PDA

View Full Version : Story for MatlockinFLA

1stTimeCaller
1/11/2007, 12:34 AM
Here's a somewhat interesting story about my new coworkers.

One just hired on from another Oil Services company. he graduated from USC. I'm ready to puncherize his chubby face. He grew up in California and has lived in OKC for a year. I talk slow. I talk very slow, I know this and sometimes I try to make myself talk faster so as to not sound like the hillbilly that I am. This jackhole has been trying to make fun of the way that I talk by trying to talk with a drawl and real slow like. To get him back I keep sending him either up to the dog house or to the trailer, depending on where we are at. He is way overweight and this rigfloor is much higher off of the ground thatn a regular rig is. Just going up or coming down leaves him short of breath.

My lead hand is a really nice guy and he's enjoyable to be around. I like him probably best of anyone I've worked with here.

The lead directional driller is something else. This clown shows up at 7pm the other day. The rest of us were here at 3:30 or earlier. I thought he would be getting in by 4 so I held off on hooking my power up to the generator in case he needed to hardwire into the generator. I figured the other guy that was hard wired into the generator like I was going to have to do would rather his power go out once and not twice. the DD shows up and then it's story time. Finally at 10:00 I told him that I had been waiting for 7 hours to hook my power up and that we could visit later. He then changes the generator from single phase to 3 phase. He thought that his 50 amp trailer would get better power that way. Nevermind that nothing in a 5th wheel trailer is 3 phase. With 3 phase we couldn't get 110v so we had to make him switch it back.

The second hand DD is a coonass and he's great. He's funny and talks weirder than I do so the chubby kid sometimes gets confused as to what kind of an accent to use when talking to us both.

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 01:12 AM
I would so introduce that guy to The Mauler if he was over here.

But then, he wouldn't last because the guys here wouldn't put up with that ****

SoonerTerry
1/11/2007, 04:56 AM
You tellin me ya'll havent dipped his bare arse in a 5 gallon bucket of grease yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?\

What's the oil patch comin too....

BoogercountySooner
1/11/2007, 06:14 AM
Ring his safety glasses and hardhat with grease or Dykem!

Petro-Sooner
1/11/2007, 11:24 AM
Where are you at 1TC?