PDA

View Full Version : This is teh succ

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2007, 09:47 AM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=17919a54-4580-41b1-9f94-f402360f80fe

This fire has been going on 2 weeks a few miles from our house. It's not like it's super stinky or anything, but the smoke is starting to get to my son's asthma.

We might be ready for another hospital run.

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 10:34 AM
Sue the pants off of em! ;)

Air toxins/Smog/smoke are the suc. Eariler this week a chemical plant not to far from my office leaked something and whatever it was I was allergic to. I Broke out all over, from my scalp to my toes. The next day I was fine....But man the reaction from the chemical was horrible. :mad:

Hope your boy hangs in there and doesnt have to go to the hospital again.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 10:44 AM
TexasSooner - were you in Sugar Land during the Nalco release? I was stuck in place at Fluor. I actually was in an office looking directly at Nalco and saw the release happen. It sure looked worse than it turned out to be. I thought there was an explosion.

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 10:54 AM
TexasSooner - were you in Sugar Land during the Nalco release? I was stuck in place at Fluor. I actually was in an office looking directly at Nalco and saw the release happen. It sure looked worse than it turned out to be. I thought there was an explosion.

Yes I am in Sugar Land, Right behind the First Colony Mall. I didnt smell anything weird....but man I sure had a bad reaction to it. It Succed real bad.

I heard that it was a tanker truck that hit something and cracked the tank it was carrying. Either way....I hope it never happens again.

dolemitesooner
1/11/2007, 10:56 AM
Stick it In THEIR azz

NormanPride
1/11/2007, 10:57 AM
My parents were talking about how bad it was, and they live in Alamo Heights. :( I feel for ya, buddy. Do you have air filters running in your house?

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2007, 11:08 AM
My parents were talking about how bad it was, and they live in Alamo Heights. :( I feel for ya, buddy. Do you have air filters running in your house?
Yeah, we are near Leon Valley. Much closer.

No special filters.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 11:43 AM
Yes I am in Sugar Land, Right behind the First Colony Mall. I didnt smell anything weird....but man I sure had a bad reaction to it. It Succed real bad.

I heard that it was a tanker truck that hit something and cracked the tank it was carrying. Either way....I hope it never happens again.

Were you outside to get it on you.

At Fluor, they shut off the HVAC and we watched the cloud come over. It was white, then brownish-orange. It was weird. The story I heard was that a pressure relief valve failed. That could mean mechanical failure or that it was hit and broken. Who knows...

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 11:55 AM
Were you outside to get it on you.

At Fluor, they shut off the HVAC and we watched the cloud come over. It was white, then brownish-orange. It was weird. The story I heard was that a pressure relief valve failed. That could mean mechanical failure or that it was hit and broken. Who knows...

Well I had left the office at around 1230 to get lunch, and since it was a pretty day had the windows down on my drive. I didnt know about it at that time or I would of stayed in.

Our office buliding got a call from the Fire Dept around 130 telling us to turn of the AC and to stay inside....But I was already contaminated. :mad:

BoogercountySooner
1/11/2007, 11:56 AM
Prayers for your son SAS

GrapevineSooner
1/11/2007, 11:58 AM
We might be ready for another hospital run.

I'll say.

The latest estimates show the fire will be out by the end of the month at a cost of $1.75 million dollars.

Three more weeks of that crap? Hope your son's able to make it that long without going to the hospital.

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 12:06 PM
I'll say.

Three more weeks of that crap? Hope your son's able to make it that long without going to the hospital.

Are there any special filters you can buy to help. That's gotta be hard to deal with as a parent.

Hopefully it wont end up with your boy in the hospital again.....

If I was in that position...and I had the fundage, I would take a vacation for the next three weeks. But that option may not be available to you. :(

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2007, 03:09 PM
Just got back from the emergency room.

We'll probably have to step up all his meds until that fire is done.

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 03:20 PM
I hope things get better for him SAS.

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2007, 04:21 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=02887c13-a443-4a2b-9f77-5370a6a39788

yermom
1/11/2007, 04:27 PM
how hard is it to stop a compost fire?

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2007, 04:28 PM
The complication is that the city of Helotes voted NOT to have a fire department. The owner of the business has been forced to fight the fire on his own even though it was arson that started it.

Now some company has been hired to deal with it, but it will take some time.

Must be a freak'n huge pile of compost.

SoonerStormchaser
1/11/2007, 04:29 PM
Why haven't I heard anything about it? It's on the other side of town from me (I'm up in the NE side)...but I haven't heard a thing.

I should crawl out from under my rock.

NormanPride
1/11/2007, 04:39 PM
It's something like 800 yards long and 80 feet high. Completely immense.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:41 PM

'bout as hard to stop a tire dump fire.

You got to get in there and dig out the compost and then wet it down. Repeat many times...

Sooner_Bob
1/11/2007, 05:51 PM
Sounds like that tire fire in Everett, Washington back in 1984, but it burned for like three months.

Our youngest has to deal with respiratory stuff every so often . . . so I hope your boy gets to feelin' better sas.