PDA

View Full Version : New Car time.....a little help...

8timechamps
1/10/2007, 11:08 AM
I am very close to going for the Chevy Silverado 1500. Any Silverado owners out there? What about the Ford F-150 or Dodge Ram?

hurry up

Mjcpr
1/10/2007, 11:15 AM
I have a 2004 Silverado and I like it....I've had no problems with it.

The really like the new Silverados with the changed body style/front end.

Boarder
1/10/2007, 11:17 AM
In my experience in dealing with virtually every brand of new truck owners, I have found this:

Pretty much everyone loves what they bought. No matter what brand. If you like the way it looks and the price is right, go for it. For everyone who hates Ford and wouldn't buy a Dodge, there's someone who can't stand Chevy and thinks Toyota is the best.

Boarder
1/10/2007, 11:18 AM
And, don't tell me to hurry up, buddy. I'll answer when I get good and ready!

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2007, 11:19 AM
Nissan

NormanPride
1/10/2007, 11:22 AM
Which do you hate more? "Iron Man", "Ford Truck Man", or "This is my Country"? This should determine your decision.

8timechamps
1/10/2007, 11:24 AM
In my experience in dealing with virtually every brand of new truck owners, I have found this:

Pretty much everyone loves what they bought. No matter what brand. If you like the way it looks and the price is right, go for it. For everyone who hates Ford and wouldn't buy a Dodge, there's someone who can't stand Chevy and thinks Toyota is the best.

True...I've never been against one or the other. I like the look of the F-150 a little better, but the Silverado that I am looking at is slightly cheaper, and looks good too.

And, by the way....hurry up!:)

Petro-Sooner
1/10/2007, 11:25 AM
Nissan

About Nissan trucks, whats the consensous? Yay or ney? A buddy has mentioned them but I havnt heard good or bad.

C&CDean
Which do you hate more? "Iron Man", "Ford Truck Man", or "This is my Country"? This should determine your decision.

You left out the hemi geeks.

C&CDean
About Nissan trucks, whats the consensous? Yay or ney? A buddy has mentioned them but I havnt heard good or bad.

As long as you're not buying it for heavy-duty work, you can NEVER go wrong buying a Nissan or Toyota.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/10/2007, 11:38 AM
Don't buy new, buy a 2+ year-old with low mileage. You will get a better buy and won't get the depreciation hit.

Boarder
1/10/2007, 11:39 AM
A friend of mine has a new Titan. He loves it. I tell you it's rare that someone doesn't like the truck they bought.

OU4LIFE
1/10/2007, 11:40 AM
I have a 2004 Silverado and I like it....I've had no problems with it.

The really like the new Silverados with the changed body style/front end.

dat raht der is enough reason to buy something else.

unless you're androgynous, of course.

I'm biased to my Ford, like Boarder said....most will be.

OU4LIFE
1/10/2007, 11:41 AM
Don't buy new, buy a 2+ year-old with low mileage. You will get a better buy and won't get the depreciation hit.

best info in this thread.

I bought mine 2 years old, with 18,000 miles on it. It's was virtually new and STILL under warranty.

C&CDean
1/10/2007, 11:45 AM

Sometimes.

Other than a couple farm trucks and pickups for the kids, I only purchase new vehicles. I do it for a couple reasons.

-Nobody has had an opportunity to trash it
-Full warranty
-I plan to keep it for many years
-0 percent financing
-Nobody has schmegged all over the seat
-I feel fully confident to jump in said vehicle and take off for Alaska, or wherever else I need to go without worrying

GottaHavePride
1/10/2007, 12:14 PM
Other than a couple farm trucks and pickups for the kids, I only purchase new vehicles. I do it for a couple reasons.

-Full warranty
-0 percent financing
-I feel fully confident to jump in said vehicle and take off for Alaska, or wherever else I need to go without worrying

YES! My opinion is validated by Dean. ;)

slickdawg
1/10/2007, 12:25 PM
I like my 2006 GMC 1500 (aka Silverado 1500), it's nice.

1stTimeCaller
1/10/2007, 01:02 PM
you replacing the BMW or the V10 Avalanche?

Kels
1/10/2007, 01:19 PM
Pay a little more and get the Silverado HD. Beautiful vehicle.

The Toyota Tundra is one of the most reliable, and has good resell value.

Finally, unless you got the money to burn, buy used with cash. Let someone else pay for the depreciation.

OUinFLA
1/10/2007, 01:22 PM
Im on my 4th Silverado. 96 99 01 05. Of the 4 I liked the 01 the best.
All are extenda cab 4 wheel drive.
I would trade my 05 for the new style 07 LT3, if it wern't for the zero percent financing I have on the 05.
Ive told the dealer to call me when GM gets desperate and offers zero percent on the new model.

Shamrock
1/10/2007, 01:22 PM
Are ya gonna haul cows and hay with it?

Don't buy foreign, or they'll laugh at you at the cattle auction.

GulfCoastBamaFan
1/10/2007, 01:24 PM
I bought my 1999 Silverado in 2002.

At 112,000 miles, I've about gotten it broken in.

The truck runs like a clock and still looks good doing it.

mxATVracer10
1/10/2007, 01:50 PM
Sometimes.

-Full warranty
-0 percent financing

That's not entirely true... I used to work at the unloading ramp in Tulsa for all Ford and Chrysler vehicles. We would receive the vehicles via rail from the assembly plants, unload them off the train cars and park them in the lot, then they were loaded onto trucks and delivered to the dealership.

If the unloaders didn't give it a little thrashing during the unloading process, you could almost guarantee that the truckers were going to give 'em hell on the way to their trailers. And no, I NEVAR abused any of the cobra R's, lightning's, harley davidson f-150's, SRT-10 or 4's that I unloaded when the boss wasn't around ;)

SoCal
1/10/2007, 03:06 PM
I have a 2005 GMC Denali Sierra that I use to tow a ski boat. Its a great truck! If you get the Silverado make sure you get the 6.0L motor. In 2005, the Silverado 6.0L was only in the HD model that had a horrible ride. The current lineup of GM lightduty full size trucks come with rear drum brakes which is not a positive. Those are the reasons I went with the Denali in 2005, otherwise I would have went with the 1500 Silverado.

Petro-Sooner
1/10/2007, 03:26 PM
That's not entirely true... I used to work at the unloading ramp in Tulsa for all Ford and Chrysler vehicles. We would receive the vehicles via rail from the assembly plants, unload them off the train cars and park them in the lot, then they were loaded onto trucks and delivered to the dealership.

If the unloaders didn't give it a little thrashing during the unloading process, you could almost guarantee that the truckers were going to give 'em hell on the way to their trailers. And no, I NEVAR abused any of the cobra R's, lightning's, harley davidson f-150's, SRT-10 or 4's that I unloaded when the boss wasn't around ;)

Is this the same guy that throws a fit when people order extra pickles at the fast food place?

mxATVracer10
1/10/2007, 05:05 PM
not me, I like the burger king way of thinking when it comes to fast food..."have it your way" :texan:

DustySooner
1/10/2007, 05:09 PM
I'd go with the Silverado.

Petro-Sooner
1/10/2007, 05:13 PM
not me, I like the burger king way of thinking when it comes to fast food..."have it your way" :texan:

My bad. I was thinking of CondesendingSooner from another thread.

Silverados are solid trucks. My next vehicle may be one.

Boarder
1/10/2007, 05:20 PM
The current lineup of GM lightduty full size trucks come with rear drum brakes which is not a positive.

Why not?

Petro-Sooner
1/10/2007, 05:23 PM
Because front and rear drum breaks are twice as good compared to only having rear drum brakes

StoopTroup
1/10/2007, 05:24 PM
I love my 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat.

I don't like the gas mileage though.

If I was buying right now...I'd swing over to Chevy or Toyota.