PDA

View Full Version : Big 12/Pac 10 Challenge

OSUAggie
1/11/2007, 01:02 PM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2997831

Big 12- Pac-10 hoops series set

The Oklahoman

IRVING, Texas -- The Big 12 and Pacific-10 Conferences announced today an agreement to play a four-year men’s basketball series starting next season.
The series calls for 12 annual games between the two conferences, including Oklahoma at USC and Washington at Oklahoma State next season.

"This series of games with the Pac-10 will showcase some of the best college basketball in the country," Big 12 Commissioner Kevin Weiberg said. "Our two conferences annually produce highly rated teams and multiple NCAA Tournament teams. This series will provide quality match-ups that will help to build the strength of our teams’ non-conference schedules. We are excited to have the opportunity to do this with the Pac-10 in a way that allows all of our teams to participate."

The series will continue in 2008, with games slated for December 4-7 to be return games of the matchups from 2007.

"We are pleased to make this scheduling arrangement with the Big 12 Conference and its members," Pac-10 Commissioner Tom Hansen noted. "It will enable both conferences to provide exciting, high-level basketball competition. The games will spotlight college basketball in early December and will be excellent programming for our television partners. I commend the coaches of the two conferences for embracing the competition which will enhance the power ratings of all participants."

Additional components of the series, including the name of the event, television and sponsorship will be announced at a later date.

BIG 12/PAC-10 MEN’S BASKETBALL SERIES

Sunday, Nov. 25, 2007
Arizona at Kansas

Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007
Oregon at Kansas State
Oklahoma at USC

Friday, Nov. 30, 2007
Washington State at Baylor
Iowa State at Oregon State

Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007
Washington at Oklahoma State
Missouri at California

Sunday, Dec. 2, 2007
Arizona State at Nebraska
Stanford at Colorado
Texas at UCLA
Texas A&M at Arizona

Saturday, Dec. 22, 2007
Stanford vs. Texas Tech (Neutral site TBA)

royalfan5
1/11/2007, 01:27 PM
I am glad the Big XII finally got one of these lined up. Should be good exposure for both leagues.

OSUAggie
1/11/2007, 01:32 PM
The two most ignored (major) leagues in college sports playing each other... yay.

I smell Fox Sports Net coverage.

NormanPride
1/11/2007, 02:40 PM
We should have set something up with the SEC. Thanks, Weiberg.

OUstud
1/12/2007, 12:59 AM
FSN...underwhelming. But at least they'll put Tech on ESPN so everyone can see Knight. :(

OUSKINS
1/12/2007, 08:30 AM
Wonder if they'll send Oregon down to Norman???? :)

Ash
1/12/2007, 08:39 AM
Well, maybe it's a FSN thing. I thought for sure when ESPN started scrolling it on their stations it was theirs.

It will be good for both leagues.

But ESPN is the ACCs beyonce when it comes to college bball with the SEC and Big 11 fighting for sloppy seconds. This would help, though, with countering the phellatio fest of the ACC-Big 11 challenge, etc.

PDXsooner
1/12/2007, 11:50 AM
this is awesome. they should do this in football once in a while as well...