end of December because of the death of his grandmother, did not play against the Fighting Irish.

From a phone conversation Dauterive had with Miles earlier this week when both coaches were in San Antonio for a high school all-star game, Dauterive said it was his understanding Perrilloux had been cleared of direct participation in any criminal enterprise.

“(Miles) said that if (Perrilloux) had been implicated in any way, he’d be gone, but that he was satisfied (Perrilloux) was not,” Dauterive said.

Perrilloux’s mother, Bobbie Breaux, echoed that position, implying her son might have been mixed up in other people’s trouble.

“It doesn’t surprise me, it really doesn’t,” she said. “People can say anything they want about you. Ryan is a well-known person, and if he’s around any kind of trouble, people are going to assume it’s him.

Federal authorities, speaking on background, said it did not appear Perrilloux was a serious target of an investigation but noted it would take some time to unravel the situation. Rumors of Perrilloux’s imminent arrest also are false, they said.

Breaux said she couldn’t understand how such a firestorm erupted so quickly, but said in the end, her son would not emerge as a bad guy.

“I really can’t say where it’s coming from,” she said. “It’s just rumors, that’s all they are. If he was in any kind of trouble, I wouldn’t be at work right now. I’d be home taking care of it.”

http://www.nola.com/newslogs/tpsports/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_tpsports/archives/2007_01.html#223949

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 03:31 PM
Oh man...can you imagine the fallout if he really did something on the federal level?

Is it wrong that I'm laughing?

soonerlaw
1/11/2007, 03:34 PM
Very vague as to what the charges are... and to think he probably would have been the starter for the whorns this year...

westcoast_sooner
1/11/2007, 03:51 PM
Oh man...can you imagine the fallout if he really did something on the federal level?

Is it wrong that I'm laughing?

Can you say Charles Thompson? Something like this could impact that program in a HUGE way.

footballfanatic
1/11/2007, 03:53 PM
Very vague as to what the charges are... and to think he probably would have been the starter for the whorns this year...

Everyone in Austin is feeling this is pretty funny. Wonder how this will play out.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 03:54 PM
If it happened in H.S. you think some kids and a color printer and scanner hooked up and tried to do some dumb stuff?

LSUdeek
1/11/2007, 03:55 PM
I hope I don't see too many Oklahoma fans enjoying this situation after what you guys have been through.

The latest today is that #11 may not be implicated...

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 03:59 PM
Oh I'm not laughing cause it's LSU...I'm chuckling cause this guy's been a media prima donna since day 1...and now he's getting the WRONG kind of attention.

LSUdeek
1/11/2007, 04:01 PM
Oh I'm not laughing cause it's LSU...I'm chuckling cause this guy's been a media prima donna since day 1...and now he's getting the WRONG kind of attention.

Kyle Williams (#95, Buffalo Bills DT) and Glenn Dorsey shut him up once he arrived on campus. Ah'll agree that his attitude left a lot to be desired.

footballfanatic
1/11/2007, 04:07 PM

Exactly my feelings. He was such a piece of work, even publicly announcing that he wouln't come unless Greg Davis was staying. Then, he turned out to be an turncoat who fled in the middle of the night. Not surprisingly, he appears to have been involved in some iliicit activities. I bet he ends up in prison or Div II.

Pricetag
1/11/2007, 04:15 PM
I'll give him creativity points on the way he made his extra money. Do you think he claimed it on his taxes, too?

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:20 PM
So are you all agreeing on the computer and color printer deal or is this "worse"...

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:39 PM
Where did y'all get this counterfeitting allegation from? I didn't see it in any release.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:44 PM
I was just guessing as they (The FBI) interviewed RP according to his H.S. coach and apparently some of RPs HS friends. I have read nothing about anything except that he may be peripherally involved in illegalness.

I wouldn't think the FBI would be involved unless it is Federal and I have known kids to do stupid stuff with computers/scanners and color printers...

So I was speculating since no one has said anything about what the deal may be.

EDIT: Plus looking at Pricetag's comment this isn't so out in left field.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2007, 04:54 PM
Methinks Perrilooooo will have a role in Pulp Fiction II....

OK2LA
1/11/2007, 04:59 PM
It is widely known to be that Ryan has been involved in smuggling women from Manila to help in his garment factory - known to others as: Perrilloux's Pretty Pant Factory.

(Just thought if we were speculating, we should make it a little more serious than counterfeiting)

n8v_ndn
1/11/2007, 05:02 PM
Perrilloux's crime syndicate made the Co-Big XII South Division Championship rings Coach Brown passed out to his team. Now that they're not the only rings Brown has passed out, he's willing to part w/ them to get the turncoat in trouble.

Beef
Wouldn't the Secret Service be involved if it was counterfeiting?

Scott D
“(Miles) said that if (Perrilloux) had been implicated in any way, he’d be gone, but that he was satisfied (Perrilloux) was not,” Dauterive said.

but if he beat up a fraternity president, beat up his girlfriend, and hit an off duty cop at a high school basketball game, ole Les would have named him the starter last season ;)

Scott D
1/11/2007, 05:03 PM

yep.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 05:05 PM
Well I figured the SS would confirm whether a currency is real or not and perhaps the FBI would then invesitgate and ask questions...perhaps of "racketeering" or "organized criminal entity"...

Scott D
1/11/2007, 05:07 PM
nope, counterfeiting is completely under the jurisdiction of the Secret Service. They have an entire part dedicated to just that one area.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/11/2007, 05:07 PM

Wait, he is in Lousiana, right. Maybe he can just give it to that William Jefferson dood.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 05:12 PM
He put the money in the freezer and Jefferson is totally innocent.

jk the sooner fan
1/11/2007, 05:14 PM
nope, counterfeiting is completely under the jurisdiction of the Secret Service. They have an entire part dedicated to just that one area.

absolutely, the USSS would handle a counterfeit case in its entirety

LSUdeek
1/11/2007, 05:14 PM
but if he beat up a fraternity president, beat up his girlfriend, and hit an off duty cop at a high school basketball game, ole Les would have named him the starter last season ;)

Yunno, I'm not denying that Les had questionable characters that were allowed to start at OSU, but he's done nothing but discipline since he's been here. Chase Pittman got into a bar fight and was suspended for a game before an official ruling was handed down (he hit a guy who was messing with a woman). Our starting KR and SS missed half of the Sugar Bowl for curfew violations.

Scott D
1/11/2007, 05:15 PM
Yunno, I'm not denying that Les had questionable characters that were allowed to start at OSU, but he's done nothing but discipline since he's been here. Chase Pittman got into a bar fight and was suspended for a game before an official ruling was handed down (he hit a guy who was messing with a woman). Our starting KR and SS missed half of the Sugar Bowl for curfew violations.

that's because they didn't have the goods on him like Prentiss did.

Scott D
1/11/2007, 05:17 PM
absolutely, the USSS would handle a counterfeit case in its entirety

you know what'd be righteous...if we began doing the following again. :D

The counterfeiting of money is one of the oldest crimes in history. At some periods in early history, it was considered treasonous and was punishable by death.

LSUdeek
1/11/2007, 05:18 PM
that's because they didn't have the goods on him like Prentiss did.

expound... not gonna let you get away with that

Scott D
1/11/2007, 05:20 PM
expound... not gonna let you get away with that

What's to expound? The alternative scenario is that between the time he left Stillwater, and showed up in Baton Rouge ole Les grew a pair. Elliott had to have something on him if Les had a pair in Stillwater and didn't manage to get thrown off the team.

Monster Zero
1/11/2007, 06:47 PM
Well, it wouldn't be without precedent now, would it?

TexasLidig8r
1/11/2007, 07:02 PM
Am I the only one who is just shaking his head at this little bon mot????

Privately, however, school officials strove to tamp down rumors that Perrilloux had been kicked off the team or that his presence with the Tigers had become an unwelcome distraction.

“Absolutely not. That would mean LSU had one quarterback on scholarship,” one said, when asked if the school was looking to sever its relationship with Perrilloux.

So, school officials are saying, oh hell no, we aren't going to kick him off the team... we may be thin at quarterback then and THAT is a hell of a lot more important than if he did something wrong.
:rolleyes:

birddog
1/11/2007, 07:48 PM

i found that a bit odd as well. win at all costs, i suppose.

i'm very curious to find out what is going on. i hope to gawd we see an extensive, close-up interview with the molester. i can't ever get enough of that guy.

Flying Scotsman
1/11/2007, 08:55 PM
No matter what happens, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

OUTrumpet
1/11/2007, 11:22 PM
I bet Texas fans are saying "glad he didn't come here" now.

LSUdeek
1/12/2007, 12:05 AM
i found that a bit odd as well. win at all costs, i suppose.

i'm very curious to find out what is going on. i hope to gawd we see an extensive, close-up interview with the molester. i can't ever get enough of that guy.

you could take that one of two ways

1) there has not been any proof of wrongdoing, simply an investigation, so no way in hell we will cut bait until he's convicted of something

2) he's guilty as sin, but we can't afford to only have one qb on scholly so no chance we get rid of him now

i prefer 1.

Sooner_Bob
1/12/2007, 12:07 AM
Man . . . this could make fillin' out a fake time card seem not quite as crazy.

soonerloyal
1/12/2007, 12:17 AM
Lordy - these are kids were are talking about. Kids that are only a year or two out of Ma & Pa's nest. Should they know right from wrong by now? Hell yeah! Are they going to be knuckleheads? Yup, a lot of them are.

I won't think badly of him unless it's proven. And yes, it happens to the best of programs. But I won't celebrate a kid's problems or downfall, no matter where he plays football.

If I did that...I'd be a whiney hater at whornfans. *shudder*

OUstud
1/12/2007, 12:47 AM

That's comedy gold. (and purple?)

Ash
1/12/2007, 08:00 AM
Unless a friend or relative is having a background check for security clearance, I can't imagine that being part of a Federal investigation is anything but really bad on some level.

Ruh roh raggy.

footballfanatic
1/12/2007, 09:45 AM
I bet Texas fans are saying "glad he didn't come here" now.

As a Texas fan, I'm glad he didn't come here.

sooneron
1/12/2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe they were just printing up confederate money...

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!

LSUdeek
1/12/2007, 10:15 AM
Supposedly he passed a counterfeit $20 bill at a gas station; after the attendant marked it with the pen he paid with a real one. Evidently his padnah's were printing up funny money and hooked him up with some of it without his knowledge. That is what it is looking like right now.

TexasLidig8r
1/12/2007, 10:21 AM
Supposedly he passed a counterfeit $20 bill at a gas station; after the attendant marked it with the pen he paid with a real one. Evidently his padnah's were printing up funny money and hooked him up with some of it without his knowledge. That is what it is looking like right now.

uh....

http://www.voicechoice.com/images/drevil.jpg

Righhhhhtttt.....

Can he still win the Heisman from prison? :D

HOLLA!!!

LSUdeek
1/12/2007, 10:25 AM
I'm just telling you what I'm hearing, Lid. Too many eyes are on this for there to be a cover up.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/12/2007, 10:44 AM

I AM VINDICATED!!!!

MamaMia
1/12/2007, 11:10 AM
I'm just telling you what I'm hearing, Lid. Too many eyes are on this for there to be a cover up.
Not if he committed his crime on a grassy knoll.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/12/2007, 11:38 AM
Supposedly he passed a counterfeit $20 bill at a gas station; after the attendant marked it with the pen he paid with a real one. Evidently his padnah's were printing up funny money and took it out of Mark Sweeney's locker so he is innocent and all charges will be dropped and there will be an official apology by the surving decendants of Alexander Hamilton. That is what it is looking like right now.

Fixed :D

OK2LA
1/12/2007, 05:19 PM
I AM VINDICATED!!!!

That doesn't mean he's NOT involved in a people smuggling operation TOO!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/12/2007, 05:21 PM
That doesn't mean he's NOT involved in a people smuggling operation TOO!

Heh! :D

OK2LA
1/12/2007, 05:22 PM

I seem to remember many ou fans saying this to tejas fans saying the same thing - about a BRSI controversy on our campus.

No matter what you say, you're a cheater. :D

Embrace it. Counterfeiting is pretty cool.

TUSooner
1/12/2007, 05:43 PM

He was just following in the footsteps of LSU legend, Billy Cannon (federal inmate # 01727-095). Does this make counterfeiting an LSU "Tradition"?

47straight
1/12/2007, 06:06 PM
As a Texas fan, I'm glad he didn't come here.

As a Tulsa fan, I'm glad that Applewhite didn't go there.

And you weren't glad at the time either.

junkyarddawg
1/12/2007, 06:56 PM
nm

OUmillenium
1/12/2007, 07:00 PM
RP, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I've still never seen him play a down. He was supposed to be the second coming of Fumbles McScramble.

LSUdeek
1/12/2007, 09:11 PM
He was just following in the footsteps of LSU legend, Billy Cannon (federal inmate # 01727-095). Does this make counterfeiting an LSU "Tradition"?

If he actually was involved...:rolleyes:

I'm hoping to see this situation resolved soon. :rolleyes:

Stitch Face
1/12/2007, 09:23 PM
If he actually was involved...:rolleyes:

I'm hoping to see this situation resolved soon. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

OK2LA
1/13/2007, 02:11 PM
What's up there?

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 04:57 PM
Why does Soonerfans.com Message Board care about the LSU quarterback...do you have an automator set up that copies everything posted on ESPN into a message

Mixer!
1/13/2007, 07:17 PM
I bet Texas fans are saying "bon mot" now.
:D

OK2LA
1/13/2007, 08:01 PM
Why does Soonerfans.com Message Board care about the LSU quarterback...do you have an automator set up that copies everything posted on ESPN into a message

Wow. Not really sure how to answer that, other than - no, I do not have an automator set up that copies everything posted on espn into a message quote. BUT that sounds really cool - do you know where I can get one of those - that would come in handy in a case like this.

I think that I posted it - probably because R.P. was one of the more highly touted qb's to come out of high school - he was supposed to go to tejas, and all of the chit talkin' and shufflin' he did while committing. I also felt that it was interesting news - considering many of the problems our program was going through with the BRSI controversy. (possible ncaa violations & such) -

Uh, other than that - I guess I don't really have a good reason.

Are you upset about me posting it?

Sorry if I offended you -

LSUdeek
1/14/2007, 06:02 PM
Wow. Not really sure how to answer that, other than - no, I do not have an automator set up that copies everything posted on espn into a message quote. BUT that sounds really cool - do you know where I can get one of those - that would come in handy in a case like this.

I think that I posted it - probably because R.P. was one of the more highly touted qb's to come out of high school - he was supposed to go to tejas, and all of the chit talkin' and shufflin' he did while committing. I also felt that it was interesting news - considering many of the problems our program was going through with the BRSI controversy. (possible ncaa violations & such) -

Uh, other than that - I guess I don't really have a good reason.

Are you upset about me posting it?

Sorry if I offended you -

Better answer: Because soonerfans has invaluable, cherished members whose school of allegiance is LSU.

Boffingham
1/14/2007, 06:10 PM
I'm not upset that you posted it.

I guess I'm just annoyed easily. Like when football announcers just talk to hear themselves talk or repeat obvious stuff like "the bears HAVE to win this game to move onto the NFC championship game.

I just like people who at least add some perspective to an issue rather than just copy useless information from ESPN

I didn't research any of the context of your post, so I appoligize if you at least added your opinion to the subject

colleyvillesooner
1/14/2007, 06:13 PM
Even if he didn't, it sparks a conversation about the subject.

OK2LA
1/14/2007, 07:55 PM
I just like people who at least add some perspective to an issue . . . .

Kinda like this guy? :D

What are the 8 ways this thread could suck any more than it already does.

where are all the myspace accounts with naked college girls?

AD needs to play for our basketball team...we look like crap

I have a shrine to myself, but since I haven't really done anything, it isn't very big

Having a blimp at a covered stadium is a complete waste of money

what is the longest word in the dictionary that can be typed from the top row only

Boffingham
1/14/2007, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boffingham
What are the 8 ways this thread could suck any more than it already does.
OK2LA could post 8 times

Quote:
where are all the myspace accounts with naked college girls?
i found them
Quote:
AD needs to play for our basketball team...we look like crap
he would probably just drive up the middle every play anyway

Quote:
I have a shrine to myself, but since I haven't really done anything, it isn't very big
it is getting bigger by the minute
Quote:
Having a blimp at a covered stadium is a complete waste of money
do you disagree?
Quote:
what is the longest word in the dictionary that can be typed from the top row only
typewriter

crimson&cream
1/14/2007, 09:05 PM
GEEZ! why do care so much that some Soonerfans care so much about RP.Your obsession over their obsession is it not the same?.:pop:

BeetDigger
1/14/2007, 10:48 PM
Why are soonerfans so obsessed with LSU anyway? Who is their coach? Where did he coach before?

TexasLidig8r
1/15/2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.rivalrazz.com/blog/default.asp?style=0&Display=59

colleyvillesooner
1/15/2007, 10:29 AM
Why are soonerfans so obsessed with LSU anyway? Who is their coach? Where did he coach before?

Quit using logic. It's not appreciated here. :D

BeetDigger
1/15/2007, 11:43 AM
Quit using logic. It's not appreciated here. :D

LSU fans worried about what someone says about them. They have more important things to worry about in that state. Isn't half the state illiterate? They give automatic enrollment to anyone who graduates from jr. high don't they?

colleyvillesooner
1/15/2007, 12:10 PM
LSU fans worried about what someone says about them. They have more important things to worry about in that state. Isn't half the state illiterate? They give automatic enrollment to anyone who just goes to jr. high don't they?

fixed and yep!

BeetDigger
1/15/2007, 12:28 PM
fixed and yep!

And shouldn't the LSU fans be bantering with the Whorns anyway? Wasn't Perrilloux the dude the was trying to get whorn recruits across the border to LSU? To hear the whorn fans, you'd have thought he was carrying them.

LSUdeek
1/15/2007, 12:29 PM
LSU fans worried about what someone says about them.

That isn't a sentence.

TexasLidig8r
1/15/2007, 12:57 PM
And shouldn't the LSU fans be bantering with the Whorns anyway? Wasn't Perrilloux the dude the was trying to get whorn recruits across the border to LSU? To hear the whorn fans, you'd have thought he was carrying them.

The schadenfreude is operating on high gear on all Texas websites hoping for even a bigger meltdown than that experienced by Bret Romar.

Nah.. all he did was continue to tell Texas he was coming to Texas a mere few days before signing day... tried to recruit M. Bennett and F. Rouse to come to LSU at the same time.. and then, weaseled out.

I certainly don't mind when kids like Brantley (or is it Whitfield?) change their mind 6 weeks before signing day (you get early commitments, you should expect some 18 year olds to change their minds) and are up front about it... but... to openly lie about it while at the same time, trying to get kids to commit to the school you're going to actually commit to???

LSUdeek
1/15/2007, 03:25 PM
Nah.. all he did was continue to tell Texas he was coming to Texas a mere few days before signing day... tried to recruit M. Bennett and F. Rouse to come to LSU at the same time.. and then, weaseled out.

Neither Martellus Bennett nor Fred Rouse ended up at UT. It's fairly well known that Bennett wanted to come to LSU anyways and his parents made him stay at home and become an aggie.

TexasLidig8r
1/15/2007, 03:46 PM
Neither Martellus Bennett nor Fred Rouse ended up at UT. It's fairly well known that Bennett wanted to come to LSU anyways and his parents made him stay at home and become an aggie.

Sometimes the best recruit you have is the one who commits elsewhere.

Rouse ended up being poison at FSU... is now not even on their roster.

Bennett's brother plays for aggy.. the boy has some ego problems.

And Lyin' Ryan looks like he could be more of a headache than what he's worth.

Hell, I've always like da Tigahs..... the whiskey is good.. back in the day, the coeds were attractive.. fun school... even like the unis... It's rare when I dislike players on opposing teams... but Lyin' Ryan.. well, I'm sure I speak for most Texas fans in saying, if he never sees the field of play.. it will warm our cold hearts. :)

LSUdeek
1/15/2007, 03:57 PM
Rouse ended up being poison at FSU... is now not even on their roster.
Rouse has come out and said publicly that he would like to come to LSU. We were all worried that Miles would take him on due to his supposed penchant for looking the other way at problem kids. Didn't happen.

As for Bennett, he's gotten schooled on the basketball court twice against LSU, which I'm sure is making him regret THAT particular decision.

Eielson
1/15/2007, 04:57 PM
Quote:
typewriter

protereotype?

OK2LA
1/15/2007, 06:18 PM
protereotype?

hate to be a stickler here, but it's actually

proterotype - 11 letters (still longer than - typewriter - 10 letters)

BUT, with this post, I have 8 posts in this here thread, and by hammy's count, that makes this thread suck more than his sister. :eek:

He wins no matter how you look at it - :D

Boffingham
1/15/2007, 06:33 PM
hate to be a stickler here, but it's actually

proterotype - 11 letters (still longer than - typewriter - 10 letters)

BUT, with this post, I have 8 posts in this here thread, and by hammy's count, that makes this thread suck more than his sister. :eek:

He wins no matter how you look at it - :D

use it in a sentance.

OK2LA
1/15/2007, 07:13 PM
use it in a sentance.

Use sentance in a sentence.

Scott D
1/15/2007, 07:26 PM
Rouse has come out and said publicly that he would like to come to LSU. We were all worried that Miles would take him on due to his supposed penchant for looking the other way at problem kids. Didn't happen.

As for Bennett, he's gotten schooled on the basketball court twice against LSU, which I'm sure is making him regret THAT particular decision.

you mean the bright lights of El Paso, Texas won't be enough for him? ;)

You'd only get him for 2 years if he transfers since he'll either have to redshirt for LSU or use this past season as his redshirt.

BeetDigger
1/15/2007, 07:38 PM

Since you want to start the "engrish" smack, "anyways" isn't a word. The funny thing is, I didn't proof read; you, on the other hand, didn't know. So go away little Tiger fan. The track team needs you to go catch some javelins.

OK2LA
1/15/2007, 07:44 PM
Since you want to start the "engrish" smack, "anyways" isn't a word. The funny thing is, I didn't proof read; you, on the other hand, didn't know. So go away little Tiger fan. The track team needs you to go catch some javelins.

hows abouts anywho?

LSUdeek
1/15/2007, 08:43 PM

How do you know that I didn't know? Because I'm an LSU fan? Maybe I enjoy the use of colloquialisms at times. Still, posting non-sentences trumps incorrect words all freaking day (AD).

Get off of my case, loser.

LSUdeek
1/15/2007, 08:44 PM
you mean the bright lights of El Paso, Texas won't be enough for him? ;)

You'd only get him for 2 years if he transfers since he'll either have to redshirt for LSU or use this past season as his redshirt.

He said he wanted to come to LSU before transferring to UTEP. You're right though, I don't think he'll stick around at UTEP.

Scott D
1/15/2007, 09:25 PM
He said he wanted to come to LSU before transferring to UTEP. You're right though, I don't think he'll stick around at UTEP.

further proving he's not that bright, he'd have been better off spending 2006 at Sam Houston St. or something so that he could go to LSU without missing a year. Although it'd be interesting to see how many drug tests during the season he'd have to fail for Lester to cut him loose like Bowden did.

LSUdeek
1/15/2007, 10:50 PM
further proving he's not that bright, he'd have been better off spending 2006 at Sam Houston St. or something so that he could go to LSU without missing a year. Although it'd be interesting to see how many drug tests during the season he'd have to fail for Lester to cut him loose like Bowden did.

Ya'll keep saying that stuff but I have yet to see a player run afoul of the law and keep playing here.

I don't think Rouse is coming.

Eielson
1/15/2007, 10:53 PM
use it in a sentance.

teettertotter?

Eielson
1/15/2007, 10:56 PM
use it in a sentance.

Fine. I can't think of a sentence for proterotype. :texan:

BeetDigger
1/15/2007, 11:39 PM
How do you know that I didn't know? Because I'm an LSU fan? Maybe I enjoy the use of colloquialisms at times. Still, posting non-sentences trumps incorrect words all freaking day (AD).

Heh.

Scott D
1/16/2007, 08:13 AM
Ya'll keep saying that stuff but I have yet to see a player run afoul of the law and keep playing here.

I don't think Rouse is coming.

It wasn't really the law that he ran afoul of, but rather University policy for Student-Athletes. He failed I believe 3 drug tests during the course of his semester at FSU, and by university policy had to be booted out. Bowden didn't feel a need to defend him so much because 'he was only a freshman'. It's not like he got busted for breaking into a dorm, or beating a woman or anything. Just happens to like the ganja a bit too much for someone who wants to have a pro career.

LSUdeek
1/16/2007, 10:06 AM
It wasn't really the law that he ran afoul of, but rather University policy for Student-Athletes. He failed I believe 3 drug tests during the course of his semester at FSU, and by university policy had to be booted out. Bowden didn't feel a need to defend him so much because 'he was only a freshman'. It's not like he got busted for breaking into a dorm, or beating a woman or anything. Just happens to like the ganja a bit too much for someone who wants to have a pro career.

Wasn't it more closely tied to his on-field altercations with the coaches? I'm sure Bowden would have let him slide on the wacky at Free Shoes U.

Jimbo Fisher is in for a rude awakening.

caphorns
1/16/2007, 11:03 AM

True. He could have come to Texas and watched our other guys beat LSU.

Boffingham
1/16/2007, 11:33 AM
Fine. I can't think of a sentence for proterotype. :texan:

then i don't believe you.

and teeter-totter is hyphon-ated

footballfanatic
1/16/2007, 11:37 AM

This is a Big 12 site. I'm not sure how you attained access, but you don't have the appropriate clearance. Please refrain from posting here. Thank you for your cooperation.

LSUdeek
1/16/2007, 12:10 PM
True. He could have come to Texas and watched our other guys beat LSU.

You get all the credit in the world for a 1 point win in a regular season game, on a neutral court, WITH our recruit that you stole scoring 25 points....

I'll raise you our 10-point NCAA Regional Final victory.

Eielson
1/16/2007, 12:20 PM

it means primary type

OK2LA
1/16/2007, 12:48 PM

proterotype
prot·er·o·type /ˈprɒtərəˌtaɪp, ˈproʊtər-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prot-er-uh-tahyp, proh-ter-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a primary type.
[Origin: protero- + type]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

teetertotter
tee·ter·tot·ter /ˈtitərˌtɒtər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tee-ter-tot-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation Chiefly Northern, North Midland, and Western U.S.
–noun
1. a seesaw.
–verb (used without object)
2. to ride a seesaw.
Also, teeter-totter.

[Origin: gradational formation based on totter]

—Regional variation note 1. See seesaw.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Seamus
1/16/2007, 12:54 PM
It's fairly well known that Bennett wanted to come to LSU anyways and his parents made him stay at home and become an aggie.

By "fairly well known" do you mean it has been repeated at least three times on the internet?

OK2LA
1/16/2007, 01:04 PM
Quote:
typewriter

Rupturewort

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary - Cite This Source

Rupturewort

\Rup"ture*wort"\ (?; 135), n. (Bot.) (a) Same as Burstwort. (b) A West Indian plant (Alternanthera polygonoides) somewhat resembling burstwort.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

Scott D
1/16/2007, 06:05 PM
Wasn't it more closely tied to his on-field altercations with the coaches? I'm sure Bowden would have let him slide on the wacky at Free Shoes U.

Jimbo Fisher is in for a rude awakening.

Both factors played into it, the pot issue like I said was an athletic dept. thing. Bowden couldn't have done anything to prevent booting Rouse or the other player off the team because of it, so he went with the flow.

Eielson
1/16/2007, 09:10 PM
Rupturewort

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary - Cite This Source

Rupturewort

\Rup"ture*wort"\ (?; 135), n. (Bot.) (a) Same as Burstwort. (b) A West Indian plant (Alternanthera polygonoides) somewhat resembling burstwort.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

The shift key isn't on the top row.

Boffingham
1/16/2007, 09:24 PM
One word that describes all of you...also from the top row...

queer

Ash
1/16/2007, 11:32 PM
One word that describes all of you...also from the top row...

queer

what about perty weirt?

:twinkies: