PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Spring Game?

goingoneight
1/10/2007, 11:22 PM
I would love to see another crowd like we had last year. Problem is, the crowd was mostly the obnoxious redneck fans and the students didn't really seem to care like I did in my day.

How cool would it be to get a sellout for a RED/WHITE scrimmage??? :D

I'm really excited to see some new faces in the mix with OUr proven OL and WRs.

What I am looking forward to seeing:

1. DeMarco Murray-- why did he just seem to drop off the face of the Earth with Sooner Fans? Shoot, every team in the country was looking and recruiting him. According to his bio, he is a phenominal RB, and standout slot-receiver, and returns kicks and punts. I think I heard he plays corner also.

2. Sam Bradford-- give 'em hell home boy. I've been waiting patiently for a non-:texan: to QB ever since TGWWDNSO.

3. Keith Nichol-- I'm not against you, bro... I just don't see you eing another Jamelle Hollieway. True frosh don't usually pan out in pro-style offenses. Ask Mitch Mustain why his coaches pulled him and why he rarely passed the ball. If you can game, and you can manage the machine the best... good. If not, ride with Sam or Joey, don't transfer out. See: Tommy Grady, Sam Keller, Courtney Tennial, etc.

4. New LB's. As far as I'm concerned, that is the only thing BV is guaranteed to dominate in year in and out. I question his overall scheme and lack of fundamentals (pass-coverage, QB pressure, and oh... TACKLING!!!) Again, not ripping BV here, I'm just excited to see his n00bs.

5. SOMEONE PLEASE FILL THE DEPTH CHART BEHIND REGGIE as the return man. Reggie is a stud when he's healthy, but he's not superman, going in between X's and O's, learning both schemes and routs and stuff can be tiring and frustrating to also have to return everything.

SoonerGirl06
1/10/2007, 11:38 PM
I seriously doubt it'll be a sellout crowd at the Spring Game. But it would be nice.

I'm planning to go because I'm interested in the QB situation and want to get a sneak peek as to who might take over. I doubt Joey will be in the lead... I don't think he's got it in him to be a starter and there's better talent coming in who'll be competing for that position.

Hopefully the defense will do better next season. I don't think they performed as well as they should have. There were way too many missed tackles and coverage was lacking. Venables really needs to step up in that department IMO.

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2007, 12:10 AM
I have a real bad feeling they are gonna make it on my Wedding Day.

SoonerTerry
1/11/2007, 12:13 AM
I'm gonna give it a try this year..

Rhino
1/11/2007, 12:23 AM
1. DeMarco Murray-- why did he just seem to drop off the face of the Earth with Sooner Fans? Shoot, every team in the country was looking and recruiting him. According to his bio, he is a phenominal RB, and standout slot-receiver, and returns kicks and punts. I think I heard he plays corner also. He's been injured most of the fall and very slow coming back.

He'll most likely be trying out some other positions this spring.

sooner518
1/11/2007, 12:29 AM
He's been injured most of the fall and very slow coming back.

He'll most likely be trying out some other positions this spring.
I thought one of the big reasons he chose us was because Stoops told him he could play RB and USC wanted him as a DB

Rhino
1/11/2007, 12:32 AM
Yeah.

BoonesFarmSooner
1/11/2007, 10:06 AM
I'll be there! I'll want to check out the QB play and see how A. Box looks.

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2007, 10:09 AM
Other positions like RB/WR. From what the tapes show, he should be a good RB/ Slot WR to go with Patrick. Those seem to be the rumblings since he got here.

Fraggle145
1/11/2007, 10:22 AM
I'll be there...

TexasSooner01
1/11/2007, 10:23 AM
I will be there with my oldest boy. Cant wait.

Is it time to go yet?

Fugue
1/11/2007, 10:45 AM
In.

IronSooner
1/11/2007, 10:53 AM
I should be there. Probably chomping at the bit to see some real(ish) football by then.

setem
1/11/2007, 10:56 AM
What about the big red rally?!?!

Some of you know what this is about...or maybe not.

Spring game should be fun. The nephew and I have gone for the last 2 years. Last year we got to go down on the field. I they mistook him for one of the kids from an orphanage who were on the sidelines. It was pretty cool.

When we got there I told my nephew...that is Barry Switzer! I am gonna touch him, when I got out of the car some jerk flew by and almost took the door off. I still went over there, but it was not Switzer....I still touched him....

MamaMia
1/11/2007, 11:28 AM
We love the Spring game! :D
We have a big family gathering and always make a weekend of it. Does anyone know the date so I can make our hotel reservations?

crawfish
1/11/2007, 11:30 AM

You've got terrible priorities.

colleyvillesooner
1/11/2007, 11:40 AM
You've got terrible priorities.

Did I say I wasn't going? :D

OSUAggie
1/11/2007, 01:06 PM
1. DeMarco Murray-- why did he just seem to drop off the face of the Earth with Sooner Fans? Shoot, every team in the country was looking and recruiting him. According to his bio, he is a phenominal RB, and standout slot-receiver, and returns kicks and punts. I think I heard he plays corner also.

What about Gerald McCoy, didn't every team in the country want him and recruit him, as well? Why can't he make your top 5?

#1 SOONER FAN
1/11/2007, 02:04 PM
in

snp
1/11/2007, 02:20 PM
In.

soonerhillbilly
1/11/2007, 03:32 PM
Plan on being there !

swardboy
1/11/2007, 10:51 PM
I'll be the guy in the stands....

goingoneight
1/11/2007, 11:05 PM
What about Gerald McCoy, didn't every team in the country want him and recruit him, as well? Why can't he make your top 5?

Because he's number 6 :D...

MyT Oklahoma
1/11/2007, 11:16 PM
Kimmy and I will be there just like last year. That's where we first met.

toast
1/11/2007, 11:23 PM
i'll be there with my son, simply because it's a great reason to get out of the house on a usually beautiful day.

soonerrn
1/11/2007, 11:31 PM
Plan on being there!

rainiersooner
1/12/2007, 02:48 AM

There's a reason churches and reception venues are cheaper on Sundays.:)

Jimminy Crimson
1/12/2007, 04:01 AM
There like Cher...

soonerguild
1/12/2007, 05:00 AM
Ya see that is the beautiful thing about OU football, when you add in recruiting and the spring game, it is almost a full year sport. Anyway of course Ill be there, too much good stuff to miss.

MyT Oklahoma
1/12/2007, 12:50 PM
The spring game is tentatively scheduled for April 7th. The information was just posted at soonersports.com today and is subject to change.

colleyvillesooner
1/12/2007, 02:39 PM
YES!

Fugue
1/12/2007, 02:56 PM
YES!

not so fast my friend. You're gonna have to do lists out the ying-yang so you better hope it's not anywhere near your wedding date. :D

soonersam
1/12/2007, 03:11 PM
I hope to see the hook and ladder on the first play this spring!!!

Sooner24
1/12/2007, 10:16 PM
We love the Spring game! :D
We have a big family gathering and always make a weekend of it. Does anyone know the date so I can make our hotel reservations?

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=746632

CatfishSooner
1/13/2007, 01:21 AM
gay.

fossil
1/13/2007, 08:48 AM
Gonna be there. Driving up from San Antonio, picking my brother-in-law up in Durant and driving up for the game. Bought tickets last year, but had to miss because of a death in the family. Coming this year, anxious to see the new crop of players and hope to be able to finally meet some of you if there's any parties gonna happen in the parking lot.

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 05:07 PM
the question should be...who is going "to be standing behind center" in the spring game next year