PDA

View Full Version : Charger Fans Are So Funny

OUFAN29
1/9/2007, 09:32 PM
Living here in San Diego, we have to put up with a lot of BS being Seahawks fans and how we suck. Well, my 12 year old daughter had enough of their smack and looked up the playoff records since 1976. That was the year the Seahawks entered the league. Below are her findings.

Total Games Played

Chargers 14 6-8, Seahawks 14, 6-8

Days Needed For Record

Chargers 9,476 Seahawks 8,415

1,061 days less than the Chargers

Total Points Lost By

Chargers 126, Seahawks 75,

51 points less than the Chargers

Last Super Bowl

Chargers, 1-29-1995, Seahawks 2-5-2006

Love it that she stands up for herself.

Go SEAHAWKS!!!

BeetDigger
1/10/2007, 12:10 AM
They are counting on Marty and his stellar playoff coaching experience to carry them to victory this year.

OUFAN29
1/10/2007, 12:15 AM
They are counting on Marty and his stellar playoff coaching experience to carry them to victory this year.

Now thats funny. True though but still funny. I honestly will be surprised if they get past New England.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 01:54 AM
You're a Chicken fan and you're attempting to smack-talk the Chargers?

The Chargers own the Chickens based on San Diego Super Chargers alone.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/10/2007, 03:59 AM
Living here in San Diego, we have to put up with a lot of BS being Seahawks fans and how we suck. Well, my 12 year old daughter had enough of their smack and looked up the playoff records since 1976. That was the year the Seahawks entered the league. Below are her findings.

Total Games Played

Chargers 14 6-8, Seahawks 14, 6-8

Days Needed For Record

Chargers 9,476 Seahawks 8,415

1,061 days less than the Chargers

Total Points Lost By

Chargers 126, Seahawks 75,

51 points less than the Chargers

Last Super Bowl

Chargers, 1-29-1995, Seahawks 2-5-2006

Love it that she stands up for herself.

Go SEAHAWKS!!!

I think you'll like this story about this Seahawk fan that lives in Arkansas.

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2007/01/09/week_in_review/sports/saturday/sports03.txt

OUFAN29
1/10/2007, 10:09 AM
You're a Seahawks fan and you're attempting to smack-talk the Chargers?

The Chargers bow to the Seahawks based on being far superior alone. FIXED

Your comment alone shows how much smarter my daughter is than you. Facts are facts buddy.

OUFAN29
1/10/2007, 10:10 AM
I think you'll like this story about this Seahawk fan that lives in Arkansas.

http://www.swtimes.com/articles/2007/01/09/week_in_review/sports/saturday/sports03.txt

Thanks. Great story.

GrapevineSooner
1/10/2007, 10:36 AM
But how many Super Bowls does either franchise have?

OK, I rest my case. :D

8timechamps
1/10/2007, 11:22 AM
Okay, the Broncos own you both! :)

Seriously, if Marty coaches like he has been this year, they will win it all....BUT, if he goes back to Marty Ball....they're done this weekend!

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 11:35 AM
FIXED

Your comment alone shows how much smarter my daughter is than you. Facts are facts buddy.

How many league championships have the Chickens won again? Here's a hint: it's less than the Chargers.

Facts are facts.

One team has tradition. One team steals it from Texas A&M.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2007, 11:40 AM
Oh geez.

Steve Young just threw another TD on the Chargers.

At least Seattle was cheated.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 11:41 AM
Oh geez.

Steve Young just threw another TD on the Chargers.

At least Seattle whines a lot about being cheated.

They sure do.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2007, 11:42 AM
They sure do.
Hard to whine when you got turned into a prom date like San Diego did.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 11:55 AM
Hard to whine when you got turned into a prom date like San Diego did.

Man, that's awesome that the best you can do is talk about something 10 years and four coaches ago. However, I'm sure that if Seattle had lost by 40, they'd have complained about the turf being loose and the refs being in the pocket of the Steelers. That's how the "12th man" rolls.

Frankly, that Charger team had no business being in the Super Bowl. The two best teams in the league by a WIDE margin were both in the NFC that year. The AFC had to put someone in there, though.

OUFAN29
1/10/2007, 12:21 PM
How many league championships have the Chickens won again? Here's a hint: it's less than the Chargers.

Facts are facts.

One team has tradition. One team steals it from Texas A&M.

What tradition? As a constant poor performing team? Maybe. Even head to head the chargers have less wins than the Seahawks. Enjoy the bandwagon.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 01:10 PM
What tradition? As a constant poor performing team? Maybe. Even head to head the chargers have less wins than the Seahawks. Enjoy the bandwagon.

The bandwagon? I've got a #19 jersey hanging in my closet. I have a Don Coryell autograph hanging in my den.

Bandwagon would be a fanbase that only started going to games a couple of years ago after the last hunk of crap stadium had to be blown up.

soonersweetie
1/10/2007, 01:12 PM
Man, that's awesome that the best you can do is talk about something 10 years and four coaches ago. However, I'm sure that if Seattle had lost by 40, they'd have complained about the turf being loose and the refs being in the pocket of the Steelers. That's how the "12th man" rolls.

Frankly, that Charger team had no business being in the Super Bowl. The two best teams in the league by a WIDE margin were both in the NFC that year. The AFC had to put someone in there, though.

Mike, I'm curious about something. I realize I don't know much about your background, etc. Please enlighten me as to why you feel the need to display your obvious dislike, er, disgust for the Seahawks? I mean, as you so vehemently have posted, in your opinion they have not done anything superb, spectacular or noteworthy in their tenure in the NFL. So I'm not sure I understand why you feel the need to make sure we are all aware of how much you don't like them.

Maybe someone ****ed in your post toasties today, and you just feel the need to take it out on someone, and the Seahawks happen to be in your line of fire today.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 01:15 PM
Um, possibly because your husband felt the need to post his disdain for Charger fans and the Charger franchise?

I don't have any real hard feelings towards the Chickens.

Boomer.....
1/10/2007, 01:22 PM
:pop:

soonersweetie
1/10/2007, 01:24 PM
Well, you must admit Mike. It doesn't really matter what team anyone cheers for, every team has their idiot fans. The Charger fans around here, that we seem to run into the most, are misplaced LA Raider fans that have no team to root for. I think you know what I mean when I say, Raider fans. Most of the time, I could care less if the Chargers win or lose. They are just not on my radar as teams I check out on Sunday.

What his original post was trying to point out, was that there was some punk kid who was spouting off that Seahawks suck and that the Chargers rule to our daughter yesterday. Our daughter had the smarts and sense enough to go look it up and compare the stats over a period of time. The kid could have been rooting for any team, Chargers, Saints, Dolphins, etc. The team was not the point. The point was that our daughter (only being in 6th grade) is smart enough to think to go do her research and outsmart a smart *** 8th grade punk.

Hubby's remark on NE outplaying SD comes from NE's record in the playoffs in January. That is a stat that is difficult to overlook, even if they are playing in SD's backyard. It will be a very good game. Personally, I wouldn't want to play either team.

Scott D
1/10/2007, 01:26 PM
probably because the Seachickens are the Seachickens, and there really shouldn't be another reason.

Signed, Bo Jackson.

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 01:46 PM
Well, you must admit Mike. It doesn't really matter what team anyone cheers for, every team has their idiot fans. The Charger fans around here, that we seem to run into the most, are misplaced LA Raider fans that have no team to root for. I think you know what I mean when I say, Raider fans. Most of the time, I could care less if the Chargers win or lose. They are just not on my radar as teams I check out on Sunday.

What his original post was trying to point out, was that there was some punk kid who was spouting off that Seahawks suck and that the Chargers rule to our daughter yesterday. Our daughter had the smarts and sense enough to go look it up and compare the stats over a period of time. The kid could have been rooting for any team, Chargers, Saints, Dolphins, etc. The team was not the point. The point was that our daughter (only being in 6th grade) is smart enough to think to go do her research and outsmart a smart *** 8th grade punk.

Hubby's remark on NE outplaying SD comes from NE's record in the playoffs in January. That is a stat that is difficult to overlook, even if they are playing in SD's backyard. It will be a very good game. Personally, I wouldn't want to play either team.

Having met your daughter, I don't doubt for a second that I don't want to get into a battle of wits with her. She's a sharp cookie.

BeetDigger
1/10/2007, 02:31 PM
Okay, the Broncos own you both! :)

Its a requirement to talk smack with Raider fans and even with Chief fans. But as a Bronco fan, one never really feels the need to talk smack with Charger fans. When their once in a decade team comes around, you just have to let them enjoy it. :D

Seriously, if Marty coaches like he has been this year, they will win it all....BUT, if he goes back to Marty Ball....they're done this weekend!

So, what are the odds that the latter holds? And remember, he doesn't always revert back to his old ways in the first playoff game. Eventually, yes, but not always the first game. :texan:

BeetDigger
1/10/2007, 02:32 PM
The bandwagon? I've got a #19 jersey hanging in my closet.

I had forgotten what number Ryan Leaf wore. :texan:

Frozen Sooner
1/10/2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, that ain't a Ryan Leaf jersey.

And there was a great interview with Marty a couple of weeks back where he was talking about the mistakes he used to make with players and how it would bite him in the *** in the playoffs. The biggest change he's made is not practicing in pads five days a week-says that his players have a ton more energy at this time of the year than he ever remembers.

Plus, Cam Cameron is running the offense with pretty minimal input from Marty.

Scott D
1/10/2007, 05:08 PM
hah I'm not Chargers fan but Bambi > Anything wearing any form of dayglo orange with a puking horse helmet as a receiver.

8timechamps
1/11/2007, 03:24 PM
Its a requirement to talk smack with Raider fans and even with Chief fans. But as a Bronco fan, one never really feels the need to talk smack with Charger fans. When their once in a decade team comes around, you just have to let them enjoy it. :D

So, what are the odds that the latter holds? And remember, he doesn't always revert back to his old ways in the first playoff game. Eventually, yes, but not always the first game. :texan:

It's not even fun talking smack to the Raiders anymore. As for the Chargers, you're 100% correct, this is their once ni a decade chance....so, I guess we should let them enjoy it. It's like when Dad is sick and the kids do things they normally wouldn't do. But, when dad get's better, order get's restored.

As for Marty, I hope he doesn't resort to Marty Ball....but, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

soonerboomer93
1/12/2007, 01:47 AM
Oh, I so knew this thread would be like this when I saw the title.

I fully expect to see Marty Ball to return this weekend

SoonerInKCMO
1/12/2007, 08:42 PM
One team has tradition.

:confused:

1 league championship 43 years ago is a tradition? Might as well say the Cowpokers have a tradition for that Big 8 title they shared back in the '70s. :texan:

Frozen Sooner
1/13/2007, 07:42 PM
:confused:

1 league championship 43 years ago is a tradition? Might as well say the Cowpokers have a tradition for that Big 8 title they shared back in the '70s. :texan:

Nah. I was talking about the best uniforms in league history and the best fight song of all time. I'm talking about Don Coryell and the Air Coryell offense. I'm talking about Lance Alworth, Kellen Winslow, John Hadl, Chuck Muncie, Junior Seau, Dan Fouts, and Charlie Joiner. I'm talking about the Epic in Miami. Seattle fans, on the other hand, better be careful or they're going to start burying dead dogs in the parking lot.

BeetDigger
1/14/2007, 08:43 PM
Nah. I was talking about the best uniforms in league history and the best fight song of all time. I'm talking about Don Coryell and the Air Coryell offense. I'm talking about Lance Alworth, Kellen Winslow, John Hadl, Chuck Muncie, Junior Seau, Dan Fouts, and Charlie Joiner. I'm talking about the Epic in Miami. Seattle fans, on the other hand, better be careful or they're going to start burying dead dogs in the parking lot.

At least Seattle wins a playoff game once in a while. :texan:

yermom
1/14/2007, 08:46 PM
ouch.

how do you not beat the Pats when Brady tosses 3 picks?

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2007, 09:13 PM
By fumbling them back.

I am so ****ed at sports this year it's not even funny.

royalfan5
1/14/2007, 09:16 PM
By fumbling them back.

I am so ****ed at sports this year it's not even funny.
Just think when you go to work tomorrow you'll be able to forget about another Chargers loss. It would really suck to be unemployed for a week and not have something to distract me from that kind of loss.

Frozen Sooner
1/14/2007, 09:23 PM
Just think when you go to work tomorrow you'll be able to forget about another Chargers loss. It would really suck to be unemployed for a week and not have something to distract me from that kind of loss.

:mad:

And I wouldn't be at work on MLK Day anyhow.

soonerboomer93
1/15/2007, 02:31 AM

oh, that's ****ing brilliant