PDA

View Full Version : KRAGTHORPE to THE VILLE..IT's OFFICIAL

BIG_IKE
1/9/2007, 01:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2725322

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2007, 01:36 PM
Thats too bad. Good luck to him.

He single handedly saved Tulsa Football.

Collier11
1/9/2007, 01:38 PM
Good for him!!!

Sooner_Bob
1/9/2007, 01:40 PM
So when do the Bill Blankenship to Tulsa rumors start?

BoomerJack
1/9/2007, 01:43 PM

And he may just now have single handedly killed it!!:D

Of course, it'll depend on who Tulsa gets to replace him, how current prospect recruits feel about it, yada, yada, yada. Given his success there it's no surprise he's climbing those golden stairs.

stunandun
1/9/2007, 01:45 PM
Oh no !!! Here we go ---Stoops to Tulsa. Dean sez 63 % to 27 % chance.

Widescreen
1/9/2007, 02:02 PM
I can't wait for the next Tulsa coach announcement where he says "I'm here to win a national championship." :P

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2007, 02:11 PM
And he may just now have single handedly killed it!!:D

Of course, it'll depend on who Tulsa gets to replace him, how current prospect recruits feel about it, yada, yada, yada. Given his success there it's no surprise he's climbing those golden stairs.

No, not now. TU has put more money into the program than anytime in modern history. Skelly is undergoing some renovations with some big news about that coming soon.

TU Football is on firm ground now. We couldn't say that 4 years ago.

yur-out
1/9/2007, 02:12 PM
I think you can hand Bubba some of that also.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2007, 02:19 PM
I think you can hand Bubba some of that also.

Of course. But without Kraggy being successful, whats Bubba got??

Now TU can go get someone who will have a renovated stadium soon, a conference championship in the case, a couple of bowls under its belt, and plenty of talent in the pipeline to win now.

JohnnyMack
1/9/2007, 02:24 PM
If they interview Coker or Blankenship they deserve famine and pestilence.

Paperclip
1/9/2007, 02:29 PM
Cale Gundy to Tulsa!

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2007, 02:33 PM
Why not another Stoops?

Mark Stoops??

85sooners
1/9/2007, 02:51 PM
:pop:

Collier11
1/9/2007, 03:11 PM
Coker would be great...seriously

CincySooner
1/9/2007, 04:46 PM
Coker would be great...seriously

agreed, I think it would be a better fit than most people think.

Phil
1/9/2007, 06:13 PM
No, not now. TU has put more money into the program than anytime in modern history. Skelly is undergoing some renovations with some big news about that coming soon.

TU Football is on firm ground now. We couldn't say that 4 years ago.

The only renovations that dump should have involve taking it to the ground and starting over.

Big Red Ron
1/9/2007, 06:21 PM
They should hire Josh Heupel. I think he'd do a great job and then have HC experience when Stoops does leave. ;)

Tuloma
1/9/2007, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=OklahomaTuba]No, not now. TU has put more money into the program than anytime in modern history. Skelly is undergoing some renovations with some big news about that coming soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't you mean TU is dreaming about renovating Skelly Stadium, like they have for the last 20 years. Last report I heard was they had plans, but no money.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2007, 11:09 PM
The only renovations that dump should have involve taking it to the ground and starting over.

Maybe, but the plans I have seen really make the place look great. Reminds me of SMU's stadium.

OklahomaTuba
1/9/2007, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=OklahomaTuba]
Don't you mean TU is dreaming about renovating Skelly Stadium, like they have for the last 20 years. Last report I heard was they had plans, but no money.
They have a plan, and they are raising money as we speak. Not sure why its so on the down low, but they are doing it.

TU is very committed to improving the campus right now, and the stadium is a part of that.

picasso
1/9/2007, 11:25 PM
does Tulsa go after Fedora of Okie State? that'd be funny.

tommieharris91
1/9/2007, 11:31 PM
Given the history of Tulsa football and basketball teams, something tells me they will go after the assistant flavor of the week, who will then move on to Kansas after Mark Mangino has a heart attack.

47straight
1/10/2007, 03:48 AM
I don't consider this a move up for Kragthorpe. Call me old-school, or remind me that I was out of the country for the college football season, but Louisville is a mid-major school. Another year and he could have been at aTm or even bigger.

royalfan5
1/10/2007, 08:58 AM
I don't consider this a move up for Kragthorpe. Call me old-school, or remind me that I was out of the country for the college football season, but Louisville is a mid-major school. Another year and he could have been at aTm or even bigger.
Louisville also sells out every week, and expanding their under 10yr old stadium to 65K in the next two years. The are in a guaranteed BCS league and have the financial resources to do home and home's with real teams. The C-USA is not going to get a BCS bid anytime soon, and isn't capable of doing home and home's with major teams. That right there is the difference between major and mid-major. If he wins at Louisville it will be a lot easier for him to move up to ATM or bigger. And is ATM really that good of a job? You'd be at a perputual little brother with a bat**** insane fan base, it's like being the Pokes coach with more of them and a military fetish, and honestly who wants to coach in Stillwater?

OklahomaTuba
1/10/2007, 09:11 AM
Sounds like Larry is interested and could pull the trigger today or tomorrow.

No doubt UL is a step up. TU is just to small to compete like they would like to. Also, Lousiville is the football school in that state. Tulsa has to compete with OU and T Boone's hedge fund.

47straight
1/10/2007, 12:14 PM
The are in a guaranteed BCS league and have the financial resources to do home and home's with real teams.

Let's see Joe C go home and home with Louisville. I wouldn't put it past your A.D., but then again your A.D. refused to comment negatively on the "hillbilly" comment in an email exchange I had with him.

The C-USA is not going to get a BCS bid anytime soon.

True

If he wins at Louisville it will be a lot easier for him to move up to ATM or bigger.

Nope. He could have moved to aTm or bigger right where he was at, unless we're talking the NFL.

And is ATM really that good of a job? You'd be at a perputual little brother with a bat**** insane fan base, it's like being the Pokes coach with more of them and a military fetish, and honestly who wants to coach in Stillwater?

aTm is not doomed to be the little brother. If OU can make texas its bitch, aTm can do it. And atm's fan support, facilities and resources are way bigger than OSU's.

Also, Lousiville is the football school in that state.

Isn't that like being the basketball school in Texas?

royalfan5
1/10/2007, 12:20 PM
Let's see Joe C go home and home with Louisville. I wouldn't put it past your A.D., but then again your A.D. refused to comment negatively on the "hillbilly" comment in an email exchange I had with him.

True

Nope. He could have moved to aTm or bigger right where he was at, unless we're talking the NFL.

aTm is not doomed to be the little brother. If OU can make texas its bitch, aTm can do it. And atm's fan support, facilities and resources are way bigger than OSU's.

Isn't that like being the basketball school in Texas?
If your AD will do home and home's with Oregon, he will do them with Louisville, especially once their expansion is complete. Home and home's have less to do with prestige as they do with finances. Louisville has sufficent cash to warrant home and homes.

JohnnyMack
1/10/2007, 12:28 PM
Fedora is a better choice than Coker.

So is the ND assistant who's name I'm too lazy to look up.

Paperclip
1/10/2007, 01:01 PM
Um, we did a home and home with Louisville, 1997 (Norman) and 1999 (Louisville).

47straight
1/10/2007, 04:22 PM
Um, we did a home and home with Louisville, 1997 (Norman) and 1999 (Louisville).

Brought about by a former head coach from said school, yes?