PDA

View Full Version : kirk herbstreit's top 25

bellefay1
1/9/2007, 09:29 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/specials/collegefootball_front/votes/10041.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME

1 Florida
2 Southern Cal
3 LSU
4 Ohio St.
5 Boise St.
6 Louisville
7 Michigan
8 Wisconsin
9 Arkansas
10 West Virginia
11 Oklahoma
12 California
13 Rutgers
14 Texas
15 BYU
16 Notre Dame
17 Penn St.
18 Auburn
19 Wake Forest
20 TCU
21 Tennessee
22 Oregon St.
23 Boston College
24 Georgia
25 Virginia Tech

dougsooner
1/9/2007, 09:38 AM
Sorry, but Ark. above us is a joke.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 09:43 AM
I like the ranking. It seems a bit high for a "preseason poll" though. With out a proven qb, and assuming the loss of AD (we all know we'll be fine, but when you lose a player the caliber of AD, it's going to sting a little), we are unproven.

We'll either finish undefeated or with a couple of losses....I don't think anyone really knows.

Mjcpr
1/9/2007, 09:46 AM
Florida, LSU, Ohio State and Louisville will also have new starting QBs.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 09:50 AM

Don't pretend to know sports.

mmmkay?!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 09:55 AM
I like the ranking. It seems a bit high for a "preseason poll" though. With out a proven qb, and assuming the loss of AD (we all know we'll be fine, but when you lose a player the caliber of AD, it's going to sting a little), we are unproven.

We'll either finish undefeated or with a couple of losses....I don't think anyone really knows.

I'm pretty sure that is his final poll, not his preseason poll for next year.

bellefay1
1/9/2007, 09:57 AM

that is his end of the year poll, not preseason poll fyi.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that is his final poll, not his preseason poll for next year.

In that case, he's retarded.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 10:06 AM
In that case, he's retarded.

Less than if it were a preseason poll for next year. I don't think Boise St losing 22 5th year seniors including their QB would be ranked #5 or Arkansas with about 3-4 players leaving early for the draft being #9.

TopDawg
1/9/2007, 10:14 AM

Yeah, but unless LSU's guy transfers, Ohio State is the only one with an inexperienced QB.

Mjcpr
1/9/2007, 10:17 AM
Yeah, but unless LSU's guy transfers, Ohio State is the only one with an inexperienced QB.

Who is Louisville's? And Tebow? What could he have learned from 32 QB draws? :D

BIG_IKE
1/9/2007, 10:17 AM
How many times did you see Tebow throw the ball? That silly QB Dive wont work forever...he is green as far as passing is concerned. LSU's Russell is entering the draft...Brohm could too..

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 10:24 AM
That silly QB Dive wont work forever...

Said the Ohio State defense.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 10:30 AM
How many times did you see Tebow throw the ball? That silly QB Dive wont work forever...he is green as far as passing is concerned. LSU's Russell is entering the draft...Brohm could too..

Tebow can throw the ball. The offense will probably be more predictable since he will be QB full time but Tebow will do well in that offense much as Alex Smith did in Utah. Tebow is more of the type of QB Meyer is looking for as opposed to Leak. If Bob were to leave OU and I had a choice of any coach to take over I'd take Meyer over anyone, including Saban, Tressel or Carroll.

Brohm should and probably will enter the draft. I think Louisville is going to come back down to earth without Petrino.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 10:31 AM
Brohm should and probably will enter the draft. I think Louisville is going to come back down to earth without Petrino.

yup! Petrino leaving and Bush's injury should be enough to send Brohm packin'.

OSUAggie
1/9/2007, 10:32 AM
How many times did you see Tebow throw the ball? That silly QB Dive wont work forever...he is green as far as passing is concerned.

Somehow the big bad SEC didn't figure it out all year.

Apparently black players in the south are faster than black players in the north, or at least that's what I've gathered from this BCS season.

stoopified
1/9/2007, 10:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that is his final poll, not his preseason poll for next year.Thats the way I take it too.

RedstickSooner
1/9/2007, 10:51 AM
It's not a matter of how you take it, it's that it's numbered -- it says it's his week 16 poll. Which means end of season, not pre-season.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 10:54 AM
It's not a matter of how you take it, it's that it's numbered -- it says it's his week 16 poll. Which means end of season, not pre-season.

It's not a matter of where he grips it...

OUmillenium
1/9/2007, 11:08 AM
Heh...

TopDawg
1/9/2007, 12:02 PM
Who is Louisville's? And Tebow? What could he have learned from 32 QB draws? :D

Brohm was injured for a few games this year and they brought in a backup and didn't experience much of a drop off. He may've even put up better numbers than Brohm.

I don't think the dude was a senior, but I could be wrong.