PDA

View Full Version : STFU Bobby

stoopified
1/9/2007, 10:55 AM
Knight needs to get over himself.To say that L2 should be banned because he cleared out with his elbows is BS.I am sorry his player got hurt but basketball IS a contact sport.Knight has an ego so big he has to have two people to carry it around for him.My thread title pretty much sums up my feelings.

Boomer.....
1/9/2007, 11:01 AM
He is a whiny bitch. The problem is that EVERYONE bows down to him.

crawfish
1/9/2007, 11:40 AM
Knight needs to be banned from salad bars.

Herr Scholz
1/9/2007, 04:12 PM
Knight needs to be banned from salad bars.
While he will throw an occasional salad and scream profanities in public, Knight still needs to mix in an occasional salad. Bob Huggins even more so.

Beef
1/9/2007, 04:19 PM
While he will throw an occasional salad and scream profanities in public, Knight still needs to mix in an occasional salad. Bob Huggins even more so.
Salads don't soak up the liquor for ****.

OSUAggie
1/9/2007, 05:59 PM
Knight needs to get over himself.To say that L2 should be banned because he cleared out with his elbows is BS.I am sorry his player got hurt but basketball IS a contact sport.Knight has an ego so big he has to have two people to carry it around for him.My thread title pretty much sums up my feelings.

Wildly flailing elbows doesn't equal clearing out...

It was a terrible play, no matter the intent. That's not how you reverse the ball... Someone should teach Longar the game a bit better, although banning him for the season is a bit ridiculous.

Collier11
1/9/2007, 06:13 PM
So does that mean that Knight be fired for life from coaching NCAA for choking a kid, slapping another, head-butting another, mocking whipping a african american player another time, and attacking his own son once on the sideline. I usually stick up for the guy but im starting to get sick of his SH*T!!!

PrideTrombone
1/9/2007, 06:20 PM
Wildly flailing elbows doesn't equal clearing out...

It was a terrible play, no matter the intent. That's not how you reverse the ball... Someone should teach Longar the game a bit better, although banning him for the season is a bit ridiculous.

Wildly flailing? He swung around ONCE with his elbows and happened to hit Vlade Jr. It happens.

OSUAggie
1/9/2007, 06:28 PM
heh, Vlade, Jr. He also did it a couple of times previous that didn't connect. Wildly flailing was probably a bit extreme, but he was definitely out of control with his elbows, which is obviously not good.

Jello Biafra
1/9/2007, 07:32 PM
heh, Vlade, Jr. He also did it a couple of times previous that didn't connect. Wildly flailing was probably a bit extreme, but he was definitely out of control with his elbows, which is obviously not good.

who gives a fugg. if you can't handle it.......theres always room at the end of the bench.......

knight is a bitch and i wish i was in that whole salad bar thingie. i may have done the annexation of puerto rico on his honky asss while he was trying to toss the TT official's salad. his problem is he thinks his opinion matters to most people and truth be known, there is probably a handful people that actually give a phuc about what he says.

crawfish
1/9/2007, 08:48 PM

I'd be more critical if I didn't see that same thing going on night after night in college basketball. If it's wrong, then they should ban it.

badger
1/9/2007, 09:34 PM
who gives a fugg. if you can't handle it.......theres always room at the end of the bench.......

knight is a bitch and i wish i was in that whole salad bar thingie. i may have done the annexation of puerto rico on his honky asss while he was trying to toss the TT official's salad. his problem is he thinks his opinion matters to most people and truth be known, there is probably a handful people that actually give a phuc about what he says.
He's phuggin phunnie, though. Knite provides my knightly hewmer.

I fink he should shaddap, lest we forget...

Moran: Hey Knight.
Chokey: MR. Knight.
Moran: Whatever.

Chokey then proceeds to tard out.

Jello Biafra
1/9/2007, 11:18 PM
He's phuggin phunnie, though. Knite provides my knightly hewmer.

I fink he should shaddap, lest we forget...

Moran: Hey Knight.
Chokey: MR. Knight.
Moran: Whatever.

Chokey then proceeds to tard out.

:) umm ok....

whos chokey? whos moran?

OSUAggie
1/10/2007, 10:39 AM
Chokey = Knight... err.. Mr. Knight
Moran = the kid that got choked at IU for not saying Mr.

william_brasky
1/10/2007, 12:39 PM
If you watch the clip, TT big foreign kid is lunging on D, playing bent over at the waist with his face leading. I remember reading "Season on the Brink," and Knight would go crazy on his kids when they played D like this.

Just some food for thought.

SleestakSooner
1/10/2007, 02:21 PM
Question is... would you rather go on a hunting expedition with BK or have him angrily toss your salad?

mrjeffmaxwell
1/11/2007, 06:10 PM
Does anyone have video of what Knight is talking about? The intentional fouls or whatever..

Boomer.....
1/11/2007, 09:13 PM
I saw a video of it on youtube. Just search for Longar Longar.

Ruuuuuufus
1/12/2007, 12:05 PM
Longar is to be suspended two games :\

GrapevineSooner
1/12/2007, 12:18 PM
Another reason for me to hate Bobby Knight.

Ash
1/12/2007, 12:34 PM
This is horsecrap pure and simple. Weiberg pandering to Knight, who is the B12's biggest bball celebrity at this point and a direct link to publicity on ESPN that the conference otherwise prolly wouldn't get.

toast
1/12/2007, 12:51 PM
hopefully this works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsgD8ybQ00

doesn't look anything like intentional to me.

stoopified
1/12/2007, 12:57 PM
Given Knight's well-known lack of control,both physically and verbally,he has no room to critcize anyone.As Boomer.... said everyne bows down to him,why I don't know.It is total bs.Can anyone imagine Barry Switzer or Bob Stoops or even Sutton being allowed to behave like a total a$$ and not getting fired?IU tolerated Bobby way too long before FINALLY firing him.

IF TT wasn't so desperate to have a BIG TIME basketgall program,they wouldn't tolerate him either.The funny part is that Coach Knightmare has mot had any greater sucess than the fine coach (Jim Dickey) he replaced.I am also amused that KS had the better of Bobby in the OU-TT battle.It strikes me now that I think about it as IRONICALLY fittting that KS now coaches Knightmare's old team at IU.Kind of a cosmic payback for whining about the timing error.

Now he is crying about a simple rebound clear-out.He has branded Longar Longar as a thug( consider the source).From all accounts Longar is a very nice,intelligent ,and thoughtful person who would NEVER intentionally hurt anyone.That makes him the EXACT opposite of Knight the world class a$$hat.

If ihear Vitale call him GENERAL ROBERT MONTGOMERY KNIGHT one more time,I'm gonna scream.It is fitting I think that Bobby finshes his career in a shadowed dark corner of the college basketball world far from the national acclaim of Sweet 16,Elite Eight,Final Four status.Couldn't happen to a nicer guy . :D

stoopified
1/12/2007, 12:59 PM
The suspension is PURE BULL****.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/12/2007, 01:00 PM
It should have been called a foul.

But..

It shouldn't have been called an intentional foul, it wasn't

Longar shouldn't be suspended. It is only being made an issue because the TT player was hurt. If he did the same exact thing and the TT player just gets a bruise under his eye then it would be a non-issue.

Weinburg is getting bullied by Knight. Given his love for OU, it probably didn't take much bullying.

Personally I think Castiglione should read a short statement saying "Weinburg is a bitch and Bobby Knight smells like toad sweat." and then no more comments need to be made.

Beef
1/12/2007, 01:54 PM
hopefully this works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsgD8ybQ00

doesn't look anything like intentional to me.
This is the first time I've actually seen it. All I saw Longar do was turn with the ball to pass the ball towards the basket we're trying to score on. Looks like a blocking foul on the urine player to me.

leavingthezoo
1/12/2007, 02:03 PM
This is the first time I've actually seen it. All I saw Longar do was turn with the ball to pass the ball towards the basket we're trying to score on. Looks like a blocking foul on the urine player to me.

i know. based on all the threads, you would have thought the evidence would be a bit more damning. i'm fine with the foul on longar, but intentional and worthy of suspension is retarded.

LittleWingSooner
1/12/2007, 02:09 PM
I can see getting an intentional foul called on him there since he basically elbowed his face. But he didn't intend to do what happened. It was as much the defenders fault for going in on Longar and bating LL to do what he did.

Ash
1/12/2007, 02:49 PM
Well, I saw it happen in live action, and i've watched the clips several times again since then and I just can't see where anybody would get the idea that it was intentional.

After catching an inbound pass, Longar (facing the sideline) is turning toward the basket, Euro gets right up on him, Longar tries to clear space (which he is allowed to do, each player is entitled to position on the court - meaning if Euro humping his leg prevents him from putting his non-pivot leg down and completing his turning motion toward the basket, foul is actually on Euro) he clears out with the elbows (swinging once around in the same direction as he was trying to turn), Euro (who is humping is leg and breathing, literally, down his neck) gets popped by the first elbow (while Longar still is partially facing away from said Euro).

This is all complete and total bull**** and I wouldn't put it past that petty little tyrant of a man, Knight, to have been waiting for something like this to exorcise his demons of bitterness over the "game clock" incident.

I didn't think I could loathe sand aggy more than after the *** raping they gave the football team, but this notches it up a bit.

OSUAggie
1/12/2007, 03:10 PM
Didn't you guys *** rape their basketball team a few years back?

william_brasky
1/12/2007, 03:11 PM
Exactly what I've been saying from the get go: Euro was in Longar's space leading with his face. Just as much Euro's fault on the deal.

Bull**** suspension.

Bobby's now teaching that if you bitch and moan enough, you can get your way. Nice lesson coach. Effin' Baby.

Rhino
1/12/2007, 03:26 PM
There was nothing intentional about it.

I feel bad for the kid, but he shoulda snapped his head back faster and/or not led with his face.

OSUAggie
1/12/2007, 03:31 PM
Longar's elbows are way too high. It's a violent move, one in which should be called as a technical every time against the player, no matter the team for which said person plays. Maybe I'm wrong, but it obviously packs severe consequences if contact is made. Should be sort of like the high sticking rule in that ice sport.

Ash
1/12/2007, 03:34 PM
Longar's elbows are way too high. It's a violent move, one in which should be called as a technical every time against the player, no matter the team for which said person plays. Maybe I'm wrong, but it obviously packs severe consequences if contact is made. Should be sort of like the high sticking rule in that ice sport.

It's common in basketball games, there's no violence in it unless a player sticks his face in there. I've never seen a technical/intentional/flagrant called even when contact is made. Maybe there has been a case, but I've never known that to happen, and I wouldn't advocate it no matter the circumstance. And I'd maintain this position "no matter the team for which said person plays."

Don't tell me Bobby doesn't teach his players to do the same.

If he doesn't like it, though, he should petition the NCAA rules committee to ban it. He's acting like a whiny little beyotch.

william_brasky
1/12/2007, 03:34 PM
I see high elbows every game I watch, and I do watch alot of basketball.

Just unfortunate the Euro got caught with it and broke some bones.

Why the hell was he guarding Longar that close out on the perimeter anyway? Just doesn't make sense. I understand ball pressure and all that jazz, but come on. It was an inbounds play to a Center on the perimeter. Really no reason to be out guarding the guy like your hair's on fire.

Rhino
1/12/2007, 03:39 PM
Longar is almost 7 feet tall. His elbows are going to be high.

lubbocksooner
1/12/2007, 03:40 PM
That it was a foul is not disputed. I don't agree with the flagrant as I don't feel there was intent. Suspension is way out of line. There are flagrant fouls EVERY night in the NCAA. How many suspensions???? I sure can't think of any, it is wrong to punish Longar in this way if it really happens. Take him aside and tell him to be careful that the officals will be watching to make sure he is not making a habit of it. This seems like intimidation on the part of the Big 12 towards Longar.

Ash
1/12/2007, 03:43 PM
Capel has mentioned that it's messed with Longar's head a bit, as well. He feels really bad that the guy got hurt, obviously didn't intend to do it, and feels like people are going to see him as a dirty player when he's not.

leavingthezoo
1/12/2007, 03:47 PM

dude, your aggie is showing.

GrapevineSooner
1/12/2007, 05:57 PM
It's not like Longar swung his elbows ridiculously far from his body. He tried to keep them as close to his body as he possibly could and just unfortunately nailed the kid in the face.

Pat Knight and Tech can threaten all the legal action they want. It's not light Longar went Todd Bertuzzi on the kid.

Jimminy Crimson
1/12/2007, 06:17 PM
:mad:

Salt City Sooner
1/12/2007, 08:43 PM
"IRVING, TX - The Big 12 Conference today announced the two-game suspension of Oklahoma men's basketball student-athlete Longar Longar for an elbowing incident during the OU at Texas Tech game on January 6.

On an-inbound play, Longar struck Texas Tech student-athlete Esmir Rizvic with an extended elbow after receiving the ball with 17:05 left in the second half. As a result of the contact, Rizvic sustained a fractured eye socket and underwent corrective surgery on January 8.

"After careful evaluation of videotape and review of Oklahoma's written report, I have concluded that Mr. Longar's act is in violation of the Big 12 Conference's Principles and Standards of Sportsmanship," said Commissioner Kevin Weiberg. "On the play, Mr. Longar leads with a high elbow as he pivots after catching an in-bound pass. His elbow made severe and excessive contact with the face of the Texas Tech player causing significant injury. While I do not believe Mr. Longar intended to cause serious injury, and he has no prior history of this kind of incident, I view this as a dangerous and unacceptable play. Therefore, a suspension from competition is warranted. We simply must convey a message that this kind of play will not be condoned."

On appeal by Oklahoma, the Conference's findings and suspension of Mr. Longar were upheld by the Big 12's Sportsmanship Appeal Board. The Appeal Board consists of the three past chairs of the Council of Faculty Athletics Representatives and the two future chairs of the Board of Directors of Athletics. Its decisions are final. Those hearing the appeal were Mike Alden, Athletics Director, University of Missouri; Mike Holen, Faculty Athletics Representative, Kansas State University; and Gerald Lage, Faculty Athletics Representative, Oklahoma State University. Texas Tech Athletics Director Gerald Myers recused himself, while Texas A&M Faculty Athletics Representative Tom Adair was unavailable and out of the country.

Longar's suspension takes place immediately. He will sit out Oklahoma's games January 13 at Texas and January 17 vs. Nebraska. In serving his suspension, Longar may practice and travel with the team but is not permitted to suit up or participate in any pre-game or game activities.

"It is unfortunate that Mr. Rizvic was injured on this play, and we wish him a full and speedy recovery," added Weiberg. "Although Oklahoma disagreed with the decision in this case, I appreciate their cooperation and professionalism as we processed this difficult matter."

The Conference office considers this matter closed and will have no further comment.

http://www.big12sports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011207aaa.html

Nice. Burgess, who drilled Bobby Maze in the coconut in the very same game, & Curry (see pics below) get off scott free, while LL gets drilled. Thanks, Weiberg, appreciate yet ANOTHER example of your objectivity. The frickin' Pac-10 conference stood up for OU more than this jerk has.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/playmakr34/aaaa.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c388/playmakr34/aaaaa.jpg

Duke o Brewery
1/12/2007, 08:45 PM
The big problem isn't even Longar's so-called 'foul'. The problem is that Knight has something personal against Oklahoma. First there was the accusations he threw at OU after the shot clock incident in which he questioned the class and integrity of our University. Then, last September, he was an outspoken critic of the Sooners after the debacle at Oregon. Not only did he tell the AP that OU was getting a taste of its own medicine, but he was practically overjoyed to see Sooner fans and supporters suffering a bullsh*t 'defeat'. It had nothing whatsoever to do with him! It wasn't even his sport!

And now this aggressive crusade against Longar. An ejection and apology weren't enough for him.

What are we going to see next from this jerk?

Ash
1/12/2007, 08:49 PM
Nice to know that the fate of a young man from OU, in this case, was in the hands of a texican, a Mizzou honk, a Kansas aggy, and a freakin' poke.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm completely confident that these rulings are based entirely on an impartial assessment of the facts.

I mean, after concluding that the play was not intentional, what else could they do but suspend him?

Ash
1/12/2007, 08:50 PM
By the way, Salt City Sooner, excellent case in point.

Ash
1/12/2007, 08:54 PM
The big problem isn't even Longar's so-called 'foul'. The problem is that Knight has something personal against Oklahoma. First there was the accusations he threw at OU after the shot clock incident in which he questioned the class and integrity of our University. Then, last September, he was an outspoken critic of the Sooners after the debacle at Oregon. Not only did he tell the AP that OU was getting a taste of its own medicine, but he was practically overjoyed to see Sooner fans and supporters suffering a bullsh*t 'defeat'. It had nothing whatsoever to do with him! It wasn't even his sport!

And now this aggressive crusade against Longar. An ejection and apology weren't enough for him.

What are we going to see next from this jerk?

I'm probably more fired up about this than I should be, but I can't stand to see OU get pushed around by Knight and his little bish Weiberg because of Knight's petty little bull**** grudge (or maybe he's on the rag). I dunno, I hate that ********** hypocrite.

GrapevineSooner
1/12/2007, 09:06 PM
Well, at least we know who Bob Knight's bitch is. :mad:

When Tech comes into town, I want everyone in attendance to give this a-hole, hell.

Salt City Sooner
1/12/2007, 09:10 PM
Castiglione's response:

NORMAN, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma Athletics Director Joe Castiglione issued the following statement Friday evening. The statement is in response to a two-game suspension handed down on OU men's basketball player Longar Longar.

“We all regret that an injury occurred in this situation and continue to wish a full and quick recovery to Esmir Rizvic. At the same time, we are very disappointed in the Big 12 Conference decision as it relates to Longar. We strongly support Longar and our team and utilized every avenue available to us, including an appeal, to the fullest extent. We strenuously disagree that suspension from competition is warranted."

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=746971

Ash
1/12/2007, 09:17 PM
Well, it's good to know Joe C. has Longar's back. It's probably all you can expect in this situation in terms of a public response.

My favorite quote:

The Conference office considers this matter closed and will have no further comment.

Translation: we ****ed you HAHAHA suck it OU!

birddog
1/12/2007, 09:26 PM
nice work salt lake, i wish you'd send that to weiberg.

Rhino
1/12/2007, 10:02 PM
How ridiculous.

royalfan5
1/12/2007, 10:20 PM
Elbows are part of the game for a post player. To act like they aren't is a patently ridiculous. Bill Lambier and Rick Mahorn are rolling over in their graves right now because of this.

GrapevineSooner
1/12/2007, 11:10 PM
I didn't think it was possible for another commissioner to **** me off more than David Stern did last year.

I was wrong. This weasel needs to go.

Salt City Sooner
1/12/2007, 11:58 PM
After viewing this, I DARE somebody to tell me that this isn't purely about Knight's vendetta against OU. The clip below is from the Ark./Tech game, & the elbow is every bit as hard, if not more so, yet you didn't hear one stinkin' PEEP from the jerk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usBBGrUkmOo

Harry Beanbag
1/13/2007, 11:48 AM
I'm ready to turn the Big 10 into the Big12. This conference sucks donkey balls.

MamaMia
1/13/2007, 12:06 PM
Longar's elbows are way too high. It's a violent move, one in which should be called as a technical every time against the player, no matter the team for which said person plays. Maybe I'm wrong, but it obviously packs severe consequences if contact is made. Should be sort of like the high sticking rule in that ice sport.If that were the case, your whole team would be benched.

GrapevineSooner
1/13/2007, 12:53 PM

So....

When are you going to lobby for a suspension of JamesOn Curry?

OUmillenium
1/13/2007, 02:36 PM
Well, at least we know who Bob Knight's bitch is. :mad:

When Tech comes into town, I want everyone in attendance to give this a-hole, hell.

I'll be there!! What shall we throw at Knight?!

OUmillenium
1/13/2007, 02:49 PM
I also believe you guys who can make it out to every game need to give LL some major support/cheers when he is introduced his first game back. Maybe he should get the extra cheers all year long. He should not be feeling guilt or having to deal with this BS. Weiberg should truly be ashamed of being manipulated like this. Those in power should really begin evaluating Weiberg's true worth and leadership(lack of) for this conference. I would be embarassed to work for a poosy like Weiberg. He needs a severe azz kicking. If any of you can get me close to him, I'll get the job done.

sooner518
1/14/2007, 01:06 AM
So....

When are you going to lobby for a suspension of JamesOn Curry?
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

Beef
1/14/2007, 09:42 AM
Lettuce.

crawfish
1/14/2007, 10:16 AM
So...you think if somebody throws their elbows like that and doesn't connect with another player, will they be suspended? Will they be called for a technical? Will they be called for anything?

If they're not gonna enforce it to that level, Longar's punishment means nothing.

SleestakSooner
1/16/2007, 05:40 PM
Big XII Office
400 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Irving TX, 75309

Big 12 Communications Director Rob Carolla at 469-524-1011 or via email ([email protected]).

We can thank Yolanda at the Irving Chamber of Commerce for this updated address. Still working on the actual email addy for Weiberg. It is probably something like [email protected]

SleestakSooner
1/17/2007, 03:34 PM
mic check, testing one, two, three... is this thing working? :cool:

tommieharris91
1/17/2007, 07:45 PM

Chairs. 'bows. Slap him in his face a few times, too.

stoopified
2/4/2007, 12:41 AM
Wonder how Bobby likes L2 now?Payback is a B!TCH,ain't it?:D

william_brasky
2/4/2007, 12:59 AM
I didn't see BK shake LL's hand after the game.

Did anyone notice whether they shook hands or not?

PhxSooner
2/4/2007, 01:01 AM
I read that Bobby was "too sick" to attend the postgame press conference. What an unbelievable chicken move. OU really gets under his skin.

birddog
2/4/2007, 01:06 AM
I didn't see BK shake LL's hand after the game.

Did anyone notice whether they shook hands or not?
bob kept his fat arse in his chair but did shake his hand. capel said he didn't say anything to him before, or after the game.

that dude is just too much for me to handle.

birddog
2/4/2007, 01:09 AM
Lucas visits: Coveted recruit Jai Lucas — son of former NBA guard John Lucas, younger brother of former Oklahoma State standout John Lucas III — attended the game.

OU students noticed, chanting "We want Jai! We want Jai!”

Lucas, who is also considering OSU, Kentucky and Maryland, responded with a wave.

Also in attendance was Oklahoma Christian School's Blake Griffin, who has orally committed to OU. Griffin is the younger brother of current Sooner Taylor Griffin.

• No signs: OU officials confiscated several signs with messages directed at Knight.

One example: "Hey Bobby, it's not like he choked him” — a reference to Longar Longar's elbow, which resulted in a two-game suspension earlier this year, and to a past incident in which Knight choked Indiana player Neil Reed.

• Big weapon: OU senior forward Nate Carter's 24 points was a career high. And continuing a recent trend, much of his production came from the free-throw line.

Carter was 11-of-12 — and 6-of-6 in the last four minutes.

"It's a big weapon,” coach Jeff Capel said. "Getting to the free-throw line, there's an art to that. And Nate has been very good.”

In Big 12 games, Carter is 58-of-65 (.892) and has hit 47 of his last 48.

•Tip-ins: It wasn't just Carter. OU hit 23 of 28 free throws, including 20 of 24 in the second half. … Longar had 19 points and 14 rebounds, his fourth career double-double. … Jackson (31 points) and Martin Zeno (20) combined for 51 of the Red Raiders' 61 points.

By George Schroeder