PDA

View Full Version : I don't feel so bad now...

TheHumanAlphabet
1/9/2007, 12:09 PM
An "L" is still a Loss but...

We lost to an undefeated team playing the best game in their history and we play not so well, but come back to almost win the game and lose on two sandlot trick plays no one has seen in a long time...

Fiesta Bowl
#7 OU 42
#9 Boise State 43

Rose Bowl:
#8 USC 32
#3 Meechigan 18

Orange Bowl
#5 Lousivill 24
#15 Wake Forest 13

Sugar Bowl
#4 LSU 41
#11 Notre Dame 14

Cotton Bowl
#10 Auburn 17
#22 Nebraska 14

MNC Game
#1 Ohio State 14
#2 Florida 41

No Blow out and tough game. OU didn't do so bad. Thank You Meechigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame for getting blown out and moving people off the OU game.

Big 10/11 Do you think you need a Champ game?

picasso
1/9/2007, 12:12 PM
it still sucks. we were better and should have won.

the only consolation is that we won the conference.
I'm not spoiled but I would enjoy winning a BCS game.

I'll stop speaking in short sentences now.

Boomer.....
1/9/2007, 12:31 PM
I think that the media still thinks of OU highly to have them ranked #11 after lossing to a small conference, highly underdog team in BSU.

tbl
1/9/2007, 12:43 PM
It's not that they think that highly of us; it's that they have hard on's for BSU.

swardboy
1/9/2007, 01:17 PM
It's not that they think that highly of us; it's that they have hard on's for BSU.

I think next year things will soften up a bit.....

:D

Pricetag
1/9/2007, 02:01 PM
lose on two sandlot trick plays no one has seen in a long time...
Did anyone else think we might have tried a hook and lateral earlier in the game? There was one play where we hit a short pass and Peterson was running at full speed past the receiver. I got the impression that there was a lateral to him planned, but the receiver was tackled before it developed.

Ike
1/9/2007, 02:23 PM

Can you blame them? Seriously? hell, even as stung as I am by that game, I can't help but give a big tip of the hat to BSU. With the gambles they took and the execution they had to have to pull off those last few minutes the way they did, they deserve their moment in the sun.

Granted we played flat for almost the first 3 quarters. But the conventional wisdom stated that even a flat OU team should be able to handle Boise St. They showed that to be wrong. And lets face it, when the Sooners did wake up, the world saw some of the most exciting 20 someodd minutes of football of the year. If I was in the media, I'd be hyping BSU too, simply because they won a game that made for great TV and a great story.

soonerloyal
1/9/2007, 02:56 PM
...I can't help but give a big tip of the hat to BSU...With the gambles they took and the execution they had to have to pull off those last few minutes the way they did, they deserve their moment in the sun.

...I'd be hyping BSU too, simply because they won a game that made for great TV and a great story.

There ya go.

Look at the legend, the dynasty that is Oklahoma University Football. For another program to excel, to be victorious, to have their own moment in the sun, does not diminish one iota of our own team's accomplishments. I have been blessed to behold the greatness that is our own, and I am content therewith. And at the same time, I look forward to more.

'Spek to Boise State, and 'spek to the poster.