PDA

View Full Version : Do the "professional" prognosticators know anything?!

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 12:07 AM
Seriously?

How many zillion members of the media played this game before it even kicked off.

Not that I ever really had much respect for the media...bit what minute amount I had left in the 2nd quarter.

bluedogok
1/9/2007, 12:08 AM
No, they do not, all they know how to do is read scripts and try to create "issues". I and many others on here could school them on the teams since we actually, ya know, watch the games.

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2007, 12:09 AM
Isn't it an annual tradition for them to be monumentally wrong every year?

TopDawg
1/9/2007, 12:12 AM
Why wasn't there a thread like this after all the Sooner prognosticators gave Boise State no chance of winning?

SoonerNorth
1/9/2007, 12:16 AM
What I think this game shows is how close the top 10 to 20 teams really are. All year long fans, including myself overreact to every game. The truth is the talent level is very close between a lot of schools across the country. Coaching game plans and momentum are so key in college ball. I know I have been guilty more times than I can count, being to quick to blame our coaches and our kids for not being perfect. Florida proved it tonight, forget what all of the so called experts say. The truth is speed kills, athletic ability and a great game plan can take it to any team.

Harry Beanbag
1/9/2007, 12:17 AM
Why wasn't there a thread like this after all the Sooner prognosticators gave Boise State no chance of winning?

I give up. Why wasn't there one?

mdklatt
1/9/2007, 12:33 AM
Seriously?

How many zillion members of the media played this game before it even kicked off.

How could anybody not see this coming? The Acorn Aggies played two teams with a pulse all year. They beat Texas at the beginning of the year with a true freshman at QB (plus, I hear he's got herpes or something). All the talk after the OSU/Michigan game was about the offensive explosion, but nobody seemed to notice that both defenses had to suck balls for that happen. When USC shut down Michigan, it had to be blindingly obvious to even a sports "journalist" that just maybe Florida could light them up.

IronSooner
1/9/2007, 12:37 AM
Nobody knows anything about college football. That's why they play the games. The job of the media is to generate interest in the games and thereby revenue for someone. Not to be right. It's all about dissenting opinions, arguing, rivalries, and upsets.

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 09:49 AM
How could anybody not see this coming? The Acorn Aggies played two teams with a pulse all year. They beat Texas at the beginning of the year with a true freshman at QB (plus, I hear he's got herpes or something). All the talk after the OSU/Michigan game was about the offensive explosion, but nobody seemed to notice that both defenses had to suck balls for that happen. When USC shut down Michigan, it had to be blindingly obvious to even a sports "journalist" that just maybe Florida could light them up.

I agree, and admit that I listened to so many talking heads that I figured it would be a bowout in the other direction. However, if you really think about it, it's not that big a surprise.

I think it all started with the hype over the oSu/Michigan game. I didn't think oSu was able to lose until the Rose Bowl, that's the first time I had an idea that maybe oSu AND Michigan were overrated.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2007, 10:01 AM
selective hypocrisy?

8timechamps
1/9/2007, 10:04 AM
selective hypocrisy?

Not to mention I haven't come clean with myself about the Fiesta Bowl.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/9/2007, 10:04 AM
I agree, and admit that I listened to so many talking heads that I figured it would be a bowout in the other direction. However, if you really think about it, it's not that big a surprise.

I think it all started with the hype over the oSu/Michigan game. I didn't think oSu was able to lose until the Rose Bowl, that's the first time I had an idea that maybe oSu AND Michigan were overrated.

I thought about the same way. I knew tOSU could lose if they played bad after a long layoff but I didn't see it happening. When Michigan was totally dominated by USC I thought maybe the Big 10 wasn't nearly as good as billed. Turned out they were vastly overrated.

The media will learn now. I bet they wait a whole 10-11 months before they crown next years national champ.

sanantoniosooner
1/9/2007, 10:06 AM
It's amazing how easy it is to see it coming after it's already happened.

tOSU had nearly a 2 month layoff. That and a little koolaid will kill most teams.