PDA

View Full Version : Amazing stat

OU Adonis
1/10/2007, 12:53 PM
I was looking at Paul Thompsons QB rating and I was struck by something that was pretty amazing.

Paul is #6 on the list for OU in regards to his his QB rating.

Do you know who was #5?

Jamelle Holieway.

Wow

BIG_IKE
1/10/2007, 01:00 PM
Thats not really that impressive considering Holiway's 45% career Completion percentage...and the fact that Paul threw more passes this season than Holieway did in 4 years combined.

OK2LA
1/10/2007, 01:01 PM
and the fact that Paul threw more passes this season than Holieway did in 4 years combined.

That's an amazing stat.

OU Adonis
1/10/2007, 01:06 PM
Thats not really that impressive considering Holiway's 45% career Completion percentage...and the fact that Paul threw more passes this season than Holieway did in 4 years combined.

Actually that makes it even MORE amazing.

Completion percentage is factored into your QB rating.

The NCAA passing efficiency for a quarterback is determined by the following formula:
((Y x 8.4) + (T x 330) - (I x 200) + (C x 100)) / A
...where Y = number of yards passed, T = number of touchdowns scored, I = number of interceptions thrown, C = number of completions, and A = number of attempts to pass.
The NFL system is similar, but uses Y x 4.17 for assigning a value to the yards passed, and forms a plateau for the low and high ends of the completion percentage, with a 30% completion being minimum and a 77.5% completion being maximum. Quarterbacks who have lower or higher completion percentages are treated as the minimum or maximum respectively.

BIG_IKE
1/10/2007, 01:07 PM
Thats true

Pricetag
1/10/2007, 01:10 PM
Any time you have a high percentage of your completions as touchdowns, the stat will be inflated. Holieway has Keith Jackson to thank for that. I bet LaDanian Tomlinson's QB rating was off the charts this year--it's pretty much the same thing.

OU Adonis
1/10/2007, 01:35 PM
Any time you have a high percentage of your completions as touchdowns, the stat will be inflated. Holieway has Keith Jackson to thank for that. I bet LaDanian Tomlinson's QB rating was off the charts this year--it's pretty much the same thing.

LT hasn't thrown 260 passes.