PDA

View Full Version : Final polls out..............

SOONER44EVER
1/9/2007, 02:11 AM
............and we're #11.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Collier11
1/9/2007, 02:14 AM
............and we're higher than texas

Fixed

PhxSooner
1/9/2007, 02:15 AM
Um, how do you put Wisconsin ahead of Boise State?

SOONER44EVER
1/9/2007, 02:17 AM
Um, how do you put Wisconsin ahead of Boise State?
How do you put any of those teams ahead of BSU?
And theres no way Ohio St. is the 2nd best team in the country.

PhxSooner
1/9/2007, 02:20 AM
Ohio State should be at least behind USC or LSU. And really, how do you rank a team that won a BCS game below one who didn't?

soonermeteor
1/9/2007, 02:22 AM
I think we are better than West Virginia... should be #10. They lost to freakin southern Florida! I mean come on! :mad: We had one more loss, but all were to ranked teams.... and well, no reason to bring up a certain game again I guess:rolleyes:

But yes, we are higher than Texas. :D

garland sooner
1/9/2007, 02:25 AM
at least BSU got one first place vote.

IronSooner
1/9/2007, 02:31 AM
I'd have had BSU 3rd personally, but what do I know. I'm not a member of the media.

soonerloyal
1/9/2007, 02:32 AM
And doesn't it warm your fuzzies to see ND go back to...the tower?

BIG_IKE
1/9/2007, 06:49 AM
Holy smokes! Oregon State was 10-4 and Hawaii was 11-3!?!?!?

Partial Qualifier
1/9/2007, 07:37 AM
Ohio State should be at least behind USC or LSU. And really, how do you rank a team that won a BCS game below one who didn't?

But SOONER44EVER, if they voted OSU below SC and LSU, considering OSU had 1 loss and the others had 2, that would be dangerously close to admitting they were wrong all year about OSU, so they'd look as dumb as they feel right about now. Can't be havin' that :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SIX-TEAM PLAYOFF, NOW DANGNAMBIT!!!

TJKDone
1/9/2007, 07:59 AM
Fixed

Good to know we will always be dear to your heart;)

Hook'em

aero
1/9/2007, 08:50 AM
Actually, those polls look pretty good. tOSU only lost in the NC game, albeit badly, but those things happen. Even when you are the best team, as we well know. LSU and usuc looked great in their bowl games but they did lose 2 games. The truth is BSU had a great year and its a great story but they are overrated. The truth also is we were a pretty good team this year with unbelievable fight but really not a great team. The B12 was down and we benefitted frrom that. We gift-wrapped some scores for BSU and while they played full-tilt boogie and we still should have won the game. Were we top 10? Maybe. Heck, we might have even been top 5 with the amount of heart our guys showed but we didn't have "it", whatever that is. I know we didn't have that extra something to put our foots on the opponents neck and ice the game when it counted or stretch a lead to put the game out of reach. And that cost us the Oregon debacle as well as the Fiesta. But overall, it was a year and a team to be quite proud of. Probably the biggest stories in college football this year involved OU. Bomar and Quinn. PT. The Oregon debacle (it will always be "debacle" to me). The team and coach never quitting. The Fiesta. And even though we should have one, BSU did make some great plays and they, too, showed no quit. Absolutely give BSU credit. But it takes 2 teams to play the greatest game. Great year OU. I love you and can't wait till next year.

MarylandSooner
1/9/2007, 09:18 AM
I cannot start a new thread but wanted to point out the idiot that he is Stewart Mandel, he has a story today tittled "Looking ahead to 2007" in which the Sooners are no where to be found in his top 15. What a total dumb arse.

tbl
1/9/2007, 09:24 AM
I agree with aero. Can't complain too much about those rankings. I do think BSU could have been a little higher, though I don't see them beating USC or LSU.

tbl
1/9/2007, 09:26 AM
I cannot start a new thread but wanted to point out the idiot that he is Stewart Mandel, he has a story today tittled "Looking ahead to 2007" in which the Sooners are no where to be found in his top 15. What a total dumb arse.
Why? We don't have an established QB, and that role is HUGE in making a team. We didn't have any preseason buzz in 2000 either, so if the team is worthy, they can win their way into contention.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 09:48 AM

That's predictable.

I also heard a guy on 610 sports in KC this morning pimping Hook 'em and Neb as the top teams in the Big 12 next year.

I expected us to be overlooked somewhat because we will again have a question at QB but other than QB and maybe DE we look to be loaded at every other position. I'm not sure that Mandel (or other talking heads) tend to look too closely at what teams have coming back the following year. They simply just go with who looks like the hot hand.

Corso looks at Hook 'em for example and sees McCoy and Sweed are back so they must be better next year but doesn't bother to note that 3 year starters on the O-Line like Blalock, Studdard and Sendelein are gone or that both their DE and 3/4 of the secondary is gone. Not saying that they don't have talented guys to step in but they are going to have growing pains there like we did in 04.

Look at Neb. In addition to losing their QB Taylor they lose like 6 of their starers on defense including their front 4 and their SS LB. They probably are the best team in the North but they have issues of their own.

I would be more concerned with where we are once Spring Practice is underway.

BIG_IKE
1/9/2007, 10:11 AM
The thing with Texas the fact that they return every single offensive weapon except Selvin Young, every single Defensive Tackle, Every single linebacker, and some pretty good ends. the biggest thing they lose is on their O-Line and the secondary...and for them, some changes in the secondary could be good. Ironically though, I expect them to have 2 1st rounders come out of their secondary..

And realistically speaking...I expect them to have 6 guys grabbed in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Ross,Griffin,Crowder,Blalock,Seindlein, and maybe Studdard or Robison.

If OU had a solid QB coming back we would be in the Top 5.

BIG_IKE
1/9/2007, 10:12 AM
...but to be truthful..our losses in the defensive front worry me more than anything...I think our QB situation will work itself out.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 10:20 AM
The thing with Texas the fact that they return every single offensive weapon except Selvin Young, every single Defensive Tackle, Every single linebacker, and some pretty good ends. the biggest thing they lose is on their O-Line and the secondary...and for them, some changes in the secondary could be good. Ironically though, I expect them to have 2 1st rounders come out of their secondary..

And realistically speaking...I expect them to have 6 guys grabbed in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Ross,Griffin,Crowder,Blalock,Seindlein, and maybe Studdard or Robison.

If OU had a solid QB coming back we would be in the Top 5.

I agree Hook 'em has a lot of talent returning. I just think that it is arguable that the last 2 years they have had their best O-line ever and it is going to be tough for them to replace. Sweed is a good WR but I don't think that their skill positions are as talented as the group in the last 4-5 years.

Agree on the QB coming back but it could be that Bradford turns out to be that guy. He may not have a season like McCoy did but I think he has a supporting cast that will help a lot and don't discount the fact that virtually the whole OL (minus Messner) is back with depth next year.

TUSooner
1/9/2007, 10:25 AM
I pretty much agree with aero on this one

zeke
1/9/2007, 10:26 AM
Looks good enough to me.

Just heard Boise State Coach Peterson on ESPN, Class Guy!
NO Whine about him like tubberville or usc's peter claiming their own National Championship. When asked who the #1 team in the country was Peterson without hesitation said "Florida" they earned the right to be in the game and went out and won it.

stoopified
1/9/2007, 10:49 AM
Wuth allwe have coming back we shoule be AT LEAST top 10-15.

sendbaht
1/9/2007, 10:55 AM
Not to bad for all we went though.....I'm happy!