PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn, Jr Injury

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 01:44 PM
Oops.

http://www.dispatch.com/2007/01/10/injury-300.jpg

starrca23
1/10/2007, 01:46 PM
Sooner fans can relate. I never thought AD needed to dive into the end zone. Still not as bad as Gus Ferotte.

yermom
1/10/2007, 01:46 PM
why are his guys tackling him?

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 01:47 PM
Endzone celebration.

MojoRisen
1/10/2007, 01:47 PM
That is so ridiculous- tOSU looked lost on Offense without him... Not a fan of jumping people in the endzone- I cringe everytime I see it - especially when 300 pound linemen get in the fray...

yermom
1/10/2007, 01:48 PM
no ****? was that after the KO return?

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2007, 01:50 PM
Oops.

Oops is right.

starrca23
1/10/2007, 01:51 PM
The return was the only time he touched the ball so...

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 01:51 PM
no ****? was that after the KO return?

Yeah, that was his only play I think.

yermom
1/10/2007, 01:52 PM
wow, i think that was a huge factor in the game...

Boomer.....
1/10/2007, 01:54 PM
Even with him, I don't think that TS could have gotten him the ball. He had no time and his arm was like a wet noodle.

oumartin
1/10/2007, 02:03 PM
he played in their first series of plays. no touches

RedstickSooner
1/10/2007, 02:06 PM
That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I try not to laugh at injury -- but an endzone celebration injury, first play of the game?

AWESOME.

RedstickSooner
1/10/2007, 02:13 PM
Also, if anyone knows where I could find a larger copy of that picture, please let me know :)

tbl
1/10/2007, 02:19 PM
The best is the kicker injuring himself jumping up and down. I can't remember which one it was (one of the Gramatica's?), but it was hilarious to watch.

tulsaoilerfan
1/10/2007, 02:30 PM
The best is the kicker injuring himself jumping up and down. I can't remember which one it was (one of the Gramatica's?), but it was hilarious to watch.
Yeah it was Bill that hurt his knee( I believe) after celebrating a routine field goal

starrca23
1/10/2007, 02:58 PM
Watch out Redstick I got negspeked for a similar comment about a minor injury.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2007, 03:00 PM

I try not to laugh at injury -- but an endzone celebration injury, first play of the game?

AWESOME.
Did anyone else wince when AD went down a little hard in an endzone celebration against BSU?

Stoop Dawg
1/10/2007, 03:07 PM

You should get out more.

RedstickSooner
1/10/2007, 03:13 PM

Yeah, I'm on shaky ground -- and if any closet (or non-closet) Bucknut fans are 'round, I'm sure they'll neg me.

But I stand by what I said -- when a player gets hurt celebrating, it's frickin' hillarious.

I think Florida wins with or without Ginn - but you sure gotta figure Ohio would've looked a *lot* better with him in.

Seamus
1/10/2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, another human being's physical pain is a real hoot.

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 03:50 PM
You must not have evre heard of Deans " taint / railroad spike " :D

TUSooner
1/10/2007, 03:57 PM
He should sue Muhammad Ali!
;)

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 04:09 PM
Oops.

It's a little tough to tell for sure, but it looks like the guy doing the take-down was a 5th year senior (Roy Hall) who might have been looking for a little more playing time. :confused:

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/hall_roy00.html

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist though . . . :pop:

last tidbit in his bio:

... a three-year scholar-athlete and a very intelligent football player

flopshotjoe99
1/10/2007, 04:11 PM
Ginn wouldn't have been able to block those Florida D lineman, but he might have help kept OSU within 20.:)

TexasSooner01
1/10/2007, 04:11 PM
Oops.

More like Ouch! :eek:

boomersooner28
1/10/2007, 04:16 PM
Coach Tressel: "Uh, #8, hope your parents are doing fine financially, because your scholly just went ba bye"

Remembering Tom Stidham
1/10/2007, 04:18 PM
I did not know he suffered his injury during the end zone celebration. I thought he played some after that.

Jason White's Third Knee
1/10/2007, 04:22 PM
That game was so reminiscent of the GOWWDNS. Play the game again and it's a different story. Since this is the first time that tOSU had seen this offense and defense they did a crappy job in preparing. It happens. It happened to us too.

Their coaches and players responded perfectly. It doesn't help when your star player is out. All the planets line up and whoops... you're ****ed.

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 04:36 PM
That game was so reminiscent of the GOWWDNS. Play the game again and it's a different story. Since this is the first time that tOSU had seen this offense and defense they did a crappy job in preparing. It happens. It happened to us too.

Their coaches and players responded perfectly. It doesn't help when your star player is out. All the planets line up and whoops... you're ****ed.

One MAJOR difference between those two games:

Mark Bradley turned the ball over inside our 5 yard line when we had stopped usc & forced them to punt. The score was 7-7 - 1st quarter (as I recall).

When Troy Smith fumbled inside his own 10 yard line - the avalanche of points had already commenced with Florida's offensive showing - they didn't really need any help, (although they got a T.S. interception) but got it late in the 2nd quarter. I believe that they were already up 27-14 and tacked on the death spike right before halftime to go up 34-14.

Fraggle145
1/10/2007, 04:56 PM

Take a ****in chill pill... Jacka$$ the movie/tv show made millions on other human beings physical pain. I think the kid should have sucked it up and played... Cortisone make miracles happen.

Didnt Rocky Calmus play 2-3 games of 2000 with a broken bone in his foot/ankle... Jack Youngblood played the last half of the Superbowl (maybe conf championship who cares its the NFL) for the Rams with a broken leg. When Ginn was walking off he looked fine to me.

KC//CRIMSON
1/10/2007, 05:11 PM
Good to see a Tulsa native in the top five.:D

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6354612?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=9012

dougsooner
1/10/2007, 05:13 PM
I always thought that tackling your own guy in the endzone was pretty stupid. Also: AD didn't "dive" into the endzone, he was hit, spun and fell forward into the endzone. He wasn't showing off, just making sure he got into the endzone.

tommie15
1/10/2007, 05:25 PM

No, you said you enjoyed seeing Nebraska players get hurt to spite Callahan.

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 05:36 PM
No, you said you enjoyed seeing Nebraska players get hurt to spite Callahan.
link ?
I might wanta neg him also :cool:

tommie15
1/10/2007, 05:38 PM
link ?
I might wanta neg him also :cool:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81414&page=3

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 05:45 PM
That wasnt so bad , Hell Im just gonna neg him for crying about gettin negged :D

tommie15
1/10/2007, 05:49 PM
That wasnt so bad , Hell Im just gonna neg him for crying about gettin negged :D

Excellent choice, will you do it anonymously or leave your name? I think this is a perfect situation for an anonaneg.

Seamus
1/10/2007, 06:08 PM
Take a ****in chill pill... Jacka$$ the movie/tv show made millions on other human beings physical pain. I think the kid should have sucked it up and played... Cortisone make miracles happen.

Didnt Rocky Calmus play 2-3 games of 2000 with a broken bone in his foot/ankle... Jack Youngblood played the last half of the Superbowl (maybe conf championship who cares its the NFL) for the Rams with a broken leg. When Ginn was walking off he looked fine to me.

Yes, and if apples were oranges, they'd be oranges. What does one have to do with the other?

Explain to me -- you might want to type slowly because I'm a village idiot by trade -- what does Ted Ginn getting hurt in the overexuberance of a celebration have to do with a group of professional stunt-idiots doing wild and bizarre shyte for money? I'm not connecting the dots here, so help me out.

Yeah, I go on to youtube and ebaum's world and see all sorts of idiocy -- like the teenagers who fill a honeydew with a propellant, ignite it and hit it with a stick. Yeah, that was funny because there is an implied contract of "I shouldn't do this but ..." Whereas Ginn's injury was an accident.

I don't think it's me that needs the chill pill. Or maybe it is, I dunno. But don't be so quick to type in a snide putdown, because you might hurt your wrist or something, and then I'd have no choice but to laugh at you. :texan:

Fraggle145
1/10/2007, 06:17 PM
Yes, and if apples were oranges, they'd be oranges. What does one have to do with the other?

Explain to me -- you might want to type slowly because I'm a village idiot by trade -- what does Ted Ginn getting hurt in the overexuberance of a celebration have to do with a group of professional stunt-idiots doing wild and bizarre shyte for money? I'm not connecting the dots here, so help me out.

Yeah, I go on to youtube and ebaum's world and see all sorts of idiocy -- like the teenagers who fill a honeydew with a propellant, ignite it and hit it with a stick. Yeah, that was funny because there is an implied contract of "I shouldn't do this but ..." Whereas Ginn's injury was an accident.

I don't think it's me that needs the chill pill. Or maybe it is, I dunno. But don't be so quick to type in a snide putdown, because you might hurt your wrist or something, and then I'd have no choice but to laugh at you. :texan:

I cant lie about it I have taken joy in other peoples pain before... not if its a cheap shot mind you.... nor if its especially grotesque. I didnt think it was funny or not funny. I also think that sometimes people getting hurt, like Grammatica celebrating for example, is hysterical. I just dont think people should be judged if they think it is funny. Personally I thought he was being a sissy. And I didnt think it was a snide putdown. :cool:

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 06:21 PM

Does anyone know where one could get a chill pill anyway?

yermom
1/10/2007, 06:22 PM
Fugue

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 06:28 PM
Fugue

Well, that wasn't very nice.

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 06:49 PM
Ive got lots of em :cool:

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 06:50 PM

sumbich is probably still ****ed that I didn't get him a Jaeger shot

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 07:01 PM
Excellent choice, will you do it anonymously or leave your name? I think this is a perfect situation for an anonaneg.
I never sign Neg . It ****es the nOObs off .
If they wanta know who they should become a sponsor :cool:

Seamus
1/10/2007, 07:20 PM
You used to be able to get chill pills from Canada, before the Bush adminustrayshun shut it down. :cool:

yermom
1/10/2007, 07:23 PM

it would make more sense if we had avatars :D

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 07:55 PM

That's the only reason I became a sponsor - I had to go back and neg-back all those dudes who didn't think I was funny.

Neg you

Neg you

Neg you

Who's next?

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 08:10 PM
That's the only reason I became a sponsor - I had to go back and neg-back all those dudes who didn't think I was funny.

Neg you

Neg you

Neg you

Who's next?
Heh
Like any of us are skeered of you lil spekker :pop:

yermom
1/10/2007, 08:11 PM
he's still giving n00b spek anyway

olevetonahill
1/10/2007, 08:18 PM
:D :D :D :D :D
But at least hes paying to see who negs his ***

sooner94
1/10/2007, 08:21 PM
You used to be able to get chill pills from Canada, before the Bush adminustrayshun shut it down. :cool:

I get my chill pills from Tijuana, from the same guy that I get Spanish Fly.

Fraggle145
1/10/2007, 08:32 PM

you bastads and your big spekkers... I have spekker envy.. me and my impotent spekker. :( one day I will shoot more than blanks!!!

I like chill pills, but Jager is better.

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 08:58 PM

My spek is weak and blue - just teh way I like it

Mr2Cents
1/10/2007, 09:01 PM
Florida guy here. I wandered off my normal beaten path (Fark Central) upon seeing this thread at the top of the forum list. Even though the Ginn injury aided Florida's cause, I was really disappointed we didn't get to see him go over the middle a few times against Reggie Nelson Monday night.

Yes, it was Martin Gramatica, and yes, it was oddly amusing (even though I'm a Buc fan). For all of his ability to hit everything inside of 45 yards, "Automatica" had the annoying habit of reacting to the most insignificant chip shot field goals during the most meaningless games as if he had just nailed a 65-yard kick to win a Super Bowl. During his maniacal celebratory antics, I would frequently remark to my wife: "one day, this dude's gonna tear a ligament celebrating a 25-yarder." Sure enough......

picasso
1/10/2007, 09:29 PM
it's a wonder that doesn't happen more often. it's just stupid.
same as the high jumping chest collision thing.

OUinFLA
1/10/2007, 10:44 PM
Yes, it was Martin Gramatica, and yes, it was oddly amusing (even though I'm a Buc fan). For all of his ability to hit everything inside of 45 yards, "Automatica" had the annoying habit of reacting to the most insignificant chip shot field goals during the most meaningless games as if he had just nailed a 65-yard kick to win a Super Bowl. During his maniacal celebratory antics, I would frequently remark to my wife: "one day, this dude's gonna tear a ligament celebrating a 25-yarder." Sure enough......

heh, most of us who watch TB regularly said the same thing many times. and then..............well, at first I was pi$$ed at him........ then, I had to chuckle at him. He never did seem the same afterwards.

sooner94
1/10/2007, 11:02 PM
It was Bill Gramatica, not Martin Gramatica, that tore his ACL celebrating.

Bill was an Arizona Cardinal when it happened.

picasso
1/10/2007, 11:18 PM

they both got injured within the same year or so.

OUinFLA
1/10/2007, 11:54 PM

Martin did it too. It's a family thing.

BeetDigger
1/11/2007, 12:06 AM
It's all a part of tOSU's self-destruction course work. Here, everyone that Maurice Clarett was stupid. In fact, he was very advanced. The rest of them are just catching up.

soonerboomer93
1/11/2007, 02:39 AM

that's my theory too,

I love it when the noobs and ****tards whine about "getting negged by someone who was too chicken**** to sign it"

jwlynn64
1/11/2007, 12:59 PM
I hear Ted Ginn neg speked #8 but did it anonymously. ;)

starrca23
1/18/2007, 05:57 PM
Teddy applied for the draft so it wasn't too serious.

Sco
1/18/2007, 05:58 PM
Sooner fans can relate. I never thought AD needed to dive into the end zone. Still not as bad as Gus Ferotte.

Maybe you could say that if AD dove :rolleyes:

Look again. He was tripped.

starrca23
1/18/2007, 06:04 PM
That has to be the farthest "fall" in history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Oabs5bD0

sooner94
1/18/2007, 06:20 PM
That has to be the farthest "fall" in history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU1Oabs5bD0

His ability to change direction and accelerate are ridiculous. I miss him already:(

Sooner13
1/18/2007, 07:04 PM
ahh some of you people make me laugh sometimes. Soonerfans....the only place where the # of msg board posts somehow makes you a football expert

starrca23
1/18/2007, 07:17 PM
Amen, 94