PDA

View Full Version : DIMS ASKEERED OF DE-FUNDING IRAQ WAR

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/10/2007, 12:45 PM
Why is that? They claim public opinion is for Cut and Run. 'Splain to me/us why they want to back the Pres. with $money.

Fugue
1/10/2007, 12:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/harleysgal62/Smilies/New/bitenails.gif

jk the sooner fan
1/10/2007, 01:11 PM
they cant be afraid of something thats really not constitutional

1/10/2007, 01:15 PM
they cant be afraid of something thats really not constitutionalFear of the '08 elections as a result of making Iraq "their war" if they defund and guarantee defeat.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2007, 01:27 PM
I don't think the American people are really dumb enough to ever think of the Iraq War as anyone else's albatross but W's.

OklahomaTuba
1/10/2007, 01:51 PM
So lets see, first they bitch about there not being enough boots on the ground, and when Bush finally comes around to doing it, they flip flop and try to stop him.

Good going donks!

Maybe if they put as much effort into helping Bush win this war and they do in trying to bring down Bush, we might be out of there already?

1/10/2007, 05:47 PM
So lets see, first they bitch about there not being enough boots on the ground, and when Bush finally comes around to doing it, they flip flop and try to stop him.

Good going donks!

Maybe if they put as much effort into helping Bush win this war and they do in trying to bring down Bush, we might be out of there already?Yes, it really is that simple. BUSH is the real enemy.

Vaevictis
1/10/2007, 06:25 PM
Why is that? They claim public opinion is for Cut and Run. 'Splain to me/us why they want to back the Pres. with $money.

Because cutting troop funding is political suicide and you know it.

Maybe if Bush wanted to put enough troops on the ground to actually win the war, they might be with him. 20,000 is enough to make it the next president's problem and get a bunch of people killed. That's it.

http://www.fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-24.pdf

Page 1-13:

Twenty counterinsurgents per 1000 residents is often considered the minimum troop density required for effective COIN operations...

This includes all effective COIN troops, ours and Iraq's. It does not include support personnel -- only those directly involved in COIN. Baghdad has about 6 million residents. You need a grand total of 60,000 effective troops dedicated to COIN. We have something like 30,000 there right now.

That leaves us 10,000 short for the minimum level required, according to that manual. Where are they going to come from? The Iraqi Army? Are there 10,000 trustworthy and competent Iraqi troops in the country? And remember, that's the bare minimum, which may or may not be sufficient.

And okay, assuming that works, we've got Baghdad pacified. What about the rest of the country? Do we have to maintain that troop level afterward, or can we redeploy them and expect the city to remain pacified?

20,000 seems to be a save-face gesture only, and one that will get our guys killed at that.

1/10/2007, 07:31 PM
Your Patriotic Dims and their media: Continue to report the friendly casualties every half hour, don't tell the American public anything about positives the US and allied troops have done/are doing, get the POTUS to fire all people associated with his administration, and especially the war effort, then cut and run...yeah, it's not going quite as well as it could be.

yermom
1/10/2007, 08:08 PM
people like Powell and Shinseki wanted LOTS more "boots" on the ground in the beginning, but Rummy wanted smaller numbers, and ultimately won out, basically forcing anyone that didn't agree to resign or change jobs

now they think more troops will solve the problem :rolleyes:

it's still not how many troops the real military guys wanted to send in the first place, now that there has been so much time for the dorks in the surrounding areas to come in and get their crap established, who knows what it will take to get them out of there

1/10/2007, 08:23 PM
people like Powell and Shinseki wanted LOTS more "boots" on the ground in the beginning, but Rummy wanted smaller numbers, and ultimately won out, basically forcing anyone that didn't agree to resign or change jobs

now they think more troops will solve the problem :rolleyes:

it's still not how many troops the real military guys wanted to send in the first place, now that there has been so much time for the dorks in the surrounding areas to come in and get their crap established, who knows what it will take to get them out of thereAgreed. Seems we will have to find that out...or defund., at least til Bush is out of office. If a dim wins the presidency, I imagine his political brethren will change their analysis of the Middle East situation.