PDA

View Full Version : Hey Star Wars Fans

dolemitesooner
1/11/2007, 10:49 AM
By: Patrick Sauriol, News Editor
Source: TheForce.net
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2004

If this turns out to be legit STAR WARS fans will have a Brit magazine named Hotdog to thank for it, but here goes: according to the December 2003 issue of that magazine, Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew said that when he signed his contract to work in EPISODE III, there was a clause that he would be "required" to work in EPISODES VII, XIII and IX of the STAR WARS film series.

TheForce.net is running this story and are already on the case, emailing Lucasfilm to ask for confirmation or denial of the story. If it is true, it will contradict what STAR WARS creator George Lucas has told fans these past few years, that there won't be a third trilogy of films after all.

Before STAR WARS fans leap into hyperspace we should wait for what Lucasfilm has to say on the matter. And just to drive the die-hard STAR WARS fans nuts, if Chewie were to make appearances in three new STAR WARS films, that certainly would invalidate the Wookiee's death in the book franchise, wouldn't it?

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2007, 10:51 AM
Date: Thursday, January 15, 2004

I'm guessing they've denied it by now.

dolemitesooner
1/11/2007, 10:52 AM
Don't kill the messanger

ouflak
1/11/2007, 10:57 AM
... he would be "required" to work in EPISODES VII, XIII and IX of the STAR WARS film series.

TheForce.net is running this story and are already on the case, emailing Lucasfilm to ask for confirmation or denial of the story. If it is true, it will contradict what STAR WARS creator George Lucas has told fans these past few years, that there won't be a third trilogy of films after all.

This came out a while back. As was pointed out then, there is no contradiction. Just because someone agrees in their contract to work some possible films in the distant future doesn't mean those films will ever be made. Also there is no guarantee that they will necessarily be portraying the same character if those films actually were made and this provision was brought up to get that actor into the production.

orangekaje
1/11/2007, 10:58 AM
There's too much money to be made to not do them. We'll see 7,8 and 9 regardless of the books.

Czar Soonerov
1/11/2007, 10:58 AM
Beware teh Wookie....

NormanPride
1/11/2007, 10:59 AM
They should get Bay as an assistant director.

dolemitesooner
1/11/2007, 11:00 AM
They should get Bay as an assistant director.
Lucas is alreay bad enough

JohnnyMack
1/11/2007, 11:01 AM
I TRIED to watch Ep. 3 the other day. Good lord is George Lucas the worst director in the history of evar? He ruined that series when he decided to direct.

picasso
1/11/2007, 11:08 AM
my favorite part is when he builds the devil's tower out of mud and junk on his dining room table.

pretty cool.

NormanPride
1/11/2007, 11:08 AM
Lucas is alreay bad enough

Dude, imagine the tandem. Produced by Bruckheimer. The movie would be AWESOME.

bri
1/11/2007, 11:16 AM
It is horrible, this idea.

dolemitesooner
1/11/2007, 12:58 PM
Dude, imagine the tandem. Produced by Bruckheimer. The movie would be AWESOME.
Say somthing about those twwo agian and I will neg THt living sHEET HOUSE OF YOU

yermom
1/11/2007, 02:44 PM
i don't remember Chewie dying in the Zahn trilogy... i'd kinda assumed that if they made 3 more movies those would be them

did i just miss that part?

skycat
1/11/2007, 02:46 PM
i don't remember Chewie dying in the Zahn trilogy... i'd kinda assumed that if they made 3 more movies those would be them

did i just miss that part?

He died in a series that happens a long time after the Zahn trilogy. It's in the first book of the series (which I think is still ongoing), but I can't remember the name of it.

I haven't read any Star Wars books for a long time.

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2007, 02:51 PM
Beware teh Wookie....

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9580/chewbaccawi4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

yermom
1/11/2007, 02:55 PM
He died in a series that happens a long time after the Zahn trilogy. It's in the first book of the series (which I think is still ongoing), but I can't remember the name of it.

I haven't read any Star Wars books for a long time.

i read the one that started with Jedi Search and a couple of one-offs

i basically stopped reading fiction after i went back to college

TheUnnamedSooner
1/11/2007, 02:57 PM
Star Trek is better

Worf could kick Chewie's *** :D

8timechamps
1/11/2007, 02:58 PM
my favorite part is when he builds the devil's tower out of mud and junk on his dining room table.

pretty cool.

This didn't go unappreciated.

Well done.

JohnnyMack
1/11/2007, 03:11 PM
They dropped a planet on Chewie's head at the end of Vector Prime.

GottaHavePride
1/11/2007, 03:36 PM
They dropped a planet on Chewie's head at the end of Vector Prime.

That was the point where I said "man, these people are realy reaching for story ideas" and stopped reading.

The Zahn trilogy was freakin' awesome. And actually, I thought Stackpole's X-Wing series was pretty damn interesting.

yermom
1/11/2007, 03:38 PM
i never read any Stackpole, partially because the Battletech guys i knew were all over his jock and it kinda turned me off

he wrote some for Babylon 5 though, didn't he?

bri
1/11/2007, 03:41 PM
My god, I never thought this would happen...I'm not nearly geeky enough for this thread. :D

yermom
1/11/2007, 03:45 PM
i'm mostly a geek by association :D

skycat
1/11/2007, 03:46 PM
That was the point where I said "man, these people are realy reaching for story ideas" and stopped reading.

The Zahn trilogy was freakin' awesome. And actually, I thought Stackpole's X-Wing series was pretty damn interesting.

The X-Wing series started off great, but kind of ran out of steam.

For the most part I really liked the Zahn trilogy, but thought the climactic battle was unbearably lame.

The problem with all of the EU stuff is that it is incredibly hit and miss. Kind of like the movies I guess.

yermom
1/11/2007, 03:47 PM
The X-Wing series started off great, but kind of ran out of steam.

For the most part I really liked the Zahn trilogy, but thought the climactic battle was unbearably lame.

The problem with all of the EU stuff is that it is incredibly hit and miss. Kind of like the movies I guess.

that's exactly what i thought

DustySooner
1/11/2007, 03:49 PM
Heh do you have to be classified as "uber geek" for this thread?

By the way, Chewie would rip Worf in half...and to add James T. Kirk is NO match for Han Solo. :D

JohnnyMack
1/11/2007, 03:49 PM
i never read any Stackpole, partially because the Battletech guys i knew were all over his jock and it kinda turned me off

he wrote some for Babylon 5 though, didn't he?

Mike Stackpole and Aaron Allston were both good. Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron were both fun.

yermom
1/11/2007, 03:50 PM
Kirk may have bedded down the Green Lady, but Han got Leia ;)

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2007, 03:53 PM
i'm mostly a geek by association :D

That's what all the REALLY big geeks say.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:00 PM
Mike Stackpole and Aaron Allston were both good. Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron were both fun.

What the heck is this?

DustySooner
1/11/2007, 04:03 PM
That's what all the REALLY big geeks say.

Speaking of geeks and Star Wars..if you haven't seen Triumph the Insult Comic Dog interview the people at the premier of either II or III(can't remember), then you have to watch it if you have some free time. It's pretty good stuff..about 10 minutes long. Very funny.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8916288474241262495&q=Triumph+Star+Wars&hl=en

JohnnyMack
1/11/2007, 04:05 PM
What the heck is this?

Nerd talk. Never you mind.

SoonerBK
1/11/2007, 05:54 PM
I always thought that Kirk could kick Picard's rear end half way around the galaxy, given the chance.

TheUnnamedSooner
1/11/2007, 06:16 PM
I always thought that Kirk could kick Picard's rear end half way around the galaxy, given the chance.

Of course he could, Picard was a diplomat and got his *** kicked numerous times, Kirk was a fighter. Riker would put up a better fight though.

Han may have gotten leia, but Kirk got a woman from every planet he visited. :D Quantity not quality

DustySooner
1/11/2007, 06:23 PM
Of course he could, Picard was a diplomat and got his *** kicked numerous times, Kirk was a fighter. Riker would put up a better fight though.

Han may have gotten leia, but Kirk got a woman from every planet he visited. :D Quantity not quality

Yeah but did all those women Kirk shagged wear a skimpy gold bikini?

Side note: I always liked Sisko as a captain. He was an *** kicker too. I'm thinkin Sisko vs. Kirk might be a tougher fight.

Oldnslo
1/11/2007, 10:52 PM
Kirk got more *** than Hertz. James T pwns all your base.

bri
1/11/2007, 11:33 PM
The only thing James T needs to own is a crapload of space penicillin.

GottaHavePride
1/11/2007, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah, this thread is white and nerdy. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1384277706451157121)

soonerboomer93
1/12/2007, 01:06 AM
oh yeah, this thread is way beyond me for nerdiness

BudSooner
1/17/2008, 07:21 PM
Jeez, am I the first to see an announcement for a Star Wars tv series?

Or was I just in the crapper?

bri
1/17/2008, 07:41 PM
Nah, I remember when they announced it during the big 30th anniversary celebration last summer. I also remember saying "meh".

Now that they've announed that Boba Fett is going to appear in the series, I've upgraded my "meh" to a "hmmm".

Vaevictis
1/17/2008, 07:52 PM
And just to drive the die-hard STAR WARS fans nuts, if Chewie were to make appearances in three new STAR WARS films, that certainly would invalidate the Wookiee's death in the book franchise, wouldn't it?

The author is silly on this. Invalidate? Chewie dies something like 30 years after Return of the Jedi.

Take another look at the Legacy of the Force series. I think it's pretty good, and the Skywalker family comes full circle like you always knew it would.

BigRedJed
1/17/2008, 07:53 PM
I stopped reading Star Wars books after Splinter of the Mind's Eye, 'cause I'm old school like that. You Star Wars n00bs can suck it.

BigRedJed
1/17/2008, 07:54 PM
And I bought that **** when it was new, too. I'm a creaker.