PDA

View Full Version : Cable Connection Question

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 05:59 PM
The cable guy just left and said the problem with my connection is that the cord in the house has a "head" covers the pin up and that's why I can't get cable.

How do you replace the head or end of the cable?

yermom
1/10/2007, 06:00 PM
and he didn't fix it?

replacing the ends isn't that hard, though non-trivial

and it takes special tools (a crimper)

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 06:01 PM
and he didn't fix it?
No, the son of a bitch was a real *******. He just threw the cord down and said, "you'll need to replace the head" and then left.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 06:11 PM
I don't know of visual aids make a difference or not but here is the problem:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020005-1.jpg

yermom
1/10/2007, 06:12 PM
is that connected to the wall plate, or just coming out of it?

can you not just go to Wal-Mart and get another one?

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 06:14 PM
I don't know of visual aids make a difference or not but here is the problem:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020005-1.jpg

Looks like you need to replace the head.

YWIA

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 06:25 PM
Well, here is my head question.
As you can see, there are two sections to the head. The pin comes up to the top of the black head before the silver head starts. Do I need to replace that entire thing or can I just take a pair of scissors and cut off the metal part of it which wouldn't affect the pin or anything on the actual cord.

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 06:44 PM
Go to Radio Shack or Home Depot. Buy a coax stripper (like $8). Cut the head off. Use the coax-stripper to strip the coax. Put a new head on ($1 or $2). Crimp (pliers or buy a real crimp tool if you want). Good as new.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 06:46 PM
Will I get electrocuted doing this?

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 06:52 PM
No.

Ike
1/10/2007, 06:52 PM
is the cable connected to a wall socket, or does it come directly out of the wall. if it's the first, just buy some new cable. its cheap.

if not, I'll be happy to fix it for you for 100 bucks, plus airfare from chicago to waco and back.

on second thought, better add 1000 bucks to that just for having to be in waco.

DustySooner
1/10/2007, 06:54 PM
Does power even run thru the cable?

Usually you get the power from the wall socket.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 06:55 PM
Does power even run thru the cable?

Usually you get the power from the wall socket.

I know not the ways of the handy.

Ike
1/10/2007, 06:55 PM
Will I get electrocuted doing this?

now you owe me a new monitor...I just spewed coke all over mine after reading this.

:mad:

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 06:56 PM
You get a very small voltage through the cable. It's not enough to hurt you; I don't think it's even enough to shock you.

Don't do it during a thunderstorm if your cable is subject to lightning strikes though ;)

1stTimeCaller
1/10/2007, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a current but it's very small.

Ike
1/10/2007, 06:57 PM

see, the way you say it like that, you make it seem like this is a normal condition or something.

it isn't.

DustySooner
1/10/2007, 06:57 PM

Heh. As long you don't stick the new tools you buy in the wall socket you should be fine. :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/10/2007, 06:58 PM
Stick your tongue to it and see.

Of course, this is my advice to everyone for everything so don't listen to me.

yermom
1/10/2007, 06:59 PM
are there not any A/V geeks in Waco? :)

DustySooner
1/10/2007, 06:59 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a current but it's very small.

Yeah I didn't think you could get hurt.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 07:00 PM
are there not any A/V geeks in Waco? :)

I try not to intermingle with other departments.

1stTimeCaller
1/10/2007, 07:01 PM

:hot:

go on

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 07:02 PM

Heh.

159. The presence of low voltages can be determined by tasting.
The method is feasible only where the pressure is but a few volts and hence is used only in bell and signal work.
Where the voltage is very low, the bared ends of the conductors constituting the circuit are held a short distance apart on the tongue. If voltage is present a peculiar mildly burning sensation results, which will never be forgotton after one has experianced it. The taste is due to the electrolytic decomposition of the liquids on the tongue which produces a salt having a taste. With voltages of 4 or 5 volts, due to as many cells of a battery, it is best to test for the presence of voltages by holding one of the bared conductors in the hand and touching the other to the tongue.
Where a terminal of a battery is grounded, often a taste can be detected by standing on moist ground and touching a conductor from the other battery terminal to the tongue. Care should be exercised to prevent the two conductor ends from touching each other at the tongue, for if they do a spark can result that may burn.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 07:02 PM

They do have cable in Branson...

Okay, so I'm going to run to walmart and get a new head thingy mabopper gigaboo.

I don't think I'll buy a stripper or other bizzare *** tool. I'll just cut it off with scissors and then use a knife to strip the cord.

How far down do I strip? Just until I get to the head?

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/10/2007, 07:03 PM
Oh, jebus...

Ike
1/10/2007, 07:03 PM
sicem...seriously. answer this one question for me.

can the cable in question be unplugged from the wall?

sooner_born_1960
1/10/2007, 07:05 PM
Raise you hand if you've never put your own coaxial connectors together.

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 07:05 PM
I don't think I'll buy a stripper or other bizzare *** tool. I'll just cut it off with scissors and then use a knife to strip the cord.

Let me know how that goes. :pop:

(In other words, really -- you don't want to do that. But if you decide to anyway, let me know how it goes so I can laugh at you. A lot.)

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 07:06 PM
sicem...seriously. answer this one question for me.

can the cable in question be unplugged from the wall?

No, I checked. It goes through the wall. I wish you could, but since this is me it has to be as complicated as humanly possible. My roommate actually owns the house so I'm hesitant to do the stripping myself. I may wait until he gets home to do it.

yermom
there are multiple layers of junk under there too, it's more than just stripping the wire

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/RG-59.jpg

http://www.hometech.com/learn/coaxterm.html

DustySooner

So many things wrong with this sentence...so many things to be said. I'll leave it alone...this time.

Ike
1/10/2007, 07:07 PM
They do have cable in Branson...

Okay, so I'm going to run to walmart and get a new head thingy mabopper gigaboo.

why do I get the feeling that this may well result in bodily harm to sicem?

sicem, using a knife to strip coax is not a very bright idea.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 07:09 PM
Hell, you don't even need a stripper. You can buy threaded heads now that you just screw on.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 07:09 PM
Okay, I'm off. I'm going to go ahead and get the new head, but I think I'll tackle this when my roommate gets home but I'm not sure the two of us together will be any better.

But we'll see. Updates to follow!

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 07:10 PM
there are multiple layers of junk under there too, it's more than just stripping the wire

Dammit, you shouldn't have told him. The story from him trying to strip it with just scissors and a knife could have been ****ing hilarious.

yermom
1/10/2007, 07:10 PM
Hell, you don't even need a stripper. You can buy threaded heads now that you just screw on.

never seen those... they actually work well?

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/10/2007, 07:11 PM
We may never see him again.

DustySooner
1/10/2007, 07:14 PM
Someone should get a "will sicem get hurt" poll goin. :D

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 07:16 PM
One statement ,or rather ? why did you pisz off Larry ?
You should have begged him to fix it for you .
And dont let these aszclowns fool you , you can and will get lectrocuted if you dont know what your doing !:eek:

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 07:16 PM
never seen those... they actually work well?

The couple of times I've used them they've been fine. I mean, I don't yank on my coax that often (though I do windsurf on Mt. Baldy).

yermom
1/10/2007, 07:19 PM
i hear you'll go blind doing that :eek:

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 07:20 PM
I want to test BSGs coax by sticking my tounge to it :hot:

BigRedJed
1/10/2007, 07:21 PM
Zzzt.

BoogercountySooner
1/10/2007, 07:31 PM

:eek: :eek: WOW

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/10/2007, 07:32 PM
He should get some Zimas and then try to fix this.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

soonerboomer93
1/10/2007, 07:50 PM
i am not speechless, there are way too many ways this thread can go

OUDoc
1/10/2007, 08:22 PM
I think just buying a new piece of cable would be the wiser idea.
The funnier idea is sending sic 'em to get something electrical.

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 08:24 PM
I think just buying a new piece of cable would be the wiser idea.
The funnier idea is sending sic 'em to get something electrical.
Are you saying If he gets a New tool add in his titays he will be a he/she ?

OUDoc
1/10/2007, 08:26 PM
Are you saying If he gets a New tool add in his titays he will be a he/she ?
No, just a Baylor Bear. :D

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 08:35 PM
No, just a Baylor Bear. :D
Same difference huh ? ;)

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 10:03 PM
I'm still waiting for the report. You know that because SicEm was involved, hilarity must have ensued.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 10:10 PM
Nothing to report yet. Roommate isn't home and I'm going to wait to see if he knows what he's doing and make this into a "group effort."

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 10:15 PM
I'm tellin' you man, just buy the stripper, pop the head on, and crimp it with a pair of pliers.

... unless you want to entertain us, in which case, by all means do just try it with scissors and a knife.

SicEmBaylor
1/10/2007, 10:19 PM
I'm tellin' you man, just buy the stripper, pop the head on, and crimp it with a pair of pliers.

... unless you want to entertain us, in which case, by all means do just try it with scissors and a knife.

Well, I almost bought a pair of strippers to do it myself. The heads I bought specifically state on the package that they don't need to be crimped.

The reason I didn't buy the strippers is becuase they came in different sizes and I'm not sure which one was right to get the job done.

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 10:31 PM
They come in different sizes? Wierd, I've only ever seen one size for a coax stripper.

Keep in mind that this is a device about the size of a thumb that has a hole with a razor in it, you stick the coax in, spin it around the coax, and you're done. It's not a wrench/plier-type device.

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 10:31 PM
Well, I almost bought a pair of strippers to do it myself. The heads I bought specifically state on the package that they don't need to be crimped.

The reason I didn't buy the strippers is becuase they came in different sizes and I'm not sure which one was right to get the job done.
Dude you are so gonna get lectrocuted :eek:

OUinFLA
1/10/2007, 11:51 PM
I love the SO.
It makes my day so much funner.

olevetonahill
1/11/2007, 12:05 AM
I love the SO.
It makes my day so much funner.
Yup I want pics of him trying to do this ! :D

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 01:14 AM
They come in different sizes? Wierd, I've only ever seen one size for a coax stripper.

Keep in mind that this is a device about the size of a thumb that has a hole with a razor in it, you stick the coax in, spin it around the coax, and you're done. It's not a wrench/plier-type device.

He probably went to the strip club to buy a pair of strippers and couldn't decide which ones to take

OKC Sooner
1/11/2007, 01:32 AM
He probably went to the strip club to buy a pair of strippers and couldn't decide which ones to take
He could always try sticking his tongue to them....

OU Adonis
1/11/2007, 02:35 AM
The typical coax size is called RG-6.

Here is a good walk through on how to do it yourself.

http://www.interstateelectronics.com/howto/coaxterm.html

frankensooner
1/11/2007, 10:05 AM
I started running cable lines when I was 10. I find this thread humorous, and not just the innuendo. ;) Sic, did you ever get a refund from sdc?

Tulsa_Fireman
1/11/2007, 10:32 AM
What I wanna know is through all this advice of cuttin' new fittings, buying a replacement cable, how to recut a fitting, where's the gold nugget of advice where he calls the local system and straight up nuts someone for their tech stiffing him with a problem, supposedly recognizing the problem, and not doing jack squat to fix it?

Do that. Let the system take care of it. Don't waste your hard earned change on the sh*t you'll get for fittings and hardware in your local Home Depot or Radio Shack. Because it's just that. Sh*t.

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/11/2007, 10:38 AM
Sic'em, call 1-800-DirecTV.

They'll fix that pesky cable problem, once and for all.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 10:39 AM
Okay - Sic you're getting good advice here...You do need to lay off the Wal-Mart and go to Radio Shack and get a co-ax stripper. You can get a cheap plastic one or a better built one for more bucks. The cheap stripper will work fine - whY? I know, you see I cut my cable feed line in two while digging out an old bush. So in order to have cable while waiting for the line to be re-run, I had to splice it. Radio Shack will hook you up and the cable stripper works good. If you can twirl a tool around a cable then you to can strip and replace co-ax heads...

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 11:35 AM
Okay - Sic you're getting good advice here...You do need to lay off the Wal-Mart and go to Radio Shack and get a co-ax stripper. You can get a cheap plastic one or a better built one for more bucks. The cheap stripper will work fine - whY? I know, you see I cut my cable feed line in two while digging out an old bush. So in order to have cable while waiting for the line to be re-run, I had to splice it. Radio Shack will hook you up and the cable stripper works good. If you can twirl a tool around a cable then you to can strip and replace co-ax heads...

I'm in class right now, but I'll swing by there when I finish. The wire strippers I looked at came in different sizes, but none of them were dedicated to coaxial stripping.

sooner_born_1960
1/11/2007, 11:59 AM
Raise your hand if you would have had cable yesterday evening.

RedStripe
1/11/2007, 12:59 PM
http://www.jennyvorwaller.com/blog/uploads/qt3.jpg

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 02:26 PM
I got a stripper!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 02:29 PM
Hope you don't get robbed...:D (joke from another stripper post from Houston)...

BTW, the place in Houston was raided by the cops today for various violations fo the nudity laws and prostitution...The stealing prostitute dancer babe wasn't arrested...Guy still out his 8K, but maybe he feels better today...

Click here to learn about Houston pron... (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/4462969.html)

DustySooner
1/11/2007, 02:35 PM
Hope you don't get robbed...:D (joke from another stripper post from Houston)...

BTW, the place in Houston was raided by the cops today for various violations fo the nudity laws and prostitution...The stealing prostitute dancer babe wasn't arrested...Guy still out hi 8K, but maybe he feels better today...

Heh I got the joke. :D

They need to make up a nickname for her. Like the wet bandit would work. (sorry bout the home alone reference)

skycat
1/11/2007, 02:45 PM
How have I not clicked on this thread before now?

Sic'em, go back to the knife and scissors plan. Please.

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 03:00 PM
I'm considering attempting this via webcam. I'm going to try it here in a few minutes I think.

yermom
1/11/2007, 03:28 PM
am i going to get charged $4.99 for this?

OU Adonis
1/11/2007, 03:32 PM
am i going to get charged $4.99 for this?

I have a cam and its only $1.99 a minute, its discounted to 1.49 today because I didn't shave. Interested?

yermom
1/11/2007, 04:14 PM
i didn't see any mention of a stripper, so no

OUinFLA
1/11/2007, 04:37 PM
I got a stripper!

are you gonna try to take her to Branson?

that hasnt worked out too well in the past.

just sayin.

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 04:44 PM
Okay, I think I seriously screwed up.
I cut off the head, and then attempted to strip the outer insulation. Well, when I did a bunch of these metallic wire thingys spilled out.

Did I cut too deep or what?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/S4020011.jpg

yermom
1/11/2007, 04:48 PM
yes

luckily you can probably screw up a few more times before it's too short to work

1stTimeCaller
1/11/2007, 04:48 PM
just go with it

frankensooner
1/11/2007, 04:49 PM
yes, you need them silver wires. Cut it off flush and try again.

OUinFLA
1/11/2007, 04:49 PM
SicEm:
Hint: Read the directions that are in the pic.
Or look at the pictures. It's a lot like Playboy.

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 04:50 PM
yes

luckily you can probably screw up a few more times before it's too short to work

Well, I just stripped that inner insulation, put the new head on, and plugged it in and the TV works now so I'm good.

OUinFLA
1/11/2007, 04:51 PM
Whewww, I thought you were going to miss the entire Baylor Football season.

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 04:52 PM
yes, you need them silver wires. Cut it off flush and try again.

Well, I plugged it in without the silver wires and it works. :confused:

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/11/2007, 04:53 PM
Just squeeze the strippers enough to break the insulation and then you'll be able to just rip it off. You don't have to cut all the way through it. You don't want to cut the shielding...

This is fun.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/11/2007, 04:53 PM
You're Golden...

soonernation
1/11/2007, 04:54 PM
I got a stripper!

Do you have a pole?

frankensooner
well, good luck with that. You might get some ghosting.

SicEmBaylor
Well, now on to the universal remote programming!

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 04:58 PM
Deliverance is on channel 31!

NormanPride
1/11/2007, 04:59 PM
Man, this thread was supposed to end with a trip to the emergency room and a story about how a male nurse hit on you. You suck, SicEm.

;)

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 05:01 PM
Man, this thread was supposed to end with a trip to the emergency room and a story about how a male nurse hit on you. You suck, SicEm.

;)
I admit after all that stripping the outcome was disappointingly anti-climatic.

Ike
1/11/2007, 05:03 PM
Congrats SicEm. In 23 hours, you've managed to do what a normal human being could do in less than 23 minutes...an expert in less than 23 seconds.
;)

you're getting better.

BeetDigger
1/11/2007, 05:03 PM
This thread made my day. Although there aren't nearly enough posts by BSG. And where is VK? Seems like the kind of thread that needs her provocative insights.

Tulsa_Fireman
1/11/2007, 05:07 PM
Crash course in cuttin' a fitting from the former cable dog.

Get a good knife. Box knife. One of those retractable blade things. Something strong and sharp enough to cut through that aluminum braid without twistin' it in the jacket. Place the knife in your fingers with the thumb in an almost 'thumbs up' position. Lay the rope between your thumb and the blade of your knife with roughly 3/4 inch beyond the blade, pressing firmly enough to again get through the braid and dielectric, where you'll feel some resistance from the center conductor of the rope. Once you feel that resistance, release pressure and rotate the cable with one hand, the knife and your thumb (still holding the cable within) with the other, until you've made a 360 degree cut around the cable, not cutting entirely through the cable.

Now, simply pinch the 3/4 inch section (the part beyond the blade) in your fingers, and give a twist of the jacket and all. You should hear a slight click or snapping noise. If the whole thing comes off, you cut too deep initially. If it resists turning, you didn't cut deep enough. If you hear that snap, that's the dielectric breaking free from the center conductor. Once you hear it, pull it free, which should leave you with your full jacket up to the point of the cut with 3/4 inches of center conductor exposed.

The next cut is entirely dependent on the depth of your replacement fitting. Lay your cable against the fitting, setting your first cut level with the bottom of the 7/16 inch connector. This bottom portion, the crimping area or possibly "screw on" area is what you're looking at. Eyeball half that distance down the black jacket from your initial cut, again get your knife, and assuming the same hand position, set your blade, only using enough pressure to cut through the black PVC jacket. Again turn the blade 360 degrees and discard the jacket you've cut, which should give you something like so.

====XXX----

Where = is black PVC jacket, XXX is aluminum braid, and ---- is your copper coated center conductor.

If the cable is a quadshield braid, you'll notice in the silver braid an extra layer of aluminum foil. You need this gone in the exposed area. Simply take the edge of your knife, scraping ONLY the silver braid one to two times. It should easily tear the foil, which you can now pick out with your fingers. Do that, then fold the ENTIRETY of the remaining silver braid down, so it's all bent back onto the black PVC jacket. This should expose a silver coated tubelike substance of white foam plastic, AKA, the dielectric. Do NOT disturb this. Just get your fitting and slide it through the hole in the middle, making sure the face of the cut (your first cut, where the dielectric stops and the center conductor is exposed) is flush with the base of the fitting.

Once you're flush, give it a crimp. Once you're crimped, take your handy dandy wire cutters and cut the center conductor even with the top of the outside of the 7/16 inch swivel of the fitting like so.

===[::}

And with that, you're ready to go. Happy cabling.

sooner_born_1960
1/11/2007, 05:18 PM
Congrats SicEm. In 23 hours, you've managed to do what a normal human being could do in less than 23 minutes...an expert in less than 23 seconds.
;)

you're getting better.
Well, in all fairness, he did have to go to the walmarts.

Ike
1/11/2007, 05:21 PM

(that was 22 of the 23 minutes I factored into this for normal humans);)

sooner_born_1960
1/11/2007, 05:22 PM
(that was 22 of the 23 minutes I factored into this for normal humans);)
Your walmart must be closer than mine. A trip usually take me 45 minutes.

OUinFLA
1/11/2007, 05:23 PM
Crash course in cuttin' a fitting from the former cable dog.

Get a good knife. Box knife. One of those retractable blade things. Something strong and sharp enough to cut through that aluminum braid without twistin' it in the jacket. Place the knife in your fingers with the thumb in an almost 'thumbs up' position. Lay the rope between your thumb and the blade of your knife with roughly 3/4 inch beyond the blade, pressing firmly enough to again get through the braid and dielectric, where you'll feel some resistance from the center conductor of the rope. Once you feel that resistance, release pressure and rotate the cable with one hand, the knife and your thumb (still holding the cable within) with the other, until you've made a 360 degree cut around the cable, not cutting entirely through the cable.

Now, simply pinch the 3/4 inch section (the part beyond the blade) in your fingers, and give a twist of the jacket and all. You should hear a slight click or snapping noise. If the whole thing comes off, you cut too deep initially. If it resists turning, you didn't cut deep enough. If you hear that snap, that's the dielectric breaking free from the center conductor. Once you hear it, pull it free, which should leave you with your full jacket up to the point of the cut with 3/4 inches of center conductor exposed.

The next cut is entirely dependent on the depth of your replacement fitting. Lay your cable against the fitting, setting your first cut level with the bottom of the 7/16 inch connector. This bottom portion, the crimping area or possibly "screw on" area is what you're looking at. Eyeball half that distance down the black jacket from your initial cut, again get your knife, and assuming the same hand position, set your blade, only using enough pressure to cut through the black PVC jacket. Again turn the blade 360 degrees and discard the jacket you've cut, which should give you something like so.

====XXX----

Where = is black PVC jacket, XXX is aluminum braid, and ---- is your copper coated center conductor.

If the cable is a quadshield braid, you'll notice in the silver braid an extra layer of aluminum foil. You need this gone in the exposed area. Simply take the edge of your knife, scraping ONLY the silver braid one to two times. It should easily tear the foil, which you can now pick out with your fingers. Do that, then fold the ENTIRETY of the remaining silver braid down, so it's all bent back onto the black PVC jacket. This should expose a silver coated tubelike substance of white foam plastic, AKA, the dielectric. Do NOT disturb this. Just get your fitting and slide it through the hole in the middle, making sure the face of the cut (your first cut, where the dielectric stops and the center conductor is exposed) is flush with the base of the fitting.

Once you're flush, give it a crimp. Once you're crimped, take your handy dandy wire cutters and cut the center conductor even with the top of the outside of the 7/16 inch swivel of the fitting like so.

===[::}

And with that, you're ready to go. Happy cabling.

That proceedure would have almost certainly led to this result for SicEm:

http://www.stephan-az.de/eshop/images/Severed%20Thumb.jpg

DustySooner
1/11/2007, 05:26 PM

Also in sicem's defense, he did listen to a buncha people who were taking bets on whether or not he would be fried before he was finished. :D

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 05:27 PM
Just squeeze the stripper until she turns blue and then passes out. Prefereably do this in the bath tub, for it makes easier clean up.
This is fun.

fixed it

Ike
1/11/2007, 05:28 PM
Your walmart must be closer than mine. A trip usually take me 45 minutes.
It was an average, and I figured that waco is a small enough town that the walmarts should be pretty close wherever he is.

sooner_born_1960
1/11/2007, 05:30 PM
It was an average, and I figured that waco is a small enough town that the walmarts should be pretty close wherever he is.
You should have saved number 10,000 for something grander that that.

Ike
1/11/2007, 05:34 PM
You should have saved number 10,000 for something grander that that.

didn't even occur to me. oh well. maybe I'll do that for 20,000

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/11/2007, 06:33 PM
That proceedure would have almost certainly led to this result for SicEm:

http://www.stephan-az.de/eshop/images/Severed%20Thumb.jpg

Mmm, chili...

:mack:

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 06:49 PM

It's about 3 minutes away. Technically it's the Bellmead Wal-Mart (aka: Baylor Mart) which is closest to campus.

There are two super Wal-Marts in Waco. Generally speaking, the Bellmead one is frequented by Baylor people and the other one on Franklin is where the locals go.

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 06:58 PM
we know the Baylor kids only go to Wally world to slum

sanantoniosooner
1/11/2007, 07:07 PM
Some people exist just to amuse the rest of us.

BeetDigger
1/11/2007, 07:29 PM
Some people exist just to amuse the rest of us.

Yeah, some people exist to amuse the rest of us. :D

OUinFLA
1/11/2007, 07:56 PM
It's about 3 minutes away. Technically it's the Bellmead Wal-Mart (aka: Baylor Mart) which is closest to campus.

There are two super Wal-Marts in Waco. Generally speaking, the Bellmead one is frequented by Baylor people and the other one on Franklin is where the locals go.

the Branch Davidians?

SicEmBaylor
1/11/2007, 08:00 PM
the Branch Davidians?

Actually no, my guess is they went to the Bellmead Wal-Mart assuming it was around back then. The one on Franklin would be well out of their way.

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 08:31 PM
they stocked up on their S'mores supplies there