PDA

View Full Version : People that dump their dogs are

BoogercountySooner
1/9/2007, 06:37 PM
worthless in my book. Twice in the last month we've had people dump their dogs on our place and they just make themselves at home. I was setting out in my shop the other night and was petting the one dog that we still had there at the time when I hear something eating from the dog's bowls. Low and behold there was a half grown pup feeding away he had just made himself at home. We checked with the neighbors to make sure they weren't missing a dog and then I had to put him down when noone claimed it.

A month ago same thing happens this dog just shows up and makes himself at home starts feeding out of the dog's bowl. I once again check all the neighbors and noone is missing a dog. I call the Booger County Humane society and ask if they take in stray dog's and the first thing this yahoo say's is shoot it. I say my daughter won't let me and then he say's make an appointment for the next Tuesday and we might take it in. Fortunately one of my 21 year old son's friends dropped by and said he would take him.

I had to hide the latest dog from my daughter so I could just put the latest one down if noone claimed it. I know why didn't I just make another appointment with the Humane Society and take him ther? Well it's all the way accross our county about a 40 minute drive and with the regularity of this happening I don't want to deal with it all the time.

I know I'm bad but I am not going to take in every stray or unwanted dog that comes along.

That is all. I know WWDD.

LilSooner
1/9/2007, 06:44 PM
See I'm the opposite I take in every dog that comes along, but Rhino won't let me take any more. :(

yermom
1/9/2007, 06:46 PM
them's good eatin'

DustySooner
1/9/2007, 06:53 PM
them's good eatin'

Apparently they do good in the freezer, too.

Frozen Sooner
1/9/2007, 06:54 PM
That sucks, BCS. Why in God's name do people think they can just drop dogs off on your property?

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2007, 06:58 PM
That sucks, BCS. Why in God's name do people think they can just drop dogs off on your property?
We lived in the country and they dropped them off a lot.

One time they shot two dogs on our private drive and left them dead in the middle of the road.

BoogercountySooner
1/9/2007, 07:02 PM
People don't have the heart I guess to do what this cold blooded SOB does I guess. I think that the Humane society would charge me to leave a dog there to. I left that out of the original post.

OK2LA
1/9/2007, 07:04 PM
We lived in the country and they dropped them off a lot.

One time they shot two dogs on our private drive and left them dead in the middle of the road.

I'd love to meet that guy.:mad:

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2007, 07:05 PM
BCS:

My dad would do what Dean would most likely do.

Bullets are cheap.

DustySooner
1/9/2007, 07:22 PM
My parents live out in the country, and I agree it's insane how many dogs get dropped off out in the middle of nowhere basically for dead.

Although you did what my dad can't. He doesn't have the heart to shoot a dog.. it's really sad because he can't afford to take em all in.. so they will either end up ran over, eaten, or starved to death, anyways. :(

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2007, 07:26 PM
It takes heart to end it quickly rather than let them die horribly.

GottaHavePride
1/9/2007, 07:28 PM
BCS:

My dad would do what Dean would most likely do.

Bullets are cheap.

And no one will miss a dog-dumper anyway.

;)

GottaHavePride
1/9/2007, 07:30 PM
OH, and WWDD? What Would Dusty (Dvoracek) Do?

DustySooner
1/9/2007, 07:46 PM
It takes heart to end it quickly rather than let them die horribly.

No no don't get me wrong..I should have specified my dad does what he can to try and feed and water the ones that wonder up to his house, but they still end up wondering off and not coming back afterwards. That or they're to scared to approach him.

opksooner
1/9/2007, 08:34 PM
You might find some good recipes in:

"The Authentic Vietnamese Cookbook: 100 ways to Wok your dog".

oilmud
1/9/2007, 08:55 PM
It's a horrible feeling to put a stray dog down, but it is easier than dumping a domestic animal off to fend for itself. Bastages.

SicEmBaylor
1/9/2007, 09:02 PM
OH, and WWDD? What Would Dusty (Dvoracek) Do?

Have a drink?

Tiptonsooner
1/9/2007, 10:47 PM
SicEm, that is pretty classless.

SicEmBaylor
1/9/2007, 11:07 PM
SicEm, that is pretty classless.
I know, but it was right over the plate.

C&CDean
1/10/2007, 09:35 AM
I have evolved.

Now, instead of feeding them, watering them, picking the ticks off them, calling around to see if they belong to somebody or spending an entire day trying to pimp them to the local shelters, getting attached then shooting them, I just euthanize them on the spot. It's easier that way. You don't become attached. I find I'm not as angry about the **********s who dump them that way.

And you'll know when I finally catch somebody dumping them. My IP address will be from the OK Department of Corrections.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2007, 09:39 AM
"The dog got lost while I was poaching deer"

BoogercountySooner
1/10/2007, 09:41 AM
I will probably evolve to that eventually. I think if a stray dog shows up and it has no collar or tags I will just put it down. I'm new to the area and don't want to kill a neighbors dog but if they don't have tags or a collar then they probably belong to noone.

sanantoniosooner
1/10/2007, 09:49 AM
My dad has a young bird dog that ran off a few weeks ago. Within a few minutes he heard a gunshot. He drove that direction and people were driving off quickly. The few that remained acted very suspicious. He figured they shot his dog, but he couldn't press the issue without more evidence.

A week later the dog shows up. It's scrawny and weak. It had a rope on it that my day had used in training. He thinks it got the rope stuck in some brush and couldn't get free for a while. It's surprising it survived that long with the number of coyotes in the area.

I know you two are smart enough not to shoot a bird dog. :D

BoogercountySooner
1/10/2007, 09:52 AM
I ain't that smart you've held conversations with me!:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/10/2007, 09:57 AM
Have a drink?

Since this is the first time I've had to check you on this I'll let it slide.

Don't let it happen again.

C&CDean
1/10/2007, 10:01 AM
She's getting soft in her old age. Back in the day, a Dusty neg = ear poke of biblical proportion.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/10/2007, 10:03 AM
You're right. I'm gonna earpoke the **** out of his spek and pop one of his boobs.

Sometimes we all need a Deanslap to remind us what's important in life.

BoogercountySooner
1/10/2007, 10:03 AM
I know a serious Dusty story that I will not pass on due to the fear I have of blonde women.

Shamrock
1/10/2007, 01:52 PM
I live way out in the sticks .... and "cityfied" peoples are always dumping their dogs out here. I've got three "walk up" dogs that we've kept. Best damn farm dogs I've ever had.

Sooner_Bob
1/10/2007, 02:01 PM
Back when we lived out on the Navajo I had this one dog show up at my house about 10 years ago. That sucker climbed the chainlink fence and made himself right at home. He was a nice looking dog and all, but I already had two at the time and didn't want a 3rd. Strays were a dime a dozen out there.

It was the first time I ever saw a dog climb a chainlink fence.

I remember hearing about a lady who took in every animal that showed up and had to literally use a goose-neck trailer to haul them all for their free rabies shots. She had like over 100 cats and dogs.