oSu isn't top 10?:eek:

OSUAggie
1/10/2007, 12:11 PM
But Bama's top 24!

picasso
1/10/2007, 12:13 PM
But Bama's top 24!
so is Nebbish.

if you guys could only play all of your games in Stillwater.;)

Fraggle145
1/10/2007, 12:15 PM
That isnt the kicker... Aggies are at 15

...so perhaps the Aggies finally have learned how to win close games.

Herr Scholz
1/10/2007, 12:21 PM
I don't think Meatchicken should be as high as #3. They got worked by USC and they'll probably lose 8 starters off of their D, the strength of that team. They also lose 3 O-linemen and I would also like to mention that Henne never wins a big game.

OSUAggie
1/10/2007, 12:23 PM
so is Nebbish.

if you guys could only play all of your games in Stillwater.;)

Too bad we play @ Lincoln, Norman, College Station and Athens. 8-4 will be a feat. Waco might even be rough.

Bruiser53
1/10/2007, 12:24 PM
That isnt the kicker... Aggies are at 15
They just don't know how to win the blowouts:D

or play defense.

OUmillenium
1/10/2007, 01:26 PM
USC has had incredible recruiting classes the last 3 years and, unlike us, have not experienced the mass exodus of OLs.

QB is our issue but with our extra vanilla playbook and a strong defense, we could compete and beat anyone IMO.

Sooner Among The Pack
1/10/2007, 01:40 PM
It's interesting seeing a Top 25 without the 'Noles, Thug U, and the domers. Guess the hype machine is spreading to other places (Potato Aggy and Scarlet Knights).

Scott D
1/10/2007, 01:52 PM
I don't think Meatchicken should be as high as #3. They got worked by USC and they'll probably lose 8 starters off of their D, the strength of that team. They also lose 3 O-linemen and I would also like to mention that Henne never wins a big game.

The only underclassman that is leaving early is Alan Branch. The rest of the high profile juniors have all said once and reiterated that they are returning for their senior years.

Gandalf_The_Grey
1/10/2007, 02:19 PM
Too bad we play @ Lincoln, Norman, College Station and Athens. 8-4 will be a feat. Waco might even be rough.

heh...I don't know why I laughed so hard at this.

tbl
1/10/2007, 02:23 PM
QB is our issue but with our extra vanilla playbook and a strong defense, we could compete and beat anyone IMO.
So now the extra vanilla is a good thing? Me confoosed.

Fraggle145
1/10/2007, 02:26 PM

I did too...

fwsooner22
1/10/2007, 02:44 PM

Me too.....GTG

MiccoMacey
1/10/2007, 03:04 PM
USC is young...they return a bunch from this year. They probably should be #1.

Without a QB, I'm not so sure we should be #6. Top ten for sure, just with what we have coming back.

But six just seems so...so. .lofty.

BoomerSooner247
1/10/2007, 04:26 PM
#6 for a preseason prediction from ESPN is not bad, not bad at all. is it September yet?

snp
1/10/2007, 05:08 PM
Too high for us, we don't even know how the QB situation will be.

USC is by far the consensus 1 team. All over USC? Please tell me another team that looks as promising as them.

PDXsooner
1/10/2007, 05:11 PM
this is impossible. we missed out on all the US army all-stars, there's no way we can still be good!!

Sco
1/10/2007, 05:22 PM
I love that they got over their Irish love affair - they're not even ranked!

Scott D
1/10/2007, 05:42 PM
I love that they got over their Irish love affair - they're not even ranked!

losing Jeff Alphabetsoup and His Royal Highness Brady Quinn will do that to them ;)

Sco
1/10/2007, 06:59 PM
losing Jeff Alphabetsoup and His Royal Highness Brady Quinn will do that to them ;)

Maybe they finally realized, wait a minute... so many bowl losses straight... maybe they're truly not that good... hmm...

Nah... We'll have them at the top of the rankings once they beat such powerhouses as Army and Navy and Air Force...

Sooner24
1/10/2007, 10:55 PM
#6 for a preseason prediction from ESPN is not bad, not bad at all. is it September yet?

*WARNING*
2007 Oklahoma Football Will Be Hungry And More Then Ready To
Devourer Their Next Victim Come Opening Gameday September 1st, 2007

I think you might want to take the er off of devourer. ;)

Reincarnate
1/10/2007, 11:02 PM
The fact that Allen Patrick might be as good as AD might have something to do with our high ranking. I also think that Keith Nichol will come in and start, in which our QB position will be better as well.

PT did his best, but it was mediocre play and alot of missed opportunities.

goingoneight
1/10/2007, 11:02 PM
Burger Queen left South Bend, me thinks a 6-6 record is on the way... if they're lucky.

goingoneight
1/10/2007, 11:03 PM
The fact that Allen Patrick might be as good as AD might have something to do with our high ranking. I also think that Keith Nichol will come in and start, in which our QB position will be better as well.

PT did his best, but it was mediocre play and alot of missed opportunities.

And a true freshman will be better? :rolleyes:

It will most likely be Halzle or Bradford until someone gets injured or really screws up ala 2002 and 2005.

josh09
1/13/2007, 12:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2725188

Still all over the USC knob... picked us as a pre-preseason #6

I would rather have us ranked lower and climb our way to the top, i hate being overrated like in '05.

royalfan5
1/13/2007, 12:52 PM
It's interesting seeing a Top 25 without the 'Noles, Thug U, and the domers. Guess the hype machine is spreading to other places (Potato Aggy and Scarlet Knights).
Boise's not an Ag school, hence they aren't an Aggy.

Ash
1/13/2007, 12:55 PM
Boise's not an Ag school, hence they aren't an Aggy.

This was already hashed out in several pre-bowl threads. Tater Aggy is just durn funny.

royalfan5
1/13/2007, 12:57 PM
This was already hashed out in several pre-bowl threads. Tater Aggy is just durn funny.
But it does a disservice to the real Potato Aggy at U of I. How would you like people calling you guys Okie Aggy because they thought it was funny?

Ash
1/13/2007, 01:02 PM
But it does a disservice to the real Potato Aggy at U of I. How would you like people calling you guys Okie Aggy because they thought it was funny?

We ain't teh "State" school we are THE University.

Besides, don't you guys just refer to us as f'in hillbillies anyway?

royalfan5
1/13/2007, 01:19 PM
We ain't teh "State" school we are THE University.

Besides, don't you guys just refer to us as f'in hillbillies anyway?
The University's of Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, and Missouri are THE University and the Ag school as well. People could easily assume that OU is the Ag school and OSU is a teacher's college.

sooner94
1/13/2007, 01:21 PM
USC has 10 starters coming back on D? Jeeminy Christmas! Even if Booty gets gun-shy under pressure, their D should keep them in every game. And Sanchez will be further along and may be able to step in.

I think for us, next year will be very similar to this year. If we get good QB play, we should be ok. And if our D struggles early, we will lose an eaely game or 2.

That sounds a little too obvious now that I read it. Kind of like, if we outscore our opponents in each game, we should win a lot of games. :D

Ash
1/13/2007, 01:56 PM
People could easily assume that OU is the Ag school and OSU is a teacher's college.

Umm...that's hard for me to believe.

royalfan5
1/13/2007, 02:34 PM
Umm...that's hard for me to believe.
But look at it from a non-OU prespective. Schools like Illinois State, Indiana State, Texas State, Arizona State, Missouri State, Wichita State, Boise State, Kentucky State, Florida State, and Idaho State are all non-Ag schools. Perhaps fans of those schools would have a different perspective on what state connotates.

Ash
1/13/2007, 02:39 PM
But look at it from a non-OU prespective. Schools like Illinois State, Indiana State, Texas State, Arizona State, Missouri State, Wichita State, Boise State, Kentucky State, Florida State, and Idaho State are all non-Ag schools. Perhaps fans of those schools would have a different perspective on what state connotates.

I don't care. It's funny. And my last post was about Okie lite churning out educators.

stoopified
1/13/2007, 02:46 PM
Too bad we play @ Lincoln, Norman, College Station and Athens. 8-4 will be a feat. Waco might even be rough.6-6 or 7-5 more realistic.

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 04:52 PM
Maybe they finally realized, wait a minute... so many bowl losses straight... maybe they're truly not that good... hmm...

Nah... We'll have them at the top of the rankings once they beat such powerhouses as Army and Navy and Air Force...

And us losing 3 straight BCS games is much better?

Stitch Face
1/13/2007, 04:58 PM
And a true freshman will be better? :rolleyes:

It will most likely be Halzle or Bradford until someone gets injured or really screws up ala 2002 and 2005.

It'll be Nichol.

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 05:00 PM
Nichol will transfer again...doesn't seem like a loyal guy

Sco
1/13/2007, 09:36 PM
And us losing 3 straight BCS games is much better?

Better than losing 13 or 14 straight bowl games...

Boffingham
1/13/2007, 11:01 PM
True, but it is Notre Dame...and Jesus has an AP vote

47straight
1/14/2007, 12:18 AM

I'm tired of seeing Michigan getting whipped hard by fast teams. They never deliver the goods when it counts.

TopDawg
1/14/2007, 12:20 AM
Better than losing 13 or 14 straight bowl games...

Yeah. Notre Dame has lost three straight BCS bowl games (if they've been to that many...and none of them being title games) AND every bowl game in-between.

47straight
1/14/2007, 12:22 AM
The University's of Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, and Missouri are THE University and the Ag school as well. People could easily assume that OU is the Ag school and OSU is a teacher's college.

Write it down folks, he just amitted that Nebbish is Aggy.

So what shall they henceforth be called?

Aggie of the North?
Corn Aggie?
JUCO Aggie?

TopDawg
1/14/2007, 12:27 AM
Nebraggie.

royalfan5
1/14/2007, 12:29 AM
Write it down folks, he just amitted that Nebbish is Aggy.

So what shall they henceforth be called?

Aggie of the North?
Corn Aggie?
JUCO Aggie?
I am getting a master's in Ag from UNL. Being Aggy=being closer to God.

goingoneight
1/14/2007, 01:12 AM
:stunned: Top 10 of 2007:

1. oSu
Why: Jim Traber says Bobby Reid will win the Heisman, and Oklahoma State returns "AD" Bowman. Nuff said.
Why not: Because we have to play uO in Norman, that could get ugly, but Jim Traber says we'll be a three TD favorite after our 11-0 start.

2. uO
Why: Cuz Bob Stoops is lucky. He only wins when he cheats, and he cheats all the time. Gawd I hate uO.
Why Not: Cuz an ORANGE STORM is brewin' and headed for Norman in November. And because Boone Pickens said so.

3. Ummm... is there any teams I'm missing?

Sooner_Havok
1/14/2007, 01:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2725188

Still all over the USC knob... picked us as a pre-preseason #6

This year, USC will continue to rewrite the history books as they go for an unprecedented 5 pete :eek:

soonerloyal
1/14/2007, 01:27 PM
Nichol will transfer again...doesn't seem like a loyal guy

The kid decides for the first time in his life to move out of his home state to attend college and play for a legendary football program. And he's "disloyal"?
What's up with that? Sounds like a lot of doom and gloom to me. He's no more disloyal than a kid from OKC playing for Michigan or Illinois.

Now, if he switches schools another time or two or three, I'll buy you a beer and say "My bad."

But isn't he already on campus and in classes? I doubt he'd go anywhere -unless he made such a poor showing that he kept getting benched repreatedly. That's not likely IMO.